bose buds & rad reebok gear.

by Janetha on April 30, 2013

in BLEND,product review

hey! happy tuesday! LAST DAY of april? geeeeez.. crazy stuff. may 1st means one thing.. ONE MONTH until i am thirty. yep. pretty soon i will be saying sayonara to my twenties. may is jam-packed with goodness, though, so at least i will end this decade of my life with a bang. every weekend is filled with something—one of which is blend retreat!

speaking of… i am thrilled that so many of you want to come to blend retreat! for those just tuning in, i am giving away a free ticket PLUS free lodging.. click here to enter. (just typed “lick here” on accident.. ha.) you can actually enter to win a free ticket THREE other places (yep, four chances to win!)

go enter!

also, if you are still wanting to come but can’t swing it financially, two of our attendees are actually looking to sell their ticket+lodging due to things coming up and not being able to attend.

• liz is selling her ticket + shared queen pullout in a 4 bedroom suite for $125 (half the price of what she paid for it.)
  • jillian is selling her ticket + shared queen bed in a studio suite for $115 (half the price of what she paid for it.)

if you would like to purchase either of these options, email blendretreat@gmail.com and we can get you in contact with liz or jillian.

okay! blend business done!

let’s talk reebok and bose and clothes and all things awesome. as a fitfluential ambassador, i was selected to receive a pair of reebok’s edition of bose SIE2i sport ear buds to review.

marshall actually has a pair of bose ear buds very similar to this pair (although aren’t the rad green color!) and really likes them. he used to always buy (and break) other brands of ear buds, but his pair of bose buds have lasted a long time and have been delivering sweet sound to his ears for awhile now. i had ear bud envy, so when i received my SIE2is in the mail, i was giddy.

Men's,Women's Bose® SIE2i sport headphones Hardware Accessories F31002

in the box:

• in-ear sport headphones
  • 3 pairs of detachable tips (small, medium, large)
  • exclusive reebok fitness armband
  • extension cable
  • clothing clip

these are actually the first pair of bose in-ear headphones that have been specifically engineered for exercise! they have been designed with the following exercise-friendly features:

• sweat-proof and water-resistant “in ear” buds that stay firmly in your ears (i love that they came with a few size options.. i have tiny ears!)
  • a shorter cable that doesn’t get in the way of movement (i usually have to wrap the extra cord up and stuff it in my bra…)
  • an additional cable extension in case you DO need a little extra length at times.
  • an armband that is stretchy & breathable (designed by reebok) that holds music devices in place during workouts and stores the ear buds when not in use.
  • a touch-sensitive plastic window for easy usability
  • a separate pocket for your keys—a pouch within the pouch!

i am a big fan of the clothing clip—it keeps the cord in place.

while the buds can be used with any music device, they are made specifically to be compatible with select apple devices. when i’m at the gym, i either use my nano or my iPhone, two devices that the buds are perfectly compatible with! my FAVORITE part about these ear buds is the little control on the cord.

it lets you pause, control the volume, skip tracks, or even talk on the phone. that little piece is so important and i can’t believe how convenient it has been for me! no more pulling out ear buds to talk to people or fumbling with my nano to switch tracks or adjust the volume. it makes SUCH a difference, as silly as it may sound.

i love that the ear buds came with an arm band. i like to listen to adam carolla’s podcasts while i work out and typically have to carry my phone around in my hand. i do have to take my phone out of my society 6 case for it to fit in the pouch, but it’s no biggie. the clear case that is sensitive to touch makes it easy to toggle between apps (podcasts, photo of my workout i’m doing, and snapchat.. oh, how i love snapchat.) and, like i said, there is a pouch within the pouch for keys and the bang doubles as storing purposes.

the actual buds are shaped so they really hug the inner workings of your ear. they don’t fall out during plyometrics or cardio and they are very comfortable! please note that they are NOT noise-canceling, though. i had a few people ask me that.

i definitely suggest these ear buds if you are in the market for a new pair! for an in-depth look at the product, check out this video. to purchase the ear buds, click here. (not an affiliate link.)

reebok was kind enough to send some extra goodies in addition to the ear buds. the other day i came home to an unexpected outfit!

now, i am not going to lie, i have kind of become a workout attire snob over the past year. i started buying lulu and it was all downhill from there.. i got rid of most of my other workout pants because they couldn’t measure up. marshall is just head over heels with my expensive habit. ha. but i have to say, these reebok clothes are legit!

i received the PWR legging and the coral long bra top.

Women's DST Legging Pants Z23393Women's Yoga Long Bra Top Sleeveless Tops Z48888

both pieces of clothing are made from a super-soft nylon-blend fabric. the clothing doesn’t ride up or sag and moved with me through my workout when i wore the outfit the other day. the workout included rowing, running, and kettlebell swings. i was super impressed with the way the clothes stayed in place and the breathability of each piece.

IMG_7295IMG_7297

the built in shelf bra (with padding!) on the top is such a bonus for me. i don’t have big boobs, so no sports bra was required and it was supportive enough while running. i am a big fan of the keyhole back. all about the details, folks!

like i said, the pants stayed in place, but they weren’t restrictive at all. i hate it when waistbands cut off circulation! that’s the main reason i switched to all lulu pants. these reebok ones definitely give wunder unders a run for their money (and have a much cheaper price tag!) another thing i appreciated (as a shortie) is that they weren’t incredibly long. i wear a small, and the cuff was bunched just slightly.. nothing crazy and no need to hem.

i approve!

special thanks to reebok and fitfluential for giving me the opportunity to review this awesome stuff. i am typically reviewing food products, so it was nice to try out some fitness-related goods. i hope you found the information useful!

1. what do you like to listen to while working out? podcasts? (which ones?) music? (what bands?)

2. what do you look for when purchasing workout apparel?

Momma b April 30, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Love the reebok clothes! I listen to old school stuff you’ve never heard of ☺

I love whatever clothes you like cause I know you only approve of the best quality!! I do love the lulu pants I have. I feel so fit and trim while wearing them!!

I love you too!
xo

Oh I am beyond excited for Blend .,,,.hooray!!!

Nicole April 30, 2013 at 7:29 pm

I love the new outfit! Im in the market for a new pair of workout tights. I wonder if the ones you got come in a capris length.

And i would be in the market for some new headphones, buuttt I guess I would need an actual ipod first.

Kim @ Racing Bananas April 30, 2013 at 7:37 pm

OMG I am coveting those Reebok pants. I’ve been checking out the website on a fairly regular basis, trying to decide if splurging on either the capris or pants…this great review isn’t making the choice any easier!

As for working out, I always listen to music. For some reason, I have a hard time listening to podcasts or audiobooks while working out.

Nicole @ FruitnFitness April 30, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I usually try to find workout clothing on sale but have found that I have to be kind of picky about what capris I wear. I hate when they ride up/down or are too baggy at the bottoms. I love the back of the tank your wearing.

emily (a nutritionist eats) April 30, 2013 at 8:04 pm

I’m a music girl all the way…in fact I can’t run without it. I can elliptical if I’m watching tv or something. :)

Erica April 30, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Amazing back and arms girl!!! I want to try these ear buds. I need some new ones. Those pants are fab. Glad you enjoyed the gear!

Katie April 30, 2013 at 8:54 pm

I actually came home from this weekend and told Meeker I needed to buy nicer workout clothes. Your snobbery rubbed off on me. Maybe I’ll start with reebok…

Neil April 30, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Can’t wait for Blend! That place looked amazing. 100 of us all out there storming a workout will be awesome!

Also, Sushi sucks.

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats May 1, 2013 at 4:32 am

That arm band pouch looks super handy.

I listen to music all the way instead of podcasts, I should mix it up though I think but for running I need music all the way. Currently loving Daft Punks new song – Get Lucky, I highly recommend it!

Linz @ Itz Linz May 1, 2013 at 6:07 am

LOVE the reebok gear!! i only listen to music when i workout. i’ve never listened to a podcast!

betty May 1, 2013 at 7:05 am

i love basically all the same bands as you do, but never listened to podcasts. may have to check that out.

random bit: i had a dream last night that i went to blend and had the time of my life hanging out with you and everyone else.. then i woke up and was super sad that i wasnt going :( hopefully i’ll be able to make next year.

betty May 1, 2013 at 7:06 am

ps. i still have major envy for your lashes!

Janetha May 1, 2013 at 10:22 am

pretty sure it would make my life if you came. momma b, penny, and randy think so too

Corrie Anne May 1, 2013 at 7:26 am

That outfit is really cute!! The ear buds look amazing too — I have major ear sweat so I have a hard time with them in general!

Carly @ Snack Therapy May 1, 2013 at 7:56 am

I’m the opposite of a workout snob. I wear old T-shirts and Target apparel. Classy.

Destini May 1, 2013 at 8:26 am

Thanks for the review!! I know I have been bugging you on Instagram about those ear buds :). I just emailed this to my hubby.

I listen to fast pace music. It pushes me through all my workouts.

Rachel May 1, 2013 at 8:58 am

I need to try those ear buds! I am loving the lime green color! I have been pretty devoted to my lulu workout wear lately but I might need to get me some reebok gear.

Tiffani May 1, 2013 at 9:44 am

Holy smokin’ back, shoulders and arms! You look really good!!!

I listen to P.O.S for a lot of my workouts. He raps, but has some pretty wicked beats. Or I pop on Pandora and listen to Skylar Grey radio. On cardio days I just watch whatever Netflix show I can find to keep me entertained.

I have been wanting to dive into the lulu club, but I am sure the boyfriend and our bank account would hate me ;)

Annette@FitnessPerks May 1, 2013 at 9:45 am

I LOVe that Reebok stuff! Wow. That top is uber cute & I want those leggins SO bad in the print (the grey ones with words). Maybe I need to get myself a gift for some reason…..

I use headphones to practice choreo for teaching so many fitness classes, and for listening to podcasts!

lindsay May 1, 2013 at 10:23 am

My favorite part about the headphones (and probably not even the coolest) is the clothes clip. That is SO smart. I hate when my cord flaps around in front of my arms.

the delicate place May 1, 2013 at 12:59 pm

i love the clothes! your bum looks amazing in that back shot haha :) i need some new workout gear actually!! when i shop i usually like something that flatters my legs and is midrise…also something that doesn’t make me look like i have c*mel toe! and for tops…something to keep my small tots lifted and secure but has a delicate feel to it

i listen to alkaline trio when i work out a lot! never gets old!
if i want more house-ish electropop-y i will put on spotify radio station ‘kistune maison’

Janetha May 1, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I LOVE ALKALINE

Purelytwins May 1, 2013 at 1:33 pm

need to look into those ear buds more as we can never really found ones that fit our ears!! guess we have unique shaped ears haha

Cookie May 1, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I just bought a new pair of headphones. I am a big fan of Sennheiser, the last pair I bought lasted for years.

I wish I could just wear these built-in-bra-tops, but my boobs are just too big.

Hannah G May 1, 2013 at 2:14 pm

That tank top (and those pics) makes me want to get in a killer back workout! Since it’s “long” and I’m also a shortie, do you find that the top bunched or rolled up at the bottom?

Janetha May 1, 2013 at 2:43 pm

It stayed in place over my bootie! I love long tops, though.. I prefer them!

Debbie @ Healthy Running Mom May 1, 2013 at 5:43 pm

I know it wasn’t your intention, but your back looks awesome! Way to go!

Janetha May 1, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Hey, thank you, Debbie!

BroccoliHut May 1, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Those ear buds sound pretty amazing. I love the idea of a clothing clip–so simple but so handy!
I also love the coral top–such a pretty color!!
I always listen to Pandora when I’m working out, and there’s usually a pretty eclectic mix–everything from the Avett Brothers to Ke$ha.
When I’m looking for workout apparel, I like bright colors, good fit, and nice price :)

Kristina May 1, 2013 at 7:19 pm

That pink top is so cute! I wish I could afford to be an apparel snob full time, but once I love something, I get highly obsessive. My wallet can’t handle that.

Lately, I am obsessed with Zedd, Avicii and Swedish House Mafia. Running to house music gives me such an awesome runners high.

April May 1, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Wow, amazing back and arms!! Thanks for the review of the workout clothes. I’m thinking of upgrading my cheap ones, and this would be a good place to start. I completely love your website and am now heading over to your recipes to plan my meals for the week. My family especially loves your taco soup and white chicken enchiladas. Thank you for all the work you put into this. Thanks also for introducing my to GPP. Love it!!

Janetha May 1, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Awwww, April, you are a babe! Thank you for the kind comment!

Susie May 2, 2013 at 2:16 pm

My favourite workout playlist everevereverever http://songza.com/discover/genres/indie_rock/guitars-and-pbrs-songza/

Otherwise Podcasts: RadioLab, On The Media, This American Life, WTF with Marc Maron, Nerdist, Definitely Not the Opera, Under the Influence, White Coat Black Art…on and on because I am addicted to radio. Sometimes I work out just so I have an excuse to listen to a podcast.

Anna May 3, 2013 at 10:33 am

I love listening to trance or rock when I work out. The upbeat music keeps me going. When shopping for workout clothes they must be durable!!!!! Since they are washed after each use they must be able to handle the washing machine.

jodi May 5, 2013 at 8:15 am

hey janetha, where did you get your black headband? i have been looking for something similar because i think it will be better for me with bangs (the less wide ones make my hair go all crazy). thanks!! PS my boyfriend is obsessed with those bose earbuds. he says they are the only ones that actually STAY in his ears!

Janetha May 5, 2013 at 9:00 am

Hey! It’s a Bang Buster from Lululemon :)

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie May 7, 2013 at 10:33 am

I love reebox workout clothes! I wish I could try lululemon