currently a copycat.

by Janetha on January 15, 2013

in random rambles

it’s my lunch break and i thought this would be a fun way to pass the time!

i stole it from lauren. such a copycat. such a survey sucker.

Current book(s): books? what are books? i am SO bad at reading books! i was on a roll there for awhile and read the dragon tattoo series (well, 2.5 of the 3 books) and then read gone girl (which i loved!) and.. then.. well.. no more books. i need to read more. when i was a kid, i read a book a day! no joke. of course, those books were a little easier of reads. babysitters club, anyone?

(source)

i hope to read a good book while i’m on vacation in a few weeks. any suggestions?

Current music: right now i am listening to itunes on shuffle. current jam happens to be “killercrush” by millencolin. i don’t expect the majority of you to know who that band is, but if you do.. we could be BFFs.

Current guilty pleasure: online shopping on bargain sites. just bought not one but two things recently…

these fairisle leggings (been wanting a pair!)

and these pumas (to be fair, my current gym shoes have holes in them)

Current nail color: chipped. is that a color? ha. actually, i caved and got a shellac manicure december 29th. it didn’t chip until just the other day. i am thoroughly impressed! and now i am chipping it away bit by bit out of bad habit. classy.

Currently 002

Current drink: water. all day every day. gotta stay hydrated!

Currently 001

Current food: it’s lunchtime, like i said, and today i am enjoying this tasty little number from trader joe’s. it’s a winner!

Current favorite show: guys, i don’t watch tv. i know. people always try to talk to me about whatever show they are watching.. and i can never relate! the only thing we watch in our house (besides sports and movies) is family feud. it’s true. other than that, we don’t watch any tv shows! we used to watch a lot of food network, dexter, and other series like weeds or game of thrones.. but even that stuff fizzled out. now it’s only family feud right before bed and sometimes we will let that spill over into jerry springer’s AWFUL game show called “baggage”—please tell me you have seen it? it’s such a bad game show, but marshall and i sometimes have a hard time looking away!

Current wish list: i posted a few (five, to be exact) things i am currently wishing for last friday. but how about one more?

Current needs: more sponsors for blend retreat! no, really, we need more sponsors. so if you have anyone in mind, let a girl know.

Current bane of my existence: my HOA! we have some missing siding and, as a result, our flipping house is leaking. they won’t respond to my several attempts to get a service tech out to fix the issue.. GAH.

Current celebrity crush: well, we watched ted the other night, and marky mark is looking mighty fine at the moment.

Ted, Mark Wahlberg(source)

Current indulgence: dark chocolate covered espresso beans from trader joe’s. I KNOW I SHOULD NOT BE EATING THEM. (remember—my coffee restriction?) but i seriously can’t help but have a handful of these each evening.

(source)

Current blessing: having a warm house and a warm car in these freezing temps. seriously, very blessed to have shelter.

Current slang: I LOVE SLANG! a few favorites… amaze instead of amazing. freal instead of for real. legit instead of legitimate.

Current outfit: here, let me show you how i casually pull off wearing pajama-like clothing and call it business attire!

Currently 003

lululemon extra long cool racer back, black leggings from target, black boots, and the oldest hoodie i own that has ratty sleeves but i refuse to get rid of it. it’s my fave.

Current excitement: dominican republic! i am leaving in two weeks!

Current mood: sleepy. lack of coffee will do that.. as will the afternoon slump. better than grumpy, right?!

Current link: i have a two links open in my browser right now aside from my gmail and myfitnesspal.com (i am tracking my protein this week.) those links are a post for 25 slow cooker recipes (it’s that time of year!) and the GPP site (just reading the comments from my GPPeeps and getting pumped for today’s workout!)

back to business! have a great rest of your tuesday.

1. current excitement?

2. current guilty pleasure?

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 15, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I had suggested EnergyBits reach out to you guys – did they?
And the Baby Sitters club books were awesome.

And finally, if I can divulge some secret information, when I first saw the title of this post it totally took me back to my “first band.” As a kid, my sister,cousins and I started a “music group” called ‘The Copy Cats” because we only sang (and danced!) to covers. HA!

Janetha January 15, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Love that story! So cute. And I believe Linds is working with EnergyBits!

Cait @ Chicago Girl Fitness January 15, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Current excitement: bought my wedding dress last weekend, so I’m still pretty excited about that :)

Man, I used to love those Babysitter’s Club books. I think I had all of them.

kristine January 15, 2013 at 3:22 pm

ummmm TOTALLY a copycat! i’m buying two pairs of leggings too!!!!!

kristine January 15, 2013 at 3:31 pm

and we just got Ted from netflix yesterday so we’re watching it tonight!!!

Carly @ Snack Therapy January 15, 2013 at 3:35 pm

The Babysitter’s Club and anything by Judy Blume (“Starring Sally J. Freedman as Herself” was a personal fave of mine).

Annette@FitnessPerks January 15, 2013 at 3:39 pm

I totally want to steal this survey. It’s a good one! I actually love the look of your outfit–hello comfy awesomeness!

Current excitement:
Current guilty pleasure:

p.s. just read “What Alice Forgot” and “the Happiness Project” and both were great!

Annette@FitnessPerks January 15, 2013 at 3:48 pm

awesome. hit send & wasn’t finished. haha.
excitement: going to bed tonight! I need sleeeeeeep.
guilty pleasure: eating chocolate in bed while reading a good book. I seriously need to sometimes just lie down wilst eating some really good chocolate. Not I am not kidding. ;) And yes I am an old lady. But dang, my body is tired by the end of the day! Hah.

Heather (Heather's Dish) January 15, 2013 at 3:48 pm

I was just thinking your hoodie looked super cute! I’m all about the comfort ;) We watched Ted the other night and Marky Mark was pretty awesome in it!

Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills January 15, 2013 at 4:11 pm

I never watch TV either so I understand! And I have been loving chocolate covered coffee beans lately too

Liz January 15, 2013 at 4:25 pm

MILLENCOLIN YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS Oh my god I haven’t listened to them in years. Twenty Two when I was 22? So much punk rock nerdiness.

melissa January 15, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I read all of the BSC books when I was a kid! I remember we’d go to the bookstore alot so I could stalk the next newest release!

Lauren January 15, 2013 at 4:53 pm

I am currently so stoked to be moving to Chicago for a few months. And my current guilt pleasure is the new obsession with The Bachelor I’ve seemed to develop.

andrea January 15, 2013 at 4:58 pm

what do you drink if you ever get sick of water

Janetha January 24, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I never do!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning January 15, 2013 at 5:33 pm

I emailed P28 again today. They are VERY SLOW to respond to emails. Ugh. I hope more sponsors come through- I’m going to try to tap into anyone I know (that I haven’t already asked!).
Dude. BSC was MY JAM when I was growing up. I too read a book a day. And I probably read every book in that series at least 3 times. Maybe 10. I also read all of the Sweet Valley Twins and High. Man.. good stuff!!
Remember the phone number to reach the BSC? KL5- something….
I watched Ted last weekend. SO hilarious. And SO wrong. SO my type of humor. :)

kendra January 15, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Book recommendations:
Jenny Lawson “Lets’ Pretend this Never Happened”
Caitin Moran “How To Be A Woman”

Current Excitement: Starting a new book, the possibilities!!

Guilty Pleasure: Singing along to my favorite King Diamond song “Tea”

Betty January 15, 2013 at 7:10 pm

We are def musical bffs. And raggedy sweaters/sweatshirts are better than brand new in my book! Glad you’re not so grumpy today, or maybe you are and just hide it well ;)

sherice@foodieluvsfitness January 15, 2013 at 7:55 pm

love your outfit.. very comfy!

My current excitement is.. me thinking about opening a second Etsy shop.. for all my wonderful body things but won’t be for a while..

My most current guilty pleasure was a container of chocolate covered orange jellies from Trader Joes.. Thankfully my son took them and ate what was left.. sad to say about 1/4 of the container

Yana January 15, 2013 at 8:07 pm

If you haven’t read it yet, the Hunger Games trilogy is perfect for vacation.

A teaspoon of chocolate walnut pecan butter and half of a banana was my guilty pleasure for today. And I payed for it in calorie over-consumption. Getting all that protein in and staying within 1250 calories doesn’t leave any space for anything but functional foods.

Currently excited about completing several chin-ups this morning with almost no jumping.

Maren January 15, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I love lists! Holly sent me The Marriage Plot. I should send it to you! I will try my best to get it in the mail before you go on vaca. I’m gonna warn you, it’s a little beat up. I carried it with me EVERYWHERE on our honeymoon! It was such a good book! xo

Cheri Z January 15, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I’m currently reading Tarquin Hall’s “Vish Puri” mysteries. They take place in India, and I’ve loved them.

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome January 15, 2013 at 9:32 pm

I bought those leggings from an online site but I don’t think it’s the same one pictured. They are very thick and warm but they were supposed to be one size fits all and they go up almost to my knees! Not one size for tall folks! Fun survey!

Coco January 15, 2013 at 9:42 pm

I love those chocolate covered espresso beans.. so addicting!

Linz @ Itz Linz January 16, 2013 at 5:18 am

omg i used to ADORE the babysitter’s club book! i would read them over and over and the movie?! oh yes. haha. now i love when my third grade students pick up one of the books to read! a guilty pleasure NOW? jersey shore. yes, itz true..

Sami January 16, 2013 at 8:05 am

imitation is the most sincere form of flattery :) you’re not stealing it, you’re complimenting lauren on her good idea. hehe.

current excitement: the possibility of taking a 1 yr. anniversary trip to paris!
current guilty pleasure: no sugar added chocolate covered raisins

Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 16, 2013 at 9:02 am

I was obsessed with The Babysitter’s Club when I was little…I used to read the Little Sister books all about Karen. Current excitement is skiing this weekend! First time this season, I can’t wait!

Cassie January 16, 2013 at 9:34 am

No triumphs?! For shame! ;)

I’m all about trying to get away with the comfiest outfits I can at work. I actually bought two pairs of those leggings (except mine aren’t lined and took a month and a half to get here from China- boo!), and I love pairing them with sweaters and scarves or tunic blouses plus boots to try to make them workplace casual.

Calee January 16, 2013 at 9:34 am

currently: being a double copycat. I’ve been wanting to post this forever (also a sucker for surveys)

And I was kind of secretly hoping you were reading the babysitter’s club.

So I know it’s all the hype and what not, but The Hunger Games is really, really good. I finally read it last week after waiting for the hype to die down, and I’m glad that I avoided all of the movie and book reviews online and as much marketing as possible because the book is really good.

Also, I like reading teen books for the same reason I like watching Dawson’s Creek and 90210 — gotta have some trash to chill out with.

If you’re looking for another good book that’s a quick read: Omnivore’s Dilemma. Or Sweet Poison.

the delicate place January 16, 2013 at 12:14 pm

oohhh the DR! very exciting! i used to read the babysitters club when i was younger ha.

current excitement…on day 1 of my 3 day DIY juice cleanse. i made myself custom flavors and am halfway through today’s liquid nourishment!

your outfit looks pretty similar to a lot of my outfits! i work in the lab so no one really cares much. current guilty pleasure is a show called ‘freaks and geeks’ on netflix. never watched when it originally came out but love it now! <3 judd apatow

Eleanor @ Sequins & Sass January 16, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Ahhh Millencolin! Takes me back to high school..!

Courtney January 16, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Current excitement: applying at Texas A&M!
Current guilty pleasures: Lindt orange dark chocolate, that I keep in the fridge. Cold and crunchy, yum!

Sara January 16, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Book suggestions?!
I don’t know what you like, but here are some current favorites:
A Game of Thrones
The Time Traveler’s Wife
Attachments
Daughter of Smoke and Bone (YA)
Divergent (YA)

Stephanie @ Wholesome By Design January 16, 2013 at 7:15 pm

My current excitement is that you mentioned Millencolin! So now I’m rocking out to For Monkeys, which reminds me of good times in 9th grade.

I don’t have a current guilty pleasure because I’m in the middle of Whole30 and have eliminated all of my guilty pleasures. But I feel good and not sad about it at all.

Sidney January 16, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Hey! Me and tony love millencolin! We’ve listened to them since high school! He wants to get some song ideas for GPP playlist! I need to get your number I’ve wanted to ask u questions so many times but don’t Facebook much anymore- so I just need your digits do I can text u:) love ya. Xo

Janetha January 16, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Yay! Love to hear that. Tony and I were talking about jams the other night. I wish you came in the evening.. I can’t wake up ever.. I will email you my number :) xo

Trisha January 17, 2013 at 3:32 pm

So happy to be getting caught up with Meals & Moves! BSC=bomb diggity. And those Trader Joe’s Espresso Beans?! When I was working in a cube setting, I literally had to give my box away to a co-worker on the other side of the building so I didn’t overdose on them. #cantstopwontstop

kim@hungryhealthygirl January 25, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Babysitters Club is the best! Seeing that picture just brought back so many memories. Did you ever read the Fabulous Five…it was my fave and BC was my 2nd fave.