hi! happy sunday.
i just finished putting away my groceries. while i love grocery shopping with a passion, i absolutely hate putting it all away! kinda like laundry–hate putting that away, too. because i was reluctant to get it done, i took my sweet time putting it away and snapped some photos so i could share my purchases with you. i went to brunch at porcupine with some friends and then stopped at trader joe’s and whole foods on my way home. i didn’t have a list made out or any meals planned for the week, so that lead to some unnecessary impulse buys and a lot of random items ending up in my cart!
- apples (pink cripps and braeburn)
- onions (red and yellow)
- precooked chicken breast
- ground beef
- ground turkey
- herbed deli turkey
- sourdough bread
- ezekiel bread
- alexia frozen garlic bread
- pizza dough
- tempting trail mix
- edamame crackers
- animal crackers
- tortilla chips
- chobani tubes
- simply sweet chai concentrate
- french vanilla coconut milk creamer
- red pepper tomato soup
- lentil soup
- enchilada sauce
- diced green chiles
- marinated mediterranean vegetables
- taco shells
- refried black beans
- dry black beans
- cream cheese
- egg salad
- dog treats
since i didn’t make time to plan out any new dinners this week, i defaulted to five of our favorite things. this menu is super typical for us. i usually try to throw one or two new things into the week, but sometimes it is nice to fall back on what i know we like.
dinner meal plan.
- sunday: crunchy tacos (made with ground beef & frontera key lime cilantro skillet sauce) and refried black beans
- monday: pizza with pepperoni, mediterranean vegetables, and goat cheese and a side salad
- tuesday: spinach linguine (trader joe’s brand) with turkey marinara and steamed asparagus
- wednesday: BFD! bacon, eggs, and potatoes
- thursday: turkey & goat cheese paninis and soup
- friday: wing it.. maybe we will go out. maybe we will eat fruity pebbles.
- saturday: out to eat.. we are going to see adam carolla and dr. drew!
hope you all have a great last week of march!
1. what are you having for dinner this week?
2. would you rather put groceries away or laundry away?
xo. janetha g.