hey, sunday.

by Janetha on December 1, 2013

in fun with friends,love life

hey! happy december! today is actually my half birthday. did anyone get me a gift? ;)

i am just kicking back with my feet up while the tiger balm seeps into my sore muscles… marshall just slathered it on my hamstrings while penny and randy laid on my back. they are such goofs.

NewImage

my hamstrings are suuuuper sore from yesterday’s leg day workout from mshell fitness. hurts so good. my hamstrings are my favorite muscle to have DOMS in.. and all those stiff legged deadlifts, leg curls, and lunges did the trick!

today was a pretty great day.. after a VERY unexpectedly busy friday and saturday, i woke up today wondering what happened to my four day weekend! can i have one more day, please? i shouldn’t complain too much, though, i did get to go out last night with some friends! we went to the pub for dinner, drinks, and to watch the jazz game. can’t believe we won! yay, jazz! haha.

this morning marshall and i hit whole foods first thing, even before i had anything to eat (but not before coffee!) we grabbed our groceries for the week and also the necessities for a couple dishes i made for a friends-giving dinner we went to tonight. the dinner menu this week is tacos, biscuits & gravy, soup & sandwiches, chili & cornbread, and probably some thanksgiving leftovers.

after whole foods we went and picked out our christmas tree!

NewImage

i went for the GIANT one…

NewImage

marshall went for the little guy…

NewImage

we settled on a noble fir that was somewhere in the middle of the two :)

NewImage

did you know that you have to have the same artificial christmas tree for 22 YEARS for it to be more eco-friendly than buying a real tree every year? between that fun fact and the amazing aroma that fills your house with a real tree, my mind is made up for the rest of my life.

i managed to set up some christmas decorations and string the lights on the tree…

NewImage
side note: we are getting new family pics this month! yay.. it’s high time, we have a new member of the family….. marshall’s hair.

…but we haven’t hung any ornaments yet! we will get to it… we have a christmas party coming up next weekend so it’ll be done by then, promise.

i headed to the gym around 2 for a biceps/triceps/abs workout (again, from my mshell fitness plan) and it was lovely! the gym on sunday in utah is my favorite. nobody is ever there.

i rushed home and whipped up some sweet potato casserole and a salad (the same ones i made on thursday) and we headed to our friends’ for a get together. leave it to me to only take photos of the babies, animals, and food… i promise there were a lot of friends there, too!

NewImage

dave and brittney had their new little man less than a week ago! teeny tiny.

NewImage

our friends have four hairless cats (sphinx and elf cats–i think that’s the name..) and they are SO rad. they climb all over you and will sit on your shoulder like a parrot!

NewImage

we ate some amazing food and then played cards against humanity.. love that game!

NewImage

we finished the night off with some pie and ice cream. i love apple pie and i have had so much pumpkin pie this week that it was a nice change!

NewImage

i just finished typing up my cyber monday advocare sale. many of you showed interest in one, so i thought i would throw something together last minute!  it starts NOW even though it’s not technically monday yet and it’ll go until tomorrow (monday) at 7 PM. CLICK to shop!

NewImage

okay.. i’m outta here.. gotta soak up the last few moments of the weekend. hope you all had a wonderful one!

1. what’s your favorite kind of pie? or if you hate pie, what do you like instead?

2. do you get a real or artificial christmas tree? or a cactus? or no tree at all?

Momma b December 1, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Your tree is SO cute!! Gosh maybe I should rethink my tree thing again…..22 years

Julie December 2, 2013 at 2:57 am

I love DOMS on my hamstrings too – I know they can handle the work! Hairless cats freak me out, but they’re so cool to look at. And I’ve never played Cards Against Humanity! I’ll have to check that out.

Erica December 2, 2013 at 5:52 am

This comment is going to be all over the map:
Your hair looks fantastic! Hotness!
I’m having some major DOMS in my hamstrings today as well.
Love love love your tree. I always want a tiny one and Josh insists the tree be taller than him

Linz @ Itz Linz December 2, 2013 at 6:06 am

our good family friend made a real chocolate pecan pie and oh my gosh it was SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! and you and marshall are so dang cute!

MizFit December 2, 2013 at 6:29 am

COME OVER!!
we will have you half a cake!!
its how we do.

Megan @ Meg Go Run December 2, 2013 at 6:52 am

Okay, I loooooove cats but those hairless ones are a little weird!

We played Cards Against Humanity this weekend, too. Fun times. :)

I was totally rooting for you to get that huge tree! We get a real tree every year but we can’t get one as big as I would like because our house/ceilings aren’t big enough.

I love pie :) Apple, pumpkin, shoo fly, pecan, and coconut cream are my favorites.

betty (the sweaty betty) December 2, 2013 at 8:08 am

LOVE A REAL TREE. i’m glad you figured out the eco friendly numbers for me so I don’t feel guilty buying a new one each year.

now, if only I could get my basset hound to stop chewing the bottom of my tree…

HAPPY LATE THANKSGIVING! glad you had a wonderful weekend!

Christine December 2, 2013 at 10:47 am

Where did you get your tree? I looked around Bountiful yesterday but didn’t find a good one.

Ananda December 2, 2013 at 10:56 am

That’s too funny… my husband and I were just saying that our wedding photos from just last year seem outdated already because he grew an awesome beard and looks so different!
Like DOMs in my legs and abs… Hate it in my arms!

Yana December 2, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I am all about pie. Choosing my favorite would be harder than choosing my favorite child. Much harder, since I only have one kid.

If I was doing the Christmas thing, I would go with a rental tree. It’s a recent invention, I think. They deliver a live tree in a pot, and then pick it up after the holidays. Perfect.

Ja @Ja on the RUN December 2, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Love your Christmas decor!!! So pretty! :)

Janetha December 2, 2013 at 3:51 pm

thanks!

Livi December 2, 2013 at 9:23 pm

that baby is adorable!! and so so tiny!