fun fall finds.

by Janetha on October 6, 2013

in groceries,meals

hi! long time no blog.. again.. i know. i miss you guys and miss posting regularly! i think i will be back on the blogging wagon this week, though, as i have gotten all my ducks in a row around here and should have a little more free time to catch up and share my meals, moves, and everything in between.

well, i hope your october has hopped off to a lovely start. i am in full fall swing and, apparently, so is trader joe’s! i found a bunch of fun fall stuff. i resisted about 92% of it.. but the other 8% made it home with me. not exaggerating! seriously, there was SO MUCH PUMPKIN at trader joe’s today!

anyway, here are the fun things i found…

NewImage

marshall usually eats the pomegranate cherry trader joe’s pop tarts.. but these totally caught my eye and i snagged them! you better believe i will be sampling one for myself…

NewImage

it’s back! trader joe’s pumpkin butter. i KNOW.. it’s not healthy.. but it’s so dang good. i love using this in oatmeal, on toast, or to make cookies. it’s also really great to mix into whipped cream cheese and served with graham crackers for a quick and easy fall dessert.

NewImage

i bought it because of the cute fox. i will let you know how it is!

NewImage

upon bringing this home, marshall opened it immediately and slathered it on his hands. he then announced that he wanted to eat his hands because they smelled so good. this stuff is the bomb. do people still say “the bomb”?

NewImage

i love rooibos tea! i love pumpkin! i know i am gonna love this. PLUS.. can you not get over how cute the pumpkin tea pot is?!?!

NewImage

i actually found this item at whole foods. i thought it would be a great addition to oatmeal! the ingredient list made me smile…

NewImage

haha.. cute, right?

i picked up some more pumpkin pie spice because i was out. i love using it to make my pumpkin protein shake! such a healthy treat!

NewImage

i also picked up a lot of other groceries! i was grocery shopping for three hours today. haha.. whoops! i love it, so i tend to get distracted and carried away. i went to target, costco, whole foods, and trader joe’s. lots of fun grocery shopping :) here is my meal plan for the week!

breakfasts:

lunches:

• leftover turkey chili + clean cornbread (would you guys like the recipe?)
  • broiled tilapia + steamed asparagus + brown rice
  • turkey avocado sandwich on sprouted wheat bread + sprouts + tomatoes + this new yummy balsamic mustard from the farmer’s market
  • kale + arugula salad with chicken and sunflower seeds (with balsamic dressing)
  • roasted turkey + whole grain pilaf served over butter lettuce + arugula

dinners:

• sweet potato shepherd’s pie
  • pork chops with cranberry apple chutney + steamed veggies + mashed potatoes
  • ground beef tacos for him/taco salad with black beans and rice for me
  • goat cheese stuffed chicken + mediterranean quinoa pilaf + asparagus
  • green chicken enchiladas

snacks:

• honeycrisp apples (SO GOOD RIGHT NOW!)
  • trader joe’s egg white salad
  • rice cakes + sunflower seed butter
  • turkey jerky
  • cauliflower + hummus
  • celery + peanut butter
  • hard boiled eggs
  • baby bell peppers

healthy treats:

although my 24 day challenge is over, i am still making an effort to eat clean most of the time. i don’t want to undo all that hard work!  i know i haven’t been posting my eats much lately, but if you would like to see any recipes to the menu items above, i am happy to document them and share! some of the items on the list are pre-made things that i purchased from the store, but the majority of them i will be making!

ohhhkay.. i am outta here. got laundry to fold. insert eye roll here…

have a great monday! good luck to those starting the holiday hustle!!

1. do you like pumpkin/pumpkin spiced stuff?

2. what’s on your menu this week?

Juliette October 6, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Yes to the clean cornbread recipe! I made chicken pumpkin chili this weekend and realized it was seriously lacking in some cornbread dippage. A clean recipe would be even better!

emily October 6, 2013 at 8:31 pm

1. Yes! I’m a sucker for anything that fits a theme.
2. See #1. :)

Sidney October 6, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Yes!! I literally want all the recipes!!! Please share!

Julie October 6, 2013 at 10:19 pm

I bought the pumpkin toaster pastries for my class to try. I had a bite and enjoyed it too. I just bought the pumpkin body butter today and am about to lather some on. I also am currently drinking that tea!

Joy October 6, 2013 at 10:20 pm

I’d love the corn bread pumpkin hot cocoa and carrot cake recipes :-)
Thanks janeetha

Joy October 6, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Sorry auto correct! Janetha

Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds October 6, 2013 at 10:32 pm

I passed on the body butter today, but if you say it’s the bomb (yes, that’s still legit), then I’ll give it a shot.
That tea is off the hook. It’s a hot steamy cup of autumn in a mug. Hope you like it!

kendrra thoms October 7, 2013 at 1:45 am

I was just at Trader Joes the other day and I wanted to buy all that stuff! I ended up going home with the pumpkin spice though, and I’ve been putting it in smoothies. But I really want to know how that harvest blend tea is. Actually, I just posted some pumpkin recipes I’m trying this fall, you can see em here:
kendrrat

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine October 7, 2013 at 2:15 am

Omg I wish I had a Trader Joes by me! Pumpkin Roobios! I would die.

Linz @ Itz Linz October 7, 2013 at 4:48 am

i love tj’s pumpkin butter! i’ll need to pick up a fresh jar this season!

Erica October 7, 2013 at 5:01 am

I heard that body lotion is AWESOME. I neeeeed it. Great finds. I’m all pumpkin and apple right now. So yum. I made a big pot of shredded beef last night that will be used for tacos tonight and probably some kind of “bowl” tomorrow. We also have turkey stir fry and chili on the menu.

Tracey October 7, 2013 at 5:44 am

Yes, please share! Love have the recipe for pumpkin spiced protein hot chocolate:)

SweatyGirl October 7, 2013 at 6:37 am

Wait until you open up that fox tea… there’s an OWL on the inside!! :-)

Oh, and it’s delicious too!

sara @ fitcupcaker October 7, 2013 at 6:56 am

I love TJ’s pumpkin bliss! I got the pumpkin spice chai latte, and I cant wait to try it! I love your meal plans too, thanks for the ideas :)

Emily R October 7, 2013 at 7:10 am

1. YES! I’m such a sucker for pumpkin/fall flavors.
2. Pork roast with cranberry/apple chutney (would love to see the recipe you use for that), chicken & dumpling soup, and leftover brats!

Please share the cornbread recipe too, if you can! :-)

Janetha October 7, 2013 at 8:33 am

I am a cheater.. I buy TraderJoe’s chutney. It’s sooo good! Will share the cornbread this week, though!

Emily R October 7, 2013 at 8:52 am

WHAT! I didn’t know TJ’s had pre-made chutney… I might just have to stop by there today. :)

Janetha October 7, 2013 at 8:57 am

ya they have apple cranberry and a mango one. yummmmm.

betty (the sweaty betty) October 7, 2013 at 7:17 am

THREE HOURS in the grocery store!??! yuck! hahah come grocery shop for MEE! mmm, I need to make your sweet potato shepherds pie. its seriously the best. the menu this week is to clean out the fridge/freezer/pantry.. i’m forever buying stuff then not using it, so i’m not going grocery shopping at all this week and getting creative with our meals!

Katie October 7, 2013 at 7:27 am

I would love to hear how you felt about the pumpkin tea…I debated on Saturday when I was at TJ’s! I would love the recipes for the Cornbread, Carrot cake muffins and the pumpkin protein hot chocolate!! :) Have a good Monday!

Nicole @ Curly Mommy October 7, 2013 at 8:00 am

For the love of god, YES to clean cornbread!! I can put down a whole box of Jiffy like it ain’t no thang. While delicious, my pants do not appreciate it.

purelytwins October 7, 2013 at 10:44 am

oh yes we love everything pumpkin!! we have the holiday baking bug already

Annette@FitnessPerks October 7, 2013 at 12:00 pm

What’s your fave protein mug cake recipe? i’d LOVE that!

And I want that body butter….STAT!

Janetha October 7, 2013 at 2:42 pm

1/2 scoop plant fusion vanilla protein, 1 scoop chocolate hemp force protein, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 TB applesauce, 2 TB egg whites, 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste :) 90 seconds

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie October 7, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I love trader joes! I am heading there this week,so I will definitely check for some of these! I really really want to get the pumpkin butter, but sugar is just not agreeing with my tummy lately

Nicole @ FruitnFitness October 7, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Of course we would like the recipe for clean cornbread! I love your sweet potato shepherds pie, I hadn’t thought about making real meals through the challenge but I think that would be a healthy lunch option (small portion with a salad) maybe?

Casey October 7, 2013 at 8:02 pm

I have never seen pumpkin tea before. Is it good?

ML Bishop October 8, 2013 at 5:01 am

I bought that tea for the fox too! It’s super yummy.

Stephanie @ My Freckled Life October 8, 2013 at 9:34 am

Ahh, I’m so jealous of your Trader Joe’s! I moved last November, and I’m now an HOUR away from the closest one! SO FAR!! I probably only make it up there once every few months, so you’d better believe I stock up like crazy! I clearly need to go soon with all of this pumpkin stuff though!

Jessica October 8, 2013 at 9:36 am

I LOVE pumpkin stuff! How’s the pumpkin rooibos? I was eyeing it up at TJ on Sunday. Have you tried making your own pumpkin butter? It’s super easy – all microwave! Recipe –> http://www.blissnbalance.com/2011/09/10/salutation-nation-and-pumpkin-butter/

Deanna October 9, 2013 at 2:05 am

As a graphic designer I appreciate those cute graphics on the TJ’s stuff too :)

Laura October 10, 2013 at 7:38 pm

So this post made me rush out to Trader Joe’s today and get the body butter and teas you mentioned. In addition to those, I got the chai. My boyfriend said the body butter smelled much better than “any of that other pumpkin crap you find somewhere else.”