food & fitness survey.

by Janetha on June 19, 2013

in questions answered

happy wednesday! this survey has been floating around blog town. i love surveys and it’s been awhile.. so, why not?

1. What did you eat for breakfast?

eggs and toast. never gets old! also had coffee with so delicious french vanilla coconut milk creamer.

2. How much water do you drink a day?

i shoot for a gallon but usually fall a bit short. it’s ok, i am used to it.. i am 5’1”, afterall. love my contigo water bottles to help get the job done!

3. What is your current favorite workout?

well it sure as shit wasn’t today’s workout! that was brutal. my workouts change every day (i go to a gym where the workout is planned for me.. i just show up and do it!) but some of my faves we have done lately are:

4. How many calories do you eat a day?

i couldn’t tell you an exact number, but i would estimate around 1600-1800 on average. that, of course, goes up if i eat out or go drinking or there’s a special occasion. but on a typical day, it’s right around there.

5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?

rice cakes with sunflower seed butter.

cookie dough quest bars.

strawberry banana core power.

cereal! yesss.. it’s healthy. and i add staying power by using a protein shake as the milk every once in awhile.

photo

6. What do you usually eat for lunch?

most of the time it’s leftovers from the night before.. but i haven’t been cooking a lot lately! so this week i have resorted to frozen food. don’t gasp.. there’s nothing wrong with a little help from your grocer’s freezer! i had an amy’s rice and veggie bowl with tofu and added some grilled chicken. yep, that was frozen, too.

if i am not eating leftovers or something from the freezer, i will have a big salad with chicken on top.

7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?

legs, legs, legs. that’s probably because they are roughly the size of an NFL football player’s legs ;) s’ok.. i embrace them. and they can do work.

8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?

hmmm.. i really like training everything! what i DON’T like is running. give me a strength workout any day of the week and i am a happy girl. just don’t make me run.

9. What are your “bad” food cravings?

french fries. preferably with a delicious burger.

IMG 5239

apple pie a la mode. pizza. frozen custard.

asiago bagels with chive cream cheese. hot out of the oven chocolate chip cookies with whole milk. utah scones.

chips and guac. this super amazing horrible for you chicken salad from a place called “the store”. shall i go on?

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?

yep! i take a multivitamin, evening primrose oil, fish oil, CLA, and ALA. i also eat gummy vitamin C and chocolate calcium because it’s candy in disguise.

11. How often do you eat out?

actually i have been eating out sooo much lately! i would say at least six times a week, if not more.. mainly on the weekends, but weeknights, too! it’s been an extra lot lately.

12. Do you eat fast food?

i have been known to frequent chipotle, does that count? i also went to del taco a few weeks back in a drunken frenzy. it happens.

13. Who is your biggest supporter?

my mom! momma b is the best.

14. Do you have a gym membership?

yeah.. i have one to GPP which is where i mainly work out. i also have one for gold’s (it’s only $15 a month) for times that i want to go use the stairmill or work out on a sunday.

15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

not enough! usually five or six. i do best on seven… or ten, haha.

16. Do you have a “cheat” day?

i have a cheat life. i won’t skip out on a tasty something or other just because it doesn’t happen to fall on a particular day of the week. i am just conscious of my food and like to look at it as an overall, big picture sort of thing. i try to balance the good and the bad! and i know i will get shit for calling food “good” and “bad”—but you know what i mean. healthy vs. not healthy. i’m not saying eating unhealthy food is bad, kay? kay.

17. Do you drink alcohol?

yep. my latest and greatest favorite drink is sweet tea vodka with water and extra lemons. try it, you’ll like it. great for summertime!

18. Do you have a workout buddy?

lots of them! i am best friends with several of my workout buddies. but i do have a #1 favorite person to work out with, melissa b! she’s always pushing me to do better and she inspires me every day of the week. she just shaved 15 minutes off her half marathon time! woot woot!

totally didn’t plan to be matchy!

19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?

i am more confident and can devote my attention to other things in life rather than worrying about poor health or not liking my appearance.

20. What was the last healthy thing you did?

i ate lunch outside in the sunshine with kerryne and amanda. we typically don’t take lunch breaks and we eat at our desks, working all the while. since the weather has warmed up, we have decided to take a stand against that nonsense and have been eating outside on the grass. just 20 minutes in the sun and away from our desks is SO good for us! super healthy, if you ask me. oh, and you did, didn’t you mister survey?

when i was looking for some photos to go along with this survey, i realized that i did it last year. hahaha. whatever, i am still publishing it. at least some of the answers have changed! (my memory is the worst ever.)

have a great night!

1. what is the last healthy thing YOU did?

2. what are some of your favorite healthy snacks?

Rebecca June 19, 2013 at 6:30 pm

1. I went for a 2.5 hour long walk with a friend! Haven’t seen her in a while, so it was good to catch up and chat too!

2. Veggies! (Cucumbers, zucchini, carrots…), Air popped popcorn (I eat a big ole bowl of it…what there’s nothing on it so it’s healthy right??), fruit (bananas, apples, basically whatever is in season), string cheese, yogurt, raisins, etc

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables June 19, 2013 at 6:39 pm

I agree… today’s workout was rough! I’m loving doing GPP with you all here in Kentucky. Gives me warm and fuzzies to know y’all are there sweating it out with me even though I’m so far away!

Erica June 19, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Those cookie dough quest bars are AMAZING! Way better than all of the other flavors IMO. I love that we’re the same height. I want to meet you because you’re clearly awesome, but also because I think we’d feel super comfortable standing next to each other hahaha.
1. what is the last healthy thing YOU did? Taught Body Step tonight and ran around after Kaylin

2. what are some of your favorite healthy snacks? I also like rice cakes with any kind of nut or seed butter on top, carrots with black bean dip, applessssssss

lindsay June 19, 2013 at 7:09 pm

can i borrow your vodka and sweet tea and momma b? Those two would make my day. SO SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.
xxoo

Jenny June 19, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Just wanna say hey and i love ya! I totally agree and love your “cheat day” philosophy…I’ve finally accepted the same mindset: I’m not missing out on life because it’s a Tuesday night :)

Also, ice cream is my total craving any and all of the time…and fro yo.

I worked out hard tonight and followed up with a clean dinner, soon to be followed by a clean dessert and an early bed time…feeling healthy about that :)

purelytwins June 19, 2013 at 7:40 pm

some of our close friends love sweet tea and vodka, we still have to try it ;) sounds yummy!
love momma b!!!
miss you both :)
HUGS

Dawn June 19, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Vitamin C is just like candy!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats June 19, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Those ‘bad’ foods look delicious, especially the burger.

Last healthy thing I ate was mushroom and barley soup for lunch and it was delicious :)

Destini June 19, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I loooooved loved this post. I often feel like you and I could be best of friends hahaha. Stalker crazy much? Possibly, but I feel it’s okay. Maybe haha

Janetha June 19, 2013 at 10:25 pm

not at all :) just move to utah, haha!

Julie June 20, 2013 at 12:58 am

I was hungry and ate. I also took some vitamins. My whole life is a mess of healthy I suppose.

I love those Quest bars too!

Janetha June 20, 2013 at 10:22 am

haha a whole mess of healthy, i love it

Barbara June 20, 2013 at 5:32 am

1. I taught Bodypump today – wasn’t my best performance, but it still counts as something healty, right?

2. Veggies with hummus, protein shakes with berries, soy yogurt with berries (yes, I am obsessed with berries – call me the berry monster), protein bread with almond butter, almond butter on its own (is it still healthy if you eat half the jar?) – I gues I could go on and on ;)

Love the post, girl. I wish I could meet you in person one day.

Janetha June 20, 2013 at 10:22 am

yes! that counts for sure! would love to come to your class :)

Lisa June 20, 2013 at 5:37 am

Some of my favorite snacks are Chobani with almond butter mixed in, Luna bars, Larabars, LOVE Quest bars, and Skinny Cow ice cream cups.

Bekki June 20, 2013 at 8:07 am

Had a breakfast of ezekial toast, eggs and broccoli YUMMY!!

Tracey June 20, 2013 at 8:23 am

Thank so much for recommendation on the strawberry banana core power shake, loved it! Didn’t taste artificial or anything. Have you tried the chocolate?
As for snacks, my fav lately are:
#1) A Jazz apple & 1oz Tamari Roasted Almonds
#2) Siggi’s Blueberry Greek Yogurt & a chopped up plum on top
#3) Oat Bran mini pretzels, 1tbsp peanut butter & baby carrots
#4) Chocolove 70% dark chocolate 1.3oz bars

Janetha June 20, 2013 at 10:12 am

I have tried the chocolate! My least fave of all their flavors. I would say the second best next to strawberry is the vanilla milkshake.. SO good! I love jazz apples mmmm

Tracey June 20, 2013 at 10:16 am

Okay, thanks..I’ll check it out!

Nicole C June 20, 2013 at 9:18 am

Why do drunken frenzies end up at Del Taco? I’ve never been drunk and Ben doesn’t drink but the last time he did we ended up at Del Taco. He was harrassing kids. Embarrassing.

Last healthy thing I did was ride my spin bike last night. Something is better than nothing.

Healthy snacks for me are fruit, mainly ‘naners.

Annette@FitnessPerks June 20, 2013 at 9:31 am

Last healthy thing I did: went to bed early & slept for over 9 hours! I felt good going to work today!

love that you & momma b are so close!

healthy snacks I love: grapes & cheese, chobani + granola, bread w/sunbutter

Janetha June 20, 2013 at 10:23 am

you need sleep for that baby! haha.. sleep away :)

Melissa B June 20, 2013 at 9:48 am

Love this post! love you! Gah, i’m so glad we are workout besties! Sad i didn’t get to workout with you today, stupid dentist. at least it is otc. Can’t wait to workout with you again come Monday! :) Have a good weekend, i will run enough for the both of us.

Errign June 20, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Mmm sweet tea vodka. I recently discovered that firefly makes flavored varieties of sweet tea vodka too like mint,lemon, peach and raspberry which was exciting.

This comment makes me look like I have a drinking problem…

Janetha June 20, 2013 at 8:42 pm

omg must find!

Biz June 20, 2013 at 2:14 pm

I am looking away from the ketchup on your eggs, unless that’s hot sauce, and then I am totally okay with it! :D

Maya June 20, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Interesting survey with very candid answers!
1. Last healthy thing I did was went on a 3 day tour to Banff and Jasper, Canada with my hubby and enjoy the amazing scenes of falls, lakes and mountains.
2. My favorite healthy snack are fruits, yogurt, and dark chocolate.

Emily R June 21, 2013 at 8:54 am

I’ve been wondering about that coconut creamer that you use; is it sweetened? I’ve gotten back into the coffee drinking habit but I’d like to find something that replaces the awful processed white sugar that I currently use… ha.

Janetha June 21, 2013 at 10:40 am

yep, i use french vanilla for when i want sweet and i use original for when i want plain :)

ali moll June 21, 2013 at 9:39 am

Love the survey Janetha! Love getting a glimpse into the daily lives, etc. of others!

The last healthy thing I did: went on a power walk last night. I’ve been trying to go every night, until I get the green light to get back to regular workouts (gpp/zumba)

My fave healthy snacks: Right now it’s frozen grapes! I had never even tried them before this summer. Crazy, right? I bring them to work with me, and I cannot get enough! I also like a slice of Ezekiel toast with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese! (My fridge is full thanks to the Blend raffle!)

Happy Friday Janetha! Oh, and btw….have you heard of http://www.granaryrow.org ? Just heard about it yesterday, sounds kind of cool!

Janetha June 21, 2013 at 10:36 am

oh that looks sooo cool! thanks for the linky

Jaglangham June 24, 2013 at 11:41 am

Ok I have to ask, how do you get your Gold’s membership for $15 a month?! I go to the Bountiful one and ours is like $50.

Janetha June 24, 2013 at 2:44 pm

candice gave me a friends & family coupon! ask her for one!

Sharsti@theblondehairblueeyedrunner July 2, 2013 at 4:36 pm

The last healthy thing I did was eat some hummus and carrots rather than chocolate…but the chocolate may or may not have been consumed shortly after haha