friday fun: wish list.

by Janetha on December 14, 2012

in random rambles

first off, editing this post to add i can’t believe the shit that went down in connecticut today. sick, sick, sick. did i mention sick? sick. and sad. praying for all those affected AND for humanity in general. blah.

so. you may have noticed the lack of actual blog posts (not giveaways) this week. ‘tis the freaking season, folks. this girl is busy! and it only gets busier from here. i am sure you are equally as busy, too, so you probably don’t have as much time to read blogs. it works out!

it seems like every night has been full of stuff. monday is my long day at the gym—i have my training to be a trainer class and then my actual workout. tuesday i got my hair done. wednesday we got our christmas tree (finally! yay!) and last night we saw the hobbit. it was super good! and long.. like, three hours long. but i liked it. and i didn’t even fall asleep! bonus.

this weekend is jam-packed, too. tonight we are hitting the town for my friend lizz’s birthday. tomorrow i am wedding dress shopping with kristen (whoop!), going to acupuncture, and then an ugly sweater party. sunday is filled, too. my friend danny is in town so we are heading to brunch, then i have family dinner at my parents’ place. holy crap, the weekend just disappeared in the blink of an eye and it has not even started! help!

luckily i have almost all of my christmas shopping done. i did a lot of it online (i love amazon!) but i also have a few more shops to stop at before the big day. i truly look at christmas as a time for giving. i really enjoy buying things for other people, it brings me a lot of joy! i actually like to buy people random gifts throughout the year simply because when i see something that reminds me of them and i know they would like, i HAVE to buy it for them just because.

i won’t lie, i like shopping for myself, too. i may have a bit of a problem when it comes to online shopping with ANY website that accepts paypal—like lululemon and etsy. they make it too darn easy! i have put shopping for myself on the back burner due to the holiday gift giving season (and due to the new engine we are buying for marshall’s truck…) so i have been relying on getting my shopping gratification through a pinterest “want” board. it is almost the same thing as shopping.. haha.. right? hmmm.

anyway, i thought i would have a little friday fun and share my wish list today. fridays are meant for mindless fun—i know i have mentally checked out after a long work week. ready, go!

i am all about big, long sweaters that can be paired with leggings. my job requires me to “dress up”—if you want to call it that. leggings+long sweater+boots=work appropriate. and it just feels like i am wearing my pajamas. shhh.. don’t tell my bosses. LOVE this one from victoria’s secret.

you may have noticed i have stretched earlobes, so earring shopping isn’t as easy as it is for most of you.. but it is still fun! i have my eye on a couple of eyelets (hehe) in silver and copper.

Silver Lotus Drop Eyelet Single Flare  Ebony Inlay Lao Plug with Copper

the main reason i want these two pairs of tunnels is to pair with peach treats coil closure hoops! i lovvvve peach treats! my friend, tif, is the owner and designer of all the goods. her jewelry isn’t just for stretched lobes. she makes “fakers”, too, which are friendly for all ears.

Coil Closure Copper Hoops with PearlsChaotic Coil Swans

guys, i have developed a slight liking to nice sunglasses. now that i have black and brown aviator oakley sunglasses, i want more. uh-oh. i LOVE these frogskins.. before i my newfound love for aviator style glasses, this frame style was my go-to and i still love it. kinda nerdy, but super cute.

i know everyone and their dog is paleo these days, but i am not. nor will i ever be. that is why i want this shirt! hilarious.

i reaaaally want a purse that looks good with black, brown, tan, and gray. i found this one and, sadly, it’s sold out! i wish it wasn’t.. or i wish i could find a similar one. it even has all my necessary purse requirements: double handle straps AND a cross-body strap. sigh..

herringbone wunder under crops. coco pique black wunder under pants.

image image

this is the coolest gadget and would be SO useful to me because my phone is CONSTANTLY dying. it’s a keychain that charges your iphone!

well, i’m doing it. i’m hopping on the ankle boot train. i like them. i like them a lot. i want a pair of ankle wedge boots. i can’t hang with the uncomfortable factor heels, but i love wedges. like these, these, and these!

image image

typing this post actually made me happy! sometimes (online) window shopping is all i need to satisfy my craving to spend.

Q~

how about you.. what is on your current “want” list?

happy weekend!

Lea @ Coffee and Greens December 14, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I love those earrings! The flower ones are so cute! It’s hard to find cute earrings for stretched ears sometimes!
I also love those Toms wedges!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 14, 2012 at 4:28 pm

I’ve been eyeing those TOMS wedges for WEEKS but for whatever reason decided not to put them on my Xmas list. I think because I wasn’t sure when I’d wear them. I work on my feet ALL day and when I get a second job, it’ll most likely be spent in workout gear and gym shoes. I hardly ever go out (i’m lame) so while they’re cute, I just wasn’t sure they’d get worn. Sad. But those wonder unders – SO CUTE!

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome December 14, 2012 at 5:39 pm

I’m the same way when it comes to shopping. Today I went to the mall to finish my Christmas shopping and came home with 0 gifts for others, 6 gifts for me! Ugh! I love the key chain that charges your phone! Why didn’t I think of that!?!

Everest December 14, 2012 at 5:55 pm

What size are your ears? I have the pair on the left (but in rose gold) in either a 0 or a 00. My ears are now 1/2″ so they don’t really work for me anymore. I’ve held onto them because they’re so pretty I don’t want to get rid of them, and I don’t know anyone that would want them. If that size would work for you, let me know and I’ll send them your way, since they’re not really doing me any good.

Janetha December 14, 2012 at 6:03 pm

Oh my gosh… you are so kind! I am a 0

Everest December 14, 2012 at 6:14 pm

I went and checked, and it looks like they’re a 00, would you still want them?

julie December 14, 2012 at 6:30 pm

ohhhh i have ankle bootie wedges and i absolutely love them! come to think of it my dad was supposed to get the zipper fixed by his shoemaker man and he hasn’t brought them back yet! i bet the shoemakers loved them so much they don’t want to give them back to me

BroccoliHut December 14, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Those wedges are adorable! Might have to add those to my list as a list minute item :)
My list also includes nail polish (any and all colors!), a nice wooden cutting board, and running tights.

Mihaila December 14, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Janetha, You should REALLY check out the site 6pm.com – SUPER steals on shoes, especially boots / ankle shoes – Also, they have discounted Oakley Sunglasses, and other things including snowboarding / skiing wear – pretty cool website.

Natalie December 14, 2012 at 10:08 pm

The boots are FAB!!

Lindsay December 14, 2012 at 11:57 pm

On the topic of cool sunglasses, have you ever seen Shwoods? Ahh, I have wanted a pair for years!!

Lauren December 15, 2012 at 4:42 am

Okay, seriously, the keychain phone charger is now a MUST on my list too! I wonder if it’s too late to tell Santa?! :)
Have a great weekend girl!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 15, 2012 at 4:51 am

Those earrings are adorable! I used to have my ears stretched (to a 0) so I know how much more difficult it is to find cute spacers!

lindsay December 15, 2012 at 5:11 am

i would like that paleo shirt please. and you are one busy lady. all good things. enjoy every minute. and thank for making me want Lulu even more now, gah. #broke

kendra December 15, 2012 at 7:56 am

Lots of books: Ayun Halliday &Catilin Moran’s new books, Main street Vegan, Running Ultra, Cooking Crunk,…

Also a Fenix Lumens pd32 flashlight, a SOG hatchet for cutting kindling and an Aeropress Handpresso for sanity.

Pipe dreaming an old snowmobile for work.

Lisa December 15, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I loooove wedges as well! One of my favorite shoes, especially during the Winter. Haha, love that paleo shirt, I’d like one too. I could never be paleo. Nope, not on my agenda. And a girl could always use more lululemon.

purelytwins December 15, 2012 at 2:20 pm

wedges are cute! I need to get some!
Michelle and I did most of our shopping on Amazon too :) it’s the best!! and that shirt is too funny.

Kim @ The Family Practice December 15, 2012 at 4:28 pm

ha! that paleo shirt is great. I totally screen grabbed and shared on FB – wayyyy too many friends that are on that hunter gatherer story. I couldn’t resist!

Lauren December 15, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Those earrings are really pretty. I’m curious why you chose to stretch your ears. I guess I don’t understand-is there a purpose or just a fashion thing? Just genuinely curious-I don’t know!

Danielle December 15, 2012 at 10:28 pm

my cousin has the toms ankle wedges and LOVES them! you just need to be sure to get a water protector for them if you are planning on walking in them in the snow or rain

Kerryne December 15, 2012 at 10:48 pm

I WISH you would have posted this a few weeks ago :/ it would have really helped out a couple of your friends in the gift idea area! Just sayin! I can honestly say I am not much of a want list maker. But I love yours! All of those things look fun!

Kait @ yogabeautylife December 16, 2012 at 2:46 pm

1) You have amazing style. I love everything here although I’m not sure I could pull it all off (at least not without people asking what happened haha).
2)I had a $50 gift card to Tom’s and didn’t get the boots. Why, you ask? Becasue I didn’t see them. #fail

Laura December 16, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Well you just added those herringbone lulu tights to my list!
I hope we get them here in Aus :)

Janetha December 16, 2012 at 8:20 pm

me too!

Teri [a foodie stays fit] December 16, 2012 at 6:07 pm

i really want new Toms. mine are so gross and are getting holes too. you can only wash those suckers so many times before they need to be trashed.

so…I don’t own a single pair of leggings. any recommendations?

Janetha December 16, 2012 at 8:18 pm

You don’t own wunder unders? I recommend you buy a pair RIGHT NOW!!!!

betty December 17, 2012 at 7:13 am

i got that morphie juice pack for barbara last year as a stocking stuffer! shes constantly on her phone for work, so her phone is always dying. this was perfect for her.. until we were drinking one night and i somehow ripped it off her keys.. so now you just carry it with you. ahhaha