holbrook canyon hike.

by Janetha on August 25, 2013

in moves

hey! long time no blog. hope you are all doing well! i am pouting about the weekend coming to a close. it’s been a fun one for me!

i went to tegan & sara friday night, despite the fact that i felt a cold coming on. i was NOT going to miss the show! it was at saltair, which is a crappy venue that is used solely because they can pack a lot of people in.. but it was still a good time.

saturday was spent at the farmers market, lounging around and napping while marshall had his fantasy football draft (one of three leagues!), and then i went to a late showing of the world’s end–super funny flick. check it out.

today was a little more productive. i did some housework and my usual sunday grocery shopping, and we also took the pups for a hike!

NewImage

marshall and i took penny and randy to holbrook canyon (across the street from the bountiful temple) with amanda and her pup jack.

NewImage

it has been stormy here lately, but we were lucky to get some sun and dry skies.

NewImage

we initially took the wrong path to the hike and didn’t realize it until nearly a half a mile in… so we turned around, went back to the parking lot, and got on the right trail. whoops! i guess that was just a little warmup before the hike. once we got on the right path, we were so happy! it was gorgeous!

NewImage

NewImageNewImage

there was a stream we crossed several times, lush tress (the leaves are already changing!) and beautiful flowers.

NewImageNewImage

the pups did a great job! this was little jack’s first hike. he’s a natural.

NewImage

it was nice to have the stream for the pups the play in–even though that made for some muddy dogs at the end of the day!

NewImageNewImage

we only ended up hiking about a mile and a half since we had that mishap in the beginning. we want to go back to this hike soon and do the whole thing–it’s 3.5 miles in, making it a 7 mile hike. we will go in the morning sometime and make sure we have enough time to do the whole thing.

i am glad i got a little hike in, since i hadn’t done ANY physical activity lately. like i said, i had felt a cold coming on.. so i decided to give my body a break and haven’t been to the gym since last wednesday. i feel totally good now, though, so i know taking the break was the right idea.

after the hike i stopped by my brother’s house to drop off cucumbers i’d picked up at the farmers market for him. he makes the BEST pickles. he also makes the best babies.. i snuck a peek at nora while i was there, but didn’t stay long because she was napping.

NewImage

we got home and randy and penny passed out IMMEDIATELY. so cute.

NewImage

NewImage

now i am hanging out while marshall does his draft for fantasy football league #2. i am going to make tacos here in a minute and then call it a night.. back to work tomorrow! can’t believe august is over this week. i am welcoming fall with open arms, though. i love fall weather here in utah. the only problem is it never last very long before the snow comes.

hope you had a great weekend! check ya later.

1. what’s your favorite season?

2. what was the highlight of your weekend?

Nicole @ FruitnFitness August 25, 2013 at 9:11 pm

It sounds like you had a fun hike despite the rough start. I’m glad you figured out you had taken the wrong path and were able to get back on track. R&P look like they had a great time in the creek and after they have conked out for the nap!

Momma b August 25, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Those pooped pooches are too cute!! Nora is also pretty cute too

Bonnie August 25, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Great weekend! I think the rest is so good – way to listen your body! My weekend highlight was also hiking! Mikey and I did a trail run/hike called the Skyline Trail – 27.5 miles, 12 hours and between 6-7,000 ft. elevation gain. It.was.a.good.one! Can’t wait for next weekend. ;)

Linz @ Itz Linz August 26, 2013 at 5:31 am

i LOVE hiking! just wish there were better places to hike in st louis! my favorite season is summer, for sure! since i’m a teacher, summer = no working for me which is always fun hehe

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats August 26, 2013 at 6:10 am

The weather is finally getting a little better so I am hoping my boyfriend and I can start doing some hikes again soon too as I just love it :)

Great photos!

Erica August 26, 2013 at 6:14 am

What a fun hike! I love that you take your pups everywhere with yall. Nora- melt! Also adoring that you want babies now!! Favorite season: summer. Highlight of my weekend- had a “sprinkle” at my house yesterday for one of my friends due with her second peanut

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 26, 2013 at 6:52 am

Looks like you guys had a really fun hike, despite the shaky start! I love taking Atti out somewhere where he can run around (usually the dog park or my parent’s big backyard) and watching him crash the second we walk in the door – gotta wear them out somehow! ;-)

Corrie Anne August 26, 2013 at 7:23 am

haha. i love how exhausted dogs get after a little hike. too cute!!! my favorite season is definitely summer, and i don’t like when people jump into fall too quickly!! haha.

Nicole C August 26, 2013 at 8:53 am

I love the name Nora, it’s one of my top 5 favs.

This year, I am really excited for football and fall! I think it’s becoming my favorite season because I can wear sweaters all the time. We really only have 2 seasons here. Hot and barely cold.

Highlight this weekend, I didn’t have shit to do. I wouldve gone to see Unwritten Law in San Diego had I known ahead of time they would be there :/

Becky @ TheBexFactor.com August 26, 2013 at 9:13 am

My favourite season is summer followed closely by fall. It’s already starting to feel like fall here which makes me sad.

Highlight of my weekend was getting family photos done!!

Sarah K August 26, 2013 at 9:44 am

Sounds like you had a great weekend.
Highlight of mine: Spending Saturday morning outside the bookshop downtown reading, drinking coffee, and eating a pastry I picked up at the Farmer’s Market. It was the best way to start off my day.

ali moll August 26, 2013 at 11:29 am

Hey Janetha! Favorite season is SUMMER for sure! And then probably FALL! Best part of my weekend, was brunch with some girlfriends at Market Street on Sunday morning! Love girl time!

I have never done that hike, and I so want to! Candice has posted about it a few time too! Looks like you had a great weekend! Glad you are feeling better! Happy Monday!

Annette@FitnessPerks August 26, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Awwww Nora is so adorable!! Soon I’ll have one ;) hehe.

I LOVE summer. I am so sad to see it ending….

Ja @Ja on the RUN August 26, 2013 at 1:15 pm

That looks like a fun hike! :) I love hiking! :)

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie August 26, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I can’t wait for the weather to cool down a bit here to go on hikes. It hit 100 today eek