wednesday.

by Janetha on May 8, 2013

in random rambles

ohhhhh.. it’s only wednesday? crazy, crazy. but i have friday off from work, so i guess it’s really like thursday for me!

i am going to be straight up with you. i have been so flipping busy getting ready for red rock relay, blend retreat, and kristen’s bachelorette party that i really have nothing in terms of a high-quality blog post tonight. but bits & pieces are fun.. and i didn’t want to just NOT post, because i like checking in with you all and at least saying hello!

tonight after work i went to GPP for a brand new workout. i still can’t decide if i loved it or hated it. i LOVE single arm snatches (SAS).. but it was a LOT of reps, which made the workout pretty brutal.

Screen Shot 2013 05 08 at 9 22 46 PM

click the pic to get the workout with demos of the exercises in case you wonder. i managed to Rx this in 18:54. some people have asked what “Rx” means when i talk about my workouts. it simply means you complete the workout as written–total reps for the total weight and rounds and whatever else is prescribed. if you do more rounds or heavier or extra.. we call that Rx+.  now you know.

dinner tonight was burrito bowls! these never get old.

Screen Shot 2013 05 08 at 9 32 12 PM

i made the crock pot chicken a little different tonight. i used frontera barbacoa slow cooker sauce and, to be honest, wasn’t the biggest fan. it was tasty, but not anything to rave about and i will stick to my old recipe in the future.

i am working on my playlist for the relay race! i have two legs–one is 3.25 miles and the other is 5.5 miles (both uphill, i am going to die, you guys) and so i need a plethora of tunes to get me through it. some of my favorite bands to listen to while working out are face to face, the format, the sounds, metric, and MGMT. i saw janae’s post today and will probably nab some off her list. do you guys care to share your favorite running songs?

let’s see.. what else? oh! i have been planning my travel food for this weekend. it is in moab, which is about 4 hours south of salt lake city.

NewImage

we will be running from sun up to sun down on saturday, so we will need a lot of road food! we will also need it for the drive down friday and the drive home sunday. here is the list i have drummed up. most of it is grab-and-go, but a few require prep so i plan to do some cooking tomorrow before we head out friday morning.

• mini veggies frittatas
  • ezekiel flax bread PBJs
  • chocolate protein muffins
  • hard boiled eggs
  • trader joe’s turkey jerky
  • raw veggies
  • fruit
  • core power protein drinks
  • greek yogurt covered freeze dried strawberries
  • pre-cooked chicken
  • turkey deli meat
  • lots of water
  • lots of gum.. i am always chewing gum!!

i definitely have my hands full between packing up my gear and packing up the food for this trip!

well.. i think i have rambled enough. it’s 9:45 and i want to hang out with marshall and the pups. i am going to miss them this weekend!

have a great night tonight and day tomorrow!

1. what are your favorite travel snacks?

2. what’s on your running playlist?

Carly @ Snack Therapy May 8, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Dang, girl! I want to go on a road trip with you! You come seriously prepared on the food front. But, I have to say, snacking in the car is always the best part of any trip.

Kristina May 8, 2013 at 11:33 pm

I love running to Zedd, Avicii, Swedish House Mafia and Benny Benassi. House music makes me completely zone out and love running. Hope you find some new goodies. Good luck this weekend!!

Alayne May 9, 2013 at 1:41 am

I love rock and roll by heart doing led zeppelin version
Back in black featuring nas which is normally ACDC but this version is with Santana
And fergalicious by fergie

Jessy May 9, 2013 at 2:52 am

Which slow cooker do you have and are you satisfied with it?

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats May 9, 2013 at 2:52 am

Yum that burrito bowl looks good! Good luck with the relay!

I love these quinoa flour chocolate mini muffins that are freezable they are a great grab and go snack. Almonds, muesli bars, yoghurt (if there is a fridge where I am), then just fruit and vegetables are good. Oh and Mary’s Wheat Free Crackers are yum!

Erica May 9, 2013 at 3:50 am

I always seem to schedule major events in clusters and then wonder why I do it to myself haha. LOTS going on. I agree-burrito bowls are always good.

1. what are your favorite travel snacks? carrots and hummus, apples, pretzels (I pretty much only eat pretzels when I travel- weird), homemade bars

2. what’s on your running playlist? PINK

Linz @ Itz Linz May 9, 2013 at 6:07 am

i always bring a million and one bars with me when traveling… never know when hunger will strike!

Tonya Bentley May 9, 2013 at 6:20 am

Morning, I work downtown Salt Lake, what is GPP? How do I contact them? Do they have a website? I’m really interested in something new & different fitness wise. Thanks!

Janetha May 9, 2013 at 9:25 am

GPP is a gym in Centerville! It is VERY different and VERY effective. The site is gppfit.com. You can come your first time for free!

Biz May 9, 2013 at 9:23 am

My favorite app lately is called 8 Track – tons and tons of sound tracks that people put together – just search for workout, motivation, etc. Keeps my workouts fun because I never know what song is coming on next!

I puffy heart burrito bowls! :D

Annette@FitnessPerks May 9, 2013 at 10:13 am

You’re gonna rock your relay–don’t worry!

I love listening to Pink & Lady Gaga while running, for some reason. Good tunes!

Snacks and I are friends lately, I eat all day long. So your choices look fantastic to me!

Becky @ Olives n Wine May 9, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Woooahhh – take a look at all of those snacks! That’s awesome! I am lucky to remember to throw in a PB&J sandwich, an apple and some TJ’s dried mango slices :)

Janetha May 9, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Well, we will be in the car literally all day Friday and Saturday and half of Sunday.. so we need good portable options lol

the delicate place May 9, 2013 at 1:50 pm

travel snacks: hard boiled eggs, granny smith apple & raw seeds/nuts. song for running…it’s been a fave for years..jimmy eat world ‘a praise chorus’

Ja @Ja on the RUN May 9, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Have fun on your relay and your other trips! :)

Joy May 9, 2013 at 7:28 pm

My favorite travel snacks are every slush puppy I find (preferably blue raspberry) and my play list is always whatever Jim makes me because I live the surprise it makes it a dance party the whole time!

KaraHadley May 13, 2013 at 7:15 am

I don’t run unless I absolutely HAVE TO. But back when I was trying to turn myself into a runner…eh never again…I loved anything by B.O.B., especially his song “Feet Don’t Fail Me Now.” Totally cheesy for a running song, but it worked.

julie May 15, 2013 at 9:44 am

i loveeeeeeee a good solid buritto bowl! hope you have a fab time at Blend this weekend! Can’t wait to hear all about it :) turkey jerky is my go-to travel snaker! and larabars!!

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie May 19, 2013 at 12:24 pm

favorite travel snack would be apples, cashews, and cheese sticks. easy and andrew loves them too!