camping snapshots.

by Janetha on July 7, 2013

in dogs,fun with friends

hey, guys! i am back from camping. it was a rainy trip, but still lots of fun. we got home earlier this afternoon–just in time to meet my new niece! my brother and his wife had their little girl today. she is in the NICU but is doing great–SO glad she is here.

anyway, i didn’t take many photos this weekend, but the few i did snap i wanted to share. and, yeah.. they are all mainly of the pups. go figure… crazy dog mom right here! like i said, it was rainy, but we made the most of it! we tried to put penny and randy in the tent while it rained, but they HATED that and ripped a hole in the tent window. rascals. aside from that snag and a leaky spot in the tent, everything was great! i highly suggest you make s’mores with biscoff spread (aka cookie butter) and chocolate frosting.. mmmm.. best idea ever! anyway, here are the pics!

IMG 0058

ready to go

IMG 0061

hanging at camp before the rain

IMG 0063

fully prepared boy scout with his raincoat

IMG 0065

linds equally as prepared with her poncho!

IMG 0067

pen cracks me up in this. hiding out in the tent during the rain.

IMG 0069

wet long dog.. hating the rain. and the tent. may as well have been jail.

IMG 0073

he was mad at me.

IMG 0085

we managed to have a fire for a couple hours before the downpour came back!

IMG 0090

basking basset.

IMG 0095

shamus, SUCH a sweetie.

IMG 0098

pen loves her dad the most.

IMG 0107

soapstone basin.

IMG 0111

utah is GORG.

IMG 0135

pretty little stream.

IMG 0134

driving home.

IMG 0122

pooped pup.

IMG 0125

times two!

sorry so brief, i am soaking up the last little bits of this long holiday weekend and don’t want to spend them on the laptop. here’s to a great week!

Q~

what did you do this weekend?

Carly @ Snack Therapy July 7, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Randy looks absolutely PISSED in that picture with you. I think he might be rolling his eyes ;).

Lili July 8, 2013 at 1:03 am

Such cute pups.. I’m sure they love the moma and pops (:

Erica July 8, 2013 at 2:47 am

SO fun. Love your puppers. We spent lots of time together as a family this weekend. We got tons done around the house too- bonus!

Jena@21days July 8, 2013 at 4:49 am

Good god I LOVE YOUR DOGS! SO CUTE!
I spent the weekend by the pool, and my pups even went in for a dip! I must take them camping.

Meg @ A Dash of Meg July 8, 2013 at 5:52 am

congrats to your brother, sweetie!! And I also love that pic of you and penny

Linz @ Itz Linz July 8, 2013 at 6:33 am

i was at my parents’ lake house with the rest of the fam. we had gorgeous weather (sorry!) and were on the lake all day long for a few days straight!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 8, 2013 at 6:51 am

Pretty sure that half the pictures I take these days are of my pup – they’re just so fun to photograph! I’m glad you guys managed to enjoy yourself in the rain…although Randy’s not looking too pleased ;-)

Corrie Anne July 8, 2013 at 8:50 am

Camping dogs are the cutest. I’m pretty sure Pippa would be at her most annoyed if her paws were getting wet. And Boyd would be rolling in it. Haha.

Nicole C July 8, 2013 at 9:37 am

I WISH I could take my dogs camping. Kronus is a freak though so that won’t happen. :/ I just adore those two pups of yours and those killer facial reactions.

I joined the iphone club on Saturday, all damn day trying to get this fancy piece of hardware to function. I’m going to need your tutorial. Otherwise, I was prepping for our upcoming trip and a busy weekend. Oh plus a full body exercise of trying to give Kronus a bath.

Melissa July 8, 2013 at 10:31 am

beautiful! Looks like fun despite the rain!

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie July 8, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Love the dog pictures! I haven’t been camping in years, looks so fun! (except for the leaky tent haha)

Jenn July 8, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Congratulations on your new niece!! I hope her NICU stay is short and sweet.

Annette@FitnessPerks July 8, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Camping is so fun! SOrry you had wet weather though, boo.

We had a long weekend w/husband’s family up in the mountains. So fun!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning July 8, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Utah IS gorg!! Love your photos! Your pups have such good parents. :)
Greg and I are hoping to take a little trip with the dogs soon- I’m hoping to find some pet-friendly cabins a little down south.

Krissie J @ Philly Nerd Girl July 8, 2013 at 2:00 pm

This weekend I was on the beach and in the water, a lot! It was totally fantastic! Looks like you guys had a great time! The puppers are adorbs!!!

purelytwins July 8, 2013 at 3:16 pm

love the pics!!! Gary has been wanting to take me camping for soooo long, maybe taking Jax would convince me to go ;)

Nicole @ FruitnFitness July 8, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Oh I love these pictures! It looks like so much fun! My dog Bentley is so weird about a lot of things (storms, fireworks, sirens) I wonder what he would think of being in a tent. Poor Randy pants and his saggy eyes, although he doesnt look the happiest im sure he was having fun!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish July 9, 2013 at 1:14 am

Congrats to your brother, his wife, and you – the auntie! I’m glad to hear your niece is doing okay. <3

Penny and Randy never seize to crack me up. The shot of Penny looking forlorn in the tent brought a huge smile to my face; not because he was sad, but beacuse those eyes said it all. And then the shot of you and Randy – way too cute for words. :)

Betty July 9, 2013 at 10:27 am

Looks like randy had a good birthday weekend! Boo for rain but it looks like y’all made the best of it!!

ali moll July 9, 2013 at 10:34 am

Looks like a FUN trip, except for the rain! You are right Utah, it GORG!!!! We are lucky to live here!