friday five by five.

by Janetha on November 8, 2013

in random rambles

five lists of five! because it’s been a long week, lists are fun, and alliteration is my jam.

1. lindsay’s apple cider coffee cake.

2. pumpkin spice rice krispie treats. (thanks for the link, erica!)

2011_10-30-PumpkinTreats-5.jpg

3. gingerbread donut holes.

Gingerbread Donut Holes

4. apple slab pie.

apple slab pie

5. cranberry streusel cheesecake bars from jenn. (who has a baby i am obsessed with.)

Cranberry Streusel Cheesecake Bars

oh.. look.. all my recipes i wanna make are sweet. go figure…

1. it’s beginning to look a lot like christmas! no, but really.. people bitch about winter coming and the onset of the cold.. but I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS! and now that october is behind us, we can welcome the upcoming holiday season with open arms and embrace the crap out of it. yessss.

2. advocare released their exclusive holiday items this week! supplies are limited, so get ‘em while you can. you better believe i will be snagging those tasty (healthy) gingerbread bars!

3. blend retreat planning is officially underway! we are now accepting sponsor applications and we can’t wait to bring the best event ever next year! it will be the third annual retreat! email blendretreat@gmail.com to get involved!

4. full house is coming back!! say, what?? my sister clued me in! what do you guys think of the idea?

full

5. uhhh.. IT’S THE WEEKEND! need i say more?

1. these boots from TOMS.

2. all of these socks i saw for sale at whole foods. it’s not just for groceries, guys!

3. these adorable nikes.. i mean.. will they make me like running on the treadmill this winter? they will, right??

nike trainers

4. ALL THINGS PINK from victoria’s secret. i don’t care if it’s designed for college-aged kids. i love it all.

5. a nordic print scarf.

Nordic Scarf, Sweater Knit Infinity Scarf. $34.00 #Etsy.

1. i made this chicken paprikash and IT IS AMAAAAZING!!!! you gotta try it. serve it over rice!

Chicken Paprikash

2. BEST SNAPCHAT from my week. thanks, susan. I LOVE BUSTER.

3. lash fill! yay. utah locals need to hit up jackee for their lashes.

1457713_10153464078680201_743607780_n

4. THIS DOG. THAT LOOKS LIKE A BEAR. i almost stole him right from that step.

5. lunch with my darker half. we had burritos and cookies and much needed chit chat. hector’s used to be molca salsa and i used to eat a burrito from there every single day. every day. oh, metabolism.. you used to be so rad.

1. haha thanks for sending this, nat.

2. this post about the fifty most 90s things that have ever happened… OMG. so good.

This cat living its goddamn dream:

3. hahahaha.. if you don’t follow @dallassrae on instagram, you should.

4. 26 slogans that make more sense than the real ones. hahaha.

5. okay.. two more. two of many ecards that made me laugh lately.

Ecard

that’s it! five lists of five.

hope you all have a stellar weekend! i have a few fun things planned… some sleeping in, a massage, the U football game, and probably pumpkin froyo while it’s still around!

your turn~

give me any list of five!

Erica November 8, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Thanks for the shout out ;). I have been wanting to try that coffee cake ever since I saw it on instagram. Thank you for the reminder! Your lashes look fantastic. A massage? Enjoy! We don’t have a whole lot planned this weekend. Hung in tonight- I made some dinner and Kaylin sang us a pretty rocking version of twinkle twinkle. Tomorrow I”m teaching at the gym then ?? Sunday- family pictures and football

Katie November 9, 2013 at 5:55 am

1. I’m making Lindsay’s apple cider cake once I restock my almond meal!
2. I’m making your pumpkin enchilada recipe this weekend
3. I want lashes like yours!
4. I have made those pumpkin rice krispies. I had super high hopes for them, however I was a little disappointed!
5. I really really hope I can go to BLEND this year! Can’t wait to hear where it will be taking place…!!

lindsay November 9, 2013 at 6:08 am

woohoo blend! and full house is coming back? really? This i gotta see!

p.s.
I may start stalking susan to give me her number so we can snapchat now

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 9, 2013 at 6:41 am

so FREAKING excited for Blend!! SERIOUSLY tho! :)

And as for Full House, my sites shared that and it’s MUST.SEE.TV for us! Granted I think it’s supposed to be mostly around Stephanie and DJ (and I wonder if we won’t ever see the Olsen twins cuz there was no mention of them in the article my sister sent me) BUT I’m excited. i’m also excited for “Girl Meets World” – just sayin!

Lee November 9, 2013 at 7:18 am

I read that the Full House thing is an old April Fools joke that’s been re-circulating for some reason. :(

The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) November 9, 2013 at 8:34 am

ok those gingerbread donut holes are happening…and i don’t even bake but gingerbread is my absolute favorite thing!!! i thought i lost it forever when i got the ole celiac dx but !!! thank god for alt flours no? i love those trainers and nordic/winter wonderland-y type stuff. i just hate when it snows buckets and i have to be somewhere instead of playing in it :) i’m on the fence about full house…i mean yay? actually, scratch that, gimme saved by the bell! i’m getting my lash fill on tuesday and i cannot wait! it will be 4wks!! i have like half my lashes left, i feel nekkid.

Allison @ Life's a Bowl November 9, 2013 at 8:42 am

Holy crap, Full House is coming back? That’s my favorite show to watch on Sunday morning since nothing else is on… Throwback! I saw your picture on IG of Blend Retreat and I really wanna go, it would be my first blogger weekend getaway!

kristine November 9, 2013 at 9:53 am

i love the toms! too bad they’re sold out of my size. i’ll check nordstrom today just in case ;)
thanks for the news that full house is coming back! although just yesterday the olsen twins said they’re retiring from acting and just going to do fashion (per the huff post).
lastly, i love your lashes!!!! they look sooooo good!
have a great day and weekend!

Megan November 9, 2013 at 11:24 am

Oh my word thank your for the laugh this afternoon!!!

5 Things I need to do today but probably won’t: 1. Mow the lawn 2. Return something at kohl’s 3. Go grocery shopping 4. Study 5. clean out my closet.

Livi November 10, 2013 at 11:06 am

haha I love that last picture! eat eat eat :)

McKenzie November 10, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Loved all the lists!

I saw on Amazon you can get the Full House box set for about $50…and I also saw they are bringing the show back. I must admit, I’m kind of excited.

Suzanne November 10, 2013 at 9:54 pm

The dog is a Great Pyrenees. My family used to raise them. Not in the puppy mill sort of way, just had a male and female as pets and they did what males and females do. Ya know…. Anyway- they are my favorite and super awesome dogs. Our male, Bear, would let the cats sleep on him in the winter so they could be warm (outdoor animals).

LOVE your lashes. I’m thinking I need to do that since I have short lashes.

Jenn P&C November 12, 2013 at 7:49 pm

You’re too cute! Thanks for the link love girly! Gah and omg blend!!!! I long to go one year! I keep missing out!

Trisha November 12, 2013 at 9:41 pm

As it turns out, the five things you need for winter? I also need them, especially that scarf! :)

Heather @ Better With Veggies November 13, 2013 at 1:20 pm

That puppy in your picture is a Great Pyranees boy – we have a girl (Zurie). They are awesome. :)

Ashley@cupcakesncrunches November 13, 2013 at 10:08 pm

I love the holidays – totally with you there! & I love this post – those Rice Krispies look incredible.
&& I can’t wait to hear more about Blend! I had the best time at Blend this year!

openvz vps plans January 10, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Hi, I check youг blog regularly. Your writing ѕtyle is wittу,keep it up!