app happy.

by Janetha on October 21, 2013

in meals,moves,tips

happy monday! hope yours was fantastic.. or as fantastic as mondays can be ;)

mine was productive! as mondays usually are.. i always have four meetings every monday morning so they’re pretty packed. what else was packed was all my meals! so it made eating real simple today. i actually started a new program.. when i won the 24 day challenge i did in september, part of my winnings was one free month of fitness and nutrition training from mshell fitness. i put it off for a week so i could properly celebrate marshall’s 30th.. (hey, there was cake to be eaten and fireball to be drank.. drunk?) but i went in full force with day 1 today! it was actually pretty simple. i did most of my meal prep last night…

i obviously won’t be sharing the meal plan since it’s something you have to buy, but i will say it’s balanced, filling, and delicious! i was eating more often today than i am used to, but the meals are slightly smaller. that will take some time to adjust to, as will the fact that i don’t have set main meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner), but six small meals instead. it may get tricky come dinnertime with marshall, but i am going to give it the 4 weeks and see how i do. tonight i had my meal 5 and he had a quesadilla and soup. i imagine that’s not going to be a nightly thing.. he would hate me.

there are workouts that go along with the plan, so i started that today as well. my first day involved a heavy chest workout and a 35 minute cardio session. i think i am going to enjoy the workout programming! but i will definitely be missing GPP—both the workouts and my friends there. oh well, it’s always good to shake it up, right? but.. i will say this.. i am NOT used to being at the gym for over an hour. i’ve been spoiled with GPP’s 30-minutes-or-less workouts every day.

IMG 5084

so, i have been putting this post on the back burner for awhile! i have always loved sharing iphone apps with you guys and i thought it was time for another installment! in case you missed them, you can check out previous app happy posts HERE and HERE.

today i want to highlight three of the apps i am loving lately.

healthy habit tracker

IMG 5077

my friend deb turned me onto this. i love checking things off, so it is perfect for me! basically, you can set up ANY goal you have.

IMG 5081

IMG 5083

i set three–a gallon of water a day, no BLTs (bites, licks, tastes), and workout 6 days a week (sundays off.)

IMG 5078

when you successfully complete your goal, you can check it off. or, if it is a goal like water and you are consuming a certain amount (128 ounces in a gallon) you can put a number. it turns green once you hit your goal.. and if you don’t, it stays red.

IMG 5079

this was great for me to use during my 24 day challenge! as you can see, i had a few off days.. you can see the whole month and if you fell short on any of your goals, that day is red.

IMG 5080

haha.. i finished my challenge on the 24th and went a little crazy with the BLTs.. hence all the red Xs after the 24th. whoops!

pretty cool though, right?! it’s fun.

rhonna designs

IMG 5068

i love making photos fun.. rhonna designs is definitely one of my FAVORITE photo editing apps.

you upload a photo and crop it to a square.

IMG 5069

then you can then filter it, put words or designs over it, use ready-made quotes, add banners, create your own graphics.. the possibilities are endless!

IMG 5070

IMG 5071

it’s really user-friendly, too.. you can easily change the colors and layout and delete things you decide you don’t want.

IMG 5072

IMG 5074

IMG 5075

there are seriously SO many features in this app.. it would take so long to list them all!

IMG 5076

IMG 5073

anyway, there’s a sampling of the features. you should download it and check it out! you will waste many hours of your day playing with it.

starbucks

IMG 5055

this may seem like a dumb one, but it’s so convenient! i meet mandy for starbucks often, and it’s nice to just pay with my phone.

IMG 5056

it reloads from my debit card automatically, which is both convenient and dangerous.. haha. it also keeps track of your purchases and you get free drinks and food!

IMG 5057

they also send you messages with exclusive coupons, free music downloads, and other deals.

IMG 5058

you can buy gift cards for others right within the app.. which is great for last minute birthday gifts.

IMG 5059

sooo… that’s fun!

those are three of the many apps i am loving. hope you snag them and love them, too!

in other news, i have this bite on my leg with a way weird ring of bruises around it!

NewImage

it’s been there since friday. it hasn’t gotten worse, but it hasn’t gotten better. i thought it was a mosquito bite because it itches so bad.. but of course google led me to believe i have a flesh eating case of staph infection.. i dunno. i hope it’s nothing serious. i am keeping an eye on it an may have to go in to get it checked out. my friend is a nurse and she said it may just be a bug bite that hit a superficial vein which caused the weird bruising. pretty crazy, aye?

i am going to the hospital tomorrow for a test, actually, so i will probably as the doc if they have seen anything like it! the test is unrelated to bug bites and bruises. it’s actually a hysterosalpingogram.. WOW.. long word. it basically checks out some of your lady parts to make sure they are A-OK for making and carrying a baby. i am sure needles will be involved and i hate needles.. so i am definitely not looking forward to the test! but it’s necessary, so i will suck it up :)

hope your tuesday is fab!

1. what are some of your favorite apps?

2. how long, on average, are your workouts?

3. HAVE YOU EVER HAD A BUG BITE WITH A BRUISE RING? geez.. seriously.. what the..

Livi October 21, 2013 at 9:47 pm

last year I had bed bugs- so so gross! and the bites formed these weird rings around them… gross gross gross ugh!
in happier news.. one app I use ALL the time in my Buycott app– allows me to see which products are in line with my values and which aren’t {like testing on animals}

Erica October 22, 2013 at 4:56 am

owwwwwww baby baby! Hope everything goes well :) I’m sure it will. I love the starbucks app! Makes paying for drinks so easy (maybe this is a bad thing … ;)).

lindsay October 22, 2013 at 5:26 am

did you say to carry a baby? Are you trying to catch up with lindsay and Katie now? jk. good luck!

oh and thanks to you and deb i will be downloading habit hacker. I need get the kiwi on it too!

Lindsey M. October 22, 2013 at 5:39 am

I had an HSG a few months ago – it wasn’t too terrible! Just make sure you RELAX! Oh – and after a year of trying…I got pregnant a few weeks after that. !

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 22, 2013 at 6:13 am

Hope your appointment goes well today! I’m going to have to check out that photo editing app – I’ve been keeping my eye out for a good one.

Krystal October 22, 2013 at 8:09 am

Hope you have a good appointment. I had an HSG done and got pregnant the 2nd month after and am currently 18 weeks. Its really not bad and its over before you know it. Maybe took 5 minutes & I was on my way. Wishing you all the best.

Bonnie October 22, 2013 at 8:34 am

Carry a baby…wahoo! ;)

Great apps! I use some and might start using others! Don’t go there enough to use it, but I didn’t know Starbucks had an app, although I’m not surprised. :)

Way to go with the new meal plan! As I wrote this a.m. in the HH FB group, I had my first “off” night last night. Feeling a bit regretful today even though I thought I was okay in my macros and calories…maybe just the kinds of food we eat affect us a certain way and leave us with certain feelings/results in the morning. Ugh. Go hard and enjoy!

I’m curious – will you be continuing to keep up with the plan afterwards? I know these habits of mine will stick for the most part but am uncertain of the next step in some ways…

LG October 22, 2013 at 9:03 am

I tried to have an HSG done but they couldn’t get the catheter in due to my unique (almost mythologically unique) setup. It has been a long road, but one day soon a baby will land on our doorstep! :0)

LG October 22, 2013 at 9:07 am

I tried to have an HSG done but they couldn’t get the catheter in due to my unique (almost mythologically unique)” setup”. It has been a long road, but one day soon a baby will land on our doorstep! :0)

Tamara October 22, 2013 at 9:29 am

I love the Equanimity app for meditating. Might have to check out the Starbucks app, dangerous though it could be. :)

That bite is bizarro! Good luck with the test. xo

betty (the sweaty betty) October 22, 2013 at 10:11 am

I like vsco for their filters, instasize (thanks to you), mfp, timehop (thanks to you) and I recently got OVER for adding text to pictures.. its not super user friendly and my creativity skills are lacking so I need to do some work :) I can never get the starbucks app to retain my info :(

yayyyy for baby!!!

eryka October 22, 2013 at 10:46 am

yay, baby! I hope all goes well.

I’m a fan of the app called Avocado. I use it mainly for lists, but it has a calendar and you can take photos, write on them, and use them as a visual reminder too. But the best part is that the app is used between two partners, like my husband and me. he can see the same lists, add to them if he’d like, and my phone alerts me when he makes changes. You can also use make lists while on your computer and they instantly update on your phone. I do that often while I’m at work–make note of what we need for groceries or what I need to get done on the weekend, and then he can pick up groceries on his way home! Genius. And super user-friendly.

Chatelaine October 22, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Yup on the bruise ring bites……… twice in one year. It was sore, and warm to touch for a few days. It was red in the middle with a bump, then flesh colored with a ring, then it spread out to purple and blue and throbbed. Ugly! But it went away fine…….

Workouts average 45-55 minutes…… I only do those 3 times a week. Cross train with yoga and running which are also about the same length of time.

I LOVE workout plans, if I have to make them my own I procrastinate so bad.

Annette@FitnessPerks October 22, 2013 at 1:35 pm

YAYYYY baby!! Good luck at your appt :) I am def all for babies (as you know)…if mine would cooperate, I’d be even MORE for ’em. hah. I am now 10 days overdue & dyyyyyying of anticipation.

those are some neat apps! I love the healthy habits tracker one!

Corrie Anne October 22, 2013 at 1:43 pm

we love the sbux app yeaaah. why is on kevin’s phone not mine though?? oh well. i also love to mess around with the fooducate app at the grocery store. good luck to you at the doctor. i hate that stuff so much too!! thinking of you.

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl October 22, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Thanks for the helpful post! I’m downloading the Starbucks and the photo app now!

jen October 23, 2013 at 5:05 am

I found out I have two uteruses (uterii?) accidentally. tampons never worked for me but it took till I was almost 30 to find a dr who believed and knew something was amiss! hope your news is good!

Joy October 23, 2013 at 5:40 am

My favorite apps are gympact and run keeper (which I use for running) and map my fitness (which I use for walking the poodle to make sure he’s getting long enough walks)

Rachael Ann October 23, 2013 at 6:37 pm

That “bug bite” looks like a bullseye rash to me. You should consider getting checked for Lyme disease asap.

Janetha October 24, 2013 at 9:24 am

Thanks! It’s actually almost gone now, luckily! I did have it looked at.. just a bug bite that struck a superficial blood vessel.

Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition October 24, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Totally addicted to iphone apps– thank you!

مقاطع مضحكة 2014 January 12, 2014 at 6:31 pm

مقاطع مضحكة و طريفة,مواقف مضحكة 2014,مقاطع مضحكة
2014,فيديو مضحك 2014

http://www.herbzone.pl May 31, 2014 at 11:24 pm

It is really a social construction we could try
and reconstruct. Peganum harmala is a such herb which can be
used for the treatment of irregular fevers.
There are two categories of vitamins: fat soluble (vitamins A, D and E), that happen to
be found inside the fat element of food and water-soluble vitamins (vitamin C,
B vitamins).

استضافة مواقعنفس كلمات االم June 1, 2014 at 6:52 am

تصميم مواقع,برمجة مواقع,استضافة
مواقعنفس كلمات االم,

samurai siege cheats blogspot October 2, 2014 at 8:49 pm

In addition to being a part of the samurai siege hack gaming industry.
One researcher stated that People will pay online is not at big box department store.
But at the heart of the samurai siege hack old fashioned way so as to what is
offered under.

barbers in san diego October 3, 2014 at 4:52 am

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well
written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more
of your useful information. Thanks for the post.
I’ll certainly return.

stroller review in 2015 January 11, 2015 at 5:25 am

Tremendous things here. I’m very happy to see your article.
Thank you so much and I’m taking a look forward
to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

VW camper sale February 2, 2017 at 5:36 am

Wow, that’s what I was searching for, what a material!
present here at this weblog, thanks admin of this web site.