happy little saturday.

by Janetha on April 19, 2014

in eating out,family time,meals,oh baby

hey, guys! two posts in two days.. what is going on here? ha. i’m just hanging out on the couch and got an itch to blog, so i thought i’d share my day!

i tried my best to sleep in, but this baby makes me wake up whether it be to pee or to get something to eat. so i did both around 7:45 AM (a bowl of cereal and a piece of toast, FYI) and then zonked back out for a couple hours before getting up for good.

around noon momma b picked me up and we headed out for some lunch. i have been craving thai food for so long, but marshall isn’t a fan. so, obviously i had to recruit my mom to eat some tasty thai with me. as luck would have it, she had thai last night.. but is a good sport (and a lover of thai food) and so she was game to go to the SAME restaurant again today! we went to her favorite thai place, pawit’s. she talks about it often but i’d never been. i was pumped to try!

we started with the shrimp & chicken spring rolls served with their signature sauce.

NewImage

we shared two entrees: pad thai and massaman curry. omg both were SO good.. especially the curry!

NewImage

we stuffed ourselves to the brim and still had leftovers (which i am super excited to eat!) then we moved on with our adventures–the mall was next on the agenda for some shopping. i was looking for maternity clothes (ughhh) and momma b was ready to spoil my little dude with some sweet duds.

maternity clothes suck.. so i only ended up with a few tops from h&m.

NewImageNewImageNewImage

yay….

the baby clothes shopping was much more fun! it’s probably the most exciting part about baby shopping so far.. i mean, buying nipple cream and nursing pads just doesn’t have the same appeal, ya know?

i am kind of different when it comes to baby clothes. i don’t like the things with lots of cartoon characters or silly phrases (like “momma’s little stud” or “daddy’s big helper”–no thanks) and it seems like most places at the mall stock those type of things. so we skipped gymboree and ended up finding some cute stuff at baby gap and h&m and a couple things at carter’s and marshall’s.

NewImage

everything we got was 40% or more off! bargain shopping runs in the family. here are a few of our favorite finds….

NewImage

robots! i also got this print in a sleep sack.

NewImage

marshall loves dinosaurs, so i knew he would be a fan of these PJs.

NewImage

i wish you could see how teeny this thing is in real life! it’s for a newborn and it’s just so tiny and adorable. i am not getting too much newborn stuff since who knows how big he will be when born.. but i am hoping he’s not super big.. for obvious reasons.. yikes.

NewImage

this is by far my favorite find! it’s a paddington bear outfit. i lived in paddington when i was 19 so it has that connection.. plus marshall and i love bears! look how cute!

NewImage

loved the onesie so much i got it in a couple of sizes, haha.

while in gap we checked out the maxi dresses.. but quickly had to pass because, well:

NewImage

haha we were dying at how long that thing was! short people problems, for sure.

after our shopping extravaganza, we had to get a treat. i was still full from lunch, even though it was 5 o’clock, but there’s always room for ice cream! i had a root beer float at pace’s. mmm.

NewImage

once i got home, i got to work on making the annual easter carrot cake! it’s not easter without that cake! marshall helped by grating the carrots.

NewImage

i never ended up getting hungry again, so i just popped some popcorn to snack on while watching back to back episodes of curb your enthusiasm (love!) the pups wanted some, but got none.

NewImage

annnnd that was my saturday!

now we are still binge watching curb your enthusiasm. gotta love HBO go! i am sure we have a few more hours of that ahead of us. i am excited for easter with the fam tomorrow! i hope you enjoy your easter sunday (if you celebrate) and have a great rest of the weekend.

check ya later!

1. what was the last article of clothing you bought–for you or for someone else? i think shopping for my little dude is waaaayyy more fun than shopping for my pregnant self.

2. what are your favorite shows to watch back to back to back? in addition to curb your enthusiasm, we have been watching a lot of xfiles.

Polly @ Tasty Food Project April 20, 2014 at 12:04 am

The baby clothes look so cute!! The last article of clothing I bought was a Seahawks t-shirt for my 2 year old nephew. :)

My favorite show to watch is the Big Bang Theory! It’s hilarious!

Livi April 20, 2014 at 5:52 am

I love watching How I met your Mother back to back… except now they ruined all 9 seasons for me with that horrible ending!!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 20, 2014 at 7:04 am

Sounds like a pretty good Saturday! I did a little retail therapy for myself yesterday… ;)

Katie April 20, 2014 at 7:36 am

I get so annoyed at baby clothes that say dumb things. And monkeys! So many monkeys on little dude clothes…why???! I’m a huge fan of plain white obsies. Love you mama!!

Katie April 20, 2014 at 7:37 am

Onsies. Not obsies.

Amanda April 20, 2014 at 10:08 am

That dress was LONG. I have the same problem, haha.

Marshall is such a sweet man for grating those carrots! Gotta love carrot cake :)

รับสกรีนเสื้อ April 20, 2014 at 11:08 am

I leave a response whenever I appreciate a article on a site or I have something to
contribute to the conversation. Usually it’s caused by
the sincerness communicated in the post I read.
And on this article happy little saturday. | meals & moves.
I was moved enough to drop a comment :-P I do have a
couple of questions for you if you do not mind. Could it
be simply me or do some of these remarks look like they are
coming from brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are writing
at additional sites, I’d like to keep up with you.
Would you list all of your public pages like your
twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 20, 2014 at 11:20 am

The last article of clothing I bought? Wow that’s a tough one as I haven’t been shopping in a REALLY long time! I would have to say it was probably a pair of running shorts.

Heather || Heather's Dish April 20, 2014 at 11:30 am

OK so whenever/if ever I get preggo again I’m going to H&M. Holy cute maternity clothes!!!

Julie April 20, 2014 at 12:40 pm

I love spring rolls and make them at home all the time! Maxi dresses are such a problem for me too!

erin April 20, 2014 at 2:10 pm

I’m more of a silent blog-stalker than a commenter, but I had to comment after the pic of Momma B with the maxi dress :) I have short people problems too, and I LOVE the Gap’s maxi dresses because they are made of rayon.. so they SHRINK UP! (this is also nice because Gap clothes run incredibly large, so the XS actually fits after shrinking). The trick is to put them in the dryer (like it says not to do). It takes 2-3 inches off the length.

purelytwins April 20, 2014 at 5:04 pm

we feel your problems with being short :)

too funny you mentioned carrot cake as both of us have been wanting some!! yum

Cheri Z April 20, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Short people unite! We spent way too much time at our house making alterations, but that’s just the way it goes. Bailee is getting to the age (almost 16) where proms and such are in her near future. We’ve been window shopping for dresses and decided that we’ll have to probably go the short route or make our own. Most of the long dresses seemed designed with WNBA stars in mind.

Your shopping trip reminded me of our shopping sprees before we brought Bailee home from Vietnam. So much fun to pick out those little outfits and dream of the future family we were about to begin! Enjoy this special time in your life.

The last clothing purchase I made was a pair of capris and a pair of shorts for Bailee to wear to school now that spring finally seems to be thinking about coming. Joyous day.

Happy Easter Janetha and Marshall!

Linz @ Itz Linz April 21, 2014 at 5:00 am

giiiiirl maternity clothes are like the most comfortable things ever! haha i’m not giving all of mine up quite yet!

Janetha April 21, 2014 at 10:12 am

haha speak for yourself. i don’t like them.

betty April 21, 2014 at 6:31 am

I saw this onsie and thought of you since you love bears so much:

I def hate shopping for myself in general, so i’m sure a little babe would be ten times more fun.

shows I’ve been watching back to back to back is lost right now. we just started the series Thursday night.

betty April 21, 2014 at 6:32 am
Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut April 21, 2014 at 6:58 am

So many things to say!
1. I LOVE pad thai. We even make it at home sometimes.
2. You should check Target for maternity clothes…they are right next to the women’s clothing and sometimes I wander too far and realize I’m looking at a maternity piece haha
3. That long dress is hilarious. I am still on the hunt for one that is long and comfy (like that one looks) but that I don’t trip on!
4. Carrot cakes are serious work…grating carrots…gah! But the end product is worth it!!

Janetha April 21, 2014 at 10:16 am

ohhh do you have a good recipe?

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List April 21, 2014 at 7:54 am

we’re one and the same on the baby clothes thing. no characters or words. the best outfits are the organic ones on Zulily – just so dang expensive.

April April 21, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Such cute little things for the little guy!

The last clothing item I bought was for a little boy as well, for my boyfriend’s twin nephews coming in a few months. I couldn’t resist grabbing some little froggy onesies.

Favorite back-to-back series watching has to be Buffy or Big Bang Theory.

Pua April 22, 2014 at 12:29 am

I haven’t bought anything for my little one yet… People have been giving us all their old (and even new!) clothes, so I haven’t felt the urge to shop yet. But maternity clothes? Ugh… hate.it.

Back to back shows? Hmmm… Supernatural, Scandal, and any sort of stupid reality show that I don’t have to pay attention to. LOL