things on thursday morning.

by Janetha on May 16, 2013

in BLEND,unfortunately

good morning, you guys! i know i never post in the morning but i didn’t post last night and tonight’s not looking good, either. sooo, thursday morning it is!

here’s the deal…

1. my macbook is on the fritz. the trackpad is broken so i’m using marshall’s wireless one, but the cursor is super jumpy and decides to click all over the screen at any given time. this bulletpoint alone took me way too long to type because the cursor kept clicking on another part of the screen. buggggged.. but that means i won’t be blogging much until it gets fixed! too much effort.

2. BLEND RETREAT IS TOMORROW! and the fun actually starts today! katlie, lindsay, lauren, and my sister marisa all get in today. we are packing up all the swag into a box truck and heading for the hills to park city. we will be stuffing the swag bags tonight and getting ready for registration which starts at noon tomorrow. can’t believe this weekend has finally arrived! it’s been a lot of work, but it will be worth it and we will have a lot of fun!

Screen Shot 2013 05 16 at 8 36 13 AM

3. this drink is SO good. i tried it for the first time yesterday and want to go buy a whole flipping case.

NewImage

4. i made these almond power cookies that i saw on tina’s blog the other day. they are super tasty and i highly recommend the recipe!

NewImage

5. i squatted for twenty minutes solid yesterday. we did THIS WORKOUT and.. instead of taking a break to run.. i just kept squatting. 789 squats in a row. not sore… yet. i hope it doesn’t hit me too hard tomorrow. i have a hike to do on saturday!

those are my things. i know i am a crappy blogger lately, but life is busy! and life is good! make sure you take some time out of your internet schedule to go do something fun this weekend. i will check in if and when i can. love you all!

Heather May 16, 2013 at 9:07 am

Just wanted to let you know that I was having similar issues with my macbook and it was because the battery had “swelled” and was pushing up on the trackpad! I got a new battery and it solved all of the problems I was having with the cursor jumping around (SO FRUSTRATING lol). Maybe this will work for you too?

Momma b May 16, 2013 at 9:17 am

Blend!! So excited!!!!!!
789 squats!?! You crazy little lady….I should have kept that wheelchair ….you know just in case haha! I’m sure you’ll be fine you’re a tough one and I love you!
xo

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries May 16, 2013 at 9:19 am

Oh I love that SoBe Lifewater flavor too! I love the bluish-purple one too… Can’t remember the flavor, but it tastes like I’m drinking a Jolly Rancher. Ha!

Beth @ Mangoes and Miles May 16, 2013 at 9:20 am

789 squats is INSANE! I can’t even do like…20 without needing to stop, haha. And maybe not even that. ;)

Best of luck and have fun at Blend! So sad I can’t be there. :(

Melissa May 16, 2013 at 9:54 am

I wish I could have gone to blend! only 2 more weeks until vacation blackout is over!!!

Heather (Heather's Dish) May 16, 2013 at 10:05 am

I so wish I could have figured out how to go this weekend! You guys are going to have the best time :)

Erica May 16, 2013 at 10:06 am

Have so much fun at Blend! I wish I could go <3 <3

Annette@FitnessPerks May 16, 2013 at 10:24 am

I am SO SO stoked for BLEND! <3

natalie@thesweetslife May 16, 2013 at 10:30 am

that’s my favorite so be life water flavor too!:)

ali moll May 16, 2013 at 11:13 am

That is my absolute favorite flavor of SoBe! Love, love, love it!

789 squats in a row? Crazy girl! BUT, I secretly love squats and would pick them over running any day of the week! :)

So excited for BLEND! I can’t wait! I’m so glad I met you last year and found out about BLEND!

I’ve missed seeing you at GPP! I’ve been such a crazy, psycho girl the past 6 months with my back/neck issues! I even postponed my surgery one week so I could be in Park City this weekend! This is just what I need before my surgery next week! :) :) :)

Biz May 16, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I love that drink too – my pharmacy had it on sale for $1 a bottle and I went back and got more – stat!

Holy balls on the squats woman?! I am impressed!

Sami May 16, 2013 at 1:54 pm

fuji apple pear is my fave, tooooo <3
xo.

Lili May 16, 2013 at 7:08 pm

UR one amazing girl.. That many squats .. Holy cow,. I’d die ..

Lili May 16, 2013 at 7:08 pm

UR one amazing girl.. That many squats .. Holy cow,. I’d die ..no wonder UR in amazing shape. Eat all the cookies u want.

Ryan May 16, 2013 at 7:15 pm

I cannot IMAGINE doing 789 squats!!! Incredible!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats May 16, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Well done on all that squatting :)

Those cookies look delicious, off to check out the recipe now!

Lauren May 16, 2013 at 9:39 pm

My Mac does that from time to time. I think it’s just super old and now I’m looking to get a MacPro soon. Wonder if that is just a sign of an aging mac?

melissa May 16, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Of course Janetha did 789 squats…because of the 7,8,9. I would be the same way though, there is no way I would stop at 788 knowing I was one away.

Tamara May 17, 2013 at 7:10 am

Holy squats, batman! You’re my hero!

Have SO much fun this weekend! I can’t wait to live vicariously through all the recaps. xoxo

Nic May 17, 2013 at 7:40 am

Wow, 20 minutes of squats… reminds me of something my old martial arts teacher would make us do :) I’m feeling the DOMS just thinking about it.

Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl May 17, 2013 at 7:53 am

Wooo have fun at BLEND! Hopefully I can come to the next one!!!

Roz@weightingfor50 May 17, 2013 at 10:56 am

Have a fantastic time at Blend!!!! Look forward to stories and recaps!

Julie May 19, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Ive been reading you for a while and you seem like someone who has a good head on her shoulders and a healthy out look on “healthy living” so I really hope you address some of the obviously sick girls that were at blend. I know you created this retreat for blog friends to come together and have fun, but if you are all as friendly as you portray on your blogs, you will try to talk some sense into the two girls at the retreat who are alarmingly thin and in need of help. It’s really sad, sick, confusing and heartbreaking to see them participate in the exercise activities and “clean eating” when they should probably be In in-patient treatment. I understand you can’t ban people from going, but maybe think twice before organizing another one of these events.

Janetha May 20, 2013 at 9:43 am

Thanks for the comment and concern, Julie. You are right, I can’t ban anyone from coming to the event. However, it is also not going to stop me from bringing folks together to have a good time. The weekend was not about being super healthy and working out 24/7. In fact.. the best part of the weekend was eating deep fried Utah scones Saturday night (my mom brought all the stuff to make them) and it was pretty cool to have everyone come together and not give a shit about healthy requirements. I am so sick of that being SUCH a big deal on blogs. Being TOO healthy is, in my opinion, not healthy at all.

Steve Desmonds April 24, 2014 at 8:18 pm