tuesday’s entirety.

by Janetha on April 16, 2013

in meals,moves

hello.

first of all, i know there have been countless blog posts devoted to the tragic events that occurred in boston, but i won’t be following suit—nothing can be said to make it more bearable or less sickening. i will say i have been and will continue to pray for those affected. my heart aches for the individuals involved as well as their families and loved ones. scary, sad stuff.

so.. it’s been awhile since i’ve done a tuesday’s entirety post. there’s no time like the present.

i started my day with GPP. i couldn’t go tonight, so i had to get it done in the AM! i am not and never will be a morning worker-outer, but if it’s my only option i will usually suck it up. how does that saying go… work out in the morning before your brain knows what your body is doing? yeah, that was me this morning!

it’s HELLth week at GPP, which comes once a year. HELLth week consists of an intense six days of brutal workouts. today was workout numero dos and it definitely sucked a whole lot.

TE 001

don’t know what a buster is? click here to see what they are and then think about doing 120 of them in 20 minutes. cringe.

i remember doing this same workout (minus the wall sits) last year during HELLth week. i had just started GPP a couple weeks earlier and i thought i was in great shape. this workout kicked my butt. i actually did it in katie’s garage because i was in colorado for the first blend retreat! i had to halve the weight used just five rounds in and even still barely powered through it.

today, however, i was able to Rx the workout and even had time to spare each minute for enough rest to prepare for the next round. i guess there must be something to this GPP programming after all, aye?

mmmk, enough workout talk. after the sweat fest i headed home, showered, and got ready. my morning routine is pretty quick thanks to minimal makeup needs and my ceramic blow dryer.

TE 003TE 004

seriously, if you don’t have a ceramic blow dryer, GET ONE. it dries my hair in three or four minutes! i love it. it was a gift from momma b, so i am not sure where it came from.. but i am sure they aren’t hard to find.

once i was ready i loaded the kids up to go to daycare. they were reluctant to leave the house and were still a little sleepy.. awww.

TE 005

i got to work and was so flipping hungry! working out in the morning isn’t the norm for me and my appetite was raging by the time i made breakfast. i have been having the same breakfast for about two weeks now.. i shifted from the protein shakes and have been loving eggs and toast. because, remember.. i love toast! coffee, too. it’s back in my life and not bugging my belly. score.

TE 010

i always have one full egg plus three whites, but i would rather have my egg over-easy than scrambled. i just make one big over-easy egg with the whites. sometimes it’s a challenge to flip in one piece, but today it was super successful! i cooked it over easy then folded it up with a little ketchup inside.

TE 007TE 008

after working for awhile it was lunch time. i channeled gliding calm and made a snack plate.

TE 013

this was 4 oz chicken with mustard, half an english cucumber with vegan caesar dressing, some baby bell peppers (been eating these like crazy lately!) and finally a pink cripps apple for something sweet. i had some pb2 on the side for the apple.

during the day i checked in on the pups and saw that their daycare had posted photos of a birthday party they attended! lucky dogs. (can you spy my two rascals waiting for cake?)

i had an appointment a bit after 5 PM, so i blended a protein shake before leaving the office and took it on the go. it had a cup of almond milk, a scoop of cookies’n’creme plant fusion protein powder, a cup of frozen strawberries, lots of spinach, and a little bit of vanilla bean paste. don’t mind the green—it tasted like strawberries & cream!

IMG 7109 1IMG 7110 1
my appointment was an eyelash fill! i told you guys awhile back that i got eyelash extensions. yep—i’m a fake. i had LOTS of questions about them when i first mentioned them.. so i will tell you now.

IMG 6398IMG 6400
i LOVE having them. not having to wear mascara is awesome and i love how long and thick the extensions are.. since my real lashes are pretty lacking in those departments. i get a fill every couple weeks. it takes about 35-40 minutes to get a fill and it’s $27. i go to ivy nails in north salt lake and a girl named ida does them.

the only downside is you can’t rub your eyes much and you have to be careful when washing your face. other than that they are amazing! i plan to keep them on through summertime. marshall isn’t the biggest fan, but i am.. and, well, they’re my eyelashes, haha.. so they’ll stick around for a bit.

after my appointment i went for a walk with mandy. our legs are soooo sore and we were hoping to loosen them up a bit. we were talking about the relay race coming up in a few weeks because our team recently divvied out the legs. i decided to look my legs up online and then proceeded to FLIP OUT!!  i had picked my legs based on distance. i am not a big distance runner, so i picked two shorter legs. ummm.. well.. turns out BOTH legs are HARD and UPHILL. check them out:

IMG 7112

IMG 7113

uggghhh.. i am so screwed!

after 40 minutes of suuuuper slow walking and me flipping out, we called it quits.  i ran to the store because my boss asked me to make him breakfast ad lunch all week so i had to get groceries. i made a batch of chicken enchiladas tonight and also got stuff for spaghetti, chicken caesar wraps, ham & egg sandwiches, and sausage scrambles. he’s spoiled.

IMG 7115 1

i got home and by that time it was 8:30 so i decided dinner would be a good idea. i had been marinating some chicken in oil and spices so i quickly cooked it, made some tzatziki, and threw together greek salads.

IMG 7117 1

good stuff.

i just finished cleaning the kitchen and now marshall and i are watching the history of the ’80s on the national geographic channel. we watched it last night, too. it’s super interesting! i was born in ’83, so it’s nice to learn about the decade. speaking of the ’80s… jessica posted a link to these toys today and it made me smile real big.

well.. that’s enough out of me. if you made it through this monstrosity of a post, good work. go have dessert. i will be doing the same here shortly…

2. what year were you born? what were some of your favorite childhood toys?

Jessica E April 16, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Born in 77, but my brother gave me the nickname of 80’s du! Yup me and big bangs were best friends back in the day! Speaking of 80’s some friends and I are going to see Flashdance the musical next week! Yes I am all about the 80’s :)

Rebecca April 16, 2013 at 10:57 pm

I would so much rather run long distances on flat surfaces. I’m hoping to do a half next month. But I’ve always had a special place for hills in my heart. Probably because I was always decent at them in HS CC.

I was born in ’90–I’m a baby I know :) Favorite toys growing up were definitely Barbies. Pretty sure I had to wean myself off of them when I decided I was too old to play Barbie.

Also—LOVE LOVE LOVE the Packer mug!!! I’m from Wisconsin, but am in the military and currently living in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Packer girl-born and raised. So I always get excited when I see Packer stuff in other parts of the country :)

Julie April 17, 2013 at 12:21 am

Every time you post pictures of the doggie day care, I get the warmest, fuzziest feeling. :)

Kristina April 17, 2013 at 12:24 am

Oh girl, you picked the wrong legs! I would much rather run a longer, flatter distance. On the bright side, at least you’re done sooner?

Penny looks SO polite and well mannered in that photo. The look on her face is too funny. My pooch would have been the big black blur that ruined the picture ;)

Rachel McIntyre April 17, 2013 at 3:23 am

Your eyelashes look great!

I’d much rather run a longer distance on flat ground.

I was born in 84. A game I loved that is springing to mind is Hungry Hippos! So much fun :)

Janetha April 17, 2013 at 10:09 am

that game was the best!

Erica April 17, 2013 at 3:50 am

GREAT day. I know you hate AM workouts….I just love them. There is something about getting it done early that rocks. Ceramic blow dryer? I need one. I’m so lazy I rarely blow dry my hair. I usually just straighten it once its dry :). mmm to eggs. And snack plates at the best IMO. I like a little of this a little of that.
1. would you rather run short distances uphill or long distances on flat ground? Long long long

2. what year were you born? what were some of your favorite childhood toys? 1982. Oh gosh. Care bears. Heck yah. Is Care bear one word or two? My little pony, strawberry shortcake, teddy rupskin (spelling?). I could go on and on

Linz @ Itz Linz April 17, 2013 at 4:25 am

1985 – dolls. i loved dolls!!!

Beth @ Mangoes and Miles April 17, 2013 at 6:02 am

I would most definitely rather run long distances on flat ground than short distances uphill. Slow and easy wins the race, right? ;)

I was born in the ’90s…I LOVED American Girl dolls, although I suppose those weren’t specific to my time.

Lee April 17, 2013 at 6:09 am

Flat long distance for sure! I was born in 78. I liked Cabbage Patch Kids and Care Bears a lot and then Nintendo (the original one) when I was a little older.

betty April 17, 2013 at 6:15 am

ohmygoshrandyssleepyface. i love it. why does M not like your eyelashes?!? i love them!! i want to get some so bad, but i hate spending money like that on myself!

1. i hate running.. any distance.

2. skip-it. i use to skip-it all around the damn house and driveway.

betty April 17, 2013 at 6:16 am

born in 87′ :)

Janetha April 17, 2013 at 10:08 am

he is just not a big fan of makeup at all or things like spray tans, fake nails, etc haha

I LOVED MY PINK SKIP IT

Jenny April 17, 2013 at 7:05 am

You make me want to take my puppy to doggie day care…he’s home alone while I’m at school during the week and I try to give him attention and walks when I get home, but daycare would be so good for him!!

1. SHORT, uphill…Gimme that HIIT anyday :)
2. 1988- polly pocket, my littlest pet store, Sega games (Sonic the hedgehog)

Janetha April 17, 2013 at 10:07 am

it’s the best decision we ever made! they are well exercised and socialized and they love it!

Coco April 17, 2013 at 7:10 am

Oh my gosh! Your doggie daycare is the cutest! Your going to rock those hills- you have strong legs! :)

Janetha April 17, 2013 at 10:07 am

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

the delicate place April 17, 2013 at 7:24 am

do i have to run at all? if i must, i prefer a flatter route but that’s hard to do in pittsburgh! i was born in ’82 and my fave childhood toy was either a sit and spin or teenage mutant ninja turtles :)

p.s. i actually found a groupon for lashes! my appointment is may 15 so i’m excited. i am a tad concerned nate will hate them too (he likes VERY minimal makeup) which is why i usually only wear eyeliner and lipstick with a dash of powder on my t zone. BUUUUUT….like you said, they are your eyelashes and i totally agree. if they make me feel good, then i’m gonna keep em! plus…who doesn’t enjoy extra minutes of sleep in the morning :)

Janetha April 17, 2013 at 10:06 am

Exactly the reason Marshall isn’t a fan! But when I don’t have mascara on at all (without the lashes) I feel like I have none since they are so light. This is a win because I use no make up but look like I have eyelashes!

Gina @ LifetotheFdegree April 17, 2013 at 7:34 am

I have to ask about the making lunch and breakfast for your boss. Does he pay you for that, or do you just do it out of the goodness of your heart? :) I used to make lunch for a coworker/friend of mine at work, but it was in exchange for her changing pull-ups/diapers of all the kids at the pre-K so I didn’t have to. Random trade-off, but well-worth it on my end!

Janetha April 17, 2013 at 10:06 am

Hi Gina! He buys the supplies, I cook the food. We have a full kitchen at the office, so I do most of it there. I did make the enchiladas at home and will bake them at work. I LOVE to cook, he wants to eat healthier, so it’s a win-win. I don’t mind doing the shopping, I love to do that anyway. Plus, I am on salary, so it all kinda works out!

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige April 17, 2013 at 7:39 am

Still love those eyelashes :) So pretty.
And to the running question – neither, lately. Running actually sounds like the last thing I want to do – and has for a few months. In fact, yesterday I was walking on the treadmill, and thought I’d run instead. 30 seconds later I was back to walking, ha.

Corrie Anne April 17, 2013 at 7:52 am

I love the eyelashes!! I didn’t even know you could do that. Those sweet puppies are so lucky with all the partying!! FLAT!! Long distance is fine. Haha. 1984! And I mostly loved baby dolls and paper dolls. Super girly.

Lauren April 17, 2013 at 8:19 am

If that is the same hair dyer that I “stole” from you at the HLS a few years ago, you are RIGHT, that thing was amazing! Haha, I totally thought it was the hotel’s and thought, “Wow, this hotel really steps it up with their complimentary room amenities.” :)

Janetha April 17, 2013 at 10:00 am

hahahah YES.. i forgot about that! that was so funny!

Dalia April 17, 2013 at 8:38 am

Hello…. been reading your blog for a while. I came across it from another blog I read. Love the receipies you post! Wondered if you could elaborate on your make-up routine? Specifically do you use the tinted moisturizer all over? What about the bronzer? Do you use all over or do you use in place of blush?

Also you have the cutest dogs :D

Janetha April 17, 2013 at 9:59 am

Hi Dalia! Thanks for reading. I use the tinted moisturizer all over–nothing else. No lotion, concealer, foundation, etc… I apply it with a makeup brush or sponge. I line my lower lids using a liner brush and black eye shadow (found in that eyeshadow above). I dust my lids with a neutral brownish hue (also in that eyeshadow above) and finish it off with bronzer in place of blush!

Sara April 17, 2013 at 8:55 am

Hey there! Your eyelashes look fantastic. I do have a question, are your natural lashes super blonde? If so, do you still have to put mascara on them so they blend into the extensions or do they naturally blend in? That was an odd question…. My eyelashes are super blonde so I’ve wondered if they’d show up against the extensions.

I was born in ’83 as well! Fist bump. ;) The toys were awesome then… I adored My Little Ponies and loved my Pound Puppy. Loved the Pound Puppy!

Janetha April 17, 2013 at 9:53 am

Hi Sara! Yes, my eyelashes are pretty light and you can’t see them blended into the false lashes. There is no need for mascara at all! YES Pound Puppies for life!

Nicole C April 17, 2013 at 10:23 am

Yikes, running. I might be crazy and say uphill just to get it over with. I get instantly bored so concentrating on getting up might not make it so lame.

I was born in the tail end of 1981. I really don’t like how people are saying ‘oh this happened 20 years ago’ and that was 1993. I’m like 1993, that wasn’t so long ago but it IS. Oh sad face. As for toys, I still have a pretty big barbie collection and I still have my cabbage patch dolls. I’m not a hoarder, I swear. I don’t really remember too many toys unless I had a list in front of me. There was a lot of kickball in my life though.

Janetha April 17, 2013 at 10:27 am

you can come do the race for me :)

Nicole C April 17, 2013 at 11:21 am

Ooh, yeah..um I say down some 5 hour energy bottles and you won’t remember a thing. Just blaze on by haha. I will sign up to be the water girl. Or enthusiastic spectator (I’m no cheerleader)

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen April 17, 2013 at 10:25 am

Lately it seems that long, flat distances are much more mentally feasible for me, however if I go straight for too long I get super bored. I ran in a 10K over the weekend that was totally flat, but mentally it was difficult because it was a Neverland run: “straight on til morning” [ike that? just made that up ;)]. Yesterday I did mostly flat with a few short hills, and I went over 8 miles in a much better mental place, simply because I was turning. Strange how that works.

Janetha April 17, 2013 at 10:27 am

ahaha neverland run. I LOVE IT

Rachel April 17, 2013 at 10:37 am

I make my eggs the exact same way! I hate when the yolk breaks. I love taking long walks to shake my legs out after a tough CrossFit class. It needs to warm up here in Montana though! We’ve been getting snow all week.

Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin April 17, 2013 at 10:56 am

Those eyelashes look so good! I have pretty long eyelashes but they are light, so I would be more interested in getting them died black than getting extensions. Luckily a swipe of mascara does the trick. Aaand I think I would rather run long distances on flat ground. The hills kill me!

Annette@FitnessPerks April 17, 2013 at 11:09 am

Your eyelashes look awesome!!

You’re going to rock those legs because, well, you have strong legs! Seriously–running & stuff like that is mostly in the MIND when you’re already fit. ANd you’ve got the mindset. You’ll be totally fine.

I would rather race flat & long distances, I think. Simply because I think it’s more enjoyable…..but a few hills here & there are kinda fun!

lindsay April 17, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I will never think of busters in the same now.. ouch. by butt and bust hurt..

cathy April 17, 2013 at 12:35 pm

1) Longer on flat
2) 1974. I had lite brite, cabbage patch dolls, strawberry shortcake dolls and my big wheel was my fave.
We did burpees at CrossFit yesterday and I thought they were bad, but apparently Busters make them look like a good time!

Janetha April 17, 2013 at 2:12 pm

haha for real!

emily (a nutritionist eats) April 17, 2013 at 1:01 pm

I keep going back and forth with eyelash extensions, but mainly want them! That is a really great price for fills, I haven’t seen anything that low here in LA. Sorry if you already answered this, but are they synthetic ones?

Janetha April 17, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Yep! Do they have them made with real hair…?

emily (a nutritionist eats) April 17, 2013 at 3:40 pm

I think it is mink…or something similar. More expensive but a friend of mine said the synthetic ones irritated her eyes so I was curious!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning April 17, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Ahhhh OMG that photo of the dogs- especially the guy in the middle with his (or her) mouth open!! I die.
I’ve never even heard of eyelash extensions, but sign me up! I’ll have to look into that one.
I was born in 1980. My favorite toys growing up were most definitely My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Barbies, my Huffy bike and scooter, a pogo ball, Cabbage Patch kids… and oh man, I just clicked on that link and remember SO many of those toys! FASHION PLATES!! YES!

Nicole @ FruitnFitness April 17, 2013 at 2:03 pm

I think it is so nice that your pups get to go to daycare and play all day while you guys are working! I think Bentley would love something like that. I would have said flat distances but after running my first half, a really hilly half, I have decided I think I like the hills. It changes up my pace, exertion level and almost makes it a little more fun!

BroccoliHut April 17, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Loving the beauty tips in this post–I’ve had my hair dryer for WAY too long, so I will have to look into the ceramic ones. I also LOVE your eyelashes. So pretty!
I would MUCH rather run long distances on flat ground. I’m pretty wimpy when it comes to tackling big hills.

sherice@foodieluvsfitness April 17, 2013 at 9:21 pm

when I first read your blog I was so excited to get the eyelash extensions but when I looked around in my area they are about $150 to get and then like $75 for the fills.. UGH!! BUT…. me being a licensed Cosmetologist and all, I do believe I can learn to do them and hopefully do them myself… eventually.

Your getting a really great deal and they look awesome!!

I was born in 1973 EEK…. 40 is creepyin up every so quickly,
my fave toys were.. my easy bake oven, green machine big wheel, shrinky dinks and I did have my fair share of Barbie pool parties in our utility sink we had in our laundry room.

Elizabeth M. April 17, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Those sleepy pup pics crack me up. Have you seen the Facebook page for George the sleepy basest hound? He makes me laugh so much, he just sleeps where ever he wants! I found it on dogster.com today and thought of Randy :)

Victoria April 18, 2013 at 9:10 am

Those relay legs look brutal! Time to start some hill repeats?? Good luck :D

Rory April 18, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Your eats are so so impressive. I don’t work out like you do at all. Actually, I’m trying to find a beginner strength training program to do at home. I only walk outside (trying to conquer ongoing chronic fatigue and extreme digestive issues/constipation that seem to be unsolved still). Eating a LOT all the time late late at night doesnn’t help either. Yipes. I tend to eat my meals and snacks all day long, then just “lose it” late at night. I need some kind of “cleansing ” meal plan, but nothing foolish, any links to a “cleanse” for me ? :)
Also, wanting to figure out a basic beginner program for someone like me at home…like monday – sunday…each day have something marked down “to do” but can’t seem to find anything. I’m not good with laying out basic programs. Easy yoga, walking (wish I could do more, but body and mind not cooperating), strength training…not sure how to arrange a full month at a time > I long for structure and goals to check off. Again, any tips let me know. Thanks.

Again, super impressed by your eats. I totally totally just attack the yogurt and 50 gram chocolate bars at night…hummus and BReAD all day. Yipes x 10. Ironically , I do eat well, most of the time…I just have been tired of the “good foods-bad foods” scenario and kinda giving it up and seem to want to let all hell break lose :)
Now if only I could fix the constipation (i.e little tiny goat pellets….NOT COOL janetha, not cool at all.)

And deli meat looks SO good. I long for that stuff but cant’ find any that is sensible. I recently stumbled upon an organic, hormone-free, nitrate free one…but the ingredient list still had “celery seed extract and celery seed juice” and I recently saw a report that they are actual nitrates in disguise.. DAMN my ever finding out about this hormone and organic, etc stuf….I think the stress is doing me more harm than just eating the damn food could ever do to be honest.

Trisha April 18, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Love your eyelashes! Mine are so blonde that they appear nonexistent. I should seriously consider getting extensions! Also, yay for the 80s! Especially ’83 babies. :)

Kimberly April 21, 2013 at 8:09 am

Can you tell me what the brand name of your ceramic hairdryer is? After reading your post, I really want one.

Stephanie Adams April 25, 2013 at 9:11 am

Can I ask a dumb question about your eyelash extensions? Can you still wear eyeliner, and if so, how do you remove it? I’ve been wanting to get extensions but I just can’t give up my eyeliner!

As much as I love everything about your blog, I have to admit that your doggie pictures are my favorite!!!

Janetha April 25, 2013 at 11:58 am

Hey! I don’t wear eyeliner on top, only on bottom.. but I am sure you still COULD. I just don’t. You remove it with a Q tip :) Thanks for reading!