currently.

by Janetha on August 6, 2013

in random rambles

hey, guys! i thought i would take a break from trip recapping today and throw a fun little post up. lauren does these currently posts every month and i love them. i believe i’ve done one awhile back, but answers are always changing. after all, the survey is called “currently”!

Current books: i started reading the marriage plot on my trip. holly gifted it to maren who then gifted it to me. i have to say, it is a little different than books i typically enjoy, but i am slowly getting into it. who knows, i might actually even finish it! i am notorious for starting books and never finishing them…

source

Current music: marshall got me a new album for our anniversary last month and i can’t stop listening! the band is stars and album is called the north. give it a listen!

source

Current guilty pleasure: eating all of marshall’s crusts all the time. he doesn’t like crust.. i think it’s the best part! he’s crazy, and i benefit from it. i eat his pizza crusts and pop tart crusts regularly. yep, he cuts the crusts of his trader joe’s pop tarts off just for me. what a guy. true love.

Current nail color: i got a manicure just the other day. i WANTED to do this…

but they said it was way too difficult, haha.. so i went with this:

side note, i hate taking photos of my hands. i have stubby sausage fingers with pathetic, short nails.. and am well aware. haha!

Current drink: i am working real hard on getting a gallon of water in each day. i haven’t been good about this in months, but i challenged myself to drink a gallon every day this week for Rx+ week. it’s been easier to get all that water down using my new contigo bottle that mandy gave me on saturday! i love the new 32 oz size. i just need to drink 4 of these a day as opposed to 5 and 1/3 of the old 24 oz bottle. YES i am a weirdo and like numbers and like things to be even and four bottles compared to 5 1/3 makes my crazy mind much happier.

also, marshall has started blending up juice in the vitamix each morning again! today i had a kale-cucumber-orange-celery-berry-hemp seed juice. yum.

Current food: i have switched back to oatmeal! i used to eat eggs and toast every. single. morning. but we recently started buying the single-serving steel cut oats from the freezer section at trader joe’s. i’m a big fan!

source

Current favorite show: not a big TV watcher, but we have started to watch twin peaks again on netflix (BEST show ever!) and we also started watching under the dome.. but have missed the last two episodes due to vacation and forgetfulness! whoops!

Current wish list: lulu uploaded some CUTE stuff last night! i have zero dollars at the moment, so wishing is the closest i will come to owning these three items…

IMG_1554IMG_1555 (2)IMG_1556

source for all: lululemon.com

also, i am wishing for a new house! we really, really want to move. we are actively looking (momma b is a real estate agent, so nice) but haven’t found THE ONE yet.

oh.. and maybe everything on gracie’s wish list today.

Current needs: more money! blah blah blah i know money isn’t everything, but i racked up a hefty american express bill on my vacation and other things (refer to bane of my existence below.) i’d like to pay it off and still be able to eat, thanks.  (okay, and maybe buy things on my wish list, too.)

i also need a nap. when don’t i? don’t we all? can we have nap time at work?

Current triumphs: actually getting out of bed for a 6:30 AM workout today! that never happens. also, i was early for work. it’s the little triumphs, guys. celebrate small victories..

Current bane of my existence: our stupid lemon of a truck. it’s always got one thing or another wrong with it.. and, of course, we had another $2000 of repairs a couple weeks ago. please refer to current needs.

Current celebrity crush: it’s cliché, but right now it’s ryan gosling. have you seen the place beyond the pines? sure, he plays a deadbeat dirtbag thief.. but he is still super hot.

source

Current indulgence: sooo.. i belong to this private facebook group called lululemon bidding battles. it’s filled with a plethora of 24-hour auctions with TONS of cute stuff. the thing with lulu is, they come out with an item or a specific color or pattern, it sells out, and then you can never get it again. yeah, they’re pretty smart with that marketing plan. so, this group lets you find rare stuff that you can’t buy in the store or on the website anymore. or that you can’t ever buy, like the sea wheeze speed shorts i have that only those running the race are able to purchase (let’s face it, i hate races and i am banned from canada.. this was the only way i could get my hands on those shorts!) and paypal makes it waaaayyy too easy to buy stuff. so i’ve indulged in (quite) a few things. probably a liiittle too much. i had to cut myself off, haha.

Current blessing: my little niece, nora marie, has made it home from the NICU! i forgot to tell you guys :) she is still on a wisp of oxygen, but she is home!

Current slang: the word of the day is “portly”.. it’s more fun to say than fat. it all started last night when a photo was taken after the workout and mandy’s thigh (according to her) was roughly the size of china. (she’s lying, her thighs are amazing.) then our friend said, “now that you mention it, your thigh does look a little portly.” i dunno, it made us laugh.

Current outfit: gym clothes! getting ready to head to workout #2 of the day. it’s a track workout!

Current excitement: i got to see teri today! she is here in utah and we got together for lunch. love her to bits.

Current mood: sore and sleepy. is sore a mood? no, probably not.. haha.. but i am already spent from only two days of Rx+ week. probably because i went to bed at midnight last night and was up at 6 this morning to do lemon. i hate that workout… and i hate mornings!

Current link: rallyforemerys.com. my boss’ daughter’s relative’s friend (or something like that) was diagnosed with melanoma and, after surgery, was told he had a 95% chance of remaining cancer free. unfortunately, the cancer returned to his lungs and is now stage four. so tragic. my company is sponsoring an upcoming 5k and family carnival. it will be on saturday, august 24th. i plan to do the 5k with some co-workers. i wanted to let you all know about the cause (especially utah locals!) and invite you to participate or chip in. please visit the site to read more about the emery family.

your turn! pick two currents from the list & answer.

Nikki @ GrabYourKicks August 6, 2013 at 8:10 pm

current indulgence: white chocolate raspberry froyo by blue bunny. it’s great with frozen raspberries on top!

current drink: water with lemon and cucumber. so refreshing.

i had no idea they made single serving steel cut oats! i always make a batch in the crock pot and keep it in the fridge for about a week. wish we had a TJ around here!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning August 6, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Awww- look at that sweet little baby burrito! SO glad she’s home!!
So, I never ever bought a single item of Lululemon clothing until I was in Utah with Lindsay and Katie in May- and they (okay, Lindsay) created a monster. WHY is it so expensive?! (At least I get that instructor discount… which makes it only slightly unreasonable).
Can Marshall come make me and Greg juice every morning? :)

Jaglangham August 6, 2013 at 8:39 pm

LOVE the manicure-your fingers are cute!! How come the oatmeal has to be in the freezer???

Katie August 6, 2013 at 8:46 pm

EEeee baby Nora. I’ve been following her (via Lindsay and your Momma) on instagram, and I’m sort of obsessed. So glad she’s home now!

Also, I would love to be in Bountiful for that second workout hike tomorrow. Jealous.

Melissa August 6, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Stars are my favourite band! I just saw them live at festival a few weeks ago and was blown away by them! They are on tour right now and you should check them out if they are in your neck of the woods – their energy is amazing.

Janetha August 6, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Yeah they’re coming! That’s actually why he bought it for me :) there’s an app that suggests upcoming concerts in the genre you like, and they came up!

Liz @ The Shrinking Owl August 7, 2013 at 5:53 am

Current music: Obsessed with “Flee or Fight” by Matrimony and “The First Days of Spring” by Noah and the Whale. JUST CALL ME A HIPSTER OKAY.

Current triumphs: I ran for over 10 minutes on Monday. It was slow as molasses, barely a job, but I RAN. Considering I was sedentary 8 months ago, doing 4 miles and jogging a majority of them is HUGE for me because it’s something I never thought I could do.

betty August 7, 2013 at 7:00 am

i’m obsessed with the stars and their song ‘personal’. I’ll have to check this album out!

also, i have sausage fingers, too, with stubby nails. it was all i could do to take a picture of my hands when b gave me my ring :)

Corrie Anne August 7, 2013 at 7:16 am

I like Stars!! I haven’t listened to them in a while, but I put that album on my Spotify the minute I read it! :) I too am lacking money to buy any lululemon since I just stuck a bunch of money in my business. Love that manicure!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats August 7, 2013 at 7:26 am

I have stubby fingers but also really weird thumbs too!!!

I am reading Kristin Chenoweth’s biography! I’ve also been watching The Bachelorette and hope to watch the finale tomorrow night.

Krissie J @ Philly Nerd Girl August 7, 2013 at 9:16 am

It is ALL YOUR FAULT I am now obsessed with lulu. ;) I totally bought a couple tanks, a running skort, 2 bras, and a third tank (all on saaaale) in the last couple weeks. It doesn’t help there is one within walking distance of my apartment.

I have sausage toes, so I feel your pain.

Janetha August 7, 2013 at 9:59 am

hahaha i am an asshole. you love it.

Krissie J @ Philly Nerd Girl August 7, 2013 at 9:15 pm

I know. I wanna come back out again this winter. <3

Biz August 7, 2013 at 9:38 am

I love following you on Instagram when I don’t have time to read your full blog posts – loved todays!

I bought a LULU top at a garage sale for $1 – love that it “holds” me in when I work out so my belly doesn’t flop around!

I have one foot 2 1/2 sizes BIGGER than the other, so I think your fingers are just fine! :D

Janetha August 7, 2013 at 9:59 am

Holy shit, that’s a steal of a deal :) And your feet! That must suck to buy shoes :/ I swear I just do IG these days and don’t read blogs haha

Annette@FitnessPerks August 7, 2013 at 10:41 am

YAY! Baby Nora came home-so so exciting!

Current wish list: so many baby items….haha. and a few lulu things too. of course. ;)

LG August 7, 2013 at 10:47 am

I LOVE that third LULU piece – the sweater! Oh contentment, you are so difficult for me to maintain.

Also! A Place in the Pines!!! That was such a great movie!!! And Ryan Gosling…oh my. Lovely!!! :0) Thank you for that eye candy.

Sara @ Zero to Sixty August 7, 2013 at 10:48 am

Ya getting up early! I get to work about 20 minutes earlier when I work out in the morning vs when I don’t… isn’t it funny how that works out?

Sara :)

Tamara August 7, 2013 at 11:04 am

Love this post! Fun and informative. Your nails are super cute! Very happy to hear about your niece. <3

Jessica @ Blog-Inspired Cooking August 7, 2013 at 12:32 pm

You can also make a big batch of your own steel-cut oats and then portion them out and keep them in the fridge for a week or freeze them. I would imagine it’s way cheaper plus you can flavor it any way you want since I know the TJ’s ones are plain. I suggest cocoa powder for chocolate oatmeal!

I typically make a week’s worth of oatmeal/porridge and divide it up into containers to eat each morning. I’ve also used my silicone muffin pan to freeze them and it was so nice to know I had them in the freezer if I ran out of porridge in the fridge.

Janetha August 7, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Thanks for the ideas! We have done that before with our slow cooker.. and we probably SHOULD again, to save money. The TJs ones are flavored, but I used to do apple cinnamon ones in the slow cooker & those were tasty! I LOVE the idea of using a silicone muffin pan to freeze them, though. I used to just use bags.. but I don’t think my muffin tin would fit in my skinny freezer.. hmmmm. Now I better experiment :) Thanks!

Heather @ Better With Veggies August 7, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Those new lululemon shorts are too cute – i love all the color. I have a newfound addiction to workout gear and it shows. :) My current favorite show is So You Think You Can Dance. Addicting!

Jennie August 7, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Yay for Twin Peaks! I’ve been watching it again recently because I’m in the PNW and we went on a tour of a bunch of the filming locations recently. So fun!

Janetha August 8, 2013 at 10:46 am

so cool! it’s amazing up there

JCHokie August 7, 2013 at 6:22 pm

I so did not know about this LLL bidding FB group! Just submitted my request to join! I’m on the LLL Exchange group and have found a couple of Defines (my all time fav) and have sold a couple of pieces on there too. Love these groups that feed my obsession. ;)

Janetha August 8, 2013 at 10:46 am

Dangerous!

candice@hungrymotherrunner August 7, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Dumb truck.. I’m sorry!!
Frick. my husband just bought a new one and is trying to talk me into KEEPING the lemon jeep. um. no.
I need more money too.. i got my cc taken away.. it happens when your married to an accountant I guess. Ha!
You have been rocking the gpp RX+ workouts!
I also agree.. lemon is probably my least favorite. Winter lemon is worse though. Bag it. Its terrible either way.. lol.

Emma @ Life's A Runner August 10, 2013 at 5:58 am

Ugh, I SO wish I could do my nails like that, too! Sadly, it’s an accomplishment for me to keep my skin skin coloured when I paint my nails. Sigh. Looks like we’re both stuck with the overpriced stick-ons. ;)

Trisha August 15, 2013 at 3:22 pm

I eat my hubby’s crusts too! Back in the day when I was the pickiest eater in the world, I ONLY ate the crust (as in, ripped off all of the cheese & toppings and gave them to anyone who would take them). Those last few bites of sauceless crust were always my favorite (maybe I didn’t really like the sauce either? I was so weird!) so eating others’ crust is like a nice little trip down “wtf was I thinking?!” lane.