sundays are meant for a few things.
staying in sweatpants all day.
i took advantage of my lazy sunday morning to create these protein-packed, chocolaty coconut banana pancakes. i love being able to use my day off to spend time in the kitchen doing what i love.
chocolate coconut banana protein pancakes
prep time: 5 minutes, cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 scoop onnit hemp FORCE chocomaca protein powder (this is 1/3 serving since a serving is 3 scoops)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 50g ripe to over-ripe banana, mashed (this is half of a medium banana)
- 2 TB coconut flour
- 3 TB almond milk
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- whisk together all ingredients in a bowl.
- heat a griddle to 325* or a pan over medium-high heat. coat with cooking spray.
- pour batter into three pancakes on preheated cooking surface.
- cook each side for about 2 1/2 minutes.
- top with additional banana slices and coconut slices, if desired.
here are the stats for the entire recipe (pre-toppings):
like i said, lots of protein and lots of fiber. lots of flavor, too! i love the hemp protein powder.. it’s delicious and nutritious! and it is the perfect ingredient for pancakes.
what does sunday mean for you?
xo. janetha g.