yay, sunday.

by Janetha on April 14, 2013

in dogs,fun with friends

yo! hooooly long day! just now sitting down for the first time and it’s 10 PM. i packed a lot in to my day today and wanted to share!

things started bright and early-ish with a shower. even washed my hair. after getting ready i made my way to downtown salt lake city to meet some friends for amy’s birthday brunch. we were originally going to go to gracie’s, but realized we may need IDs since it’s a bar. not everyone had theirs, so we made a quick change of plans and went to market street grill.

IMG 7013

market street’s brunch is known for their ooey-gooey orange cinnamon buns.

IMG 7011

while sipping on coffee and snacking on buns, we gave amy her gift.

IMG 7014

as you may know, i work at a window company and we thought it would be funny to wrap up a vinyl window as a joke. we ended up making it cute and put photos in the grid sections. don’t worry, we also got her a gift card for her “real” present!

IMG 7018

i ordered two eggs over medium and got the only side that didn’t have cheese–sliced tomatoes. kind of boring and they wouldn’t even sub in fruit (not even if i paid more).. they’re very strict on substitutions! but we decided that my breakfast could be called a BELT (rather than a BLT)–bacon, egg, lettuce, tomato. ha!

IMG 7016

happy 25th birthday, amy!

IMG 7019

after brunch i headed to do my sunday grocery shopping. mandy wanted to join me and we decided to make a pit stop at lululemon before whole foods. i beat her there, so i basked in the sun while i waited. it may have been sunny, but it was also pretty chilly today! it was in the 40s.. i wish utah would warm up already.

IMG 7024

i am not going to show you my grocery haul this week, but i hit up whole foods and trader joe’s and got all the necessities. i will share this week’s dinner menu:

after putting away all the groceries, marshall and i spent some time tidying up the house. it’s a wonder that just two humans and two dogs can manage to mess the place up so bad. our clean house is always a work in progress.. haha.

after our chores, we took the pups over to the nearby park for a little exercise. (for them, not us.. we both took the day off from the gym today.) randy wasn’t interested in getting his photo taken…

Screen Shot 2013 04 14 at 10 07 22 PM

but i did manage to get the BEST PHOTO EVER of miss penelope jane! hahaha.. i am dying.

IMG 7043

after the park i whipped up a healthy dessert recipe that had been bouncing around in my brain for a few weeks. i will share it tomorrow.. it’s really good and REALLY easy!

next we headed up to my niece’s house to wish her a very happy 7th birthday and give her a card. for my nieces and nephews, we give them a dollar for every year they are. it is fun for them to get money and it’s easy for me since i really don’t know what kids love these days. happy birthday, izzy! she wanted cookies and punch for her celebration instead of cake–atta girl!

Screen Shot 2013 04 14 at 10 10 24 PM
(stolen from momma b’s instagram!)

next up was another trip to downtown SLC. marshall and i met up with kristen and rory to help them wrangle their three pups while they got their engagement pics! it had really cooled off by this time and i felt so bad because kristen was in a breezy summer dress. burrrr!

IMG 7046IMG 7048

the dogs were super cooperative and i am sure the photographers got some great shots. i can’t wait to see. and i really can’t wait for the wedding! i am so excited for them both.

we made it home a bit past seven and i was going to get started on dinner, but i realized there were a few key ingredients i had forgotten at the store earlier. i made a quick run to smith’s for the essentials and then came home and got to work on our very late dinner.

we had burgers, waffle fries (frozen alexia ones) and marshall had a side of annie’s mac & cheese. we had to eat our burgers sans buns, though… when i went to grab the sourdough bread to toast for the burgers, it was nowhere to be found. oh.. guess what?? randy managed to snake it from the counter while we weren’t home! uggghhh.. that rascal! he’s been really good lately thanks to daycare and trips to the park, but the bread must have been within paws reach and it probably smelled too good to resist. we were bummed, but laughed about it and had our burgers over salad instead. it was 9 o’clock by the time we ate, so i really just inhaled my dinner and didn’t bother with a picture.

i cleaned up the kitchen (like i said, a never-ending work in progress to keep this place clean!) and then FINALLY sat down to blog.

and now, here we are. whew.. what a day. but a very, very great day filled with friends, family, and good food!

hope your sunday was fabulous. here’s to another wonderful work week!

1. is it warming up where you live or are you still stuck in winter?

2. what’s on the dinner menu this week?

Lauren April 14, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Whew, what a day indeed! A wonderful full day though!

Sadly, in Chicago, it’s warming up for a day and then cooling off again. Spring is such a tease!! I’m DYING for warm weather, but it’s so close I can feel it!

Lisa April 14, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Phew, looks like a great day! I love when I end up having a jam packed day.
We finally had some nice weather today, which I made sure to enjoy to the fullest.
Oh my gosh, that really is the best dog picture ever. So perfect.
Have a great week!

Erica April 14, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Phew! Definitely a busy day. The window turned out so so cute! I love the more people are involving their doggies in their wedding/engagement pictures. I’m coming over for Greek salads tomorrow night :)

1. is it warming up where you live or are you still stuck in winter? Definitely warming, I’m sending good vibes your way!

2. what’s on the dinner menu this week? Burger topped salads, stir fry, vegetable soup, a dinner out with friends, pierogies!

Jen @nutcaseinpoint April 14, 2013 at 11:36 pm

We got a foot of snow last night. Yuck

I planned us having buffalo turkey burgers one night(I’d list every night’s menu, but that would get lengthy)

Nicole C April 14, 2013 at 11:47 pm

We turned the air conditioner today, it makes me sick. It’s only April. It’s been up one week and cool the next. I just want to keep the AC off as much as possible.

I suck at planning dinner and just shop like a European, every day. The store is a skip away from my house.

Love the photos, we just got some funny ones with roxy basically laying on my head of the couch. Funny little girl.

Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife April 15, 2013 at 5:38 am

those cinnamon buns look DELICIOUS!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles April 15, 2013 at 5:54 am

I don’t even know what the weather is doing here right now. We got snow for about 10 minutes on Saturday, but it’s supposed to go up to 19 (66) today. Needless to say, I’m happier with the latter!

MizFit April 15, 2013 at 5:59 am

now I wanna have a BELT for dinner!!
but its finally warm.
methinks I be grilling :-)

Linz @ Itz Linz April 15, 2013 at 6:46 am

st. louis weather is so crazy. we had a tornado last week (seriously), then it was in the 70’s, yesterday it hit 80, and this week itz going back down to 50’s and rainy. uggggh.

broccolihut April 15, 2013 at 7:17 am

Ha! Love the clever window gift!

It went from winter to summer here in North Carolina about two weeks ago. Just skipped over spring! I don’t mind too much, as I am much more tolerant of heat than I am of cold!

AnywAy, because it’s in the 80s here today, I’m making gazpacho for dinner tonight!

Anna @AnnaTheApple April 15, 2013 at 7:48 am

Oh my goodness those cinnamon buns!! They look like heaven.
And I adore that photo of your dog racing towards you, how sweet!
It is gradually warming up finally in the UK, but there’s still a lot of rain (but what’s new haha). Many of our meals will involve chicken this week as we roasted a chicken at th weekend. Delicious but a bit samey, but what can you do!

Tamara April 15, 2013 at 8:25 am

It’s been so cold (40s) and rainy here in SE Michigan! But today we’re finally getting some sun and it may get up to 70. Then more rain the rest of the week. I guess the May flowers need their April showers!

I hear you about the clean house being a work in progress… and for some reason I always get the urge to clean when I’m sick and can’t do anything about it! Yesterday I had some horrible sinus issues and everywhere I looked, the house was making me crazy. I did some dishes, but otherwise I just rested, because my body wouldn’t let me do anything else.

betty April 15, 2013 at 8:27 am

randy! haha how does he manage to get his little legs up there to get the bread? i know when yogi eats WHOLE PIZZAS off the counter its because he can almost rest his head on the countertops, standing on all fours.

and its funny you posted about the never-ending process of keeping a house clean.. because i said the SAME THING last night as i was doing dishes for the third time that day! i also said i wasn’t going to have anymore dogs, because im tired of dusting and vacuuming, but we all know thats a lie :)

Annie April 15, 2013 at 8:28 am

I feel your pain! It is snowing here with more snow tomorrow and Wednesday. Boo…

Annette@FitnessPerks April 15, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Wow, that is quite the day!

And dude, what is UP with SLC/UT?!?! I want hot weather & sun…..but maybe we’re suffering so that we get an amazing summer? yah? hope so.

those cinnamon buns look amaaaaazzzzing.

the delicate place April 15, 2013 at 1:03 pm

any day that starts with brunch is a good one to me! i usually eat eggs like every night during the week or get take out haha. i make my breakfast(if i eat any) and lunch every day so i don’t feel too bad about it. we did have grilled lamb chops yesterday that were pretty amazing!

Destini April 15, 2013 at 1:06 pm

We are currently being dumped on with 10cm of snow :( It feels like it is never ending. Feeling winter blues

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning April 15, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I THINK winter is over here- it’s been warm for the last week and it’s supposed to continue… but we’re only here for 10 more days and apparently Colorado doesn’t know that it’s spring already!
Ahhh there is nothing better than a running, flying-ear dog photo! Great shot!!
We’re trying to use up everything in the freezer, fridge and pantry for dinners. I’m not really good at that though, I just want to go buy more stuff.

Amy Renold April 15, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Wow, what a fun day! My sundays are stuffed with lots of laundry, cooking and dusting. There’s one thing that I really love though and that’s getting up late in the morning.

Lovely pictures and nice post :)