three things thursday.

by Janetha on February 21, 2013

in humor,meals

hey, guys! welcome to thursday evening.

for those of you who were avid readers of melissa nibbles, i don’t want this title to get your hopes up. back in the day, she used to post three things thursday every week that included three things that were getting on her nerves that week. it was always good for a laugh and i miss her blog dearly.

my three things thursday aren’t rants.. they are just random things in list form, because that is what i do best: random and lists.

1. society6 has THROW PILLOWS now.

i already LOVE society6 for their high-quality phone covers and affordable canvases.. and now they have to come at me with THROW PILLOWS?

society6 is a website that takes artists’ artwork and puts it on stuff for you to buy. like t-shirts and laptop skins and, now apparently, throw pillows.

can i just order them all and put 1,632 pillows on my bed and sleep forever? is that acceptable?

i especially love this one and this one and this one and this one and this one and even this one. decisiveness was never my strong suit.

Visit Twin Peaks Throw PillowOcean Meets Sky Throw PillowThe Best Is Yet To Come Throw Pillow

That January Feeling Throw PillowTonari no Totoro Throw PillowI'll Go Anywhere With You Throw Pillow

chances are if i know you and need to buy you a gift, you’re getting a throw pillow. just saying.

2. it’s national pancake day!

NewImage

i love following national food holidays! i found out through foodimentary that today was national pancake day. i had already eaten (well—drank) my breakfast (protein shake) so i decided i better have pancakes for dinner!

i am super stoked because i recently came across this lactose-free cottage cheese at sprouts market.

IMG 5492

i had been missing my very favorite protein pancakes, so i used this cottage cheese to whip up a batch for dinner.

3. this sh*t crossfit girls say video is funny.

that’s all i’ve got for tonight. happy friday tomorrow! yay.

1. what’s your favorite kind of pancake (and what goes on top?)

2. what was the last thing you laughed at?

Julie February 21, 2013 at 9:43 pm

I’ll have to try that lactose-free cottage cheese. Funny video – I’m trying out CrossFit next week!

lynn @ the actor's diet February 21, 2013 at 11:12 pm

man, i missed pancake day!

RainStorm February 22, 2013 at 1:49 am

I had pancakes for breakfast yesterday. With tinned pears on :)

I had assumed that the US would “celebrate” shrove Tuesday as Pancake Day. Am intrigued to hear that you have a separate pancake day :)

Theresa February 22, 2013 at 4:53 am

I love the video! Too funny!

Linz @ Itz Linz February 22, 2013 at 6:35 am

lol that crossfit video is HILARIOUS! best topping for pancakes?? SPRINKLES!! haha and protein frosting, of course!

Amanda @ Romancing the Unusual February 22, 2013 at 6:49 am

That video is so funny and the last thing I laughed at! Before the video, I’m sure the last thing I laughed at was one of my silly dogs.

Anne @ eatcleaneatreal February 22, 2013 at 7:08 am

Sweet, I had a protein pancake for breakfast and I didn’t even know!

The cross fit video is SERIOUSLY funny. LOVE IT!

Jenn - Girl Heroes February 22, 2013 at 8:16 am

I want that map pillow!!!! So cute!!!! That whale one is pretty rad too.

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe February 22, 2013 at 8:47 am

Woah, woah, woah… society6 has throw pillows?!! I’m inordinately excited about this. And the prices are great. Why are throw pillows always so expensive?

Janetha February 22, 2013 at 9:04 am

I know! I was pleasantly surprised with the price!

Nicole C February 22, 2013 at 9:36 am

Oh those pillows! The ‘best is yet to come’ and ‘I’ll go anywhere with you’ has my name all over them! I just wish the go anywhere one wasn’t
green because it reminds me how much money that will cost, sigh..

I’m not a fancy pancake eater, plain old pancakes with maple syrup. I do put protein powerder in the mix now, perhaps I can join that club..maybe.. :)

The last thing I laughed at was obviously that crossfit bit, but other than that, it was probably the Big Bang Theory last night. That show is just terrific.

Nicole C February 22, 2013 at 9:37 am

sure glad I type fast. otherwise i would have never spelled powder wrong.

Erica February 22, 2013 at 10:03 am

Those pillows are so cute! The owl is clearly made for you. Pancakes!!
1. what’s your favorite kind of pancake (and what goes on top?) Oatmeal- love the texture. I eat them plain or with fruit

2. what was the last thing you laughed at? Kaylin :)

Melissa February 22, 2013 at 11:57 am

I wish I could eat lactose free cottage cheese, I miss cottage cheese :-( I think even though I tested fine with dairy on my ALCAT, that it’s still a huge issue for me. I seem to be ok with small amounts of certain cheeses and thats it

Cassie @RedLetterDaye February 22, 2013 at 12:11 pm

OMG those pillows are great. Mental note for when I move in with the Beau in May….

Okay, what the heck is the deal with all these national pancake days. I swear there have been 2 already this year! Not that I’m complaining. Fave pancakes? Hmm, chocolate chip are always good, and Cafe Madison in Albany, NY (near me) has these wonderful oatmeal raspberry pancakes you can’t not order. I also once made apple cider donut pancakes for the bf that tasted like the real deal, but of course I was just throwing crap together in a bowl and still can’t replicate them….

Have you seen Jenna Marbles video this week about how to mildly annoy your dog? It’s hilarious and had me giggling the whole time. :)

Janetha February 22, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Going to go watch that JM! I haven’t seen that one but I love her! There was international pancake day, shrove tuesday, and pancake week. Pancakes everywhere, y’all

katecooks February 22, 2013 at 1:10 pm

thanks for the heads up about the pillows on society 6! i love that site!! perusing now :)

Danielle February 22, 2013 at 1:24 pm

This might sound stupid…but where do you find out all of these national days…like national pancake day! I think it would be fun to share these with my class… :)

Janetha February 22, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I just go to Google! There are a bunch of sites that offer up the info! Foodimentary.com is where I got this one.

jodie February 22, 2013 at 1:38 pm

I swear someone posted about pancake day like a week ago. Lol.maybe that one was international ;)

Plain pancakes w/plump blueberries and bananas. No topping.

Janetha February 22, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Yep, it was international!

Sarah (The Simple Dietitian) February 22, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I tried the lactose free cottage cheese when I was speculating lactose intolerance and totally loved it! It was a little sweeter than normal cottage cheese, but I liked it that way. :D

Also. Those pillows are adorable! I love ’em. :D

sherice@foodieluvsfitness February 22, 2013 at 1:53 pm

last thing I laughed at? The cross fit video!! “can we do these kipping” LMAO!!!

Lauren February 22, 2013 at 2:20 pm

I feel like we just celebrated National Pancake Day. Not that I am complaining in the least…I would celebrate this holiday every single day! Have a good weekend love!

Janetha February 22, 2013 at 3:17 pm

It was INTERnational pancake day. I thought the same thing so I looked it up!

Biz February 22, 2013 at 3:33 pm

OMG, that Cross-fit video kills! Thanks for sharing it!

I just made a new banana granola pancake using Chobani’s new banana yogurt – they turned out amazeballs, and only 95 calories each. I had three for breakfast and I didn’t eat lunch for six hours after I ate breakfast, even after working out for an hour!

Happy Weekend!

Janetha February 22, 2013 at 6:19 pm

I read that post earlier today! (Read your posts every day in my reader) Starred it for that recipe, actually! They looked so dense and delicious.

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 22, 2013 at 7:39 pm

My dad found that cottage cheese and bought it for me. Sadly, I had a bite and it made my tummy upset anyway. :(

Deb February 22, 2013 at 8:10 pm

Hilarious! I think NorCal is robb wolf’s gym. Swoon. Paleo god/nerd

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish February 23, 2013 at 12:35 am

Bahaha, LOVED the crossfit video! The sh*t series manages to hit every stereotype out there. Thanks for the Friday night laugh. :)

I need the ‘nope’ throw pillow. Story of my mornings! xoxo <3

haley February 23, 2013 at 5:26 pm

I have been having a major cottage cheese addiction lately! with saltines. i can’t get enough!