odds & ends.

by Janetha on December 9, 2013

in fun with friends,moves

i definitely did not intend to let four days pass by without blogging, but that’s life! it’s meant to be lived, and that’s what i’ve been doing. i thought i would type up a little catch up post of odds & ends that have been happening in my life lately.

first off, the most exciting bit of life as of late was our annual white elephant party! it was saturday night and we had an absolute blast!

NewImage

NewImage

NewImage

there was lots of good food, ridiculous white elephant gifts, awful christmas sweaters, tasty holiday cocktails, awesome friends, and plenty of laughs.  oh, and a mistletoe.

NewImage NewImage

i think we had a little TOO much fun on saturday, because i spent the majority of sunday sleeping. or eating. legit all i did was sleep and eat the whole day. oh, and we bought a hot air popcorn popper. a necessity since we are settling in to watch all of the seasons of breaking bad (finally!) we had watched the first season awhile back, but then got distracted by our other shows (the shield and game of thrones) but all those episodes are over, so breaking bad it is! we are in the middle of season two. so far, so good. don’t tell me what happens.

NewImage

i don’t have a whole lot to tell you in the gym category of life. i actually took 6 days off in the last 8 days. whoops. it happens, i guess. actually what is really happening is the side effects of clomid (fertility drug) really threw me through a loop last week. more so than the first 10 or so days i was on it. there were physical pains that appeared and i was ridiculously exhausted! and grumpy and sad and super emotional. and bloated and hot. oh my hell, it’s like i am pregnant minus the baby! it’s bad!! i haven’t felt up to working out at ALL. but luckily today i woke up feeling a lot more like myself. i even went back to GPP! first time in over 2 months!

NewImage

i missed it so much.  i have taken a couple months off cardio and just lifted 4-5 days a week. then last week i took a break off from even lifting, so today’s workout was brutal to say the least. (even though it’s one of my all time favorite daily workouts!!)

NewImage

my cardio endurance is shot, guys. like.. i was huffing and puffing and gasping for air during the whole workout. i finished a good five minutes slower than i typically finish this one, so i know i have lost a lot of endurance. but that’s ok! i’ll get it back eventually! i think GPP has ruined me. when i was doing the mshell fitness plan, i could NOT make myself do the cardio portion of the plan. the thought of running on a treadmill makes me want to gouge my eyes out. i definitely like getting my cardio in through cross training at GPP. today’s workout definitely hit my lower body, but above that it challenged my endurance!

i came home and marshall fixed pizza for dinner. i am slowly pawning more and more of our "staple" meals off on him, hehe. he is a pro at spaghetti, tacos, and now pizza!

Screen Shot 2013 12 09 at 8 46 39 PM

now i am eating pizza and then will go make a couple loaves of momma b’s banana bread.

just a heads up, i will be blogging about the january 24 day challenge later this week! many of you have asked about it so i wanted to let you know! it will be very similar to the holiday hustle. over $1200 in cash and prizes awarded, a support group, exclusive emails, and LOTS of encouragement and accountability. and, of course, a catchy name ;)

NewImage

if you want to snag your challenge products so you have them ready to go for our january 6th start date, you can order them HERE anytime. or you could put it on your christmas list ;)

finally, i want to share this infographic that compares lifestyles today to those in the 1970s. it’s pretty interesting!

ok! off to bake!

1. what was the last TV show you watched?

2. who usually cooks dinner in your house?

Danielle @ LabelsAreForTinCans December 9, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Crazy how fast endurance can go! I am currently watching Heartland! Haha a family show about a family who lives on a horse farm. Good TV before bed ;)

Erica December 10, 2013 at 12:32 am

Glad you’re feeling better! Your party looks like SO much fun! I love love love your sweater (oh Home Alone!!) and the food!

1. what was the last TV show you watched? Masters of Sex

2. who usually cooks dinner in your house? Me me me

Corrie Anne December 10, 2013 at 2:00 am

yay parties!! we have a lot of them this month. i’m still looking for my ugly sweater! last show we watched was probably jeopardy. i usually cook dinner unless we’re grilling! i typically prepare it during the afternoon since i work weird second shift-ish hours, and we like to go to the gym at 7PM so we want to be able to eat immediately afterwards!!

Julie December 10, 2013 at 2:12 am

I’m trying to get into “American Horror Story”… right before bed. Haha.

I make all my meals usually, but that’s the life of a single girl. :)

Livi December 10, 2013 at 5:45 am

I love Revenge…. so great!! and I make the meals haha– college apartment style!

Colleen December 10, 2013 at 5:59 am

Castle and Chuck are my all-time favorite shows, though Biggest Loser is my guilty pleasure.

I’m the cook, most definitely. Before I had my baby, I tried to show my husband how to make some basic things so he could help out, and he didn’t even know what olive oil looked like!

lindsay December 10, 2013 at 6:13 am

you are scaring me with clomid. ugh, i fear i will have to take that in the future. I might have to hibernate from people or just come live with you

Linz @ Itz Linz December 10, 2013 at 6:41 am

big tips texas… shh don’t tell (and don’t watch it – not worth it at all lol) and yes i do still watch mtv like i’m 15 lol

Jenn - Girl Heroes December 10, 2013 at 6:48 am

My cardiovascular fitness is shot too! In fact, my strength isn’t so good either. Those 2 months of morning sickness threw me for a loop for sure and I’ve had trouble getting a groove back. Trying to walk everyday and strength train 2x a week. But then last week we sold our rv impulsively so doing anything has been hard. :-(

Megan @ MegGoRun December 10, 2013 at 7:10 am

We’re binging on Freaks and Geeks right now!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 10, 2013 at 7:20 am

Currently, the boyfriend and I are watching Dollhouse – it’s an interesting show!
I’ve been doing a lot of circuit style workouts these last few months, so doing regular ole’ treadmill running isn’t appealing to me in the slightest right now!

Catherine December 10, 2013 at 7:43 am

It’s crazy how fast your endurance goes down … I used to go to spin all the time but then we moved into a house with the perfect basement for at-home workouts so I cancelled my membership. Fast forward 6 months and I decided to do a drop-in spin class with my friend and was huffing & puffing to get through the warm-up track! But, the nice thing is that endurance does comes back pretty quickly.

Last show I watched – Chicago Fire
Who cooks in our house? – My husband does the majority of the cooking. He’s a damn good cook and loves doing it so I let him have it it :)

betty December 10, 2013 at 9:19 am

ugh, I hope this clomid stuff works fast so you don’t have to feel lousy all the time! we’re on the last season of breaking bad!! I love being able to binge watch a shower instead of having to wait week to week. haha

LG December 10, 2013 at 10:11 am

Ugggg Clomid. It was the worst for me during the actual 5 or so days per cycle that I took it. The rest of the month I had less side effects. But my experience doesn’t sound nearly as bad as yours!

The last show I watched was some of SNL’s Thanksgiving special. We’ve been PVR-ing SNL for the last month or so and watching it when we have time. So hilarious!!! My husband has barely ever seen it, so to him it’s especially novel. :0)

Debbie (Accidently Delish) December 10, 2013 at 11:12 am

So my birthday (30th!!) is right after Christmas and I am having an ugly Christmas sweater party as the theme and I totally was going to get that sweater you’re wearing, did you cut it yourself or did you find an off the shoulder one? I love it!!

Janetha December 10, 2013 at 2:09 pm

i found it on etsy!

Annette@FitnessPerks December 10, 2013 at 11:55 am

It is so crazy how fast our muscle strength & endurance goes bye bye….after having the baby, and coming back about 2.5 weeks later, holy smokes, I was smoked super fast. It comes back though!

Cool info graphic!

Sara December 10, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Is this your first month on clomid? I noticed the side effects were the worst the first month… I am on my third round (increasing the dosage each time, now at 150mg) and the side effects are not nearly as bad. Happy thoughts to you! I would definitely be interested in more posts about infertility/fertility treatments, if that’s something you feel comfortable sharing.

Janetha December 10, 2013 at 2:08 pm

yep it was my first month. that is encouraging that it gets better! best of luck to you! xoxo

Jen@PregnantDiabetic December 10, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Your sweater is the best thing I’ve seen all day!

sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com December 10, 2013 at 6:21 pm

“merry Christmas you filthy animal” BEST. SHIRT.EVER.
where did you get that?

Janetha December 10, 2013 at 9:23 pm

etsy!

andrea December 10, 2013 at 7:44 pm

you should do a post on good ideas for white elephant gifts.

Im on day 10 of the 24 day challenge and I lost 10 pounds so far and I caved 2 times and had black coffee. it has been really hard but only 14 more days to go. im just worried about life after the challenge…

Janetha December 10, 2013 at 9:23 pm

hang in there! you got this!

MizFit December 11, 2013 at 6:40 am

me and the child always cook for the husband.
to his dismay sometimes I AM CERTAIN :-)

Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds December 11, 2013 at 6:23 pm

oh my god, your sweater!!!!!! You’ve just won best dressed for all of Christmas in my book. Love it! Breaking Bad is the only show that’s never had a lull in their story line. Every season is amazing.

Angela December 11, 2013 at 9:52 pm

um, ya i hear ya on the endurance end. something about the colder weather that has put me in hibernation/sleep in mode – causing me to skip all my morning runs – needless to say – when i do run these days, i’m feeling it!

sorry to hear about the side effects you are having. like i said, being in hibernation mode, i haven’t been working out as much – which also affects my attitude. im sure that once you get back into a routine with workouts, you will have a more uplifted mood – at least that seems to help with me!

haha, kinda want to do the challenge again! how long do we need to wait if we did it in oct?

enjoy the pizza!

Janetha December 11, 2013 at 10:23 pm

You can start again in Jan! I am doing it!

Angela December 11, 2013 at 10:26 pm

awesome! let’s do this and kick clomid’s ass!

Donna Stevens December 16, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Amazing Sweaters! Those pictures are great.

Trisha January 9, 2014 at 10:11 am

I haven’t done much blogging (reading or posting) as of late, so I’m just seeing this now, but super excited to read that you’ve started Breaking Bad. The hubby and I felt like we were the only ones who hadn’t watched the series so we started it up a couple of months ago and just finished. We were both so sad to see it end, we LOVED it! Now I just feel like no other show will compare. :(