20 questions.

by Janetha on April 18, 2014

in random rambles

woohoo! happy friday! it’s been quite the week here in my life, so i am excited for a couple of days off. plus, it’s easter, weekend, which is always a good time. and i have a shopping date with momma b for this little baby in my belly, so it should be a great weekend.

i thought, since it’s friday, a little random rambling Q&A is in order! these 20 Qs were stolen from this girl.

1. What brings you the greatest joy?

knowing that i am growing a human. i cannot wait to meet that little dude. and, although they are few and very far between, the kicks i feel from him make me suuuper happy.

2. What are your vices?

my phone. i spend way too much time on it.

3. What is on your nightstand?

oh, a whole bunch of stuff.. i have this one from ikea that holds way too many things and, of course, it’s jam packed. i keep my makeup in there and jewelry and other odds & ends. also there is always a glass of water because i am constantly parched these days.

4. Do you have a secret talent?

i can blow bubbles off my tongue! i can also rattle of the alphabet backwards.

5. What is your greatest indulgence?

these days.. i guess dr. pepper. i gave up soda years ago, but lately i want it so often.

6. What should every woman try at least once in her life?

traveling! by herself! i traveled around europe with and without friends when i was 19 and i wouldn’t trade those experiences for anything in the world.

with my aussie mates at a pub in london

7. What makes you laugh?

my dogs. every day.

8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?

well it’s old news, but when people hear it for the first time i suppose they are surprised. i used to be a real big drug user and have been arrested many-a-time. i also was deported from canada.

9. What is on your bucket list?

i want to go to greece!

10. What is on your feet right now?

flip flops (see photo above.) i am so glad it is warmer now, because flip flops and maxi skirts make this pregnancy thing a lot easier.

11. How did you make your first dollar?

oh! this is fun. i have always been obsessed with cooking, and when i was a kid i had a restaurant called “janetha’s place”. i would draw menus and write items with elaborate descriptions and pass them out to family and the neighbors. that is definitely how i made my first buck. either that, or pullin’ weeds..

a budding chef right there.. sponge curlers and all

12. What superstition do you believe in?

i always make a wish when the clock is 11:11 or 5:55 etc.. and i have to close my eyes to make the wish, and when i open them the clock still has to read the same number, or the wish won’t come true. i never claimed to be normal.

13. What items in your closet do you wear the most?

sad.. i have been boxing up ALL my clothes lately. none of them fit anymore and i won’t be wearing any of the summer stuff until 2015. since we might be moving before then, i figure i may as well box it up!

i have been living in maxi skirts/dresses but none of my tshirts are fitting my boobs and belly anymore, so it’s time to spend money on bigger clothes. necessary evil. sigh.

14. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?

i am so not a material gift type of person. i like experiences much more than gifts. so i will say that my parents funding my semester abroad when i was 19 would have to be the greatest gift i have received. like i said in #6—wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world!

just another school day in london with my BFF mylisa, going to castles & museums

15. What is on your liquor shelf?

nothing at the moment! seeing as how i haven’t drank since december. but we do have some liquor in the freezer.. i think there is some lemonade vodka and probably some fireball.

16. What is on your kitchen counter?

well, we have quite a bit of counter space. in one corner is the keurig..

in another is the spice rack, toaster, and vitamix..

and on the bar area there is a basket full of snacks. it’s a fruit basket but the only fruit is the bananas and the basket part has all sorts of goodies like belvita biscuits,  krave jerky, kind bars, pistachios, and other things.

17. What would you never leave home without?

my phone.. obviously (see #2.)

18. What movie has the greatest ending?

empire records has a pretty swell ending.

19. Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party?

there are too many people to name. but we would have it in greece.

20. What is one thing you wish you had known when you were younger?

only one thing? haha. that it’s more fun to follow the rules. i spent a lot of my younger years in trouble and, while i did learn a lot of (hard) lessons, it would have been nice to just bypass all that crap and be where i am today. oh well, that’s just part of growing up!

well, that was fun-ish. knock yourself out, answer any questions you want! and have an awesome weekend!

Momma b April 18, 2014 at 1:42 pm

I’m in the dentist chair numb numb numb to my toes and crying over this post!! Now who’s the weirdo!?!?

I love you SO much!

lindsay April 19, 2014 at 5:02 am

i can’t believe you put up with her.. jk! Love you both!

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine April 18, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Aw, you were such a cute little girl! Haha!
I want to visit Greece to some day! The pictures I have seen look absolutely stunning!

Erica April 18, 2014 at 2:34 pm

You’re the cutest preggers ever. GAH! Love love. Isn’t it funny how pre-pregnancy you think “gosh, it’d be awesome to have big boobs”…then once you have them you think…”this is terrible.” hehe.

janetha April 18, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Seriously! I hate them! Lol yesterday I told Marshall I do not get why people PAY for fake boobs!

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run April 18, 2014 at 3:10 pm

i posted this survey on my blog today, too :)

Caroline April 18, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Yes- You definitely need to go to Greece one day! I’ve been there 3 times and I LOOOOOVE it there! I’m even hosting a greek meal for Easter :)

Lee April 18, 2014 at 4:07 pm

This is fun! I might steal it.

I got a lot of my favorite maternity stuff from Old Navy. I pretty much lived in these jeans: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=12941&vid=1&pid=294415002

janetha April 18, 2014 at 4:09 pm

i think it’s the claustrophobic in me, but i cannnnnot stand over-belly stuff. i bought one pair and they suffocated me all day. i am ok with under-belly, though! i have a pair of jeans from old navy that are under belly. but, really, i just hate pants in general lol.

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 18, 2014 at 6:47 pm

I completely understand the thing about the phone! It is my biggest vice I love it but feel like I can’t go anywhere without being connected and working!

Kim F April 18, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Haha 11:11, 2:22, 3:33… I do them all. And I get really upset if I miss one. and I don’t just make one wish I make as many as I can until the minute is up. You can say I’m greedy…or just taking the opportunity ;) Have a great Easter!

Livi April 18, 2014 at 8:14 pm

You have to go to Greece! It is one of my favorite places I have ever been!!!

Purelytwins April 19, 2014 at 8:34 am

we want to go to Greece too!! maybe we can plan a trip haha

xoxo

Teri [a foodie stays fit] April 19, 2014 at 11:28 am

omg little bitty Janetha. SO CUTE!

Can I come to Greece with you?

I’m totally stealing this blog post and doing the same on mine, mmmm k? xo

elaine c. April 19, 2014 at 9:54 pm

wow. i can blow bubbles off my tongue too! i have not yet met anyone else that has this talent :)

Jaci Inman April 20, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Love reading your blog posts! My hub and I have never been to Greece, let alone Europe. I’m sure Greece would be amazing! Trying to plan a trip abroad soon, any recommendations that you loved while abroad?

Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut April 21, 2014 at 7:06 am

Gah so jealous of your travels! But not of your deportation…need to read that post now haha. I would LOVE to travel to France with my mom who is in love with the whole French culture and language. :)

Nicole C April 21, 2014 at 11:27 am

You know I had to reminise about your travel abroad photos! I WISH I had that opportunity but the opportunity I had to go over there was priceless too. Now that I think about it, I think we were there the same time! It was the BEST decisions I have ever made. That travel bug never goes away either. Guess I better start planning something before the days slip by.

christina April 23, 2014 at 10:51 pm

janetha’s place — that is so cute. i agree about women traveling alone. it seems scary at first but can be so empowering!