friday five by five.

by Janetha on May 31, 2013

in random rambles

ohhhhhh heyyyy youuuu guyyyyys!

today is THE LAST DAY OF MY TWENTIES. woah. weird.

i feel like it’s been a century and a half since i have just sat down and rambled about meaningless nonsense! legit that is what keeps me blogging after four plus years.. the opportunity to just let the random rambles flow freely from my fingertips.

if you’ve been reading meals & moves for awhile, you know i am a list and alliteration lover. since it’s my birthday week and all, i am going to do what i want and make five friday lists of five. oh, wait, i do that anyway.. even not during my birthday week. guilty!

…but i may not ever because i want to rescue my future pets.

1. red doberman. actually this is marshall’s dream pup and i have adopted the dream. and we already have a name. reggie. and his ears would be left floppy.

(source)

2. bengal cat.

(source)

3. german shepherd.

(source)

4. sphynx. okay.. they aren’t furry. but i still want one.

(source)

5. newfoundland. they. look. like. BEARS.

(source)

yeah.. i love big dogs.

1. go to outdoor concerts.
  2. CAMPING.. lots of camping, please!
  3. make my backyard livable and enjoyable—i mean, we’ve only lived there three years.. it’s high time.
  4. participate in multiple doggy playdates that involve hiking. two of my best friends just got dogs and my other best friends have dogs, so this should be easy to achieve!
  5. create unique recipes that use the grill.

1. this dress seen on j’s everyday fashion. actually, all the dresses in that post!

2. lift tank from wod gear clothing.

3. these hammered copper hoops from peach treats.

4g Solid Copper Hammered Hoops with Patina - Earrings for Stretched Lobes, 3" Outer Diameter - Gauges - Gauged Hoops

4. this whole outfit. saw it on pinterest.

5. these sandals… if only my fat feet wouldn’t fall off the edges!

1. samoa donuts by urban poser via paleomg.

Paleo OMG collage

2. taco rubbed burgers with avocado and crushed tortilla chips via how sweet it is.

3. banana split bars by taste and tell blog.

4. pad thai salad via running to the kitchen.

5. lemon & raspberry & coconut & buttercream cake via the little white kitchen.

1. how to tell if someone is right for you <3
  2. 7 things we shouldn’t be ashamed of anymore
  3. who your real friends are
  4. 6 foods that no one is allowed to dislike
  5. 18 things that will make you smile

and one from buzzfeed for good measure: 15 things from childhood we will never get sick of.

whelp, that’s a wrap! i am off to enjoy the weekend. i am celebrating my 30th birthday tomorrow with a fun party planned by my friends. i have NO idea what’s in store.. but i am excited to find out!

hope you all have a good one! chat soon.

1. what do you want to do this summer?

2. what pet(s) are on your want list? i just wish i could own 3,492 dogs…

Carol May 31, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Happy Birthday!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables May 31, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Happy last day of being 29!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday friend! Growing up, we had 2 bengal cats. They are really fun! You have to make sure that they never eat certain types of fish though or else the vet said they will revert back to being “wild”. Nice huh?? ;)

Erica May 31, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Happy almost birthday! I hope you celebrate all weekend long!!! I want to try that thai salad- yum!

Rachel McIntyre May 31, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Awww! That newfoundland puppy is so cute and cuddly! I love big dogs too. I really want a german shepherd. I took care of one for a month earlier this year and it was so difficult to say goodbye :(

This Summer I want to travel in the US and that’s what I’m doing!

Happy birthday for tomorrow :)

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 31, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Happy (almost) birthday! I think you guys need to get a Reggie and bring him to Blend 2014 because I think I love him already – so cuuuuute! :)

Angela May 31, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Happy Birthday!

glidingcalm May 31, 2013 at 11:05 pm

HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want a kitten, the boy wants a puppy. I’m thinking kitten will be FIRST! :D

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats June 1, 2013 at 12:18 am

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the 30’s club :)

I would love to own 10,000,000 cats if I could. That bengal cat is too cute and I love that chevron dress.

Those banana split bars look delicious too!

Lee June 1, 2013 at 5:46 am

Happy birthday, lady!

I’ve made that Pad Thai salad before. It’s good. Also, I’ve always had an affinity for Bloodhounds. I just feel like it’s be so funny to have a Bloodhound, I don’t know why.

Beth @ Mangoes and Miles June 1, 2013 at 7:09 am

Happy early birthday! I want a billion dogs too…instead of a cat lady I’ll just become my own dog lady and own a giant pack of dogs. My dad’s wanted a German Shephard for the longest time, but my mom’s scared of big dogs!

Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny June 1, 2013 at 9:23 am

Happy almost birthday!!! My fiance really wants a golden retriever…as long as he vacuums I’m okay with it! Summer concerts outside are the best – went to one last night at the beach and it was amazing!!

Ali June 1, 2013 at 9:40 am

Newfs are the best! We have one that we rescued at 12 weeks old. There are lots of breed specific rescues out there. You could adopt any one of those breeds.

Linz @ Itz Linz June 1, 2013 at 1:12 pm

lol you crack me up!! i want those pets (except the german shepard – not a huge fan), i want those outfits, and i want that food! that bengal cat looks awesome and i don’t even like cats!!

Pua June 1, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Happy Birthday!! 30s aren’t so bad… trust me! ;-)

All those recipes just got me salivating. YUM!

Purelytwins June 2, 2013 at 6:04 am

Happy Birthday beautiful!! Enjoy your year of being 29 :) Though so far our 30’s have been pretty darn good!!!
samoa donuts — we saw those too and want to make them!! YUM

Presley @ Run Pretty June 2, 2013 at 6:27 am

Hope you had a great birthday!

PS: I love all of those outfits! I can’t even look at fashion stuff, though, because I get discouraged. haha I cannot put an outfit together, I never wear jewelry, and I feel like a clown in I try a new “trend”. I wear a lot of summer dresses and flip flops. Sad.

Kindal@ Liftingrevolution June 2, 2013 at 9:24 am

Happy Birthday! I am not far behind you to saying good bye to my 20s!

This summer i want to go to the beach more (I live 15 minutes away and never go) and for a pet I want a boxer!

the delicate place (@misathemeb) June 2, 2013 at 1:45 pm

i want to renovate our soon to be home this summer and *hopefully* still have time to head to the beach! happy bday! i want to get a pug but unfortunately won’t be able to this year since the last litter of the year will be ready too soon for us to take him home. our home won’t be reno’d and puppy proofed yet!

Anna @AnnaTheApple June 3, 2013 at 2:10 am

Happy birthday for tomorrow! I love that dress and necklace, so pretty and summery. And the sandals are great too.
I had so many pets when I was little I’m a bit animal-ed out. We have a dog and he’s just perfect for us at the moment :)

betty June 3, 2013 at 7:17 am

i would own 78,834 dogs if i could, as well. Newfoundland has been on my list since i was volunteered at a vet when i was like 14. a newfie puppy came in and it was love at first sight. we also want a corgi and a frenchie. i love big dogs as well, but i want to see what its like with little ones :)

HAPPPPPY BIRTHDAY! hope it was amazing!

Stacey June 3, 2013 at 8:48 am

Love the Newfoundland pup! Omg.
We adopted a puppy in April from a shelter. She’s a hyper maniac who I call a ‘hot mess’, but I can’t imagine our lives without her! Ruthie’s a australian shepherd, black lab mix. Our older dog, Pete, is a german shepherd, black lab mix. Polar opposities, but definitely complete our family.

Hope you felt better on Sunday then I did after celebrating a 3-way surprise 30th for some friends :)

Stacey June 3, 2013 at 8:49 am

an australian shepherd! an.

Nicole C June 3, 2013 at 9:01 am

I’d love to go to ourdoor concerts too, just not here UNLESS it’s at the Cosmopolitan pool. Amazing venue!!! I’d also like to go down some water slides. I think that will happen when I go to Hershey Park next month though.

I really just want to own a wiener dog farm one day. You know, a bunch of dachshunds bouncing around in tall grass. Floppy ears. Makes me smile at the thought.

Annette@FitnessPerks June 3, 2013 at 1:45 pm

That salad looks delish!

I hope you had a GREAT birthday!!!! <3 Happy (late) b-day! (i was unplugged pretty much all weekend long, so sorry it's late!)

Julie @ RDelicious Kitchen June 3, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Corgis are definitely on my wish list!!! I follow “three corgis” on instagram :)

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie June 4, 2013 at 3:17 pm

andrew and I are making a bucket list for this summer! that way when we need something to do, we can get our list out!

Shannon June 6, 2013 at 12:05 pm

holy crap i just about died when i saw that first picture of red dobermans! adorable. i can’t wait until i get some furry friends :)

Destini June 6, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I have a bengal…,,shes currently screaming down the hallway lol

I really want a puppy, any puppy, just a puppy :)

loved this list