eleven wednesday randoms.

by Janetha on March 6, 2013

in eating out,random rambles

only wednesday?

this week is dragging for me. not sure why. maybe it’s the lack of sleep and the fact that i feel a stye in my eye coming on and the weather can’t decide if spring is almost here or not and the fact that i have three loads of laundry to fold but don’t want to. <—i excel at run on sentences.

anyway, yeah, this week is dragging.. so a list of random things seemed like a good idea for a post tonight. lists are always a good idea! and if you disagree.. well.. you’re wrong.

1. we had cobb salads last night. we eat them often, but for some reason i always have a hard time recalling the exact makeup of ingredients to make a cobb salad.

This was #dinner! #yum  #cobbsalad #latergram

but, guess what? i discovered a super easy way to remember the ingredients EVERY time—with an acronym! (thanks, wikipedia.)

behold:

ahh! isn’t that awesome? granted, i am way more into acronyms than the average joe or jane, but you have to admit that’s a pretty sweet mnemonic device.

we didn’t have blue cheese, so we used feta and goat cheese. and we took advantage of BOTH the “o” options with green onions and olives.

2. i related to every single thing on this list. i guess that means i am a grown up, right? at least kind of, sort of? ewwww. sad.

3. this punography list i saw on facebook had me laughing. i love a good pun!

4. i had a lunch date today. we were going to try cafe supernatural, which is a new spot with an entirely plant-based, gluten-free menu. that plan didn’t roll over too well with the homies, so we went next door to our default, desert edge pub.

i had a caesar salad minus the caeser (it had dairy).. and plus a whole bunch of other stuff. this was the most loaded caeser salad in town. polenta, potatoes, broccoli, croutons.. this thing was delicious. also had a side of focaccia bread.

5. the only downfall to not eating at cafe supernatural is that i didn’t get to try one of the fresh pressed juices on the menu. i had really worked up a beet juice craving, so i stopped at luna berry on my way back to the office and snagged a juice to go. extra beets, please and thanks. i like beets. and they taste like dirt. craving satisfied!!

6. i said i like beets and that they taste like dirt. do you think the fact that i ate dirt as a kid has anything to do with me loving beets? hmmm. maybe so.

scan0001

yum.

7. sooo… i have decided to give the new clothing line, ellie, a chance. i have seen so many of you talking about how much you LOVE the clothes.. and so now curiosity has gotten the best of me! i am a sucker for workout clothes and i can’t stay away! (FYI, ellie used to be pv.body (read my review here) and then switched.) while i was a little irritated at the sudden switch at first, i think that the new concept is legit. back when it was pv.body, you filled out a style profile and items were shipped to you according to your preferences. the downside to that was you didn’t get to pick the pieces, so you may end up with something you don’t dig.. which lead to returns and waiting and a lot of blah blah blah.

however, the deal with ellie is you get to PICK a top and a bottom from the collection of the month. this takes the risk out of wondering if you’re going to like what you receive or not. the price is still $49.95 a month for two pieces (which retail between $35-$60 each). another cool thing is if you don’t want a monthly subscription, you can just purchase individual items from the website like regular shopping. i like the way it works!

i ordered off the february line but haven’t received my outfit yet. i am already eyeballing the march line–it looks super cute. the theme is “the little black collection”, so everything is black. oh! my favorite color to wear. yay.

if you are interested in trying out ellie yourself, you can click here to get 20% off your order. once i try ellie on for size, i will let you know the verdict!

8. you know how i said that the weather can’t quite decide if it’s almost spring or not? well.. it was pretty flippin’ nice today. so nice that we ran outside for the workout, sprung.  i think neil named it that with the phrase “spring has sprung” in mind.. but i think he’s getting a little too ahead of himself. there’s snow in the forecast. i guess i won’t break out the tank tops and flip flops just yet. whomp, whomp.

9. these are GOOD. seriously. i impulse bought them at harmon’s the other day and dove head first into the bag tonight while making dinner (i couldn’t wait!) anyway.. try them. or don’t.. you’ll eat the whole bag.

IMG 5806

10. i received a special shipment from my friends at chobani today. the package included the new flip cups and a cute spoon to eat them with. i have been looking for these flips for forever! i can’t wait to try them.. particularly the key lime and almond coconut flavors. yum and yum.

IMG 5804IMG 5805

thanks, chobani!

11. DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME IS THIS WEEKEND. didn’t that just creep right up on us? no? just me??

2. what was (is?) your most recent craving?

p.s. just saw that marshall folded the laundry. what a keeper.

Mandy March 6, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Homies haha!!! I ate an entire mason jar full of potato bugs that my sister had been collecting! Don’t judge!

Janetha March 6, 2013 at 9:10 pm

omg i just died

Becky @ The Heart of Life is Good March 6, 2013 at 9:12 pm

1. Don’t think I ate anything too weird as a kid. I do recall almost eating dog poop once (I was like 3) and my Dad running towards me just in time.
2. Craving a peanut butter and banana sandwich real bad. But I don’t have bread and don’t have pb. (Sin against humanity)

PS–thanks for the heads up on daylight savings time! Totally didn’t even realize that!

kendra @ kennygump March 6, 2013 at 9:28 pm

that signs you’re growing up thing was hilarious. and so true. i used to eat used gum off the street or wherever i could find it. looking back, where was my mom and why wouldn’t she just throw down a few cents for a fresh pack for me? gross.

Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness March 6, 2013 at 10:01 pm

I love eat cobb! The key lime Cho sounds amazing! When I was younger I would almost always eat snacks at the barn while grooming the horses. My mom would always freak out and try to force me to use hand wipes. Oh well, the dirt didn’t hurt me!

Carly @ Snack Therapy March 6, 2013 at 10:07 pm

I love lists. They’re the best way to wrangle in my crazy, random thoughts. And I love puns. Everyone loves puns. I’m glad you shared that article. I would have been PUNishment to keep that from us. (Oh man, that was BAD.)

Lisa March 6, 2013 at 10:20 pm

I love your random posts you break out.
I kind of ate weird things as a kid…well, I guess compared to now. Just plain pasta, plain white bread (never with anything on these things), just plain. Potatoes. Um, that might have been my whole diet for 5 years. Somehow I’m alive to see this day.
Ah, I love acronyms. I’m so in that boat with you. I’m like this weird number nerd. Such a sucker for that stuff!

Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills March 6, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I’ve had the sweet potato kettle and the regular sweet potato chips and they were both so yummy! i also have a bag of bbq sweet potato chips that i haven’t opened yet and now i want to buy the salt and pepper ones! didn’t know they had them but they sound good! can you tell i like the sweet potato flavor? :)

Kelly March 6, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Hi Janetha. I don’t normally comment on blog posts, however, I couldn’t help but speak up about Ellie. I originally signed up with them (pvbody) through your post. I never received the 20% off. LOONGGG story short, after months of emails, phone calls, FB messages, letters, etc., I was finally refunded for my December and January orders TODAY. I can’t even begin to explain how horrible they were to work with. I have cancelled my account. I hope you (and anyone else) who decides to sign up has a better experience then I did, but I had to throw out a warning. If you go to Ellie’s FB page (and p.v.bodys FB page), you’ll notice that the majority of comments are complaints. Sorry to be a debbie downer on Ellie. The clothes are cute, but not worth the hassle. Thanks for listening, err reading?! :)

lindsay March 7, 2013 at 4:51 am

that’s what i have heard too. I had a great experience, but i think i just got lucky. Hopefully the company will get their act together soon. THanks for sharing kelly

Stacey March 7, 2013 at 6:41 am

I had the same experience with an exchange/return. I finally canceled my subscription because I was fed up. The stuff is a bit pricey (for me – I like TJ Maxx and Marshalls for my workout gear).

Janetha March 7, 2013 at 9:20 am

You are not a debbie downer! I think that it’s important to know these things. I am going to give them a chance because several of my friends have told me how they LOVE the quality of the clothing.. so I want to see for myself and then make a decision if I want to be a member or not. Thank you for the feedback on your experience! It’s very helpful.

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats March 7, 2013 at 12:37 am

The reason I don’t like beets is because I tihnk they taste like dirt :) haha

I can’t wait for chobani to bring those out to Australia. they only just released their yoghurt in general here so looking forward to more of their stuff.

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance March 7, 2013 at 3:18 am

omg, I cannot wait to send the pun-ology to my Dad. He’s the kind of using puns . . . he’s going to love it. Hope you like the Ellie line. I was happy with my first order.

Erica March 7, 2013 at 3:41 am

That cobb salad looks pretty darn fantastic. Ellie is great. Honestly, I’m obsessed with the capris they sent me. They fit perfectly and don’t move around (heaven).

1. did you eat anything out of the ordinary as a child? glue? dog food? dirt, like me? Nothing really odd- just was pretty darn picky (which I guess is normal ;))

2. what was (is?) your most recent craving? peanut butter

coco March 7, 2013 at 3:43 am

I’m craving your cobb salad, I never remember the ingredient list, now I think I’ll remember! Thanks for the awesome tip! :)

lindsay March 7, 2013 at 4:50 am

i’ll eat dirt with you anytime. Actually beet and cayenne and ginger are delicious.
And i like my line of ellie. Crap I need to review it soon. I keep forgetting. But I feel as if the company is still working out kinks. The line is GREAT! I got my clothes fast and the right sizing. But i hear that others have had no such luck. So… hopefully it’s just a matter of time till they get it all situated.

BUT, nothing beat the wunder unders

Sara March 7, 2013 at 5:36 am

A dyslexic man walks into a bra. Ohmyheck! I was laughing so hard… Love me some puns!

This is gross, but as I kid I ate my blankies. Really. I had one blankie that entirely ingested. My second pink blankie, which I still have, I chewed off the satin edging and all that’s left is a chewed up semi-rectangle with holes. Fiber! I never sucked my thumb or used pacifiers, I had a blankie.

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles March 7, 2013 at 6:24 am

I absolutely forgot about daylight savings time…thanks for the heads up!
I don’t remember if I ate weird things as a kid, but if working in a daycare taught me anything, it’s that kids like to eat dirt. Really, really like to eat dirt.

Sierra March 7, 2013 at 7:02 am

I loved grape cough syrup as a child…clearly not the best thing to REALLY want to eat.

Major pho craving…random, but it’s gaining momentum.

Nicole March 7, 2013 at 7:29 am

I am also an Ellie subscriber (started when it was PV Body). I love the clothes, but their shipping leaves a lot to be desired. It literally takes a good month for me to get my outfit. I need instant gratification! Hopefully they will speed up shipping soon. Like I said, though…I do love their clothes!

Ashley @ Quasichick March 7, 2013 at 7:37 am

That cobb salad looks amazing and I really want to try the new Chobani yogurts! Haven’t checked out Ellie yet but I am intrigued…may have to do that soon!

Meghan @ After the Ivy League March 7, 2013 at 8:43 am

I’m a total sucker for acronyms and puns too, that’s a good one for cobb salads!

the delicate place March 7, 2013 at 8:49 am

mmmmm gimme that cobb salad! mmm carrot ginger beet is one of my fave combos to make for myself though it’s so messy so i stick to letting others make it and i’ll buy it ha.

i was a boring and picky eater…one of my faves was to eat ‘grumps’ or grapes ;) most recent craving…anything super salty…i want larb gai (this spicy/salty chicken salad thing) that a local thai place makes near me. mmmmm delivery this weekend for sure!

Linz @ Itz Linz March 7, 2013 at 9:14 am

this week is totally dragging!!!!!!! when i was a child i used to like to taste play-doh lol

Annette@FitnessPerks March 7, 2013 at 11:23 am

I LOVED the punology. You had me laughing good. :) I am a nerd.

And my grandma loooooved beet juice–she was so adamant that it’s amazing for the digestion & every inch of our organs. Hehe.

I WANT Spring!!

julie March 7, 2013 at 11:43 am

can i tell you i’m going through an INSANE bacon phase right now – like its a little over the top. i can’t help myself! anyways i never remember cobb salad ingredients – i feel like they’re different everywhere!

Cassie @RedLetterDaye March 7, 2013 at 12:34 pm

When I was a kid, my mom used to scold me for sneaking raw hotdogs out of the fridge and eating them cold. I know they’re cooked, but how gross!

Liesl March 7, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Ellie has been sending me their emails, and I kind of had my eye on the March line as well. Some of the items are SO cute!! Can’t wait to hear your review on what you think of it.
And your cobb salad looks wonderful!

jodie March 7, 2013 at 8:45 pm

I ate chapstick.

Momma b March 7, 2013 at 11:00 pm

I’m laughing at this one!! I ate cold or frozen butter. Then I even resorted toarhsrine mixed with sugar…wow best snack ever!!

Puns are terrific!!

Love you …you little dirt devil!!

xoxo

Allison @ Life's a Bowl March 8, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I’m totally pinning that cobb salad chart and the punography list – total geek :P I never really ate anything too strange as a child [that I can remember] but when I was first diagnosed with iron deficiency the doctors always asked if I ever ate chalk, dirt, or excessive amounts of ice – which I thought was strange!

calee March 9, 2013 at 8:57 am

eat cobb = brilliant

and if beets taste like dirt, then i need to eat more dirt. it’s way cheaper than beets are. ;)

jessiker March 12, 2013 at 8:16 am

EAT COBB!!!! Amazing. Also, that photo of you eating dirt is awesome.