around the interwebs.

by Janetha on July 16, 2013

in random rambles

while i haven’t spent too much time publishing content here on the blog, i have spent plenty of time reading stuff on the internet. here are a handful of things that have caught my eye.

17 thought provoking ideas that will alter your mindset via thought catalog.

yes. this. i was nodding it agreement to all 17 things on the list. such a great reminder. while they are all awesome and true, #2 (see above) was probably my favorite point.. followed by #3, #9, and #14.

summer harvest salad with grilled chicken via a nutritionist eats.

simple. fresh. so many of my favorite flavors. this one is a must make! the dressing uses dijon mustard.. yum.

27 signs you’re an obsessive list maker via buzzfeed.

And restaurants you want to try.

uhhh.. guilty! i make lists of what lists i need to make. i LOVE the list! app on my phone.

lemon ricotta waffles with poppy seeds via joy the baker.

i am a sucker for anything with lemon. also, this photo made me want to dust off my waffle maker and actually make time in the morning to whip up some waffles. i’ve been a lazy cook lately.

latest parenting trend: the CTFD method via the daddy complex.

i am not a parent, but this still had me laughing! i am sure if you do have kiddos it will make you laugh even more.

and.. for good measure.. a few ecards that made me laugh.

Funny Workplace Ecard: Tuesday is my second favorite day of the week to put off everything until later in the week.

It happens more often than I'd like to admit it.   #SocialAwkwardness #Ecard

in other news, my third wedding anniversary is tomorrow! this past year has been the hardest one for us, but i believe that because of our ability to work through problems together has definitely made our marriage stronger. i love this guy more than ever.

Wedding Photography In Utah

Q~

any links you recommend for lurking?

Erica July 16, 2013 at 6:35 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Glad you two are doing well <3 <3. Those waffles sound amazing. I love making waffles but I can't stand cleaning that darn waffle maker.

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 16, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Early congrats on your wedding anniversary! So happy to see that you guys are even stronger these days.

Heidi Nicole July 16, 2013 at 6:40 pm

People need to stop posting salad photos…I’ve been craving a big ol’ bowl of veggies but I really need to go grocery shopping so I can’t have one!

Happy anniversary! You are so right, the fact you are still married and actually like each other is the important part! We went through some pretty heavy shit earlier in our relationship and knowing we survived that makes everything else seem more bearable.

emily (a nutritionist eats) July 16, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Happy Anniversary Janetha and thanks for the link! :)

purelytwins July 16, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Happy early anniversary!!!

Presley @ Run Pretty July 16, 2013 at 7:48 pm

I agree. Troubles suck, but you come out stronger in the end if you put the work in.

Happy early anniversary!

Caroline July 16, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Happy Anniversary! Working through problems well in a marriage will be one of your greatest strengths, and I hope that year number 4 is the best one yet!

Pam July 16, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Happy Anniversary! and love the Tuesday e-card. So true.

Rachel McIntyre July 16, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Happy Anniversary! I love the obsessive list maker list! Sadly, all true for me!

Carbzilla July 16, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Happy Anniversary, doll. You know I’m always here for ya. (I don’t know everything but I do have ten years of marriage under my belt)

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) July 20, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I dont know everything with 19 yrs under mine lol ;-)

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats July 17, 2013 at 1:41 am

Aww happy anniversary!!

That chicken salad looks delicious.

That ecard about texting instead of calling is so true :)

Lisa July 17, 2013 at 3:32 am

Happy Anniversary! :-)

Tracey July 17, 2013 at 6:00 am

I can relate, next month will be 3 years married for me too:) It does have it’s ups & downs for sure! I’m finding keeping open lines of communication key. I wish you guys the best!

Linz @ Itz Linz July 17, 2013 at 6:25 am

happy anniversary!! and texts are way easier to respond to lol my husband is like “just call them!” and i’m like eh i’m good

MizFit July 17, 2013 at 6:30 am

happy happy anniversary day!

Abby July 17, 2013 at 6:43 am

I make to-do list about making to-do lists, so there’s that…
And Happy Early Anniversary! Hopefully the dogs don’t eat your bar stools if you go out celebrating.

Links to lurk? Well, I’m part of two big giveaways that I indicate in my last blog post, but that sounds totally self-serving despite the fact I’m giving away free stuff. Other than that, I would say that even though it’s nothing new, Animals Talking In All Caps never fails to make me laugh.

Heather @ Fit Mama Real Food July 17, 2013 at 7:18 am

Happy anniversary! I can’t believe it’s been 3 year now… I remember you getting married! Mmmmm waffles. I was watching a show last night and they were eating waffles on it – I was so close to actually making waffles right then, it looked so good!

Sarah K July 17, 2013 at 7:42 am

Happy Anniversary!!

Tamara July 17, 2013 at 8:04 am

Happy anniversary!! Very happy that things are good in your world. xo

I love using dijon mustard in salad dressings. So good!

Fit Mama Training (her blog and her FB page) is one of my current faves on the webs right now.

Annette@FitnessPerks July 17, 2013 at 9:12 am

Happy Anniversary today!!! <3

Waffles are the bomb, and Jared & I eat them often. SO dust yours off, it's worth it, I promise!!

Krissie J @ Philly Nerd Girl July 17, 2013 at 9:28 am

Happy anniversary, girl!!! I’m glad you guys were able to work through everything. :D

I’ve got nothing in terms of links, boo!

Jenn - Girl Heroes July 17, 2013 at 9:59 am

Happy anniversary! Marriage can be tough. I think our 2nd and 3rd years were the hardest. I don’t even like to think back but it will be 14 years in a few months and I can say it was worth it. I’m always here for you!

ali moll July 17, 2013 at 11:59 am

I am a chronic list maker too! And I love to make lists with markers in pretty colors! :)

If you like lemon, you should try the lemon pancakes at the Lazy Day Cafe! OMG! Sooo good! http://www.lazydaycafe.net/

Love, love, love the CTFD!!! Awesome!

Happy Anniversary cute girl! Wishing you many happy years with your guy!

Have a great day!

Karla July 17, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Happy Anniversary! Marriage isn’t easy. I swear, I wanted to leave my husband 3 times during our first year of marriage. Unfortunately, or fortunately, we are latinos and in our families you only get married once and you either make it work or you die miserable…hahaha! We work at it and it isn’t so bad ;)

Angie @ Pint of Goals July 17, 2013 at 2:29 pm

You have the smartest dogs!
I saw that CTFD article on Facebook and loved it. It seems like parents get so worked up over everything when so much is not in their control.

Lisa July 17, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Happy anniversary! I hope you and Marshall have a great celebration together!
It’s so awesome when couples can come out more strong and on top when they approach the problems and work through them together. I always believe those struggles make us stronger and love one another more in the end.

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily July 17, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Happy Anniversary! Our hardest year was the 5th one and I really questioned whether we were going to make it our not…it will be 12 years next month :)

Erika @ fortheloveofpeanutbutter July 17, 2013 at 5:50 pm

That first ecard cracks me up, story of my life. Happy anniversary!

Laura July 17, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I love ecards! They always brighten up my day!
Happy Anniversary!

Emily R July 18, 2013 at 7:21 am

Happy Anniversary! :)

Mark Pelon July 18, 2013 at 8:04 am

Congratulations on your anniversary! I trust you have many many more to come. We only get one shot at each life.

Jentry Nielsen July 18, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Happy Anniversary you two lovebirds! ;)

Alexis July 20, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Happy Anniversary, have fun!
And I’m definitely a compulsive list maker according to that site and to my family!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) July 20, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Happy anniversary! I’m glad that things are better than ever!

And you’re the one responsible for my total reliance on Lists! app…I can’t live without it.

xoxox love you miss you

kerry July 21, 2013 at 3:38 pm

I need a waffle maker ASAP!

Kerry X