life, lately.

by Janetha on September 20, 2013

in Uncategorized

hi! i went MIA on ya, didn’t i? it’s been a ridiculously busy week. work is waaaaay stressful at the moment (boo) and, since my husband and i work for the same company, that leads to doubled up stress (double boo.) this week hasn’t been all bad, though! i have been working on the meals and recipes and tips and workouts for the holiday hustle (yay!) and i have faithfully been powering through my own 24 day challenge with no slip ups (double yay!!)

now i am eating pancakes, marshall has some friends over, and i thought i would have a little coffee talk here on the blog.. minus the coffee. i have nothing in particular to talk about, but sometimes that’s the best time to post. i’m into rambling, as you know.

so! coffee talk minus the coffee. it’s been 20 days since i had coffee, actually. shocking, i know. coffee isn’t part of the challenge i am doing, but i have replaced it with a drink called spark.

NewImage

it provides the same energy coffee provided me with, but it also has added vitamins and aminos and all that jazz. you guys know i used to love drinking fitmixer aminos before they were discontinued, and this spark is actually better (in my opinion!) it comes in more flavors and isn’t as overly sweet. i like it a lot. and i am super pumped because i just ordered a coffee flavored version of it.. it should be here next week. yay! i love coffee flavored anything (especially coffee ice cream…) and you can mix it with hot or cold water or even blend it with ice for a frappucino type thingamajig. i’m jazzed.

oh! football season is here. haven’t you heard? i sure have. marshall is on three fantasy football teams, so in addition to rooting for the packers, we are rooting for his pretend teams, too! penny and randy have joined in on the fun. there is a NFL football pool at their daycare. we make picks every week on who we think will win, and we actually got the most picks right last week! yay!

NewImage

they won a day of daycare and bragging rights with their photos on display. pretty snazzy, no?

it’s been awhile since i have posted random photos off my phone, and i just noticed i never blogged about momma b’s birthday celebration last sunday! we ate a delicious meal of three kinds of fish, roasted potatoes, corn, an amazing green salad with lots of stuff in it, and a big ol’ fruit bowl. for dessert, my mom made her famous peach cobbler and we stuck candles in it and sang. can’t believe she is 61. more like 16.. right?!

NewImageNewImageNewImage

side note: don’t put candles into warm peach cobbler. they WILL melt. warned ya.

we also got to have some fun face time with my baby niece, nora! she is too, too cute. i love her to bits.

NewImage

so does uncle marshall. swoon.

NewImage

i found a new flavor of jam that i am loving! actually nature’s hollow is a utah company that i reviewed a few years ago! i forgot about them, then i saw their products in harmon’s and picked up this jam.

NewImage

i am loving it paired with sunflower seed butter on top of a piece of sprouted wheat toast or a rice cake. yum.

i went to lunch with natalie earlier this week! I LOVE HER. she lives in texas but has a BFF (kelsey) here in utah so they joined me for lunch.

NewImage

i was wearing wedges in the photo.. so i was taller.. and i think i might even be 2″ taller than nat as it is. can i just say it was REALLY WEIRD to be taller than someone that was older than eight years old? i didn’t know what to do with myself. i now understand why my tall friends always try to crouch in pics.

i’ve been really consistent with my workouts this week! i had been a little bit of a slacker lately, but made it to GPP all five days this week. i also did a treadmill sprint routine on monday. i had been laying off legs a bit, especially weighted leg movements, but there was a lot of bodyweight legs in the GPP programming this week. between box switches, air squats, and alternating lunges.. i simply cannot walk. CAN. NOT. WALK. legit i am hobbling around, it’s pathetic!

in other news, i am really happy with my progress lately. hey, it’s OK to be proud!

NewImage

i’ve been working my ass off to eat right, exercise regularly, and take all my 24 day challenge supplements on time. i would say the hard work is paying off and i am happy with the results so far. i am also WAY WAY WAY HAPPY with the fact that my digestive issues are GONE. i haven’t been in pain once since starting the challenge and i’ve been.. regular.. every day. that alone is reason to celebrate. sad but true, haha.

hmmm.. what else??

oh! i did the iPhone ios7 update. anyone else? i actually really love it! it took a few to get used to the new features and functions, but i am a big fan!

NewImage

i am so happy it’s finally the weekend. i don’t have a ton planned, but we are up to a few fun things! we are hitting up the farmers market in the morning and then tomorrow night it’s kerryne’s BIG SHOW! she’s competing in another bikini comp.. this time for her pro card! i wish her the best of luck. she has been working SO hard and deserves to win! i can’t wait to go cheer her on.

sunday night is minus the bear! yay, favorite band. i love seeing them live! they seem to come to SLC quite often.. lucky for me!

whelp.. i don’t really know what else to say! this actually turned out pretty long, though, so i suppose i can wrap it up! i hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

1. what is one highlight from your life as of late?

2. do you watch football? college or NFL? or nada?

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats September 20, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Even though he is Australian my boyfriend loves watching NFL so by default I watch some too :)

Well done on your results and progress, you are doing great with that challenge!

I had no idea ios7 was such a change, I’m yet to update as I’d heard some ppl had issues with it.

Megan (The Lyons' Share) September 21, 2013 at 4:37 am

A few random comments for your random post! You look great – you SHOULD be proud of your progress! My husband and I also work for the same company, although we’re always on different teams, so I feel your pain! I love NFL as well, and (try to) keep up with my husband’s multiple fantasy teams. We are Bucs fans, though – not such a good thing these past few years! And last – I’m scared to upgrade to ios7! I don’t like change :).

Janetha September 23, 2013 at 10:16 am

love this comment. all of it.

Nikki @ grabyourkicks September 21, 2013 at 5:58 am

I agree with Megan, no shame in being proud of hard work! You look great. I love your leggings!!! So cute for fall.

Caroline September 21, 2013 at 6:00 am

Congrats on being “regular” every day- it’s really the little things in life that make life enjoyable, isn’t it? :)

Brandi September 21, 2013 at 6:49 am

You look amazing! And yes it’s way ok to be proud! :) I don’t watch football much, but my guy does. Arkansas is doing very well this year with their new coach…:)
Have a great weekend!!
P.S. Tell your mom happy belated birthday!

sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com September 21, 2013 at 7:31 am

apple-picking!

The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) September 21, 2013 at 7:33 am

first of all i LOVE your sweater leggings! i love iOS 7 sooooo much! i have to set timers in lab all the time so the fact that it displays on the lock screen was a huge bonus to me #science<3

i honestly can't stand football lol..those guys have such egos and i just cannot. i love me some ice hockey though!

your stomach looks amazing!! hard work is definitely paying off!!

Marisa September 21, 2013 at 8:24 am

I love those leggings! Where did you get those?

Highlight of my day is participating in a yoga flash mob! Ha-should be interesting.

Janetha September 23, 2013 at 10:16 am

thanks! i got them at the state fair

Carbzilla September 21, 2013 at 8:26 am

Hi Sweets! Did you see the Tegan and Sara photo I posted on FB for ya? We thought they were ok, great energy though. FUN was amazing! I’m so glad your tummys feeling better. That’s huge! You look phenomenal, and so does Momma B. lots of hugs from here!

Janetha September 23, 2013 at 10:16 am

yes! we actually left before fun played. glad you had fun at fun ahha

Erica September 21, 2013 at 8:32 am

hahahhaha- I love that you call them his pretend teams. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (again) MAMA! She is just adorable. Love your relationship with your Mom. Your abs? OMG. And I’m with you on coffee flavored everything

1. what is one highlight from your life as of late? Kaylin :) And running- I’m working towards another potential half

2. do you watch football? college or NFL? or nada? Yes yes yes- Penn State, University of South Carolina, Eagles and patriots

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables September 21, 2013 at 8:44 am

There is no way Momma B is 61!! Gorgeous. Give her a hug for me please??
I love football- best part about fall. Tennessee Vols and Denver Broncos here! Well… actually the 2nd one is only a 1/2 truth. I cheer for Peyton Manning. :)

PS..I want your leggings!! Where did you find those??

Janetha September 23, 2013 at 10:15 am

at the state fair of all places!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 21, 2013 at 8:48 am

You’ve clearly been working hard – you should be proud! My parents are big NFL people, so by default I watch it sometimes when I’m over at their place…and the Superbowl, of course!

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 21, 2013 at 8:53 am

You are amazing! Strong work on your progress! Where did you get your adorable leggings/pants that you’re wearing in the photo with Natalie?

Janetha September 23, 2013 at 10:15 am

at the state fair lol.. SO many people have asked and i have had to let them down!

Lauren M. September 21, 2013 at 9:10 am

Wow! You look great! Totally convinced to try the challenge. What kind of things do you eat on a day to day basis and/or do they give you a meal plan to follow? Also, do you follow an exercise regimen or just what you were previously doing? Congratulations on your progress!

Janetha September 23, 2013 at 10:15 am

Hey! There is a meal plan to follow. I have been following it to a T and eating clean, whole foods. I have been continuing with my usual workouts!

Purelytwins September 21, 2013 at 9:58 am

you look amazing and so does mamma B!! love you both

glad to hear your stomach is doing great!! we totally understand that :) we might need to look into these products

jessiker September 21, 2013 at 10:03 am

I love you. You’re so perfect. Congrats on your progress! You look extra amazing. Happy to hear you’re pooping.

Annette@FitnessPerks September 21, 2013 at 11:26 am

Congrats on your progress–you look totally fab!! No problem being proud of hard work–you’re inspiring!

Yana September 21, 2013 at 11:29 am

So happy to hear your stomach pain is gone. Looking fabulous is icing on the cake.

Happy birthday, Momma B! You are an inspiration.

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 21, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Girl, you’re looking fan.freaking.tastic!!

Lisa September 21, 2013 at 3:44 pm

such great progress – you look AWESOME!! :-)

Happy Birthday to Momma B .. she is adorable!!! :-)

Corrie Anne September 21, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Woohoo! Looking good!!! Glad the hard work is paying off. I love the iPhone update too. It’s great!

Sinead September 22, 2013 at 11:52 am

Happy Birthday to your Mum, she doesn’t look a day over 16!!! Lucky you to inherit such good genes.

Errign September 22, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Well, my recent highlight is we got engaged! So that’s super duper exciting! The downsides are my ring has to be resized and between work, grad school and beginning wedding planning, I just want to sleep all the times.

Janetha September 23, 2013 at 10:14 am

congrats!!

Katie September 22, 2013 at 7:44 pm

holy cow. your abs are making me swoon.

happy birthday momma b!! Big huge hugs to you!!

MizFit September 23, 2013 at 5:40 am

I laugh I watch so so much less STEELERS FOOTBALL lately as life gets busier.
Im too stingy with my time and would rather read.

xo

Linz @ Itz Linz September 23, 2013 at 6:53 am

you do look great, girl! and that’s right – flaunt it if you’ve got it and i’d say you’ve more than got it! plus you work hard for it!!!!! i haven’t made the iphone update yet… i’m giving it a week or so to see if there are any bugs that can be worked out before i update (upgrade?)

LG September 23, 2013 at 8:23 am

SO great to hear that you’re feeling better, digestion-wise. And even during a stressful time at work – that’s awesome. Good for you for experimenting with different things that way, you know?

L.

Laura @losingrace September 23, 2013 at 10:41 am

You look awesome, love when you can see hard work paying off- great feeling isn’t it?

I love football, I watch college but don’t follow it religiously. On the other hand NFL football is incorporated into the whole necessities of life thing along with “eating sleeping breathing and running.

Sarah @ TrailRunGirl.com September 23, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Wow, you look great!! Congrats – so happy you are seeing your hard work pay off!

What about the leggings in the Spark picture?! I’m crossing my fingers those weren’t a state fair find too!

Janetha September 23, 2013 at 12:46 pm

haha.. yup.. sorry! i got 3 pair!

Tamara September 23, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Looking lovely, J… and more importantly, SO glad to hear your stomach issues are leaving you alone. Being regular is a wonderful thing!

The baby is adorable!!!

I like iOS7, too. And nope, I don’t watch football very often anymore, though I do root for my alma mater, University of Michigan! I used to love going to/watching the games waaaaay back in the day when I was a student, but these days it’s just not a priority.

Happy Monday! xo

Kelsey September 23, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I’ve really been loving following along while you’re doing the advocare 24 day challenge. I actually did the challenge about a month ago through my gym. I have some digestive issues too and after the challenge I wanted to continue eating in a way that would continue to help the issues. Basically, I had been eating mostly Paleo (no dairy, no grains, no sugar, no processed foods) during the challenge and have continued to do so after. Paleo is said to be very good for healing your gut and managing digestive issues. Do you credit the advocare supplements or the paleo-like eating for making you feel so great? I guess I’m just not sold on supplements. I am getting the same results without them by just continuing to eat paleo-like and feel kind of ripped off that I spent all that money on all those supplements. I don’t mean to criticize at all, just wondering your thoughts since I know you are an advocate of supplements. Thanks!

Janetha September 23, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Hey! Glad you had success on the challenge. I actually don’t eat anywhere near paleo.. so I can’t credit it to that. I believe that it’s helping from the MNS Max 3 packs.. there are digestive and probiotic vitamins in the packs and I plan to take them afterward. I know it’s from the products because I am eating all the same foods I was eating for years before the challenge. I just simply have reduced portions and cut out sugar a bit and backed off on the cereal benders, lol. So, for ME, it’s the vitamins. I have been prescribed many, many vitamins and supplements in the past for my gut. I have tried many. Just super glad this combo has worked for me!

Teri [a foodie stays fit] September 23, 2013 at 6:32 pm

1. It’s totally weirding me out that you look so damn tall in that picture.
2. I want those leggings you are wearing in that picture.
3. HOT DAMN YOU LOOK DAMN HOT. Great work girl! You should be proud.
4. Miss you bunches.
5. Love you bunches.
6. Maizey says to tell Randy and Penny hey.

Janetha September 24, 2013 at 10:01 am

<333

Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change September 25, 2013 at 7:15 am

I loved the update as well – I know many people that hate it! But what it really comes down to is that it is just technology! In a few months, it will be the new normal! I love that it came with new wallpapers + tones for texts, calls, etc.
Highlight in my life right now? Being back at CrossFit this month! Also, just trying to be happier. =)