current bath & beauty faves.

by Janetha on October 9, 2013

in tips

hola! just got done eating taco salads made by marshall. dinner made by my husband tastes 1038422x better than dinners made by myself. fact.

NewImage

quite some time ago, i did a post about things i use and love as far as bath & beauty products go. some things have changed and after this post i got a request to do a current post of what i’m loving and using. so here ya go!

i am currently LOVING this BB cream!! it takes the place of moisturizer and foundation and concealer and all that. just one and done. an it’s cheap.. from target.

NewImage

i am slightly obsessed with the naked palettes. i have the basics

NewImageNewImage

and the 2…

NewImageNewImage

i want the 1, but i just can’t justify it. oh, and i stopped using eyeliner pencils and apply eyeliner with a brush and the black shadow in the palettes above.

speaking of brushes.. i got the cheap sephora brand brush set and love it. it’s got everything you need.

NewImage

well, except an eyelash brush.. which i picked up from the girl who does my lashes. it was free, but i use it more than any other makeup item, probably! i brush out my lash extensions a few times a day.

NewImage

i don’t wear mascara on top because of my extensions, but i do wear it on the bottom. when i’m due for an eyelash fill, i will wear mascara  up top as well. i bought this more expensive stuff called “they’re real” because i read some blog post and was fully convinced…

NewImage

..well.. i don’t love it. actually i am totally unimpressed with this mascara. instead i reverted back to my trusty sephora brand mascara. love it! the words have worn off.. but i think it’s called “full action extreme effect mascara”.

NewImage

i love sephora brand stuff. i also use this bronzer.

NewImageNewImage

i have been really into painting my own nails lately. i do it every few days while marshall and i are watching the shield. i quit going to the salon for shellac or gel manicures. my nails have never been healthier! they are so much stronger and longer now that i don’t put shellac/gel on them.

i have been using essie millionails and grow faster as two base coats before painting them.

NewImage

i have gathered a nice (little) collection of nail polish. well, a nice collection, for me, at least. maybe not for you avid nail painters out there, haha.

NewImage

i have been looking for fun fall colors and recently picked this one up. it’s actually quite a bit darker than it appears in the photo. more fall-y.

NewImage

i am excited to use it, but marshall said it’s ravens colors and the packers play the ravens this weekend so i am waiting to use it. haha.

i love coconut anything and found this shampoo and conditioner at target. it smells sooo good and leaves my hair silky smooth.

NewImage

speaking of coconut.. i forever and always will use this $5 tub of body butter from trader joe’s. they better NEVER discontinue it.

NewImage

i also picked up the pumpkin version, which i love! but i have a tub of coconut body butter in my kitchen, my bathroom, my car, i took one to the gym, one in my personal office, and another in the main office at my work. yeahhh.. obsessed!

my final item that is my best kept secret.. the two things i need for a big, bright smile.

NewImage

promise, if you get yourself a dog, your smile is sure to show up more often than not!

hope you guys have a great night and wonderful thursday tomorrow! off to watch the shield and paint my nails!

1. what are some of your favorite beauty/bath products at the moment?

2. what makes you smile?

Leah October 9, 2013 at 9:07 pm

That’s a great little NP stash! Some awesome colors in there! Essie and OPI are great!

April October 9, 2013 at 9:29 pm

I just bought that BB cream and really love it! I wasn’t sure what to think right out of the bottle, but my skin is so much smoother now. Do you use any powder on top of it?

I think you might love this nail polish if you like the glitter stuff: http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Nail-Polish/Nail-Color/Color-Show-Nail-Lacquer-PolkaDots-Collection.aspx. I have the Clearly Spotted and absolutely love it.

Corrie Anne October 9, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Those look awesome!!!!!

Momma b October 9, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I got gigalash by Mac and love it…except it isn’t waterproof so I put a little waterproof on top. I love the way it makes my lashes look!

Those pups and you make me smile every single day!!

Love you so much!!

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine October 9, 2013 at 10:44 pm

I use the same conditioner in my hair! I love the smell and switched to the brand because they don’t test on animals. But my one big complaint is that it is way to hard to get the conditioner out of the bottle once you have used it a few times! I have to take the cap off and smash it upside down on my palm until it comes out! It is such a pain!

Carbzilla October 9, 2013 at 10:53 pm

I love my BB cream. It’s the Garnier, but maybe I’ll switch bc I still break out (but only if I eat cheap chocolate at work).

We’re picky up our doggy on Saturday! I’ll post pix of Maxwell Murphy soon!

maria October 9, 2013 at 11:15 pm

How do you not love they’re real?!?!?!?! Best mascara ever. Currently trying to justify buying it again ($23 for mascara feels like a bit much.)

Love my Naked 1 palette. Just do it! ;-)

Corrie Anne October 9, 2013 at 11:39 pm

I’m not good with makeup – I wish I was. I feel like I would probably like it if I ever got into it. I just never have.Haha. I keep thinking I should try the extensions sometime. The coconut milk shampoo & conditioner looks awesome. I’m a little obsessed with coconut stuff too. And you’re not kidding — our dogs make us smile so much. Except Boyd has a new habit of hiding under the bed when we’re trying to lock the dogs up before we go to the gym. Unfortunately, they’re not well-behaved enough to have the run of the house!! Haha. But their cuteness makes up for it.

RainStorm October 10, 2013 at 12:06 am

Oooo I still haven’t experimented with BB cream. To be honest, I don’t wear any make up on weekdays. Have been painting my nails on a weekly basis though – definitely makes my nails stronger and helps them grow nice and long :)

Teri {a foodie stays fit} October 10, 2013 at 4:14 am

YOU make me smile! :)

Currently I’m obsessed with Image Age Renewal retinol. I’m getting fine lines around my eyes – ugh seriously – and it’s helped. I also love my loreal face primer. Helps my foundation last so much longer! But I’m hoping my skin will improve enough that I can just use bb or cc cream! :)

Linz @ Itz Linz October 10, 2013 at 5:17 am

my favorite mascara is maybelline falsies!!! i need a new concealer / foundation / powder though argh!

Vanessa v October 10, 2013 at 5:23 am

I totally agree that dogs are the best beauty products! They relieve stress (stress = fine lines and breakouts), force me to go outside in any weather (providing a tan in the summer and an off the slopes glow in the winter) and force me to be active. Even on a “rest day” I end up walking a few miles with my pup. And, of course, the smile she brings to my face.

MizFit October 10, 2013 at 5:33 am

may I send you my child for a bit?
SHE LOVES THE MAKE UP.
I
be
a
makeupmoron.

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List October 10, 2013 at 5:36 am

BEST SHAMPOO for sure!

Lee October 10, 2013 at 6:22 am

I bought that Naked Basics palette like a month or two ago and really like it. That’s also my new obsession.

betty (the sweaty betty) October 10, 2013 at 6:41 am

did you read Jessica’s post on using ‘they’re real’? (she hated it at first and used it a few months later, after it had ‘dried up’ a little and then loved it. so maybe if you try it in a few months you’ll love it!)

I LOVEEEEEEEE my eyelash extensions. best investment ever. except sometimes I just wanna rub my eyes really good, and obvi I cant do that. I also just got the naked 2 palette from my sister as an early birthday present, but haven’t gotten around to play with it yet!

and dogs seriously can always make me smile. its been a rough couple weeks at work and when I come home to scout stuck on the stairs, I cant do anything but laugh.

Tamara October 10, 2013 at 7:51 am

Ooh, taco salad!! Thanks to you and Marshall for inspiring me. I haven’t cooked to speak of since before my surgery (and today I’m five weeks post-op… yowza). But I stopped at the grocery store this morning before work to pick up what I need to make taco salad (tacos for my husband) for dinner tonight!! YUM. So easy and delicious.

I really want to get eyelash extensions… yours are so gorgeous. I don’t know where they do that kind around here!

Going to try the BB cream, thanks!

Bonnie October 10, 2013 at 8:30 am

Thank you so much for indulging my love of makeup by writing this post! I’m the one who requested it :)

Ok, current faves: Maybelline Rocket mascara, L’oreal Magi Liquid Powder foundation, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze with Mac’s Satin taupe or Wet n Wild Nutty eyeshadow over it, and NYX butter glosses.

LG October 10, 2013 at 8:49 am

Janetha. You would love the podcast The Because Show.

My favorite nailpolish colors lately are Essie’s Wicked and OPI’s You Don’t Know Jacques. I also LOVE Revlon’s color Elegant! I always seem to get compliments when I do nude nails.

MAC’s SPF 35 Studio Finish Concealer is my holy grail product for under eyes; has been for years!

I think I’m going to try that BB Cream!

Stephanie @ My Freckled Life October 10, 2013 at 9:20 am

I love that shampoo and conditioner. I actually found the GIANT size at my local BJs for like $9.99 a piece. You cant really beat that considering that the small containers are usually $5.99. Sadly my beloved Costco doesnt sell this brand. :(

Annette@FitnessPerks October 10, 2013 at 9:31 am

Maybe I am totally missing something-but where are the naked palettes from?

I love that nailpolish–can’t wait to see it on your hands! Right now I am rocking purple & I kinda love it!

Janetha October 10, 2013 at 9:59 am

i got one at ulta up at station park and the other one.. umm.. i think sephora!

Annette@FitnessPerks October 11, 2013 at 9:55 am

sweet thanks!! :)

Tamara October 10, 2013 at 10:07 am

You can also get them on the Urban Decay website… they’re having a 20% off sale right now (code FFHOLIDAY13), including on the Naked line!

kendrra thoms October 10, 2013 at 10:34 am

I just got the Naked 2 palette as a birthday gift and I love it! Only downside- I spend way too much time doing my makeup in the morning cuz I’m having so much fun! Also, I’ve been kind of reluctant to go back to body butter since the last one I had just sat on the surface of my skin and felt too think and kinda oily… But maybe I’ll have to give the TJs one a shot… Love this post! so fun
kendrrat
http:heyyber.blogspot.com

Cassie @RedLetterDaye October 10, 2013 at 10:59 am

lately I’ve been loving the Suave Keratin line. The Shampoo and Conditioner make my hair so soft and manageable, and the hair oil smooths any issues while styling. Surprising for such a cheap line.

I also have been going to the Benefit Brow bar in my local Macy’s to get my brows waxed. LOVE. I bought the Brow Zings and hard angle defining brush for a fuller look while I grow out my overplucked eyebrows from years of tweezing myself. Live and learn.

Kelly @ Leafy Not Beefy October 10, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Nice! Always like seeing what other people enjoy beauty wise! I’ve been loving a lip color from Silk Naturals called The Village – the perfect sheer purple to tone down red lips.

The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) October 10, 2013 at 1:00 pm

that’s more nail varnish than i’ve got! i have 5 tubes lol. i don’t paint my fingers very often bc with my hands in gloves all day/err day it chips off too easily. my current faves are 1. josie maran argan oil light, i have been putting a couple drops in my moisturizer at night and it has totally re-balanced my skin. 2. acure organics face wash. so gentle and lovely! you can buy online from their site, iherb or at whole foods.

Nicole C October 10, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I’ve been a huge fan of Essie for a while and I get their mini 4 packs of seasonal colors. Super helpful because I rarely use a full bottle. Plus, if you have a friend who has a cosmetology license, those bottle actually cost $4 at the not open to the public stores. So I just go with her and load up.

Currently happiness, I booked a trip to Seattle for my birthday!

julie October 10, 2013 at 1:49 pm

i can’t believe you don’t like they’re real!!!! it’s the best mascara in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janetha October 10, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I dunno why! It’s just not doing it for me…

Purelytwins October 10, 2013 at 2:48 pm

we have the same Naked eyeshadows, love them!!
and yes having Jax in my bathroom always makes me smile, he is always doing something that makes me laugh ;) great way to start the day!

Ashley October 10, 2013 at 4:00 pm

I’m still so jealous of your falsies – love them. Also, am I missing something?! I don’t see The Shield on Netlflix!!

Bears Still Suck October 10, 2013 at 4:43 pm

That Marshall is so smart! Remember, you can’t wear it when they play the Vikings either!

allison miller October 10, 2013 at 6:03 pm

I bought Naked 1 and didn’t really love it so I bought the lorac pro palette instead and I lOVE It!! The best colors and about half matte, half shimmer! I wish I had bought it sooner!

Livi October 11, 2013 at 3:03 am

vacation tomorrow woo! Off to florida :)! that makes me smile!

Haley October 11, 2013 at 6:00 am

This is my go to color for fall, http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rtU89fWYjTw/T9YdGpTsT4I/AAAAAAAAICk/c6ZwvEACrQc/s1600/China+Glaze+Prey+Tell+1.JPG it’s china glaze, Prey Tell – I just purchased it off amazon, I think it was about 5 bucks… I like dark burgundy / maroon for fall and this fit the bill. lol, it’s great and last awhile – check it out if you can.

steph October 11, 2013 at 9:15 am
sarah @ sarah learns October 11, 2013 at 7:49 pm

i can’t believe you don’t like they’re real! i went to sephora two weeks ago to get new foundation (bare minerals – i love it!), and i picked up they’re real after seeing someone loving on it on instagram or twitter or somewhere. i love it!

i’ve never tried a bb cream before. maybe i should get on that?

ML Bishop October 14, 2013 at 1:51 am

I use that SAME bb cream!! It’s just super. And I’ve totally whored around with like 23 million bb creams to find what works best with my super fair skin.

sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com October 16, 2013 at 7:39 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the naked palettes.

Trisha November 1, 2013 at 11:25 am

That very BB cream was the first I ever tried. I’ve since purchased 3 or 4 different (more expensive) ones and that one is still my fave. It’s the BBomb. ;)