tuesday’s entirety.

by Janetha on November 6, 2012

in day job,love life,meals,moves

it’s twenty nine minutes to midnight on tuesday night.

think i can pound out a post about my whole day before midnight hits?

let’s give it a shot!

i got up bright and early, got myself ready, and enjoyed my morning juice made lovingly by marshall.

IMG 7340

i never said it was pretty. this had kale, spinach, cabbage, carrots, apples, berries, OJ, and MCT oil. maybe some other stuff.. not sure.

then marshall and i rocked the vote.

IMG 2725

yay, obama.

i came home, gave the pups a treat (they stayed home from daycare today) and said goodbye to my two sweeties.

IMG 7324

i got to work and got right to work.. coffee and water on hand.

IMG 7356

like my new artwork? it replaced the dumb moose painting that has been in my office since the beginning of time. this is much more “me”.

IMG 7355

i got it from society6.com.

pretty soon it was time for the breakfast club… on the menu today was breakfast casserole!
IMG 7362

kerryne and amanda made this while i worked. they layered two slices of diced oat bran bread in a loaf pan, then topped the bread with mushrooms, peppers, onions, smoked turkey, and cheese. five eggs and six egg whites were poured on top and then it baked for about a half hour at 350 degrees. yum. i topped it with greek yogurt and spicy avocado hummus after the photo op.

i worked for four more hours, drank more water, and had a little entertainment while reading amanda’s new emails on match.com. let me tell you, that is a recipe for a good time. pretty soon it was time for lunch: a turkey sandwich paired with a simple side salad.

IMG 7363

i love this new oat bran bread i picked up from sprouts!

IMG 7365

i had a VERY important appointment at 2:30 today. guys, i decided to buy a car. i was actually SHOCKED to see my credit score. no idea how it got so high. maybe it smoked some weed. last time i checked it was in the 700s.

IMG 2734

the whole process took about two and a half hours, but it was worth the long wait… check out my shiny, new car!

IMG 7378

ugh. i am in love. i test drove the STI i posted last thursday, but didn’t LOVE it. i wanted an automatic. so… i test drove this forester… and accidentally fell in love. i always said i wouldn’t buy a brand, spanking new car.. but i guess you should never say never!

i hurried and changed for the gym so i could make it to the 5:45 class at GPP. i quickly had my noxpolde with a side of love from the pups.

IMG 7450

penny wanted some.

IMG 7448

noxplode is not for dogs.. but i did have a rice cake with almond butter…

IMG 7477

…so i treated penny and randy to a little almond butter of their own. i put it in their dishes so they don’t think i am feeding them MY food. gotta teach them manners, right?

IMG 7470IMG 7469

licked clean.

today’s workout was power cleans & rowing.. SO MUCH FUN. you can check out the logistics of the workout here.

IMG 7479

i worked out with my favorite buddy, melissa. she pushes me to my limit! she is so strong and fierce!

IMG 7489

and beautiful!

IMG 7496

we both hit some new PRs on our power cleans! 115 for melissa and 105 for me!

IMG 7491IMG 7492IMG 7493

apparently i make funny faces when i clean.

after the cleans we had to pull our fastest 500m row three times (with lots of rest in between.)

IMG 7502

i pulled a 2:05, 2:06, and 2:09. getting better after learning how to row properly!

as i was leaving i checked out the big box of goodies i dropped off at the gym yesterday. i had a lot of nutrition bars, supplement samples, protein powders, and other random things that i just couldn’t use quick enough, so i decided to give them to my gym friends.

IMG 7508

i was happy to see almost everything had been taken, except for the strangest protein powder sample that i never dared try: BEEF protein isolate!

IMG 7509

not gonna lie.. that’s kinda weird to me.

i rushed home with a pitstop at kneader’s on the way–marshall and i had plans so it was dinner to-go tonight!

IMG 7510

i had a turkey sandwich on sourdough. i NEVER get sick of sandwiches. or bread. i ate it at all three meals today.

IMG 7516

i cleaned myself up as best as i could in under ten minutes and then it was out the door again! we headed to the cursive and minus the bear show–LOVE! minus the bear is my favorite and cursive as an opener was just an added bonus!!

IMG 2769

the show was amazing, as usual. i came home and was hungry, as usual. cereal with banana slices and almond milk fit the bill!
IMG 7519

and now we are watching obama’s victory speech!

wow, i managed to type that up with two minutes to spare. not too shabby.

and that, my friends, was my whole day.

gotta get up early for a 6:30 AM workout! wish me luck… i am going to need it. it’s lemon’s revenge, eeeek!

1. what one food could you eat at every meal? me=bread. like today. or cereal… but i am trying to be realistic here. i wish i could eat cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.. ha!

2. why are you proud of yourself today? me=power clean & rowing PRs. fitness is fun and feels good.

RainStorm November 7, 2012 at 1:30 am

You do pack your days full! Your breakfasts particularly interest me – such variety!!!
Food I could eat every day: soured cream or cheese (yes, that’s probably a bad thing)
Have just got out of bed, so something I am proud of from yesterday: Erm… Staying at work for an extra 30mins to get a job done when I really just wanted to go home. Not very exciting!

Jennyb November 7, 2012 at 3:13 am

Wow 105 for clean & press??!! Feeling i should put my weight up at pump next time – trouble is i could clean & press more but in body pump the 4 minute track has rows in it as well which i can’t use so much weight for. But it works out to about 13lb lol (feeling embarrassed now!)

There are lots of things i could eat for every meal. Bread and cheese probably come top of the list – but the cheese should be at the bottom of my list as too much (in fact any at all really) makes my tummy rather unhappy.

Janetha November 7, 2012 at 6:41 am

No Bo my friend! Just power cleans. Not press! Haha ya right! Also, it was 2 reps. It was a heavy lifting day–low rep, high weight. On an endurance day ladies clean much lighter :) good job on lifting weights PERIOD.

Jennyb November 7, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Thanks, I’m finding it hard to get the balance of my weights, i want to be stronger but at the same time i’m trying to slim down. I know ladies down bulk up through lifting but i feel like its not hepling me slim sometimes.

Janetha November 7, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I honestly didn’t see a drastic difference in my arms until I started lifting a LOT heavier. Don’t be scared to do so!

Tina @ Best Body Fitness November 7, 2012 at 6:05 am

First off, you are a speed demon writer.

Yay for the new car! I could so go for a bigger car. I have two kids to cart around in a compact. Yea. It’s fun times. I don’t think I remember what it feels like to drive without my back being kicked. I so make you want to ever have kids, huh? ;)

Love the faces! I would probably make uglier faces than that!

Janetha November 7, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Haha you are good at birth controlling me :)

Amanda November 7, 2012 at 6:07 am

Congrats on the new car and your bitchin credit score! There’s a sense of security when you buy new….. You know you won’t be fixing it for a while.

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 7, 2012 at 6:28 am

Congrats on the new car – so exciting! I’m still really excited (and protective of my car), even though I got it back in March (or April? or May?) and while it wasn’t BRAND-spanking new, it was new to me which was good enough for my budget. And I love it! Enjoy your new car. :)

Lauren November 7, 2012 at 6:59 am

Love the new ride!! Congrats. And one food I could eat at every meal is nut butter. Yep, I could someone put it in everything and think I have.

Amanda November 7, 2012 at 7:03 am

nice job on the power cleans! i love olympic lifts!

I also LOVE your head band(?) that you’re wearing in those pics – any ideas on where to find something similar? it’s super cute!

Janetha November 7, 2012 at 7:15 am

It’s the bang buster from lulu :)

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 7, 2012 at 7:29 am

That is definitely a pretty car!

I wouldn’t be too eager to try beef protein powder either…yea, that’s weird.

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance November 7, 2012 at 8:02 am

We wanted to look at a forester for a new car! I always here great things! We had to buy a car last week (ours finally died). We ended up getting a Honda element. It’s pretty sweet!

I could eat fruit at every meal of the day…and lots of it!

Kendra November 7, 2012 at 8:04 am

Thank you for voting Obama. Up here in Canada my heart was racing all day with anticipation. My respect for American’s was restored last night.

Lea @ Coffee and Greens November 7, 2012 at 8:09 am

Wow you had a jam-packed day! A new car and a concert, sounds like a good day! And Obama won (:

Amanda @ Romancing The Unusual November 7, 2012 at 8:18 am

I am loving your new car! I have been looking for awhile but can’t make up my mind what I want (And also dreading a car payment!)

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning November 7, 2012 at 8:52 am

OMG I was on Match.com back in the day, and my co-workers were do sad when I quit- they looked forward to hearing about all of the weirdo emails and dates that I had. Man, it was fun!
I LOVE you new car!!! I have a black Subaru too (and Outback) and you probably already know that I am obsessed with it. When it dies (which hopefully won’t be for a really long time) I’m probably going to replace it with the exact same thing. CONGRATS!!! So exciting.
I could eat pizza for all three meals- it’s the best food ever.

Melissa B November 7, 2012 at 9:04 am

You’re so great! Love the pics of you and us rowing. Love the new car.

Maren November 7, 2012 at 9:35 am

phew! That was a long post done so quickly! I couldn’t stay up to see if Obama won, but woke up in the middle of the night and checked, woke up Nate to tell him, thanked God, and passed back out! ha What a great day for you: Sweet new ride, two PRs, seeing your fav band, and Obama winning! A meal I’ve been eating A LOT lately is, two eggs over easy, roasted veggies, and mashed avocado…healthy and so freaking delicious!

Jessica November 7, 2012 at 10:00 am

Hooray for Foresters :) I <3 mine.

Calee November 7, 2012 at 10:21 am

Holy crap you had an awesome day yesterday. I love your comment about your credit score smoking weed (which now it can in Colorado apparently).

I need to try power cleans. I’m afraid to do it since I go to the gym by myself. It looks like an exercise that you can really hurt yourself by doing it incorrectly.

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 7, 2012 at 10:37 am

Whew! That is quite a long day! I love giving my brother’s dog peanut butter, she LOVES it! She’s a smart girl…

Annette@FitnessPerks November 7, 2012 at 11:14 am

YAY for a new car!!! It’s smoking hot-just like you :)

I love doing power lifts–because it just feels awesome.

Yay for a fun night at a concert!

Erica November 7, 2012 at 12:45 pm

So much to say! DAMN your arms look jammin! Great work girl! LOVE the car. Fantastic. You make me want to make a casserole.

melissa@the hungry artist November 7, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Impressive that you were able to do the post so fast -what a day! So happy Obama won!
BTW, back in the day when match.com was brand spanking new and free (!), I met my now husband. :) We’ve been married for 13 years. Since then, about three of my friends have met their present hubs on match.com a well!

Janetha November 7, 2012 at 5:13 pm

That’s awesome! I had two close friends get married from Match, too!

Paige November 7, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Love the new car! I always said I wouldn’t ever buy a new car either, and then I did last year…and now I’m not sure I’ll buy a used one. Well, I probably will, but new ones are pretty damn awesome.

Life's a Bowl November 7, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Haha, I just read that as if it was one long sentence because of your time limit, strange but yes ;) Sounds like a busy but fun day! And I could totally eat bread all day every day!

Janetha November 7, 2012 at 5:11 pm

hahaha.. i felt like it was just one big runon sentence. i love you so much.

jenna k November 7, 2012 at 7:05 pm

those voting stickers might be the coolest ones i’ve seen this election! love the fingerprint.
“they” may say not to buy a new car, but i say you should buy whatever makes you happy (as long as you can afford it!). beautiful, shiny new car!
i could eat just about every food everyday, honestly. except eggs. after awhile, the thought of eggs just starts to sicken me.

jodie November 7, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I used to live in SLC and I LOVE Kneaders!! Miss that place!

Meggi November 7, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Congrats on your new car! It’s a beauty! :) and happy to see another Obama supporter in good old Utah. I saw that he had like 23% of the vote this time ;)

Tiffany November 7, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I didn’t think I would like it when I test drove it but like you, fell in love accidentally. Even though its a lot more than my old car payment, I heart my car!

Penny absolutely kills me. Nice job on the credit score lady!

kat November 7, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Love your kicks…what are they and do you recommend them?!

Sierra November 8, 2012 at 7:56 am

I have quickly realized that cereal is pretty dangerous to have looming in my kitchen. I also have the SF vanilla coconut milk that is amazing and I use any excuse to consume it.

Woohoo new car!

Bekki November 14, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Love your blog!!! Question the shirt with the keys on it – where is it from?? Love it! Thanks

Janetha November 14, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Thanks! I got it from Nordstrom Rack

Bekki November 14, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Awesome thanks- Last Question… do you know what brand- I have a friend that would love that and I would like to get one for her for Christmas…

Janetha November 14, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I’m not sure.. I can look when I’m home!

Bekki November 15, 2012 at 4:44 am

Thanks so much!! I appreciate it!