random nuggets.

by Janetha on March 1, 2013

in random rambles

no, i am not talking about the chicken variety of nuggets. i am talking about random bits and pieces of info that are floating around in my brain and i have decided to type them all out into a blog post. a random blog post.

first of all, happy march! and not only is it march.. it’s also a palindrome day.

I LOVE IT. well aware of my nerdiness on loving numbers and palidromes (and acronyms and alliteration, for that matter..)

also, exactly three months from today marks thirty years of my life here on earth. eep. i still feel 24.

second item of business: my brother lives an extreme life and has brushed shoulders with death time and time again (snowboarding, wakeboarding, etc) but yesterday he had a scary near-death experience that he didn’t even see coming!

umm. yeah. he was driving down parley’s canyon and a BOULDER fell off the MOUNTAIN and hit his truck while he was driving! i mean, i have heard of that sort of thing happening, but i’ve never actually known anyone it happened to. the giant boulder first smashed into the speed limit sign (knocking it down) and then right into the extended cab of his truck. scary! so, so glad he is ok!

so.. riddle me this:

thoughts?

moving on..

it’s national peanut butter lover’s day! i know a couple of peanut butter lovers. they live with me.

IMG 6584

they aren’t picky, though.. it doesn’t have to be peanut butter. they will go for almond butter or sunflower seed butter or even straight up butter!

speaking of my little monsters.. they really made it hard to get out of bed this morning. i mean, doesn’t this just melt your peanut butter lovin’ heart?

pr 005

i decided to make optimal use of randy’s big basset hound ears. may as well.

pr 010

softest blanket ever. with a built-in heater. although it woke pen up and she wasn’t amused.. you can see it in her eye.

are you in the market for a kettlebell? well, good news. my fave supplement company, onnit, just released a whole line of high quality KBs!

the cool part is they are super affordable. if you are just starting out with kettlebell training or are thinking of testing the waters, you can snag this starter kit for only $64.95 and you get THREE kettlebells! that’s amazing.

they also have some awesome kettlebell tutorials and workouts on their site.

this is old news, but in case you are late to the party.. you gotta watch this post-oscars interview with jennifer lawrence. she’s so damn cute.

haha. makes me laugh.

you know what else makes me laugh? this parody about instagram. YES. ALL OF IT. so accurate. and i am so guilty. i PROMISE it is worth clicking over. you’ll die. thanks to candice for sharing it with me.

well, that includes my random nugget brain dump. oh, wait! make sure you enter to win that bike! you have until sunday night to do so.

ok, THAT concludes it.

three cheers for the freakin’ weekend! i need it! and luckily i don’t have any plans. ahhh.. the best kind of weekend, for sure.

Q~

what is a random nugget (or two) floating around in your brain?

natalie @ will jog for food March 1, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Your doggies are so cute!

What has been in my head today is why nobody seems to drive even one mile over the speed limit where I live. Very annoying.

Erica March 1, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Those pictures of your dogs! MELT! They’re the cutest. SO glad your brother is OK- crazy town.

Random nugget: Josh and I just took a single male friend food shopping (he had lasik and can’t drive). He purchased cheezits, lunch meat, chips, beer, soda, blueberries & chobani and declared he had everything he could possibly need.

Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness March 1, 2013 at 6:34 pm

I love pictures of Penny and Randy, they are too cute! I love how they are snuggling together while sleeping :) I have been thinking a lot about how I would like my stomach to start feeling better. Also thinking how excited I was to get the Cliff bars in the mail today!

Kellie March 1, 2013 at 7:02 pm

That video is hysterical! (And I’m so guilty LOL)

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean March 1, 2013 at 7:04 pm

totally agree. it’s only hummus to me if there are chickpeas in it!

kendra @ kennygump March 1, 2013 at 9:25 pm

that instagram video was hilarious!!! yesterday the little boy my friend watches was stuck in a funny position on the back of a chair and we were laughing at how she wished she could have snapped a pic before getting him:)

Lili March 1, 2013 at 11:41 pm

That video is awesome.. I always love the random posts, they are funny,, I’m I don’t have cable. A lot of my entertainment is blog reading lol.

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance March 2, 2013 at 4:36 am

Just the pictures of the aftermath of what happened to your brother freak me out. That’s no joke. Eek.

Thanks for the kettlebell link–I might check that out and/or forward the info to the guy who owns my gym. I’d love to have access to some kettlebells!

Sara March 2, 2013 at 5:59 am

I love JLaw and want to be her friend. She’s awesome! My random nugget: I’m getting ready to go run a race outside in the freezing cold and snow…. so I keep wishing I had a hoover board so I can just jet through the snowflakes. ha!

So glad your brother is okay!

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie March 2, 2013 at 6:49 am

seeing your little “nuggets” makes me want to get a puppy for my 7 year old because they are so cute! (ok. just for a second haha)

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 2, 2013 at 7:17 am

So why is hummus not considered bean dip too? Just a thought.

Addy @ Six-Kick Switch March 2, 2013 at 11:22 am

Wow, Janetha, so glad your brother is all right! Not that it compares, but I almost got in an accident with a tumbleweed the other day :) In my defense, it was huge.

natasha March 2, 2013 at 1:21 pm

My random nugget this week was: Why is it called Happy Hour when it’s from 3-7pm? Shouldn’t it be Happy HourS? Is it only one of those hours that’s Happy and how will I know which one?

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail March 2, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Cooper celebrated National PB…and I sorta did too! I love love Pen and Ran–makes me want to get a buddy for Coop, though I think I will wait till after the baby!

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily March 2, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Your dogs are SO dang cute! We puppy sat my mom’s shih tzu’s last week and they were the best snugglers ever.

Candice March 2, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Thanks for the shout out! I was in serious tears watching that video!
nugget of info? Why my friends don’t like coconut kisses?..

Erin @Axell's Kitchen March 2, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Ahhh I love her…And that instagram video makes me laugh every time I watch it. Sweet pups always make it hard to get out of bed!

julie March 3, 2013 at 12:33 pm

haha i totally thought of you the other day with the palidrone day!! also the instagram video is like the story of my life #sadbuttrue

Holly Waterfall March 4, 2013 at 10:19 am

ok, I just have to say that I’m in LOVE with that jennifer lawrence interview and have gone back to watch it more than once just so I can LOL at that exact clip you have posted up there. She’s just so real, and I love that about her… not common these days in Hollywood!
The farewell to my 20’s is also right around the corner… exactly 6 months today. i go back and forth between being cool with it and holding on to the doorframe kicking and screaming.
And a side note… yesterday my wife and I were at craft sabbath ordering our first set of peachtreats… flipping through her album, I was like, “hey! I know her!” (lol, as if we were bffs or something) Tif informed me you guys have been friends for ages. Sure do love me some peach treats!

Janetha March 4, 2013 at 11:22 am

Awww that’s awesome! I really wanted to get to Craft Sabbath yesterday but couldn’t pull my butt outta bed in time! Glad you picked something up :)

Annette@FitnessPerks March 4, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I LOVE J-Law. She rocks & she is TALENTED. Someone in Hollywood who is down to earth & talented? Amazing.

betty March 4, 2013 at 5:57 pm

1. i use scouts ears as a blanket sometimes. so warm and so soft. penny isnt as pleased as i usually am.
2. that IG nickleback parody was the best. i actually laughed out loud.