playing along.

by Janetha on June 27, 2013

in questions answered

i was tagged by meg, and i am a sucker for a survey.

A. Attached or Single?

married to marshall. attached to penny and randy, as well. we are LONG overdue for a new fam pic.. but we want to find a photographer that is good with pets. any utah locals have a recommendation?

Wedding Photography In Utah

B. Best Friend?

gotta say momma b! i call her every day on my way home from work and it’s the highlight of my day.

C. Cake or pie?

well, i’d say ice cream. but if i had to pick between those two, i’d say pie. peach pie or apple pie.

D. Day of choice?

sunday! it means sleeping in, brunch, grocery shopping, and a lot of times we go to movies on sunday night.

IMG 3664

E. Essential Item?

my phone! marshall will tell you it is fused to my hand. it’s true.. i am on that thing way too much.

F. Favorite color?

why do i have to pick? i like lots of colors. top three are purple, blue, and green.

G. Gummy bears or worms?

while they taste the same, i think gummy bears are more fun to eat. i love the ones from trader joe’s.

H. Home town?

bountiful, utah 84010. born and raised.

I. Favorite Indulgence?

massages at the kura door. so pricey, but SO amazing. i actually have a gift card that needs to be used.. i better book that!

J. January or July?

back in the day, i may have said january. i was a diehard snowboarder once upon a time. now? july. i love the heat and the pool and the holidays. plus, this july i am only working ONE full week. the rest of the weeks i have at least one day off. woohoo! here in utah, we get two july holidays.. the 4th and the 24th (pioneer day.)

K. Kids?

just penny and randy right now.

i know i have said in the past that i don’t want kids (babies freak me out.. i can’t hold one without major anxiety) i am really not opposed to them. you see, my mom is my best friend (see letter B up there) and i can’t imagine being her age and not having a son and/or daughter to be BFFs with. the whole baby thing.. scares me to death. i hated dolls as a child and only had stuffed cats. i am the youngest in my fam, so i was never really around babies and to this day don’t gush when i see an infant. a puppy? oh my gosh, i flip my lid when i see a puppy. i just need to realize that whole baby thing is something you have to deal with if you want to have a 20-something-year old ;) i keep telling marshall we should just adopt a 10 year old and call it good. ha. but.. yeah.. the point of my long ramble is that, yeah, i think i want to have some human kiddos. however, it’s not just that easy. unfortunately, marshall and i may not have the right stuff it takes to make babies.. but we are just now looking into getting that figured out! wish us luck!

L. Life isn’t complete without?

adventures.

M. Marriage date?

7.17.10. national peach ice cream day. we are coming up on our third anniversary!

Wedding Photography In Utah

N. Number of brothers/sisters?

one brother. two sister. all older!

O. Oranges or Apples?

oooohh.. tough call. LOVE honeycrisp apples, but there is nothing quite like a perfectly ripe orange. unfortunately, these are few and far between.

P. Phobias?

arachnophobia. claustrophobia. ohhh.. the ultimate worst way to die would be burying me alive in a box full of spiders. eep.

Q. Quotes?

R. Reasons to smile?

good health. good friends. good job. good family. good life!

S. Season of choice?

again, this used to be winter, but now it is 110% summer. i <3 the sunshine and swimming.

T. Tag 5 People.

lindsay cotter.

bonnie.

corrie anne.

tamara.

shannon.

U. Unknown fact about me?

i was born during a flood! my fam was evacuated from their house and momma b was having me in the hospital. they call me the flood baby.

V. Vegetable?

asparagus and cauliflower are my two current favorites.

W. Worst habit?

PROCRASTINATION STATION.

X. Xray or Ultrasound?

uhh.. not partial to either. but here’s an xray of my arm after i broke it.

Y. Your favorite food?

cereal. all day every day.

Z. Zodiac sign?’

gemini.

your turn! pick the last letter of your first name and the second letter of your last name and answer those ones.

momma b June 27, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Awe you are just too sweet to me! I love it when you post these questions and answers – I learn just a little bit more about you and realize you are a very deep and caring person!! (well I knew that already but am always happy to re-realize these wonderful traits in those I love)

I usually run right out and buy any face product you endorse in hopes of waking up one morning and looking JUST LIKE YOU!

I love you more every single day! And I love the quotes you post!
xoxoxo

Tamara June 28, 2013 at 11:41 am

What a sweet note, momma b. :)

Sydnie June 27, 2013 at 6:55 pm

First may I recommend Virginia Roberts she did ours with our pup and she is great. A crazy dog lover just like me. https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=341505219252047&id=121430261259545&set=pb.121430261259545.-2207520000.1372380702.
Second I couldn’t have agreed more with you on the baby issue. This is EXACTLY how I felt until 2 months ago when my babe was born. I promise it will all work out. Good luck on getting that all figured out :)

Laura June 27, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Being buried alive in a box full of spiders? Thank you for giving me MY WORST NIGHTMARE EVER

Lee June 27, 2013 at 7:30 pm

The last letter of my first name and the second letter of my last name are the same: E. So essential item – does the internet count as an item?

Maren June 27, 2013 at 7:48 pm

N – I have a younger brother and older sister. Middle child syndrome times a million

A – Married to Nate. :)

Will be sending lots of positive vibes your way because you and Marshall will someday make some great looking babies!! You both have such great hair haha :) love ya!

Erin June 27, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Last letter of my first name – N = number of siblings – 1 brother, younger than me. But, because I am adopted, that number could be much higher. Who knows?!

Second letter of my last name – I = favorite indulgence – probably a complete spa day – haircut/color/style, massage, mani,pedi. What can I say; those things don’t happen very often, so I like to do it all at once when I do!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 27, 2013 at 8:03 pm

So I’m still pretty sure I don’t want kids…and while I some of the ones that come into my office are cute, others NAHT.SO.MUCH. I enjoy getting to hold the babies from time to time but I also enjoy handing them back to their mamas after mama gets adjusted. Yesterday I held a baby that’s only a couple months old…I was freaking TERRIFIED when my chiro handed him over. Thankfully he was cute and happy!

Presley @ Run Pretty June 27, 2013 at 8:03 pm

favorite food? that changes every .2 seconds for me. and I’m attached fo’ life.

your mom’s comment is adorable.

Pua June 27, 2013 at 8:54 pm

That arm break literally made me shudder. Ouch!!
Phobia: SEVERE Aerophobia (fear of flying)… this one is bad! I drive flight attendants crazy!
Fave color: Can’t chose just one! Pink and anything jewel-toned.

Keelie (Sweat Equals Success) June 27, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Essential item: Metrocard. I’m on the moooooove.

Hometown: Moved a lot as a kid, but most accurately, Ft. Plain, NY.

Dude- that is the most badassed x-ray I have ever seen. Props.

Cheri Z June 27, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Since they’re both “I” – I’ll give you two indulgences: Starbucks and getting my feet zoned once a month.

I wasn’t a big fan of babies either … but when I held our 6 month old daughter (adopted from Vietnam) in my arms, whoa! A key just turned and I was in love. Despite the fact that her days and nights were reversed for far too long and we suffered from extreme sleep deprivation for awhile – I still loved her. Our two dogs were a little dubious at first, until they discovered that the world under her high chair was heaven. They were best buds within days. She’d throw food down to them and then squeal like crazy when they’d catch it or slurp it up from her splat mat. My favorite memory is the three of them doing the circular loop through our house with Bailee pushing her doll stroller and a dog on each side. A total hoot!

Nicole C June 28, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I love that you adopted <3

Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife June 27, 2013 at 10:29 pm

2 siblings! Little brother and sister. And my essential item is probably my phone, too. I get more addicted by the day…

And WOAH we’re anniversary twins!!! Same exact day and year! :) I still can’t believe that 3 years has gone by already.

Katie June 27, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Flood baby! I love that.

Tamara June 28, 2013 at 11:46 am

Me too, Katie!! Super cute. :D

ali moll June 28, 2013 at 2:14 am

Love, love love this!!!

Denise June 28, 2013 at 4:32 am

Ha! Last letter of first name: E
Second letter if last name : E
So I guess I get TWO essential items :D
Arbonne r9 face moisturizer and
My apple computer

I’m a fall fan: Indian summers along with crisp nights, the start of football and
Fall beers!

katie June 28, 2013 at 4:35 am

I am glad to hear you are thinking different on the kid front ;) kids are the best and yes it is a hard job to be a parent, it is the most rewarding!

Love you!

SweatyGirl June 28, 2013 at 5:44 am

Ahh that Xray gets me everytime! *shudder*

Thanks for tagging me! I’m on this cobbler on peach! ;-)

Mary-E June 28, 2013 at 6:24 am

awe I’ve never see a picture of your wedding day. You looked so pretty and happy! and Marshall has short hair lol. I feel you on the whole baby thing.

jessiker June 28, 2013 at 7:23 am

I LOVE THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!! It reminds me of when you go to camp or your first day of school and you play “get to know you” games. So fun.

A. Attached or Single?
Haha attached. You know the story.

C. Cake or pie?
Sadly, neither anymore… Key Lime Pie is in my top 3 favorite desserts! So is Tirimisu.. is that cake? Also cupcakes are the jam. So both? But I can’t eat either anymore…sigh. I’ll just have to settle on Ice Cream ;)

Jenny June 28, 2013 at 7:30 am

Couldn’t agree more about your mom being your best friend. My mom and I have grown very close over the past few years, and now, she’s definitely the person I talk to the most, and about anything and everything!

J. JULY! Even though it’s hot has Hades around here, July to me means beach trips and family time and relaxing….

A. Attached for a little over 3 years now. Long distance the whole time, and yea, it kinda sucks.

Shady June 28, 2013 at 7:39 am

I know you said the adopt a 10 y/o thing in jest but in seriousness why not? There are plenty of older children around that need homes and not a lot of loving homes for them. If adoption is something you’re thinking about, I do encourage you to think about doing so with an older child.

Nicole C June 28, 2013 at 4:44 pm

I said the same thing to my man the other day. I sponsor a little 6 year sweetie in China and I’d swoop her up if they’d let me.

Rose June 28, 2013 at 8:25 am

My mom is my best friend as well.. I didn’t even realize it haha I had of course girlfriends as best friends growing up and at some point my guy and I were talking about who We would say was the others’ bestie, and he was like.. duh, your Mom.. and I was like, whaa.. yeah, you’re right :) Things change and she was definitely best friends with my Grandma so I guess the cards were laid out for me ;) I love babies but I’ve always said I want grandkids someday too!
That’s a lovely reason to have a child and honestly, it would be so so wonderful of you to adopt, any age, and certainly an older child.. what a blessing.. Good luck!

Ashley t June 28, 2013 at 9:30 am

I had the same feelings about babies/kids. They terrified me. I had a Yorkie that I called my son for 5 years and thought that was enough kids, lol. Then I got pregnant (it was an accident my husband and I were, totally not trying) and its been the best accident I’ve ever had! I can’t imagine not knowing the joy that is my son! You’ll be the same way! But penny and randy make grey kiddos until your ready!

CrystalB June 28, 2013 at 9:41 am

My letters are the same so I will give you two Ls… Life isn’t complete without? My boys (husband and son) and Caring.
On the kiddo front, I have to say I still don’t like kids very much, and I have one of my own. :) Our family made the decision that one is enough, so we are done. Husband and I were both raised as only children since our step siblings didn’t come about until we were 13 and 14. It makes sense to us, but we get the “selfish” comments all the time.

Bonnie June 28, 2013 at 9:55 am

YEAH! Thanks for the tag, friend! :D I will do this today, actually – I need to blog about something a little more light hearted. ;)

And the whole kids thing? I really feel you on that – I am the same with babies and have never been a “Can I hold your little one?” kind of person. Very awkward around them and never felt the sense that I WANT to be a mom… But I agree about moms and daughters as I look at my relationship with my mom and value it so much – dad too. And I know they always say their greatest joy is having kids. Something changed in me in maybe the last 6 months and, although Mikey’s felt more strongly about it than me, now I’m in the kids boat. But you never know until you start trying if you can, so I guess we’ll find out as we’re hoping to start trying after Mikey’s done grad school in about 1.5 years. Who knows.

I’m with you on summer – loving skiing but with 9 months of winter I WELCOME the short, short summer in Calgary, especially after all this rain. ;)

LG June 28, 2013 at 9:59 am

Number of siblings – one older sister.

Indulgence – magazines and Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

Hey Janetha! I’m really not a huge baby fan either. I’m looking forward to the 5+ ages. But we’re waiting to adopt a baby due to us not having the right combo of stuff to make a baby ourselves…it has been quite the journey! And I think I’m up for doing the baby thing if…as you say…we get an adult out of the deal eventually! :0)

Sara June 28, 2013 at 11:11 am

Fun post!
A: Attached or Single–single… if you know of anyone to set me up with let me know! ;) I’m looking!
E: Essential Item–hmmm. Got to say my computer. I’m constantly on the thing for work and school.

I’ll be sending good thoughts/praying for you and Marsh regarding the baby thing. Considering you two are amazing pup parents, you’ll be even more so if you decide to have your own children!

Tamara June 28, 2013 at 11:44 am

Thanks for tagging me!!! What a fun survey. I will try not to dilly dally too much. (Yep, I can really relate re: your worst habit.)

PS: That x-ray never ceases to amaze me. I mean, when you break your arm, you don’t mess around!

xo

Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl June 28, 2013 at 12:36 pm

N – number of siblings: six! four sisters and two brothers!
U – unknown fact, I have no idea how to roll my Rs. I just make an awkward spitting sound. It’s so lame.

Meighan June 28, 2013 at 1:09 pm

N. one brother, one sister. Both younger :)
V. Mushrooms & asparagus! NOM NOM NOM

betty June 28, 2013 at 2:06 pm

yay for babies! well.. i guess not yay for actual ‘babies’ but the idea of you two growing your family! if barbara had it her way, she’d have kids yesterday, but i’m still trying to push it off. i want to live a little before we get all jammed up with those kind of ankle biters. and i feel you on the anxiety.. i can hold a sleeping baby, but as soon as they start to make that crying face, i pass them to the closest open arms.!

ugh. spiders.. i have hallucinations in my sleep where there are spiders coming from webs on the ceiling and they’re all over my comforter.. gross. ick.

Nicole June 28, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Essential item: Gosh – I don’t have one, I don’t think…..I guess access to the internet is kind of essential to me. It’s hard for me to go too long without looking something up!

Indulgence: Massages, ice cream, italian food.

Annette@FitnessPerks June 28, 2013 at 4:20 pm

I just did this survey today too…and totally answered ice cream instead of pie or cake. HAHHA.

E (was for both): essential item: I said my face mask, pillow, and bed. They all count as ONE.

p.s. Best wishes & thoughts to you guys with the baby thing. Everything works out somehow :) btw not all babies are cute, true, but YOURS will be the cutest to you ever. No matter when that is, that baby you will love. I promise. And the years fly by anyways, I’ve heard, so you’ll get that 20yr old! :) you’ll be the best mom, i am sure.

<3 xo

Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut June 28, 2013 at 5:59 pm

A- attached to the BF for five years! just moved in with him too!
E- essential item…probably like you my phone (the gps has been my life saver moving to a new state!) or my water bottle. I feel anxious without both of them!

Gah I have so much to comment on for this post…love learning more about you!! It’s exciting you guys are thinking about kids! I go gaga over babies and kids personally…but honestly would rather not have to push one out. THAT freaks me out! I am also fine with the thought of being pregnant and being able to eat more…and have an excuse to wear workout clothes all the time…but yeah labor sounds insane.

I’m also totally with ya on the claustrophobia!! Getting buried alive..shudder!!

Jaglangham June 28, 2013 at 6:27 pm

OMG your arm X-ray is INSANE! I cannot look at that without seriously cringing, you are a tough chick.

jaglangham

Nicole @ FruitnFitness June 28, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Honeycrisp apples are by far the best! I think that you and marshal will make excellent parents if you ever decide to have or adopt human kids; that is of course if P and R will share all of your attention ;)

Anna @AnnaTheApple June 28, 2013 at 10:06 pm

I can definitely relate your response about kids! I’ve never felt maternal or has a desire for kids but I know in the future I should have a baby purely because we’ll miss some of those key life moments otherwise. And I love the relationship I have with my parents. Fingers crossed for you and Marshall!

Carly June 29, 2013 at 11:14 am

Comment on K…. I too wasn’t sure if I wanted kids for many of the same reasons as you. At 28 I finally decided to bite the bullet and go off birth control – also because I’m so close to my parents and can’t imagine not having that kind of relationship with my own kids. After years of over exercising and abusing my body I found myself infertile (a term that was hard to use for a long time!) It took us 20 months and 9 rounds of fertility treatments to get pregnant- with TWINS!!! I had my boys a week ago (10.5 weeks early) and they are in NICU right now. I can’t even imagine not having them now. And I was so terrified of being a mother!!!!! I know you mentioned you are figuring out if you CAN have kids – I promise you can! It just might not be the easy road, but in the end it won’t matter one bit! Seriously email me if you have any questions or just need someone to talk to as you figure it all out!!!!!

Dee June 29, 2013 at 5:46 pm

L: sunshine

N: 3

Cute survey.

Janetha: question for you. I’m not even 1/10th as active as you are – trust me on that. Anyway, there are some nights that I end up eating really late. Like I won’t have dinner meal until 7:30 or 8 pm and Ill still make it a heavy meal (not just cereal or toast , but instead a big salmon/veggie/avocado/bread meal because I feel I “must” have a substantial meal even if I don’t want it .

I STILL end eat a bedtime “snack” (usually another 500 or so + calories, eep! don’t judge…its not that I want or need the snack, but its habit and maybe comfort and I kind of can’t talk about it because its an issue of mine I am not proud of). …

anyway, is it really bad to eat these two times fairly close together and that late at night? And do you ever eat super fast ? Like I’ll be eating my dinner meal of salmon, etc and I just wolf it down without even looking at it or enjoying it. Another bad habit, but its harder to overcome these habits than I thought/hoped.

Thanks!!!

Dee June 29, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Also, are you a stickler about fruit? I eat a lot of fruit but many say not to eat it with a meal or after a meal or at night…but I do all these things. Admittedly maybe not the best for my digestion, but again…I have poor habits :(

And about kids. I don’t plan to have any. But I can see that the only reason I’d want them I guess would be too re-insert that “magic” back into Christmas and into holidays (the things that bring back magic and play into one’s life, rather than just one big old age looming ahead). But I plan not to have any — I can barely take care of myself, ha….plus they’re little money bags aren’t they :)

JFV June 30, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Where did you get that amazing bikini top? I must know!

Janetha July 1, 2013 at 9:34 am

target!

sherice@foodieluvsfitness July 1, 2013 at 10:11 am

E. Essential item.. water and my phone..
O. Def oranges.. I like apples but only fresh or applesauce.. Nothing else apple and yes that includes pie.. my sister would always buy apple pie when we were kids and every time it was like her first time hearing me say I don’t like apple pie

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie July 1, 2013 at 12:17 pm

holy moly that xray is impressive~! how did you break your arm?

Janetha July 1, 2013 at 12:52 pm