thursday things.

by Janetha on June 6, 2013

in random rambles

yooo. how goes it?

soo.. you may have noticed that i am still not feeling the whole blog thing these days. i get an itch to blog about this or that and then i think about it a little more and decide i’d rather do something other than look at a computer screen. maybe it’s the warmer weather.. or the super soft blanket marshall got me for my birthday that i have lovingly named “cloud” (yeah, probably that).. but either way, i have found myself not wanting to blog. so i haven’t. i’m sure the slump will pass—it always does.

i think a lot of the reason for my absence is ever since may 20th i have had serious problems with quickbooks at work. we upgraded from the 2006 edition (i KNOW, dumb) to the 2013 edition and the glitches have been plentiful. i have spent hours and hours on the phone with quickbooks (they don’t speak the best of english which makes it super convenient to communicate) and by the end of the day the LAST thing i want to do is be on the computer at all—even to blog. BUT i am happy to report i finally got my company file back from data repair services yesterday and things seem to be functioning properly. yippee! i know you don’t want to read my bitching about all this, but sometimes it’s nice to use this ol’ blog to vent. take it or leave it.

i do miss keeping in touch with you guys, though! so i thought a mid-week check-in post would be a good idea. it’s just a fun way to let you know what’s going on with me this week and see how you are all doing. then, hopefully soon, i will be back with regular content including recipes, reviews, tips, and daily life rambles. i do have a lot in the pipeline that i should tackle sooner rather than later. but for now, some thursday things.

sooo.. i did a juice cleanse yesterday. the suja juice one day cleanse. i bought it with cold hard cash from whole foods and it’s not exactly cheap ($8 a bottle x 6 bottles for a day), but it’s convenient. sure, i could make the same stuff using my vitamix, but i am a sucker for taking the easy way out.. so i did.

you may be asking “why is she doing a cleanse? aren’t cleanses to lose weight?” well, sure, some people cleanse to lose weight—or at least jump start weight loss or break through a plateau—but there are many other reasons to do a juice cleanse!

i did this one-day cleans because i have been in pretty rough shape since sunday. i need to get my butt back to acupuncture and also need to continue figuring out why my GI problems even exist.. but i, of course, am a procrastinator!

anyway, i did the cleanse to see if it would help me out. i can honestly say i feel better today even after just one short day of juice cleansing. since i have colon inertia, giving my guts a break from digesting eliminated any pain and bloating i was experiencing. i don’t know if i will be ever doing the 3 or 5 day cleanse because it is tough stuff.. but the one-day cleanse was easy peasy and beneficial.

i also got my lashes done yesterday! some of you have asked how my eyelash extension thing has been going so i thought i’d tell you. it’s great! i love them and love not wearing mascara.

clip_image001

i have been getting a fill every three weeks because i like to time it so i have a fill before an event.. and so i got them filled yesterday because kristen’s wedding is in three weeks (eep!) and i want to have them freshly filled for the wedding. i actually recently switched estheticians and the new gal i am going to is incredible. it takes a little longer than the old place i went, but she pays SUCH close attention to detail and she’s somewhat of a perfectionist so she does a great job. the lashes she does stay on longer, too, so after the wedding i will probably switch to filling every 4to 5 weeks. if you are in or around bountiful and are looking for someone to do your lashes, eyebrows, facials, etc.. let me know and i will give you her contact info.

i rediscovered my love for selling on ebay! i buy things from ebay all the time, but back in the day, i sold EVERYTHING on ebay. i would constantly have at least 10 items up for sale. it was a nice way to make a little extra money on things i wasn’t using anymore. the other night marshall was at a concert and folding laundry wasn’t an option (i hate it!) so i decided to list some lululemon tops on ebay.

i put four tops up for sale and within two days two of them have already sold. $80 in my pocket, more space in my closet. (and, yes, i have things that are new with tags just chillin’ in my closet. so dumb.) i really need to take the time to list things on ebay more often! there is actually an iphone app for ebay that i just downloaded and it makes the process even easier. i’m just gonna sell ALL THE THINGS. randy & penny better behave themselves, or i just might list them next…

jokes ;)

in other news, i went to the dentist today. I LOVE THE DENTIST! i left with a clean bill of heath and sparkling teeth. i have said it before and i will say it again, dr. adrian is the best dentist ever! it was only my second trip to his office, but i was just as impressed as the first time i went. he’s located in bountiful, so if you are in the area and need a good dentist.. he’s your guy.

that’s all i have for now! i am off to tackle my core with side slayer at GPP.. i LOVE that workout, it makes my abs sooo sore and is super good for shaping the obliques. it’s one of my favorites!

friday tomorrow.. woohoo! it is my first weekend since mid-april where i have ZERO commitments. to say i am excited is a ridiculous understatement. yay.

1. would you do/have you done a juice cleanse.. or ANY kind of cleanse? share your thoughts!

2. do you buy and/or sell on ebay? what’s your favorite website for online shopping?

Trisha June 6, 2013 at 6:05 pm

All of those juices sound divine, especially Almond Cloud! I’m a big fan of a one or two day juice cleanse every once in a while. It’s crazy how quickly you can start to see/feel differences in your body!
My hubby is a big fan of buying and selling on ebay. I try to stay away from online shopping in general, it’s dangerous territory!! I do, however, take advantage of deals on Amazon for electronics and such.

Katie June 6, 2013 at 7:30 pm

I actually just looked on ebay for the very first time in my life today. My iphone (that’s not even a phone) got water dumped on it and died…so I’m lookin for a new one. Any tips?

I’m so glad you have a free weekend on the horizon! Enjoy it mama.

lindsay June 6, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Oh man, i would die with quickbooks. I suck at thinking …hard.

We seriously are trying to get away from this heat so that James can train. if you know of anyone needing house sitting in Utah, let’s us know!
No joke!

xxoo

Enjoy your weekend.

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning June 7, 2013 at 6:37 am

You can come house sit for me when we go to Portland at the end of the month!!

Joy June 7, 2013 at 5:06 am

I am the anti clutter queen so if I don’t use something it goes on Craigslist or eBay and if it doesn’t sell it goes on Freecycle or to the Salvation Army

And as for a juice cleanse – I have a juicer and just ordered a cleansing book and am hoping to do a 7 day cleanse to fix my immune system – I’ve been sick for 2 weeks straight and before that I was sick on and off for months – it’s getting old!

Linz @ Itz Linz June 7, 2013 at 6:08 am

i want to try a juice cleanse… just to try it. i’d only do it for a day cuz i think that’s all i’d last!

Jenn - Girl Heroes June 7, 2013 at 7:03 am

I so get it on the blogging thing. I have been posting once a week or so because one my Internet has sucked or been non-existent for the last 5 weeks and two LIFE!!!! Oh my gosh life is so much better out from behind the screen!!! I may start blogging more regularly but since I cut way back I’ve taken on yoga, started working on improving photography, and began doing some creative writing I’ve always wanted to do. I don’t think l’ll stop blogging bc I enjoy it as a hobby but I’m happy doing it once or twice a week and if I don’t post for a week or two that’s fine. Sure my “numbers” have gone down (they were never high to begin with) but that’s okay bc I’m doing stuff I love!

On another note I noticed your eyelashes when I met you. They were killer long and gorgeous! I didn’t know they were extensions!! They looked awesome!!!

the delicate place (@misathemeb) June 7, 2013 at 8:04 am

i have done a 3 day juice cleanse with ones i made myself because i was being cheap haha. not sure if i’d do it again but it was a good experiment! i sell clothing on ebay a lot too! i’ve been doing it for a looonnnng time! 10 years maybe? i’m about to put a pair of rag & bone jeans on there too really soon. gotta save up my $$ for our move at the end of the month!

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen June 7, 2013 at 10:11 am

I have totally been feeling the blogging ‘blahs’ lately. I am just going to say it is due to traveling, moving, end-of-school-year, lack of internet in my temporary abode….or not blame it on anything and not consider it a problem. :)

I now want to BUY things on ebay. Specifically yoga clothing. Which I am currently obsessed with.

Corrie Anne June 7, 2013 at 10:51 am

I’ve never really gotten into eBay, but we love Craigslist. Mostly because we have a super empty house! We’ve gotten some great stuff from there! I hate the dentist so much. I have crazy dentist anxiety. And I haven’t gone in a while. :(

LG June 7, 2013 at 10:59 am

My husband and I did a one-week cleanse called “recleanse” several years ago. No sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, wheat. I found it to be alright (not fun, but ok), but my husband just sort of quit eating near the end because he didn’t like the taste of anything. We finished the cleanse with a dinner out at a bbq place in town, and my husband was literally crying with anticipation. ha ha ha! It was so sweet, but a little scary at the same time…yieee.

Meghan @ After the Ivy League June 7, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Oh my gosh now I wanna sell all the things too! I’ve been meaning to clean out my closet and drawers since I’ll be moving in a couple months and it’s always so much easier to move with less crap you know. Although I don’t think anyone wants me old college tshirts, but I’m sure I could find some stuff to sell. And I’ve never really considered a juice cleanse, but a one-day one sounds manageable. Just to get some healthy nutrients up in there seems like it could be a good thing.

Jules June 7, 2013 at 8:35 pm

You are so so pretty.

Janetha, I’m struggling a LOT. I need a cleanse to the most desperate degree :(
Unlike you I struggle with nighttime binge eating (as in I ate plenty all day long today and at 10 pm I ate 700 calories …its stuff that I use to deprive myself of, I’m emotional, more, there’s a LOT of different causation factors..but I feel so badly about it because it is NOT only occasionally, but nearly EVERY single night :( Tonight I even capped it off with pretzels…the gluten -filled rotten kind that are “off limits” to me…before then I binged on “safe foods” including fruit, yogurt, and 2 raw food bars.
I SUCK.

The thing is this: I’m in my 30’s and I have so much fatigue/joint issues that I DO NOT exercise (save for slow slow walks that equate nothing). I also do not purge (which creeps me out). This stuff is compiling iin my body. Why? Because like you I have a lazy colon and more and therefore I am VERY constipated (as in I haven’t went in days and I’m sure this fantastic pretzel and more binge tonight has REALLY screwed me over BIGTIME :( I dread waking up in the morning. I have no willpower and its the weekend, so of course I’ll jump right back into the eating.

I feel I’ve “gone to far” and wrecked my body and metabolism an dhormones….Is it ever too late to reclaim yourself? EVER? or am I doing permanent damage? The waste matter is just building in my guts (TMI) and I can’t get it out, etc…I feel horrid for this.

I would like to do a juice cleanse, but can’t afford and can’t afford juicer either. I’ve heard some bloggers doing THe conscious cleanse, but again, I’m not sure I could have the willpower.

I need a solid meal plan that will literally “cleanse” me out. Seriously!!! Colonics, etc creep me out too, so nada on that.

Oh Janetha, please don’t think I’m a NUT :) I’m seriously just feeling like I’ve messed up. At my age now I feel I’m too old and that these behaviors are REALLY going to mess me up forever and I’ll swing to being overweight (not overweight now) etc.

I . feel. lost.

Jessy June 11, 2013 at 3:18 am

It sounds like you’re binging because you feel deprived (either of calories in general or ”unhealthy” foods). Restriction like juice cleanse will only make it worse.

Check out the site Your Eatopia:

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats June 8, 2013 at 2:08 am

I love buying and selling off ebay, more buying than selling :)

Your eyelashes look great!

Barbara June 8, 2013 at 8:07 am

Guilty as charged, there are new things with tags also sitting in my closet. I don’t sell on ebay, but on ricardo, which is a Swiss based counterpart to ebay. And yes, I do love the extra money in my pocket too (I just have to keep my mind from counting the amount I just threw out of the window because of my stupid shopping habits).
But I do buy stuff off ebay, mainly make-up that’s not available in Switzerland.

I have some GI issues, too, and I did a 1 week cleanse once that totally backfired. My guts went on holiday or something, because after the cleanse, NOTHING worked anymore. It took me 4 weeks of eating a million grams of fiber each day to get things back on track. So I wouldn’t recommend extensive cleanses to anyone with serious GI issues. But 1 day is totally fine, though.

Megan (The Lyons' Share) June 8, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Thanks for blogging about the cleanse! I’ve never tried one (I think I’m too chicken!) but I’d be interested in trying a short one to give my digestive system a break like you. Maybe soon!

Elizabeth M. June 11, 2013 at 7:07 pm

I am going to have to check out the juice cleanse. I LOVE juice and I recently read the Conscious Cleanse and it is seriously amazing! I am currently doing the program for the second time and it’s a great way to reset, but it’s not a traditional “cleanse” you should check it out!

Janetha June 11, 2013 at 10:09 pm

i actually have it but haven’t read it yet!

Sarah June 12, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Hey, I have the ebook and have strongly considered doing this but am wondering about it..not sure if its a good idea or not, but the ONE thing I like about it is the possibility of dealing with emotional eating and “reconnecting” with my body’s REAL needs. I don’t know. Hard to say.

And Janetha, yeah, I agree about the “many reasons to do the juice cleanse”. I don’t want to lose weight, but I need to clean out somehow. Not sure that a juice cleanse is the answer, but colonics scare the crap out of me :)

Great that you did a one-day cleanse. did you follow a specific plan pre and post days? Or just back to total normalcy?

Janetha June 12, 2013 at 8:50 pm

I didn’t do any pre- or post-prep.. but I eat pretty well! I definitely think it’s a great way to clean the pipes ;)

Elizabeth M. June 12, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Sarah, I think you should give it a go! I struggle a lot with emotional/stress eating (and drinking) and it made a big impact on me. I highly recommend doing the journaling with it daily and dive into the emotional aspects of the cleanse. It really will change you’re perspective. I am actually doing it again now without the “purification days” to help myself mentally and physically reboot. It does take commitment though, today I almost cried I wanted my coffee so badly haha. But I reread the section about cravings and it made me feel better :)

Elizabeth M. June 12, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Wrong your. Wawawaaaaaa! Haha

Amanda March 16, 2014 at 10:41 am

Selling any lulu on ebay these days? I never know who to trust, but I know you’d be a trusty seller, and I think we’re about the same size!

Janetha March 16, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I typically sell in the Facebook groups. I have a few things I need to list.. I am a 6 in tops and shorts and a 4 in crops and pants. Looking for anything specific?

Amanda March 16, 2014 at 3:20 pm

While I’m always looking for cute tops (size 4 or 6), I’m probably most in need for crops and shorts! I know this is a weird request, but if you’re thinking of getting rid of any, I’d happily buy them off ya!

Janetha March 16, 2014 at 7:06 pm

I will email you pics after I take them and before I list them :) Not sure when it’ll be, lol, but it will happen.