friday five.

by Janetha on January 11, 2013

in random rambles

five lists of five on friday. (alliteration and lists are a blogger’s dream, don’t you know?)

1.15 1/2 ways to know you’re indecisive via thought catalog. i related to almost all of these, and i regularly describe myself as indecisive. just look at my twitter profile for proof.

2. rick who? via animals talking in all caps. umm.. yeah. another hilarious website to waste my time on! thanks for the link, tina.

3. 30 helpful websites via the lean green bean. seriously, SUCH a useful compilation of websites. thanks, lindsay!

4. i’m not my leanest via best body fitness. very good post.

5. the most popular lie we tell our friends via thought catalog. why, yes, i do love thought catalog, why do you ask?

1. i slept in because my boss called me and declared it a snow day (we legit got like 427 feet of snow and it is still snowing…) but, alas, i ended up going into work later on. things had to get done!

2. i did the hells bells workout at GPP. it was a quick one (i did it in 8:52!) but it was a good one. i really liked it, actually, and that says a lot since it had burpess in it! i seriously think the shroom tech sport i have been taking before workouts has made a HUGE difference on my performance and endurance! i love it!

3. i drove in super sketchy snow conditions all over the place.. i even got stuck in my own driveway earlier. geez.. thank goodness i have a nice husband to get me out of that situation. with a broom. because we had no snow shovel. and we have lived in utah our whole lives. don’t worry, we have one now.

4. i have walked 3,197 steps, according to my fitbit. hmmm.. i have a ways to go to hit my goal of 10,000! maybe i will walk around in circles.. because i know i won’t be walking around outside in the blizzard.

5. i paid a bunch of bills. oh, the joys of being a responsible adult… although online bill pay is really quite nice and convenient!

1. tomato corn soup via white on rice couple.

2. chocolate chunk cookies via running to the kitchen.

3. sugar chai latte banana muffins via spabettie.

4. quinoa fried rice via the healthy everythingtarian.

5. pecan protein donuts via purely twins.

recipes

1. nikita anvil jacket. love it.

Nikita Anvil Jacket - Women's

2. any brand of magical eyelash thickening stuff.. lilash, latisse, or revitalash.. any input welcome!

3. rose gold plated earrings to wear through my eyelets.

Product photo

4. two new food products—peanut butter toast crunch and katy’s kettle corn from popchips. um, yep, you read that right! one of the BEST cereals ever now comes in a peanut butter version and popchips released a KETTLE CORN flavor. yum and yum! luckily the love of my life, mandy, found not one but both things at target today and snagged them for me, so i will get to try them both sooner rather than later. yay!

crunchphoto

5. coffee. not gonna lie, guys.. i REALLY miss coffee. but, since my acupuncturist says no, and his treatment is helping.. i just deal with the lusting and sigh a heavy sigh. hah.

1. kristen’s birthday dinner tonight—HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY TO MY BFF!!!!!

2. watching the packers beat the 49ers tomorrow night in the playoffs. (hmm.. looks like football has grown on me just a tad?)

3. blend retreat, especially now that i know how many of you are planning to go based on the comments of my last post!

4. the dominican republic! marshall and i are going at the end of the month—it’s our annual company trip. we are excited to go somewhere we’ve never been! has anyone been to punta cana? travel tips?

(source)

5. europe! i have been planning a trip to europe for over two years. hah. two years ago, i asked my boss for 2 weeks off work for the summer of my 30th birthday. guess who turns 30 this june? yep. not sure where we will go yet, but we are going and i cannot wait!

that’s all for now! have a fabulous weekend, friends!

your turn! give me a list of five. ANY list of five!

Trisha January 11, 2013 at 5:24 pm

5 things I’m super pumped about:

1. That I got engaged in NYC 2 weeks ago ( after 8 years together)
2. That we are going to elopneymoon ( elope / honeymoon) in Italy.
3. That my Dog’s wooba squeaker toy has made it a week and a half! Still squeaks! Still in one piece! $15 well spent!
4.bringing carbs back ( thanks to BFL .. Only been 3-4 days so far .. 85%)
5. Refueling my love for spinning!
6. That pb toast crunch looks REDIC! And there’s a chocolate fiber one!

Kristina January 11, 2013 at 5:28 pm

whatwhatwhat What WHAT?? peanut butter cinnamon toast crunch!??! my brain just exploded.

Jess T January 11, 2013 at 5:31 pm

5 comments : )

1 – i think you have sold me on the schroom stuff. the idea of it kind of freaks me out but i think i’m going to try it.

2 – blend retreat sounds awesome and makes me wish i were a blogger!

3 – i went to the dominican republic on my honeymoon and loved it. what part are you going to? we were in punta cana. try the mamajuana! it’s not what it sounds like!

4 – i turn 30 this june too! i’m 90% sure my husband and i are signing up for a 4 day biking/camping trip with a layover day in the middle for another activity. i would be whitewater rafting on my 30th birthday. this scares the crap out of me, but i guess if i’m going to die thats a good day to do it. this is the trip: http://wilderness-voyageurs.com/rails-to-trails-greenway-sojourn-itinerary-2013.html

5 – i didn’t noticed that you asked for a list of 5 until just now when i realized i only had 4 comments. ha!

melissa January 11, 2013 at 5:48 pm

LOVE it! I miss coffee too!

5 things I am learning about right now
1. yoga, I want to be better and more flexible.
2. adrenal healing
3. paleo lifestyle
4. drought
5. babies, my bff is having a boy in a month!

Megan January 11, 2013 at 5:52 pm

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! That is all. Have a great weekend.

Maren January 11, 2013 at 6:15 pm

So now that I just read this, I have like 50 tabs open.
5 random replies to the above:
1. Rick who? was hilarious! Especially because my boss just got a yellow lab and he has an 8 year old golden! I sent it to his wife immediately.
2. Glad you guys got a shovel finally. We didn’t own one when we were in MN last year. Craziness. Saw momma b’s pics on IG. That’s a shitload of snow!
3. Holly’s quinoa fried rice is a STAPLE in our house. We eat it at least once a week. Sometimes, I will just warm up some frozen veggies in the skillet, add some cooked quinoa, and then some whisked eggs. Cook it up and you have an easy version of it. I top it with liquid aminos. It’s delish.
4. I absolutely positively cannot WAIT to go to Blend! And my gf Amber is coming with me! We are both SO pumped!! so so so.

Okay 4 is all I got. Love ya girl. Have a great weekend and a nice time celebrating Kristen’s birthday!! xoxo

Clare @ Fitting It All In January 11, 2013 at 6:54 pm

1. peanut butter toast crunch??? gahhhh!
2. Still up in the air on blend – I’ll start school early june and dont know when I’m moving! I hope though!!
3. Punta Cana! Went for senior year of high school spring break. SO FUN…but don’t go to some club called Mangu. Prostitutes.

erin aka eef January 11, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Five Random Things:

1. I’m SO HAPPY it’s the weekend! Finally! This week was rough!
2. I don’t know how you’re surviving without coffee, but I’ll drink an extra cup for you every day. =]
3. I’ve been working really hard on toning up because I’m getting married on a cruise in March. Talk about pressure! Thanks for being inspiring!
4. I am alarmingly sleepy for this early on a Friday night, but let’s be honest, I’m just going to lay on the couch and watch Netflix anyhow.
5. I lived in Germany for 2 years and traveled to 14 countries while I was there, so if you want travel tips or ideas on where to go, hit me up!

Vaz January 11, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Try this stuff:

It’s tube mascara, like Blinc, only it doesn’t cost 25 bucks. And it is truly amazing.

You guys should go to Spain.

Maren January 11, 2013 at 7:24 pm

SHOOT! There was a #5! Tell me more about this shroom tech? I’m always skeptical about taking supplements because I’m super sensitive to caffeine and anything energy related… Think it’s safe for someone who gets really anxious from too much caffeine?

ashley@cupcakesncrunches January 11, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Europe sounds like the perfect way to celebrate your 30th! How exciting!

Looking forward to the Blend Retreat!

andrea January 11, 2013 at 9:04 pm

I can’t wait to hear about your DR trip, I want t go next year. I want to go to blend so bad but as of now all the flights from NJ get in at 9 PM on Fri:(

Khushboo January 11, 2013 at 10:58 pm

PEANUT TOAST CRUNCH??? NEed in my life asap! Here are 5 things I have done this morning (so far):

1) Had a massage
2) Eaten breakfast
3) Played countless rounds of Words With Friends
4) Caught up with a friend over the phone
5) Updated my iPod

Gotta love Saturdays!

Katie January 11, 2013 at 11:20 pm

I just have to comment and say that I’m from Wisconsin–GO PACK GO!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva January 12, 2013 at 2:05 am

5 things I did this week:
-made 2 new recipes from my pinterest board
-signed up for a new fusion fitness class called ‘Barre Attack’ (incorporates ballet, pilates, etc)
-worked up a wicked sweat going for a power walk on a VERY hot day
-went book shopping (i love love love books)
-worked on my crochet (i just learned…and I’m making a scarf)

Katie January 12, 2013 at 4:25 am

The Clinique mascara works wonders! I highly recommend it! Just an FYI I LOVED this post :) your recipes you want to try and the stories you find online always get my attention!

Lauren January 12, 2013 at 5:01 am

Wait..PEANUT BUTTER Toast Crunch? I’m dying! Literally, that sounds incredible!

Bekki January 12, 2013 at 6:52 am

Punta Cana is Fantastic…not sure where you are staying…we were married at Excellence and it was my best vacation ever. A little primitive until you get to the resort ( or at least it was 4 years ago) but you will love it! So jealous- wish I could go!

Tara January 12, 2013 at 6:53 am

Mac makes an amazing eyelash serum. I was skeptical at first but after a few weeks, I noticed a mega difference. Especially in my lower lashes. It’s around $30 which is relatively cheap compares to clinical versions. You use it twice a day. I was diligent about it and loved the results. Like a workout routine for your eyelashes. ;)

Sara @ fitcupcaker January 12, 2013 at 7:07 am

We went to DR last year…so pretty! The weather was awesome :)

Linz @ Itz Linz January 12, 2013 at 7:23 am

5 things i’m doing today: getting my sweat on, going to a cooking class, mailing a package, loads of laundry, [not] watching football with my hubs :)

the delicate place (@misathemeb) January 12, 2013 at 8:29 am

you must go to prague! it’s seriously affordable and very walkable! everyone speaks english and is so friendly too. they are my people! plus, i have the perfect hotel to stay in as well (msg for deets if interested!)

5 things i am excited about:
1. house hunting
2. a potential pug puppy!
3. finding a new job (scary but exciting)
4. a sushi feast tonight
5. bringing out my guitar again after i get new strings

Janetha January 12, 2013 at 12:32 pm

I have already been! Want to go somewhere new. I loved it, though! And yay.. PUPPY

Erica January 12, 2013 at 8:36 am

going to check out a bunch of the links! Want tomato corn soup.,..stat. Stay safe in all that snowy craziness. 5 Things I’ve done today (well..its only 10:30 AM but):
1. Gave Kaylin a bath
2. Taught in our Body Step Launch
3. Taught in our Body Pump launch
4. Drank coffee
5. Read your blog!

Janetha January 12, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Busy morning for you! xo

Madison January 12, 2013 at 9:44 am

All the 5 things are awesome but the most awesome: peanut butter toast crunch!!! Ah–I must try!

Laura @ RunningJunkie123 January 12, 2013 at 11:38 am

I LOVE finding new products in the grocery store! PB Cinnamon Toast Crunch and those PopChips look amazing!

This week I found Popcorn Indiana Kettle Corn with Cinnamon Sugar! Hmmm….my daughter and I are popcorn freaks.

Whitney January 12, 2013 at 12:02 pm

OMG, Hells Bells looked so fun that I did it at open gym this morning after I did my Starting Strength workout. I did it with a friend and we modified it to a heavier weight (35 for me, 50 for him) and halved the burpees and it was KILLER. I finished in 10:57. I will definitely revisit it in a few months!

Janetha January 12, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Glad you liked it! Good call scaling back for your first time around! Those GPP workouts can be sneaky :)

Yana January 12, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Gina’s chocolate chunk cookies are so delicious! I made them twice and both times everybody in the family fought for them.

We’ll have to have a case of (very) friendly rivalry for the Packers/Niners game. I am only a ‘second hand’ watcher/fan, but as a SF Bay Area resident I’ll be rooting for the Niners. Also, my son will disown me if I won’t. I love the Packers, though. I lived in Minnesota for five years and the Cheeseheads were very much loved there.

We went to Punta Cana last year and loved it. Take a lot of sunscreen with you – you’ll need it and the shops charge a fortune for it there.

Jenny January 12, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Excuse me, the Packers were “very much loved” in Minnesota? LOLZ. Not in my neck of the woods!

Yana January 12, 2013 at 8:03 pm

When I was there almost two decades ago they were. At least by the people I knew then. Vikings weren’t such a big deal back then. Not that I am an expert by any means.

Lisa January 12, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Latisse! The other two products do not work at all! Just be warned, latisse can burn a tiny bit, but it’s really worth it! I love how my eyelashes look after using it for a while. Revitalash did absolutely nothing though. Peanut butter toast crunch sounds incredible. And I think I need to make those chocolate chunk cookies! Holy yum. Have a great weekend!

Georgia @ Trying Something New January 12, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I JUST got back from two months in Europe. You need some tips, come right over here guuurl. And those earrings are a beauty. I used to have my ears stretched, and am sad they no longer are :(

sherice@foodieluvsfitness January 12, 2013 at 4:37 pm

list of 5:

1. I must try that Quinoa fried rice.. already pinned it
2. In love with my homemade lavender body butter.. HEAVEN in a jar
3. falling in love with Yoga.. it’s helped my back tremendously
4. I must get glasses soon or I might go blind or crossed eyed
5. I need a 2013 calendar.. I keep looking at the one on my wall and then realize it’s still Dec 2012..

Nicole C January 13, 2013 at 10:24 am

I can’t think of 5 things because when I read that you are going to Europe for your 30th I got SUPER excited for you! Best birthday gift I’ve given to myself ‘wake up in Paris on my 30th birthday’…can’t wait to hear where you plan to go!!!

kendra January 13, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I just dragged home an old wooden box I found in the woods walking my dog. 5 random things inside the box:

1)Disintegrating green fishing boots.
2) Old Polaroid camera.
3) Stain glass butterfly.
4) Long hemp rope with a large forged hook.
5) Small vintage army duffel bag with Winnipeg, Manitoba address.

Janetha January 13, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Wow this is so cool!

purelytwins January 13, 2013 at 3:31 pm

punta cana – yes went there a few years ago (well 2006) for Gary’s brothers wedding, we had a blast!!! thanks for the recipe link love :) mmm we are missing our donuts!

Janetha January 13, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Ohh, any travel tips?

purelytwins January 14, 2013 at 9:18 am

wish I did, we stayed at the resort and never really left the resort. everything was included at resort (food, water, and actives), so we never left haha

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome January 13, 2013 at 8:50 pm

5 things I did this weekend and enjoyed!
1. drank wine :-)
2. met some amazing sweat pink sisters!
3. yoga at a winery
4. hiked through the vineyards
5. Survived a weekend away and stuck to my Paleo challenge!

Nicole January 14, 2013 at 6:10 am

You soooo need to come visit me in Switzerland! That would be sooo cool!
oh and we have some nice places here too! ;)

Julia January 14, 2013 at 8:10 am

I went to Punta Cana about 5 years ago (eesh, it was that long ago??)
but we just went to a Club Med.
It was GORGEOUS but veryyyy humid. I would suggest swimming or something over running outside.
If there are activities DO THEM but also spend at least one day by the pool or beach with margaritas.
Sunscreen!
That is all.

Courtney January 14, 2013 at 9:55 am

I loved Punta Cana. I hope you have a great time! :)

The only travel tip I have is to (1) Enjoy a Mama Juana shot (DR specialty) and (2) Nut Butters count as a “liquid” for carry-on items. I was so disappointed I had to give my full unopened jar to the security guy when he saw it in my bag! HA!

Barbara March 9, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Exciting news about your trip! If you do need some travel tips for Europe, just give me a holler. And if you want to visit me in Switzerland, you’re very welcome to do so!