mindless monday.

by Janetha on December 3, 2012

in random rambles

guys! it’s been a day. mondays usually are rough, but today was exceptionally rough. i honestly think it has a direct correlation to the fact that i did not get to sleep in either day this past weekend. i typically sleep in until 10 or 11 on saturday or sunday (sometimes both), but was up at 6:45 on saturday (!!!) and at 8-something on sunday. that’s a recipe for disaster. i would be a horrible mother, i love my sleeping in.

things started off bad today when i was at target doing some gift shopping for our company holiday party. we play this fun gift exchange game and so i had to by 35 random gifts. i thought this fire proof safe was pretty random and somewhat useful, but it was on the top shelf… so as i was pulling it down, the corner of the box the safe was in rammed me in the eye. i cried. yep, there in the aisles of target, cryin’ like a baby. geez.

things at work were pretty mellow up until literally 2 minutes before i was supposed to leave. a call came in from a guy who was not stoked and the phone call took around 20 minutes. blah–that had the domino effect and made me late picking up the pups, late changing for the gym, and late for my 4 o’clock training class at GPP. (FYI i am still training to be a trainer.. learning lots! it’s fun.)

i worked out my frustrations at the 5:45 class. today we did tabata repeater and it was a doozy. the pull-ups and OH presses were killer for some reason today. i think my upper body is trying to tell me something. not sure if that something is “work harder” or “give me a break” ha–i am gonna go with the latter since i have taken it easy on the workouts the past couple of days.

speaking of workouts, have you logged yours on the dedicated december page today? make sure you do!

so, if you haven’t already figured it out, tonight’s post is gonna be a pretty mindless post of mishmash. i actually get a lot of feedback that you guys like my brain vomit, so who am i to withhold random rambles??

ohhhh guess where i went yesterday?!?!?

IMG 3195

YES. that is right. trader joe’s! and i was not in california or las vegas or arizona or any other state that i have to frequent to score TJ’s goodies. i was right here in small lake city! SO stoked we FINALLY got a trader joe’s! i will admit, last night’s trip was less than perfect. the aisles were crowded and many of the shelves were bare, but it doesn’t matter. we have a trader joe’s now. and we will probably get more. hallelujah.

wanna know where else i went yesterday? target and smith’s. because trader joe’s was out of some of my grocery list items, i had to make a run to target. i got everything else i needed, except bagels for marsh. i usually buy a locally made brand from whole foods, but i wasn’t venturing back out to the salty city, so i went to target. luckily thomas bagels are in most stores in my town and he looooves thomas brand bagels–either cinnamon raisin or blueberry. turns out, the rest of the world loves them, too. target was out of both kinds, so i was the good wife and went to smith’s to track a bag-o-bagels down. guess what?? they were out TOO.

IMG 3210IMG 3211

i gave up. plus it was pouring down rain and i was wearing uggs that are of the sweater material variety which don’t fend well in puddles. drat.

let’s see, what else? oh, i’ve been rocking out to the get up kids for the past two days. they are one of my favoritest of favorites and i had seriously been neglecting filling my ears with their sweet tunes lately!

IMG 3202

reminds me of being a teenager. sometimes i miss it. other times i don’t. okay, most times. but sometimes being a grown up is the pits.

dinner is ready! be right back.. i am gonna eat real quick. i made sweet potato shepherd’s pie. and yes, it is 8:48 PM. we eat late.

NewImage

the cheesy side is marshall’s. i am still on the non-dairy, non-coffee train. so far so good, my gut pain has lessened drastically and the acupuncture is helping me in the you-know-what department. on that note.. time to go eat. ha.

….whelp, i’m back. while we were eating dinner, i asked marshall this question i saw on facebook earlier from hungry girl:

Screen Shot 2012 12 03 at 8 48 08 PM

his answer? nope. he likes our homemade pizza too much. he’s right, it is way good.. but i would totally give it up for a million bucks!

something else happened while eating dinner. it dawned on me that i have a VERY important camera card chock full of photos of things i need to blog about. i just tried to locate said card and, yep, CAN’T FIND IT. par for the course. say a prayer for me, kay? crap.

while you are praying, i am gonna go clean up this huge mess of a kitchen sink before calling it a night. sigh.. like i said, sometimes being a grown up is the pits ;)

NewImage

i am tired. looking at that makes me more tired. wanna know what else makes me tired? this photo of randy yawning.

IMG 3217

just kidding. it doesn’t really make me tired. it just makes me laugh! he’s so cute.

i’m gonna go now.

2. what time do you eat dinner?

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 3, 2012 at 9:13 pm

sorry to hear it was a less than stellar day. Sometimes being a grown up IS the pits, like trying to decide what you’re doing with your life and how you’re going to get there. And then turning down a job that you’ve been working so hard to get because there’s some gut feeling telling you to. It feels right, so we’re going to go with it…

Janetha December 3, 2012 at 9:24 pm

ahhh.. hang in there, friend. love you.

Caitlin F. December 3, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Haha. That picture of Randy is a great end to my mindless Monday. Thanks for sharing!

Momma b December 3, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Yep I’d get rid of pizza and possibly enchilada suizas for a million bucks!

Dinner usually around 7.

Love you and love your ramblings!!

xo

Sherice@foodieluvsfitness December 3, 2012 at 9:53 pm

I’m with Marshall on this one.. Homemade pizza is way to good.. my favorite is caramelized onions with sauteed zucchini, garlic and olive oil with fresh mozzarella and Gorgonzola.. so good!! I Love me some TJ. we just got ours where I live about a yr ago. it’s rather small and they are building another one on the other end of town or so I’ve heard and I’m hoping it will be larger! I love their pizza dough and delicious chocolate or almond croissants found in the frozen isle. let them sit out over night and waaalllaa you have delicious croissants with your morning java or tea :)

Corrie Anne December 3, 2012 at 10:22 pm

tomorrow will be better. we eat dinner late. like 8:30 might be average. i wish it was earlier, but we go to the gym after kevin’s 45-minute commute, and it’s just the way it is. but i feel exactly the same way when i miss sleeping in. getting up early on Saturday for a race kinda threw my weekend off a little bit!! pizza would be REALLY hard to give up!

Kim December 3, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Last night on the mass pike….I fell in love with youuu!!!

I love that song! It reminds me of when I turned 16 and we would joyride around. I think this song might have been on more than 3 mixed CDs…was that really 10 years ago?!

Betty December 4, 2012 at 12:20 am

I’m sure you’re gonna be a feet trainer! <– wtf autocorrect.. GREAT TRAINER. And hooray for your guy!!

1. That's tough, because grilled BBQ chicken pizza and cauliflower pizza come to mind and I just don't think I could handle never again. But it is a million dollars..

2. Whenever dinner is ready.. 5:30-9:00.. I really hate eating after 8 though, just feels wrong to me, and gives me bad dreams.

Emily December 4, 2012 at 12:41 am

Totally agree – sometimes being a grown up is the pits! When I get to that stage, I know I have to let off a little steam somehow, before I go crazy.

So glad the acupuncture is helping! I quit (most) dairy and felt better too, but I’m still not ready to extract coffee from my life. It’s like my medication some days ;)

I would definitely give up pizza for $1m. There are so many other great foods I could enjoy with all that $$….. We eat late, last night it was about the same time as you (albeit in a different time zone), coming up to 9pm.

Julie December 4, 2012 at 1:01 am

I ate dinner at 10 P.M. today because I had so much shopping to do too. I never ever eat at that time. I usually eat before 6 P.M.

I WOULD give up pizza for a million bucks. I love pizza but it does make me feel bloated sometimes.

Joy December 4, 2012 at 3:25 am

Randy is too cute!
I’m sorry you hit your eye (what a random comment)
I’d totally give up pizza for a million. I don’t like pizza ;-) now salads…. I seriously wake up dreaming of lettuce and I CRAVE celery. So I’m not sure I could give them up.

MizFit December 4, 2012 at 3:54 am

OK
brace yourself :-)
I gave up pizza about 20 years ago when I went GF.
now there are GF options but Ive just never added back in!! :)

Janetha December 4, 2012 at 10:52 am

That is pretty hardcore! What is one food that would be uber hard for you to give up?

Erica December 4, 2012 at 4:08 am

Hope your eye is ok!! Mondays can be the pits. So cool that you’re becoming a trainer.

1. what’s your answer to the million-dollar question? would you give up pizza of all kinds for a million bucks? Yes

2. what time do you eat dinner?Varies ALL over the map.Some nights 530/6,when I teach usually 8

Amanda @ Romancing the Unusual December 4, 2012 at 5:06 am

I mean I love pizza but not THAT much. ;) hope your Tuesday is better!

Linz @ Itz Linz December 4, 2012 at 6:07 am

we are basically grandparents and eat dinner at like 5pm. i’m starving when i get home from work!!

Lauren December 4, 2012 at 6:10 am

Ah, So sorry you had a lousy day yesterday! Monday’s like that are the worst. It’s funny because Toly only eats Thomas’s blueberry or cinnamon raisin bagels but I went to TJ’s this weekend and bought him their brand. He wasn’t that impressed so I had to run out on Sunday to get “his kind.” Oh the things we do for our boys. :)

Janetha December 4, 2012 at 10:52 am

That’s so funny!

Lee December 4, 2012 at 6:11 am

I love pizza as much as the rest of them, but for a million bucks, i’d totally give it up!

Dinner for me is usually around 7:30 or 8, depending on if I go to the gym or not after work and if Murphy needs to be walked.

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 4, 2012 at 6:32 am

Sorry you hit your eye – that sounds painful!

Honestly, I think I probably would give up pizza – I like it, but I don’t absolutely love it. I’ve probably eaten it once in about the last 4 months, so I probably wouldn’t even notice.

We’re 6:30-7:00 dinner people around here…that’s pretty average, right?

Heather (Heather's Dish) December 4, 2012 at 6:44 am

I did the repeater too, minus the pull-ups since I don’t have a bar, and it kicked my tail. The OH presses were killer!

Janetha December 4, 2012 at 10:51 am

Ugh I know, I picked those and the pullups to NOT repeat!

Corey @ When We Wander December 4, 2012 at 6:48 am

I did a five miler yesterday! (Monday) It was my first long run in a loong time and it felt great! I know 5 miles may not be a long distance for most of you, but it is for me!

kendra December 4, 2012 at 7:27 am

Pizza? Meh. I could live without it.

For the next month dinner is regimented. Our theatre company performs 3 one hour shows a night outside, so we do a show at 4pm, run into the cooks shack, warm up around the wood stove and the cooks feed us a snack of soup and bread. Then we do a 6pm show and at 7pm they put out a more hearty dinner and we go back out and do an 8pm show.

With the amount of running I do for each show I can barely eat at the breaks. I tend to have a huge lunch then snack the rest of the night when I need to.

Your sink reminds me of Jenna Marbles “I hate being a grown up”.

Janetha December 4, 2012 at 10:51 am

haha love that one

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables December 4, 2012 at 7:51 am

I gave up pizza when I went GF b/c GF pizza tastes like CARDBOARD! I’m so glad your tummy issues are getting better!!! I’m doing a happy dance for you. BTW… we need some GPP action at Blend! Will you train me??? ;)
now… go get some SLEEP!

Anne December 4, 2012 at 8:32 am

I am so excited there is finally a Trader Joe’s in Salt Lake. I checked it out on Sunday night when it wasn’t quite so crazy. The shelves were pretty empty, but I still managed to find some great stuff! As for the pizza question, I don’t think I could give it up, it’s my absolute favorite food. I usually eat dinner after I go to the gym, around 7:30 or 8:00. I
tomorrow is a better day for you!

Janetha December 4, 2012 at 10:49 am

That’s when I went, too! Maybe we were there at the same time :)

Nicole C December 4, 2012 at 8:50 am

Giving up pizza would be tough, Ben loves it. It would be a win win for him if I did..he gets more pizza and a million bucks in our house. I just have a lot of money to buy burritos :)

I eat dinner whenever I have time. Rarely early but it depends on what time I get to the gym.

Bad days seem to be sneaking up here and there. I feel like i have been beaten down a few days the past month. Like yelling at the sky saying ‘what the hell?!’ My mind hasn’t been paying attention either and it’s starting to bug me. I left everything I needed to bring to work at home, even after I laid it out the night before.

Mollie @Sprinkles of Life December 4, 2012 at 9:03 am

Dang! you just had no luck with those bagels lol. And seeing your kitchen pic with your contigo water bottles made me remember that I found some at Costco a month or two ago. I snagged em after seeing them on your blog and LOVE them! Thanks!

Uh oh, a close Trader Joe’s. you’re in trouble! lol :) We got Trader Joe’s around 2 years ago and Whole Foods just this past July. My grocery bills have def gone up!

Annette@FitnessPerks December 4, 2012 at 9:57 am

Mondays are kinda crappy….I didn’t have the best day either–it was so freaking busy. And I agree-I had to be up before 6:30 & 6 both weekend mornings so I am sure it plays into yesterday’s issues. ROUGHHHHHHH.

I need to hit up TJ’s soon….once it’s kinda stocked again! hah

Krista December 4, 2012 at 10:02 am

I enjoy your rambles!! Ouch…the box corner in the eye sounds painful…I totally would have cried in the aisle too. Randy is the cutest!!

Cheri Z December 4, 2012 at 10:13 am

Awww – poor eye! Hope you did not wake up with a shiner. I think yesterday was a stinko Monday worldwide. Hate days like that. Also sometimes totally hate being a grown-up. Those responsibility can grind you down by gum! Be sure to schedule in some play to balance it all out. I would totally give up any food for a million bucks – I am so mercenary! Dinner at our house can range anywhere from 5:00 to 9:30 – depending on the resident ballerina’s schedule. In the heat of the school year it sometimes feels like we’re a bunch of gypsies. We go right ito survival mode, and what works is what happens.

Gotta tell you, I snagged my first (definitely not last) Contigo water bottle last week. LOVE IT!

Janetha December 4, 2012 at 10:47 am

Yay!

Heather {ModernMealsforTwo} December 4, 2012 at 10:23 am

I would give up pizza for a million bucks. That’s a lot of dough! (ha!) But I would also hope for a last meal. Either way, I’d take the money :)

LG December 4, 2012 at 10:26 am

Yarg – a box corner in the eye? That sounds awful – I would totally cry about that.

Randy is just SO cute!!!

Bridget @ Type A Frame Personality December 4, 2012 at 10:53 am

My immediate thought was “yeah duh I’d give it up” but then I got all sweaty and nervous thinking about no pizza ever again, so I think my final answer is “no”. Maybe for 2 million though……Ideally I like to eat dinner by 7pm, late night meals give me belly aches and nightmares anymore….man I’m getting old!

elise December 4, 2012 at 11:30 am

i asked kyle the pizza question last night and he said “who is the mean person asking this question?!?” and then compared it to making a deal with the devil. ultimately he said no, he wants pizza more.

hooray for TJs!!!!

Sierra December 4, 2012 at 11:33 am

I would happily give up pizza for a million dollars. There are plenty of other delicious things to eat in a lifetime. Imagine the dining experiences you could have with a million bucks that didn’t involve pizza.

We typically eat between 7:30-8

Danielle December 4, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I don’t think that I would be able to give up pizza. I can literally eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and then again the next day and not get sick of it! It is soooo good and can be somewhat “healthy” if you load up on veggies instead of all the meats!

the delicate place December 4, 2012 at 1:22 pm

aww sorry to hear about your eye. my monday was pretty crazy too, in fact every day this week is ugly for me except tomorrow so i better cherish it! somehow i missed that you were taking training classes for gpp..congrats on that! i have been super into pure barre lately and am doing the 20 times at the barre in 30 days challenge. it’s the only exercise i am doing and it’s odd bc there is literally no jumping around or anything but it leaves me more sore than anything i’ve ever done?!

sometimes, i have flash backs about my teenage years and mine were pretty freaking good compared to a lot of people i know. i was SUCH a scene kid..shows like every weekend. rimming my eyes with white or black eye liner, studded belts and hot topic tees galore lol. i must have been a hipster before it was even cool to be a hipster…i saw dashboard confessional before he was famous..when he first left further seems forever. he played with ben kweller and it was an incredible show with about 100 people there. i think i just increased my street cred with that factoid :)

pizza? i’d take the money, i don’t eat it ever, not even the gluten free ones. i’ll take a steak anyday of the week! or money…money would be lovely!

Janetha December 4, 2012 at 1:27 pm

i really want to try barre! good luck with your crazy week. xoxo