hi.

by Janetha on April 12, 2013

in dogs,meals,random rambles

oh, heyyy. it’s friday night and i am happily plopped on my couch watching the jazz game with my little fam.

life has been a little hectic lately as you may have gathered by my lack of posting.. but now it’s friday and i have a little spare time. awwww, yeah. i thought i would take a minute to pop in and say hi and rattle off a few random rambles about my day.

i went to the gym in the AM today! i went to the 7:15 GPP class, which made me slightly late for work, but it was worth having my time freed up later this afternoon (more on that in a minute.)

the workout today was unique. it’s called :30s bent-o/thrust-o. it was twenty minutes long and every thirty seconds we alternated between two movements:

• 5 thrusters @ 45 lbs
  • 10 bent over rows @ 45 lbs

the time it took to complete the reps was always less than 15 seconds, so there was enough time to rest between the movements. the workout whizzed by and was fairly easy.. but those thrusters sneak up on you. i know i will be hobbling around come tomorrow! they never fail to get my quads super sore. no other move does this. in fact, the GPP soreness scale has a level called “thrusto-sore” just because of those darn thrusters! but, guess what? i secretly like being a little sore. ha!

work today was pretty mellow. fridays at the office are usually pretty rad and relaxing. i love the people i work with! after lunch i had to run amanda to pick her car up from the shop and we made a puppy shopping pit stop…

IMG 6945IMG 6946

awwww! i think she’s going to snag this little schnauzer tomorrow! i sure hope so because that means i’d have a puppy to play with. i don’t get baby hungry (and, yeah, i hate that term…)–i get puppy hungry. i would have 82 of them if i could.

speaking of dogs.. that’s what my late afternoon was filled with! i went to the gym this morning so i could hit the dog park with a few friends and our six dogs!

IMG 6948IMG 6963

we went to tanner park in SLC. it’s an off leash dog park with a stream, trails, and plenty of pups! the dogs had a ball and i had a good time catching up with my pals.

IMG 6958IMG 6968

after a long day at daycare and a trip to the park, my two pooches were POOPED. they refuse to get off the couch.. sure sign they had a good time.

IMG 6981IMG 6979

we usually go out to eat on the weekends, but i am trying to eat out less. it’s expensive and we have food at home! i whipped up a quick chicken dinner that took under thirty minutes.

IMG 6985

i stuffed chicken breasts with artichoke tapenade and goat cheese, tacked them up with toothpicks, seasoned them with salt at pepper, then seared each side for a few minutes. i transferred the chicken to the oven and baked at 350* for about fifteen minutes while i prepped the rest. i steamed some cauliflower and i also made quinoa and tossed it with balsamic vinegar, fresh diced tomatoes, and trader joe’s mediterranean feta. this stuff is incredible.

IMG 6984

annnnd now, like i said, i am parked on the couch for the rest of the night. well, i’ll probably get up for some dessert.. but other than that? parked.

a couple other random tid bits…

target has these rad note pads at the dollar spot! I LOVE LISTS.

IMG 6982

my camera is broken and has been since february. i have to take the battery out every time i want to shoot photos. it’s annoying! anyone familiar with this error? google was no help.

IMG 6983

blend retreat is about a month away! you have to come hang out with me in park city.

550

we have been signing sponsors left and right.. silk just signed on as our cocktail hour sponsor. breakfasts are going to be provided by chobani, the laughing cow, and muesli fusion. GPP is doing a boot camp. onnit, attune foods, and justin’s peanut butter are doing snack breaks. PRO BAR is doing a hike. we have room drops and expo tables from SOYJOY, nature made, core power, the blue print cleanse, bob’s red mill, and many more. and then there are loads of fabulous swag bag sponsors.. i can’t even begin to list them all out. anyway, that’s just a little peek into what the weekend will include. click here to sign up! it’s may 17-19 in park city, UT. this should be the next vacation you take :)

okay, i’m done rambling now! hope your weekend is filled with fun and sun!

1. when and where is the next vacation you have planned or WANT TO plan? aside from blend retreat, i want to plan a trip to europe for august.

2. do you like having sore muscles? yes, yes. especially my hamstrings and chest, for some reason.

Heather @ Better With Veggies April 12, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Happy Friday night – sounds like your evening is a wild and crazy as mine (kinda nice, right!). :) I really need to plan the details of our Australia vacation…getting kind of close for having no hotels or details at all!

Christine April 12, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Penny and Randy are so cute! Speaking of dogs, I just moved toWoods Cross and need to find a new vet for my dog (probably someone in the Bountiful area). Can you recommend one?

Janetha April 12, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Welcome! We are neighbors! We actually go to Layton Veterinary hospital. They are amazing and moderately priced. My vet growing up and before we switched to Layton was Dr Joe Liljenquist at Animal Medical Clinic on 5th west in Btown.. AMAZING vet. But a little pricey.

Christine April 15, 2013 at 9:30 am

Thank you for the info! Although both my husband and I are from Utah, we’ve never really been to Woods Cross/Bountiful so we’re starting to get a feel for the area :)

Janetha April 15, 2013 at 9:37 am

I was born and raised in Bountiful, so if you ever have a question.. just ask! xo

Erica April 13, 2013 at 4:47 am

Sounds like a great Friday! I like morning workouts because having the afternoon off rocks. Yayy for lots of pup time. Hope someone has the camera answer for you.

1. when and where is the next vacation you have planned or WANT TO plan? uhhhhhh we’re going to a graduation in may. Thats our next “travel” No real vacations planned. Its hard at the age Kay’s at

2. do you like having sore muscles? heck yah

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance April 13, 2013 at 4:55 am

I am seriously getting so excited for Blend!! Cannot wait to meet everyone, and the lineup of sponsors is incredible. Thanks for all your work (and the other ladies) to organize this. :)

lindsay April 13, 2013 at 5:20 am

ONE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura @ RunningJunkie April 13, 2013 at 5:47 am

Sore muscles are the best! It lets you know that you kicked some ass during your workout!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 13, 2013 at 5:54 am

I’ve been eyeing those lists at target….haha! freaking love them! And I’m SO excited for Blend!!! I’ve got some crazy things potentially on the horizon in my life and hoping they don’t end up affecting blend or requiring me to buy a new plane ticket…eeps!

Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife April 13, 2013 at 6:29 am

aggggg that schnauzer is so adorable. reminds me of my little one! (:

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige April 13, 2013 at 7:04 am

LOL @ the term baby hungry – I’m not sure I’ve ever heard it, but how can one not think of someone gobbling up a baby when they say it?! Regardless, I know what ya mean. I’m not baby hungry either. Totally puppy hungry!
Also, hearing all those sponsors makes me wish I would have tried even harder at signing one for me! Boo. But yay for you :) Next year, next year fo sho.

Meg @ A Dash of Meg April 13, 2013 at 7:19 am

I’m a list lover too :D

I do have sore muscles! My biceps hurt from yesterdays workout!

I’m going to Barbados next week, too, but I’m also coming to Blend :D YAY!

Have a great Saturday <3

Julia @cookandburn.com April 13, 2013 at 7:24 am

I feel pretty lucky right now–my husband is planning a Hawaiian vacation for us for the end of May. It’s his surprise for our 5th anniversary; it’s really hard for us to get away since we have a blended family with 4 kids.
I’ve been working extra hard on watching my food and really cranking it out while exercising so I can look my best on the beach!
Yes, I like to be a little sore (I tell myself that’s how I know I did it right).

Jessy April 13, 2013 at 7:42 am

I have Canon EOS 1000D (Rebel XS) and that error frequently shows up. I believe it’s one of the most comment errors the camera has and there are various articles on it. I haven’t had much luck with any of it, though – I’m so used to it by now that I quickly take out the battery and put it in again when it happens. It’s indeed annoying!

Some links that might be helpful to you:

Rachel McIntyre April 13, 2013 at 8:27 am

Such cute dogs!

In May I’m off on a trip to Argentina, Chile and the US. Can’t wait!

I love having sore muscles too. Especially abs and arms.

Sarah (The Simple Dietitian) April 13, 2013 at 8:50 am

I’m the same exact way!!! While everyone is ooohing and awwwing over babies, I’m obsessing over dogs and cats…ha! Nothing gets me like a big ol’ happy dog face and a wagging butt. :mrgreen:

Also, I definitely like having sore muscles! I like waking up the next morning after a hard workout and really feeling it. :D

Happy Saturday to you!

Nicole @ FruitnFitness April 13, 2013 at 9:18 am

I love feeling sore after a workout! My boyfriend and I are trying to plan a cruise for this spring. There are great last minute cruises you can get, less than $200 for an all inclusive week on a boat in warm weather :)

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish April 13, 2013 at 9:28 am

The pictures of the pups totally encapsulate how I’m feeling this morning. Laaaazy! But I wouldn’t have it any other way. ;)

I’m SO excited for Blend! I’m going to search for flights today. :) Can’t wait to see Park City again; the last time I was sporting pigtails and jellie sandals.

Next vacation is probably Utah, but I’m hoping to squeeze in a quick trip to the Bay Area in the next few weeks. I’m in Boise right now, so I’m too close *not* to go!

Sarah Kay Hoffman April 13, 2013 at 11:25 am

I just “discovered” your blog. I couldn’t be happier. Do you still live in UT? I wish I could go to Blend Retreat…however, I will be doing the Park City Half. Are you?! I’m another “poopy” girl -> I’m sure you can guess that from my blog. So great to e-meet! You’re placed in my Reader. For good.

Janetha April 13, 2013 at 11:52 am

You have been in my reader for months! I really don’t comment on blogs, but I read every single one of your posts. I still live in Utah, Yep. I am not a big runner, so no half for me. I am doing a relay race in Moab, Utah next month. When is the Park city half? I would love to meet up!

Sarah Kay Hoffman April 13, 2013 at 11:57 am

Oh you just made my day! After stalking – I mean reading – your blog all night, I am confident we are so similar:) The Park City half is August 17. I’ll probably come like Wednesday or Thursday thru Sunday because my husband has to go there for work anyways:)

Kammie @ Sensual Appeal April 13, 2013 at 11:53 am

Aw I hope she gets the puppy! I have a miniature schaunzer and we’ve had her since my sophomore year of high school so she’s probably middle aged by noe but she is still super cute. She’s very frie fly and social and so nice. I don’t get to see her as much cause she’s at my parents’ but anyway yes. Schnauzers rock.

Corrie Anne April 13, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Love that soreness scale – I hadn’t seen it before. I like being perfect sore, but I’ve overdone it a few times when I’ve underestimated a workout! Hoping to plan at least a mini vacation for our anniversary in April!

Annette@FitnessPerks April 13, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Yessssss to BLEND! SO stoked.

I like being sore too! but not if it’s too long–then it gets wayyy annoying. hah. I like being sore in my abs & butt!

Sarah April 13, 2013 at 3:00 pm

I use the Mediterranean feta all the time in Greek salads, it is amazing! I’ll have to try it with chicken now too. I just moved and the closest TJ’s is about 8 miles away (this is a big deal for me, I’m a city girl – never had to drive more than a mile or two for a store I want!), so I haven’t gone yet, but it is on my to-do list for tomorrow!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats April 13, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Your dogs are too cute!

That chicken dish you made sounded delicious.

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie April 13, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I love having sore muscles after a workout! It really makes me feel like I accomplished something!

Maren April 13, 2013 at 4:04 pm

You better believe Salt Lake City is going to be my next vacation!! CANNOT WAIT!!

Zoya April 13, 2013 at 7:05 pm

I just bought those lists yesterday! Haha nice to know that I’m not the only list nerd :)

Chatelaine April 13, 2013 at 7:45 pm

We leave for Peru in 2 weeks!!!!! So excited. For the rest of the year we’ll try for some small trips to see family and friends spread across the US.

Love having some slightly sore muscles. Lets me know I’m always working past my comfort zone. No need to plateau.

Bria @ Yoga with Bria April 13, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Ahhh, I wish I could go to Blend, but I’m hosting a retreat of my own that week…a Yoga retreat in St. Lucia!
So many trips I’d love to take. Italy this summer, and am eyeing India for next year. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :-)

Julie April 13, 2013 at 10:52 pm

I love being sore. I’m a little oversore now though. It’s almost painful. :(

My next trip is to BLEND! I can’t wait for it.

Also, your meal looks fantastic. I want to eat it. And now I have to go by Target for those lists!

Linz @ Itz Linz April 14, 2013 at 6:59 am

can’t wait for blend! that’s my next vacay! :) :) besides that – nothing is planned! i’m sure we’ll spend some time at innsbrook this summer (it’s kind of like a nice resort-ish area in Missouri) with my family.

Beth @ Mangoes and Miles April 14, 2013 at 7:24 pm

So many cute puppies in such a small space. It’s beautiful.

My family and I are planning on going to Yellowstone over the summer! I’m super excited, because the last time I was that far west in the U.S. was when I was 4! I also really want to attend a blogging conference at some point this summer, but I don’t think I’ll have the time :(

I have a love-hate relationship with sore muscles. I love the fact that I know I pushed my body and challenged myself. I hate the fact that sometimes it’s so bad it hurts to do simple things…like walk. Or get out of bed. Which makes getting out of bed infinitely more difficult.

Janetha April 14, 2013 at 10:21 pm

i LOVE yellowstone! you will have so much fun!

Gina B April 15, 2013 at 6:56 am

Love having sore muscles, except when I want to run the next day. I have a hard time running through the pain, but will spin or cross train instead, so it’s all good!

betty April 15, 2013 at 8:35 am

wah i want to go to blend but i have a work conference that week in chicago :( hopefully i’ll be able to do next year.. i want to meet you!

question.. how does your leather couch hold up since the dogs use it pretty frequently? we have microfiber and wont be getting one anytime soon, but leather it obviously much easier to clean. my dad’s leather couches at home are all scratched up from their jack russell jumping onto the house.. not sure if that would happen with out pups or not?

betty April 15, 2013 at 8:39 am

and ive already looked up places to go since costa rica.. but now i dont have someone to ask a million questions! haha i’m thinking maybe belize or panama.. i just want to move to costa rica.. seriously.

Melissa April 15, 2013 at 9:06 am