wedding weekend <3

by Janetha on July 1, 2013

in fun with friends,love life

oh, hey! happy monday–and happy july, for that matter! did june even happen? it flew right by.

i hope you all had a wonderful weekend. i had an AMAZING time–it was kristen’s wedding weekend! marshall and i joined kristen’s family and friends for a rehearsal dinner on friday evening. i was so happy to see my longtime friend, danny, who flew in from chicago to officiate the wedding.

IMG 9723

he took charge while we were rehearsing for the ceremony. he’s real good at that sort of thing.

IMG 9693

we hung out for awhile chatting, goofing off, and enjoying the summer heat.

IMG 9685IMG 9686

saturday was full of festivities. we started with breakfast with the wedding party (and kristen’s mom and stepmom) at eggs in the city. kristen had her special, custom-made MRS. mug! yay!

IMG 9729

the fun continued at nailed! to get manicures and pedicures. i got subtle pink tones on both my toes and fingers with one gray nail on each hand since her colors were gray & green. i really enjoyed the service and quality of work at nailed! and will definitely be back. following the nail salon, we ran a few errands to prep for the evening and then headed to get our hair done. i went with a simple top knot but my hair dresser struggled (haha) and i ended up putting the bun up myself. i did get a bang trim out of it and she cut the bill down to $15.. it was just amusing! kristen’s hair was PHENOMENAL–the curls were perfect and her head piece really complemented her long, beautiful locks.

IMG 9732IMG 9735

after the hair appointment, it was time to head to the venue, rice eccles stadium tower. it was a beautiful day! (hot, too.. 100 degrees! glad the wedding was indoors!) we did our makeup and got dressed. we made sure everything was set up for the ceremony. i LOVE how it turned out, kristen did a wonderful job at planning the setup.

IMG 9736

she worked for hours on the backdrop–it was hand-written and made up of special words rory had written to her while their relationship was long distance (for the first year and a half they dated.) doesn’t that just melt your heart??

IMG 9737

i also worked on writing notes from my maid of honor speech & toast on notecards. i am a mess with public speaking and NEEDED notecards. time ticked by so quickly and before we knew it, it was ceremony time! i was crying before i even walked out of the bridal room. i was holding back the tears for a quick snapshot before the ceremony began.

IMG 9874

the ceremony was beautiful. my heart was bursting with joy for kristen and rory. a cocktail hour followed and we all enjoyed wine and delicious croissant sandwiches, fruit, and veggies. the wedding party also went and took photos–it was so much fun! the reception followed and everyone had a great time dancing, drinking, and eating the MOST unique wedding food–mashed potato martinis!

IMG 9744

isn’t that so cute?! as a food blogger, i was dying. guests were able to build their own martini using mashed potatoes and toppings including gravy, bacon, sour cream, green onions, tomatoes, and cheese. there were meatball skewers (instead of olives!) to garnish the martinis. SO CLEVER!

they also served gourmet ruby snaps cookies with shooters of milk. LOVED that!

IMG 9749IMG 9748

the reception included all the fun, traditional events…

IMG 9762IMG 9783

…first dance, cake cutting, bouquet tossing, and best man & maid of honor speech. don’t worry, i had my notecards!

IMG 9759

i was so flipping nervous, but i think i was able to remember everything i wanted to say. i love kristen and rory so much, so it was nice to be able to deliver a message to them from my heart.

IMG 9768

here are a few more snapshots from the reception. it was a blast!

IMG 9805IMG 9798

IMG 9776

IMG 9797

IMG 9802

we gave the bride & groom a sparkler sendoff at the end of the night!

IMG 9821

the wedding party, family, and a few friends stayed behind to help clean up–there was leftover wine, so we took advantage.

IMG 9840

when all was said and done, we headed outside and laid on the ground while chatting and laughing about all the good times we’d had. and i took shameless selfies and sent them to friends on snapchat. nbd.

IMG 9847IMG 9848

when we got home, marshall and i made the executive decision to get del taco. sometimes, you gotta. we ended the evening cuddling with the pups.

IMG 9862IMG 9863

a HUGE congratulations to kristen and rory. i could not be happier for the two of you and i love you both so much! have fun in BELIZE! yay, honeymoon.

that’s a wrap! until next time…

Carly @ Snack Therapy July 1, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Those are amazing bridesmaids dresses! And your adorable wedges go perfectly!

Weddings are amazing when they’re between people you love, who truly love one another!

Tamara July 2, 2013 at 9:04 am

I agree with Carly… super cuteness!!

Janetha July 2, 2013 at 9:23 am

I know! She did a great job picking them.. I will totally wear it over and over! There were pockets!

Tamara July 3, 2013 at 8:04 am

I love dresses/skirts with pockets! I have a couple and they are so fun.

Erica July 2, 2013 at 4:29 am

What a wedding! I love the decorations. Your dress is adorable. Glad you guys had fun. We only have 1 wedding this year in September, but I’m super excited for it.

betty July 2, 2013 at 4:30 am

looks like so much fun! kristen looked beautiful!!!! and belize!! thats where i want to plan my next trip!!

lindsay July 2, 2013 at 5:42 am

beautiful! All of it! and love her colors! Way to go maid of honor!

Tracey July 2, 2013 at 5:46 am

Sorry off topic, but you have such beautiful straight white teeth! Have you ever had braces or whitened them?

Janetha July 2, 2013 at 9:23 am

Thanks! I had top braces only from 3rd grade to 8th grade.. ha, that was awesome for my awkward years ;) I whiten from time to time.. haven’t in awhile, though!

Tracey July 2, 2013 at 9:33 am

Looking good!

Andrea @ Fit, Fab and Freckled July 2, 2013 at 6:17 am

Beautiful wedding! It’s so neat to see all the different ideas people have for their weddings. And I would have been in heaven with the potato martini – I didn’t even know such thing existed!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 2, 2013 at 7:11 am

It looks like it was a fantastic wedding! Everyone looks gorgeous – I adore the bride’s headband/headpiece. And the martini appetizers are awesome.

Sara July 2, 2013 at 7:44 am

You looked beautiful! Kristen looked gorgeous, and I adore the backdrop.

BUT, seriously, a hair dresser who couldn’t do a top knot?!!! You did a fantastic job… you have a second career laid out if you need it. ;)

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome July 2, 2013 at 8:08 am

Looks like so much fun! Love weddings :-) I also LOVE your dress you wore to the rehearsal dinner! Even though I can’t see the whole thing, the flamingos rock!

Janetha July 2, 2013 at 9:22 am
Tamara July 2, 2013 at 9:06 am

Ohhhh my gosh, mashed potato martinis with meatball garnish? Where do I sign up for this in my life? I may have to do those at a party just because. How FUN and they look so flipping yummy!

Speaking of executive decisions, I may also have to try del taco soon… I’ve never had it!

Steph July 2, 2013 at 9:08 am

You’re beautiful!! Hokey smokes! And your eyelashes in the last pic, they look like amazing!

Kristen is blessed to have a friend like you. in every photo your smile beams with the joy you feel for them. Friendships that solid are rare these days. Glad you cherish it.

Rachel July 2, 2013 at 9:08 am

Gorgeous wedding! I love they grey/green combo. I’m also mildly obsessed with those earings she gave you for the wedding. I think I need to order a pair!

Marie July 2, 2013 at 9:10 am

Congratulations to Kristen and Rory! I LOVED the set-up she had using his words. How sentimental and original. It looked awesome, too! She had so many unique things; very beautiful!

Annette@FitnessPerks July 2, 2013 at 10:23 am

You look fantastic!!

Congrats to Kristen & Rory! Her setup was super awesome.

Melissa B July 2, 2013 at 10:39 am

Firstly, you and marshall are like the cutest couple ever! good land! Secondly, that wedding was to die for. oh my the words he wrote to her – my heart melted. how sweet!

Krissie J @ Philly Nerd Girl July 2, 2013 at 11:35 am

I love getting random snapchats from you, lol. Looks like a super fun time and I love the colors she chose for her wedding! :)

Jentry Nielsen July 2, 2013 at 11:57 am

Their wedding was gorgeous! I love that backdrop idea, how sweet! I love that venue! I had a friend get married there as well, it’s a gorgeous view!

Maren July 2, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Kristen was SO beautiful and so was everything at the wedding!! I truly enjoyed waking up to those snaps on Sunday morning haha!! Looks like you all had a blast! xoxo

ali moll July 2, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I went to a wedding a few weekends ago at Rice Eccles! Such a fun venue! Looks like you had so much fun, and you looked gorgeous!

purelytwins July 2, 2013 at 4:06 pm

wedding looks beautiful!! love weddings!

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige July 2, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Everything is just gorgeous – the aisle, the hair, the dresses, and the back drop! Love love <3

Erin July 2, 2013 at 7:03 pm

LOVE the green and white! Green, white, and charcoal is what I have in mind for my eventual wedding. Not a big fan of mashed potatoes, so maybe that’s why I’m weirded out by the martini glasses with mashed inside. Either way, the wedding was gorgeous; glad you have a wonderful time!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats July 3, 2013 at 12:27 am

Love the martini idea :) Too good!!!

Sounds and looks like it was a beautiful event.

You’ve made me so want a mani/pedi!

Abby July 3, 2013 at 6:25 am

I work in an industry that deals with a lot of wedding things, and I have to say that THIS WEDDING LOOKED AMAZING! So creative and artsy and personal, not to mention the fact that you guys all looked absolutely stunning. What a freaking special day for everyone involved.

Jena July 3, 2013 at 5:20 pm

I LOVE your bangs. If only I were brave enough to try them!

momma b. July 4, 2013 at 10:47 am

It was a perfect night! You looked gorgeous as did the bride :-)

Such a wonderful celebration of two incredible people! Hooray for Kristen and Rory! xoxo

Your speech was perfect!