tuesday’s entirety.

by Janetha on January 28, 2014

in meals

yo! two posts in two days? what’s going on here…

haha, see, i do miss regular rambling, guys! i decided to default back to old school meals & moves posting and do a tuesday’s entirety post!

i started the day off with a brain teaser for my instagram friends.

did you get it? it took me a few minutes but then it clicked. if you are hung up on it.. try solving the 7+7=triangle first and work your way backwards ;)

breakfast was trader joe’s steel cut oats with PB banana sandwiches.

NewImage

i love these steel cut oats! they are from the freezer section at trader joe’s. they are sweetened with maple and brown sugar, but just the right amount. they aren’t super sugary. i love the convenience of them because steel cut oats typically take a long time to cook. yep, i have always been a sucker for convenience.

a couple hours later marshall asked if i could run a coffee to him on his job site. it wasn’t too far from the office, so i agreed and headed out. i snagged myself an iced americano with a splash of cream as well.

NewImage

i headed back to the office and enjoyed it alongside a honeycrisp apple.. my favorite.

NewImage

insert a bunch of work here.. it sucks not having someone to fill kerryne’s shoes, but on the upside i get to sit at her old desk and chat with amanda all day. i usually am up in my own office by my lonesome.. so it’s fun to have some company throughout the day for a change!

lunch rolled around and i was super excited because i picked up a salad from trader joe’s. i don’t always buy their salads, but when i do i really look forward to lunch time! this particular one is my very favorite at the moment.

NewImage

after a couple more hours of work i took a break and was perusing facebook. i saw a post about caesar salad flavored lay’s..

unfortunately for me, and anyone else who said “SHUT UP I NEED THOSE!”, they aren’t a real live flavor.. but a flavor a facebook friend had dreamed up on the create-a-flavor contest. image
i then proceeded to check out all the other ideas and wish they were legit.  except for the tofu ones. or the marshmallow ones. those didn’t sound so rad.

five o’clock rolled around and it was time to head home. when i get home from work i have to have a snack, just like i did when i used to be in grade school. my snack today was probably something better suited for a kid.. but adults can have chicken nuggets, too!

NewImage

i didn’t have much time to snack because marshall and i were heading right back out to meet momma b for some house hunting. momma b is the best real estate agent in all of the land, so if you are in utah and need someone.. she’s your lady!

NewImage

we have been casually looking for a new house for about six months now. nothing has popped up but we do look every once in awhile. none of the three we saw tonight were THE ONE.. but we will keep looking!

we headed home and i decided that since it was already super late i wouldn’t end up fitting in a workout. gee.. too bad ;) haha.. lazy girl at heart right here!

house hunting took awhile, so when we did get home we were past hungry. pizza was on the menu but i popped some popcorn to tide us over until it was ready. i am in love with our hot air corn popper!

NewImage

we usually make pizza once a week. the multigrain dough at whole foods is hands down THE BEST pizza dough i have tried. we also picked up this cool little kit to build a BBQ chicken pizza.. how convenient. haha.. such a convenient day with the food!

NewImage

i watched marshall whip the pizza up.. he is the master pizza man.

NewImage

while the pizza was baking i flipped through my new oxygen mag. i loved seeing a snowboarder on the cover! very refreshing.

NewImage

this volcom wolf coat caught my eye.. you have to admit it’s pretty sweet. plus proceeds go to the wildlife in alaska.

NewImage

these lemon cheesecake bars also caught my eye! they may need to be made in the near future.

NewImage

the pizza was glorious when it came out of the oven.. it tasted even better than it looks!

NewImage

we just finished eating and now we are going to watch our latest show. marshall and i have been on an x files kick the past couple of months. after dinner we typically settle in and watch two or three episodes.  there are over 200 to get through and i think we are about 1/3 of the way through them. i never watched them as a kid, so it’s a fun new to me show to watch!

well, that was my day! i hope yours was equally as tasty!

before i go, i want to thank you all for the comments on yesterday’s post. i even received some texts and emails from folks thanking me for my honesty. sometimes i think twice about those type of rambles, but when i hear the responses from those who say reading the post made a difference for them, it makes it all worth it.

i do want to mention that marriage these days is fabulous! i guess that post gave the impression that things are rocky, but that was past-tense. it’s been smooth sailing for a very long time now. making a decision like the one i talked about yesterday is one of the reasons things are so great.  and we actually made that decision about six months ago, when the trip was booked. and if my post gave off the impression that i am bugged that i didn’t go–that wasn’t my intent. i couldn’t be happier about being here at home. there is honestly no place i would rather be.

if you are having marital problems of your own, please get help from an outsider—therapy works wonders. and don’t give up! divorce is becoming more and more common these days.. which is sad. i think it is an important option if something unforgivable happens, but if you just argue and disagree about things.. take the time to really work through them before pulling the D card.

mmmkay, that’s a wrap. check ya later alligators.

1. what kind of chip would you create?

2. what was your favorite after school snack?

Julie January 28, 2014 at 9:52 pm

I always need to have something after school, which is my work now. I typically like some carbs or I’ll just take a nap and that’s good too.

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:27 pm

I think we need nap time mid-work day!

Momma b January 28, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Love seeing the blog posts up and running! That realtor lady looks pretty hammered tonight….bet she’s been sick lately?!?!

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:26 pm

I bet she’s been abusing her codine cough medicine…

Erica January 28, 2014 at 10:46 pm

AH! I hope those Caesar chips win- they sound amazing! I hope you guys find a new place. I always like looking at houses. Obviously my favorite spot to checkout is the kitchen. The pizza looks perfect. I haven’t done homemade pizza in a while. Thats going on the menu for next week!!

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:26 pm

I know.. the kitchen is the biggest deal breaker for us! It’s super fun to look, though. Glad we aren’t on a time crunch.

Tanyajay January 28, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Those chips are real! We had them here in Canada this summer, along with maple ones and perogie ones. And yes they tasted awesome!!

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Oh MAN! Of course it was in Canada.. aka the country I am banned from lol whomp whomp

Carbzilla January 28, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Hi Sweetie – meant to comment on yesterday’s post but my iPad is not so great on the commenting gig and will just freeze for no reason. But for you it was worth circling back and saying GOOD FOR YOU for doing what’s best for you and Marshall. I know it’s hard, believe me. We are stressed to the max here, and every day I wonder how we already got through 15 years. But you do, you get through. Big hugs, as always!

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Love you always!

Alicia January 28, 2014 at 11:39 pm

Putting your marriage first is great! I think all couples should go to therapists!!!! Having an outsider provide insight and advice is priceless plus, it’s A LOT cheaper than divorce!

Jenn @ Mark My Mile January 29, 2014 at 3:59 am

HA! SO true. A couple of my friends are going through a divorce and it is becoming super expensive. Therapists are a great help and so are some books I’ve come across: The Five Love Languages and “Love & Respect”.

Alicia January 29, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I told my husband that you give a car a tune up, why wouldn’t you give your marriage one to! At the very least, a therapist can provide suggestions to help a couple communicate better and put perspective on problems/issues!

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:20 pm

I love that analogy!

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:25 pm

I loved the 5 love languages!

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:25 pm

That’s for SURE!

Carla January 29, 2014 at 5:54 am

marriage IS HARD.
and AWESOME.
like all things in life worth doing.

xo

marie January 29, 2014 at 6:37 am

True Dat.

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Amen.

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List January 29, 2014 at 7:52 am

my after school snack was usually COLD oatmeal cookie dough that my mom would make and leave in the fridge for us. ahhh…raw eggs. Those were the days!

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Oh yum. I love the dough more than the cookie.. for real.

Madison January 29, 2014 at 8:23 am

We appreciate your honesty and learn so much from you!

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

Krissie J @ Philly Nerd Girl January 29, 2014 at 9:15 am

Pizza rolls were always my favorite post-school snack! And I still have yet to think of a good chip flavor!

Speaking of snowboarding, I went on a Pin-binge via Dogfunk and Roxy, haha. ;)

I had friends that were on the brink of divorce after just one year of marriage (dude had all his shit in the car ready to leave) and they decided to go the counseling route even though their marriage was young (though they’d been dating for years before). They told me it was hands down the best decision ever mainly because they had gotten into habits they didn’t realize were sabotaging their ways to communicate and compromise with each other. It’s been two years since that period and they’re still happy and going strong. Sometimes you just need that outside person to give you the tools and perspective to move forward.

I’m happy you guys are happy. And good luck house hunting!!!

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:23 pm

My BFF works at dogfunk and is always sending me the cutest snapchats of new gear. It’s painful! Thanks for being you!!

Livi January 29, 2014 at 9:18 am

banana pb sandwiches?! I need these in my life!

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Get on it!

LG January 29, 2014 at 9:48 am

Yayyy! Thanks for posting! I can imagine it takes a lot of time, but your readers love you! :0)

My after-school snack growing up would be to search around the house and find the hidden ripple chips that my dad would put in the basement to keep from my mom. I’d have about half the bag along with a HUGE glass of homo milk. When I think about it now…ugggg. No wonder I wasn’t hungry for dinner!!

Either that or mixing cereal with peanut butter and chocolate chips and microwaving it all as a “cooking experiment”. :0)

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Awww you are so sweet to say that. Haha I love the sound of that experiment :)

Stacey January 29, 2014 at 9:59 am

My husband and I call our snack when we get home from work our ‘after school snack’ :) Mine was always a hostess snack-cake of some kind. And my breakfasts were always a Mountain Dew from the pop machine in town (my mom wouldn’t buy it) with fruit snacks or fruit roll-up. Amazing how times have changed – but it does explain my mouth full of cavities. Hindsight.

On to the jacket – my husband would loooove it. He has so many wolf t-shirts from our trips to AK. Finds them hilarious – praising the good Lord that jacket is a women’s :) Although I’m not sure that would stop him?

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Haha uh oh, hope it doesn’t catch his eye! But I actually kinda like it! Oh, man, it’s crazy how much my diet has changed since back then as well.

Corrie Anne January 29, 2014 at 10:46 am

I love those applegate chicken nuggets so much. If I have those with Alexia sweet potato fries, I am in BLISS!!!!! I would probably choose some sort of chip with bacon?? They probably already have that somewhere, you’d think!!!

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:21 pm

I totally bet they do! I have Alexia fries in my freezer, haha, love those things! The onion rings are good, too.

Eliza January 29, 2014 at 12:29 pm

I have a feeling you are pregnant :)

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:20 pm

I sure hope so! Or at least soon! That’s my goal. It’s tricky with that once-a-month window and the whole waiting game thing. Never did I realize how important timing is.

Jenn January 31, 2014 at 5:16 pm

I thought that last post! Praying for healthy results either way!

Eliza February 1, 2014 at 2:53 pm

:) good vibes your way sista! :)

Erin January 29, 2014 at 2:06 pm

We had the Caesar chips in Canada this past summer while I was there for a business trip – we brought all 4 flavors back with us to taste-test at work (along with a bag of the cheesy garlic bread winning flavor in the US). The Caesar were decent but the Pierogi were probably the best :)

Janetha January 29, 2014 at 3:17 pm

I don’t think I have ever had a pierogi.. I actually know I haven’t since I don’t know what it is! Off to Google…

Kim F January 29, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Honeycrisp apples are the BEST. hands down. Makes me wish it was fall again :)

SuzanneU January 29, 2014 at 6:29 pm

After school snack?? I graduated a million years ago and can’t remember back that far. LOL

As far as chips go, Caesar chips would be the BOMB. I also think bacon and eggs and grilled cheese chips would be awesome!

Good luck with the house hunting. I am an agent and sometimes it takes a year for a client to find THE HOUSE. Patience always pays off.

Destini January 30, 2014 at 11:15 am

They actually had Garlic Caesar lay chips for a contest flavour in Canada. They were okay. http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5508/9793695515_a6087f8579.jpg

Janetha January 30, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Oh man! Wish I had tried!

Erin @ A Girl & Her Mutt January 30, 2014 at 11:50 am

They already created the ultimate chip…Dill Pickle. Ugh. SO GOOD!

Janetha January 30, 2014 at 4:48 pm

i need to pick that up. i love pickles. omg it would be so good on a tuna sandwich.

betty January 30, 2014 at 1:07 pm

so so happy you’re happy! its a shame people always assume divorce is the only way. every time Barbara’s brother fights with his finance, their first reaction is the ‘break up’ or split up (they have a 2 yr old) and it just seems like they don’t really know how to fight well.. if that makes sense. just because you fight, doesn’t mean its the end of the world. fighting means you care. i’m glad therapy worked well.. I will always be open to the that option!

that pizza looks amazing.. minus your side with less cheese. I would die without cheese.

Janetha January 30, 2014 at 4:48 pm

haha i love that you spotted that. but i am doing better easing more dairy into my life! it is amazing!

Linz @ Itz Linz January 31, 2014 at 6:19 am

that pizza does look amazing!! not a huge fan of caesar but do love chips… love any kind of cheesy chips especially!

Sara January 31, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Wow my after school snacks included bagel bites, Mac and cheese, or brownie batter haha those were the days!

jenna February 2, 2014 at 7:14 pm

omg good call on the x-files. my boyfriend and i started doing the EXACT same thing last february when we realized all the seasons were on amazon prime. we’ve watched all the episodes in order and have 1 more season left!!!im gonna be sad when were done lol i got so obsessed.some of them are just so friggin ridiculous!!!!

Janetha February 10, 2014 at 9:34 pm

right there with you! we are on season four and loving it!

Heathers Looking Glass February 4, 2014 at 8:11 am

Ok the riddle is driving me batty over here!

Janetha February 10, 2014 at 9:33 pm

haha.. use your eyes not your brain. it’s a graphic riddle.. the two numbers form a picture

Annette@FitnessPerks February 4, 2014 at 11:32 am

Mmmm pizza!!! I love pizza. So much.

After work snack is usually something savory–I like cheddar with spinach in a wrap. Or an apple & almond butter.

Cool that you’re looking for a house-do you have a certain area you are looking in, or just all over? (just curious!)

Janetha February 10, 2014 at 9:33 pm

We are looking from Farmington to Sugarhouse! So there is a broad range, haha

Jen@PregnantDiabetic February 6, 2014 at 9:39 am

That pizza has my stomach making all sorts of noises right now!!! Looks ammmmazing :)

The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) February 9, 2014 at 9:52 am

hey girl! just wanted to pop in and say i hope you are doing well :) i am catching up on some blogs and didn’t know you guys were in the market for a house again! i feel like you guys just moved bc that kitchen reno was/still is so fabulous and time intensive! good luck to you, i know how much of a challenge it can be. it’s like the stars have to perfectly align for the contract and everyone to go smoothly and agree. sheesh adult life ?! if i could create a chip flavor it would prob be kimchi or tahini flavored

Janetha February 10, 2014 at 9:31 pm

hi! yeah well we hatttte the location we live in (unfortunately) because it is very close to a refinery. we didn’t really think about it when we were spring chickens ready and eager to buy, but now that we are old and wise we know we want to relocate. i will miss the kitchen, though! hope you are well! i kinda quit blog reading.. so i am out of the loop!