the breakfast club & flashback friday.

by Janetha on November 9, 2012

in flashback,meals

hey! happy friday!

i am proud to report i woke up and worked out in the AM for the third morning in a row. today’s workout, held up, was super different.. just five different static holds (three times each.) it was a lot harder than it looked on paper! er… on the website and whiteboard, i guess. (side note, when i was younger i used to call it “wipeboard”. another side note, remember when whiteboards were brand new and all the rage?! sooo much cooler than chalkboards, right?)

anyway, it is dumping snow today (yay!) so we opted for a nice, warm breakfast this morning when it was time for the breakfast club. blueberry pancakes!

a 010

we just used a boxed pancake mix, a few eggs, and water for the batter… then dotted each pancake with some wild blueberries. topped with a little sugar free syrup and breakfast was served! actually it was a pancake party this morning– everyone at the office had some. yum.

you guys have requested that i show you all of our breakfast club breakfasts.. so here are the previous ones from the week.

monday: turkey bacon, pepper, onion, spinach, and cheese omelets topped with avocado, greek yogurt, and hot sauce.

a 003

tuesday: see this post.. it was breakfast casserole.

wednesday: two eggs over easy and cinnamon vanilla french toast.

a 005

i am a runny yolk lover.

a 007

thursday: egg, sausage, and cheese breakfast burritos.

a 009

next week’s menu is up in the air, but i do have a lot of almond flour to use up… so i am thinking some almond flour pancakes need to happen. it’s also getting colder (hello, tons of snow today!) so maybe some hot breakfast quinoa will make an appearance. i see that all over on blogs but have yet to give it a whirl.

SO, it’s been a minute since i did flashback friday. if you are a longtime reader, you know i used to do this feature diligently every. single. friday. however, i kinda got lazy! but after the election this week i thought it would be fun to flashback to four years ago—the last presidential election. i know i flashbacked to this over three years ago, so if you have been around that long, sorry for the repeat! (and also thank you for the loyalty!) i will try to switch up the photos and of course the words.

some people have babies and people throw them baby showers. i have dogs… so momma b threw me a puppy shower when i got penny back in 2008!

upload115 169

oh, man, everyone looks so young there! especially penny and kaia (my friend’s baby).. haha.. age shows up on the young ones much more than on us oldies, right?

the puppy shower was held on november 4, 2008, which was election day. don’t worry, marshall and i both voted before the festivities! stickers to prove it.

upload115 178

because it was a puppy shower, of course all the food was dog-themed. we went all out.

upload115 155

the spread included eats and treats shaped like dog bones—sugar cookies and white & wheat chicken salad sandwiches, a dog bowl full of dip with pita chips, and puppy paw print cupcakes!

upload115 094
upload115 098upload115 102upload115 091

penny got to know all her aunties and her cousins.

upload115 117upload115 166upload115 124

penny opened some fun presents with izzy’s help.

upload115 074upload115 072

and we played shower games!

pin-the-nose-on-the-puppy was one…

upload115 144upload115 137

and match-the-dog-to-the-celebrity-owner was the other!

upload115 149

winners! amber and lindsay were good at puppy games.

upload115 147upload115 151

at the end of the night we all gathered around the TV to see who won the election. we all cheered when hearing obama had beat out mccain.

upload115 165

after everyone left, momma b got some cuddle time in with her new grandpup :)

i soaked up some cuddle time, too. man, she was so pint-sized!upload115 171

and she was completely pooped from all the fun had at her shower. spoiled rotten, i tell you.

upload115 175

and four years later, she’s grown up but still just as spoiled! not much has changed.. including the size of her head. oh, bless her disproportionate heart…

love her.

enjoy your weekend! i know i will. much needed… i have some (personal) drama going on in my life an i need some time to CTFO.

1. last type of shower you attended? talk about it!

2. weekend plans?

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 9, 2012 at 6:50 pm

oh my! that is freaking AWESOME and super adorable. Little PENNY!!!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning November 9, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Oooohhhhh this is the cutest thing ever! And now I want to throw myself a (delayed) puppy shower. Or maybe ill just have a big party for the boys- they turn 3 on Dec. 2nd… I could just use it as an excuse!
Penny was so cute – and still is, of course.
This weekend – I’m hanging out with “In my tummy” Lee tomorrow!! And then doing my bi-annual CPR certification course Sunday, which pretty much kills the whole day.

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries November 9, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Yum! I love all of your breakfast club ideas! Love the puppy shower – too cute! Penny was an adorable puppy!

Trisha November 9, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Awww, what a fun flashback celebrating two of my favorite things…puppies and Obama!! ;)

Monica November 9, 2012 at 8:53 pm

OMG your breakfasts looks so mouth wateringly yummy!

April November 9, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I thought of you today during the Hand stand against the wall. You faced your fear and worked through it and so I told myself to just do it. I needed help getting into position each time, but I’ll keep working on it and soon I’ll be able to also do it on my own. Thanks for sharing your struggles and pushing through them!

Maren November 9, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I started reading in probably March of 2009? Maybe February? Man it’s been a while! ;) Sorry to hear about the shizzy stuff goin on… Thinking of you! I plan on chilling the F out this weekend too since some VERY generous and kind Mormon missionaries were helping our neighbors with their leaves and then came over and helped us! The (at least) 4 hour job for Nate and I turned into a 30 minute job! ahhh such a relief! And such nice people to help us with them!

Have a great weekend chillin chick! xo

Janetha November 10, 2012 at 12:42 am

ahahaha no you didn’t because i did not start til april 2009 :) i love you so!

Maren November 10, 2012 at 6:58 am

Hahahaha wow I feel like the smartest person in the world! Lets change that 2009 to a 2010 ;)

Kirsten November 10, 2012 at 7:27 am

I cannot deal with how cute puppy Penny was! She’s still adorable but those puppies pictures are so “awww-inducing”! Makes me want a puppy (and thanks to the other pictures, I’d also like some pancakes!)

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 10, 2012 at 9:36 am

A puppy shower? That must be the cutest idea I’ve ever heard of. I might have to hint to people to do the same thing when I get a puppy in the spring.

P.S. puppy Penny might be the most adorable puppy ever.

Lisa November 10, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Your breakfasts are making me hungry again and I just ate:) Oh my gosh, the puppy shower is the best idea ever. So dang cute! I’m pretty jealous of your snow fall! I love snow, it’s WAY better than rain any day.

Toronto Girl West November 10, 2012 at 3:43 pm

It’s official – I love your mom!!!! lol :P

Like you, I have a puppy daughter but no kids. So I love that someone actually took the time to make a big fuss out of the children of the furry variety. :)

Jory November 10, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Love LOVE love the idea of a puppy shower!!!!!!!!!!!

The last shower I went to was a baby shower for a friend. It was the shortest and most low-key baby shower I’ve ever been to. Cute, just super low-key. Probably what I’d want if I was planning to have kids!

meggi November 10, 2012 at 7:28 pm

oh. my. gosh. CUTEST puppy party ever! She was (and is) so dang cute! I love her face in the photo where she is being held like a baby!

Last Shower: A month ago, I held a Skype Baby Shower for my friend who lives in England. So fun! I blogged about it here: http://megistentialism.blogspot.com/2012/10/baby-shower-via-skypecom.html

Weekend Plans: Friday – Salt City Sirens Burlesque show at Bar Deluxe! Such a good time!! / Saturday – OU game watch party at Poplar / Sunday – Dexter watch party in Orem. Good weekend! :)

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie November 10, 2012 at 8:35 pm

what a great shower! all the puppy ideas were adorable!

Sherice@foodieluvsfitness November 10, 2012 at 10:55 pm

what a cute Idea.. I wish I would have thought of something that clever when we got our Luka last yr. You seem really blessed Janetha!

Life's a Bowl November 11, 2012 at 8:29 am

You are absolutely precious, LOVE the idea of a puppy shower! And I’m totally envious of your breakfast club… I wish I could arrange something like that at work, would have to get creative with limited resources- only a fridge, sink, toaster, and microwave ;)

The Delicate Place November 11, 2012 at 9:08 am

i love the idea of a puppy shower! i have been doing my homework about a pug breeder near me and we are getting things in the works! i might have a pug baby early next year :)

Emily @ www.main-eats.com November 11, 2012 at 9:38 am

Fun puppy party and those breakfasts look amazing!!!

Ashley @ Freckles and Spice November 12, 2012 at 1:16 am

Your dog party is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I’ve told my bf that when we get our own place next yr the first thing we are doing is getting a dog. And I will definitely be throwing a puppy party.

jessiker November 15, 2012 at 9:48 am

OH MY GOSH. this post. Look at Penny. Look at her again. Look at her. Again. Look!!!!!!! She’s soooooooooooo cute. That food was so good, let’s do it again. :)

jessiker November 15, 2012 at 9:49 am

Haha and what the short hair, J5, me, pixar, and Amy… Weird.