halloween shenanigans.

by Janetha on October 31, 2012

in day job,fun with friends,meals,moves

hello! happy halloween!

it has been an eventful day for me.. i have been on the go all day. you better believe i am going to tell you all about it. it’s gonna be a long one! get a refreshing beverage and maybe a snack.

the halloween festivities kicked off this morning when we were getting the kids ready for school.  they had a costume contest at daycare!

IMG 7222
“dad! what are you dooooing to me?!”

IMG 7234
“dad. i look ridiculous.”

you guys, aren’t their costumes amazing?

IMG 7236

randy stood perfectly still when we put the hotdog suit on him. he froze. we think he was just embarrassed. poor guy.. marshall had to carry him to the car, ketchup and all.

IMG 7243

penny was actually not even bothered by her dino costume. her friends at daycare dubbed her dogzilla. raaaawr.

IMG 7245

love my pups!

IMG 7246

the pups even got gourmet halloween cookies at daycare. yay for trick-or-treating!

IMG 7299

QUICK! go vote for penny and randy’s picture on facebook.. it’s for the costume contest!! click click click.

the halloween fun continued at my day job with our luncheon!

IMG 7280

we had an array of spooky soups. okay, maybe not so spooky, but let’s pretend.

IMG 7269IMG 7271

a little carby goodness on the side–pretzel rolls are the best. THE BEST.

IMG 7273IMG 7275

some salad, because we all could use a vegetable or two.

IMG 7277

and cheese… duh.

IMG 7266

we even had festive spoons, bowls, and napkins.

IMG 7278IMG 7279

we had the triple D table set up in the showroom: drinks, dips, and dessert!

IMG 7283

check out the creepy cauldron of spiced cider… muahaha.

IMG 7284IMG 7260

this whole foods spiced cider is super good.. and no sugar added! score.

IMG 7264

we had sugar cookies and a variety of cupcakes from my sweet tooth fairy… best cupcakes in SLC!

IMG 7258IMG 7255

check out this cute halloween craft my boss’s wife found on pinterest! love it.

IMG 7289

ghost poop, anyone?

i totally cheated on my turkey day challenge and had a delicious coconut cupcake!

IMG 2640

totally worth the $1 penalty. actually, it was a big cupcake.. so i will pay $2 for that baby. and another $1 for the tasty pretzel roll i had with my soup. yum and yum.

what’s a halloween party without costumes? don’t worry, we were on it.

IMG 7290

ready to fight crime!

IMG 7293

my co-worker, crystal, had the best teddy bear costume! so legit.

IMG 7298

our bosses are rad and let us close at 3, so i rushed home and got ready to hit up the 5pm class at GPP. it was a killer biceps, abs, and triceps medley. ouch. but it was super fun because we were all in costume!

NewImage

i firmly believe we should wear costumes to the gym at least once a month. it was so fun to work out in costume!

IMG 7307IMG 7305NewImageNewImage

ames is the cutest nerd ever in the history of nerds, right?

IMG 7302

right.

IMG 7312

i can’t not post her mom jeans up her butt. she was calling me janet all day, it’s payback, aimes. we still do not know what the brown spot is.. hmm..

IMG 7301

me and neil were supertwins! total coincidence. well, actually, he copied me. and i had better abs.

IMG 7311

kym and melissa made a great devil and ninja. and my lazy eye is equally as awesome.

IMG 7300

i am particularly in love with the superman socks i found at the last minute on the way to the gym. meant to be.

after the gym sesh, i met up with kerryne and her kiddos for a little trick-or-treating. it was my first time going as one of the grown ups and not as a trick-or-treater! weird. but it was still a lot of fun! i was a little bugged by the amount of teenagers without costumes that were out stocking up on candy. in the words of stephanie tanner.. how rude! ha, no, but really.. if that bothers me, does it mean i am getting old? it must. if they’d had costumes on that would be fine.. but they didn’t even dress up! sheesh.

after hitting a few neighborhoods (including momma b’s!) i came home to my cute family, some taco soup with a side of nachos, and now we are watching the tail end of the jazz game. we are up! excited to get back into basketball.. i like it a lot.

well, that concludes halloween photofest recap 2012. hope you guys all had a wonderful holiday! and, wow, november tomorrow. crazy.

1. what is your favorite holiday?

2. what do you think.. how old is too old for trick-or-treating?

Maria @ Little Miss Cornucopia October 31, 2012 at 9:49 pm

WOW! Whata super jam packed fun filled day!! Your dogs are sooooo adorable!! You must’ve had sooo much fun dressing them up! And tht pic of you and your friend Neil?! epic! Happy Halloween hun!

marisa October 31, 2012 at 10:11 pm

I do agree that Amy is a cute nerd… she could be a part of my nerd family. With a pet zebra.

elaine c. October 31, 2012 at 11:16 pm

i am a sucker for those pretzel rolls whenever i go to costco!

the nerd outfit was way cute!

nice abs, by the way :)

Betty October 31, 2012 at 11:42 pm

i hate when my lazy eye bombs a photo! haha.

i must say, christmas is my fav. i love giving gifts!

I WAS SO ANNOYED when 2 kids cane up to the door without a costume. They had to be in high school and the girl kept grabbing for candy?! I think it should taper off during middle school, if not completely dibs by 5th grade. I think I’m old too :(

Jennyb November 1, 2012 at 2:18 am

i’ve never been trick or treating, so at 26 i think i’ve missed my chance. Not that we get people round here, we buy extra sweets just in case but apparently there was one little girl who came last night.

I wouldn’t know i was having my own little party at the gym :) nothing to dramatic costume wise, just a black and purple hairpiece and some pink leg warmers but plenty of glow sticks to brighten the studio up!

Alex Rawlin November 1, 2012 at 3:16 am

As an homage to your turkey day challenge, I thought I’d try CrossFit for the first time last night. Oh. My. God. What a thouroughly hideous experience. But thanks though, I’m definitely feeling it!

Lauren November 1, 2012 at 5:22 am

LOVE the pups costumes! And I would have gave in to that kind of cupcake too! Glad you had a wonderful Halloween!!

lindsay November 1, 2012 at 5:27 am

ahh the mom jeans, priceless picture. and penny, darn cuteness! i love it when you share stuff like this. makes me all warm and fuzzy, well besides the ghost poop

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 1, 2012 at 6:43 am

Love pretzel rolls! Totally worth a $1 penalty. :-p

I think as long as you’re dressed up, trick or treating is always acceptable. I remember going legit trick or treating once or twice in high school! (and once in university…) can’t go wrong with free candy!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 1, 2012 at 6:56 am

Awesome costume! We had some chiropractors come into the shop yesterday and they were wearing skeleton tshirts. It was pretty awesome!

Amanda @ Romancing the Unusual November 1, 2012 at 7:12 am

First: I love your dogs! It needed to be said. :)
I think if you dress up. you deserve candy! No age limit! ;) But you HAVE to dress up!
My favorite holiday is definitely Christmas. What’s not to love?

Erica November 1, 2012 at 7:20 am

oh my gosh! Randyyyyyyy! I need to meet you and Randy one day. It must happen. What a spread at work! My goodness! Soup/chili is one of my favorite meals. I’d be in heaven. Def need the cheese. I want that shirt with the abs ;)

Heather (Heather's Dish) November 1, 2012 at 7:52 am

oh my gosh, i’m dying over the fact that Randy froze! Keira does the same thing…like she forgets she can walk when we put clothes or something on her. dogs are awesome :)

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance November 1, 2012 at 8:03 am

omg, the dog’s costumes are fantastic. and it looks like you had so much fun for Halloween! Good times. My favorite holiday is right around the corner: Thanksgiving! :)

Calee November 1, 2012 at 8:05 am

Penny and Randy are the CUTEST in their costumes. Sounds like you had a supremely amazing day yesterday! I love that your superhero shirts have the muscles on them too.

Jessica November 1, 2012 at 8:37 am

If Randy ever goes missing, he’s probably at my house because I have puppy-napped him!

Kacy November 1, 2012 at 8:40 am

The pups are the cutest!
I’m not a big holiday person, but I enjoy St. Patrick’s Day ;)

crystal d. November 1, 2012 at 8:59 am

Oh man Penny and Randy look awesome in their costumes!!! so super cute!!! Man I wish I could have been there to dig in on your work lunch party! Those soups and cupcakes looked awesome!

Christin November 1, 2012 at 9:58 am

OK Penny and Randy are too many adorable! gah!

My favorite holiday is definitely Christmas…

I think Jr High is the last acceptable age range for trick or treating…My hubby made a comment about it yesterday…he said when he was 14 he went trick or treating and a lot of the houses gave him looks like “Aren’t you too old for this?” but he just figured hey, it was either that or punking candy from the littler kids! (He was quick to add that he never did that) lol

Annette@FitnessPerks November 1, 2012 at 11:05 am

I LOVE pretzel rolls! They are the bomb (and legit) in Germany. SO freaking good.

And yes, I want those cupcakes. Badly.

you make a great superwoman!!

jessiker November 1, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Another thing to our repertoire!!! It’s SPOOKY how much we have in common.
Anger towards teenager trick-or-treaters, CHECK!

xoxo

Janetha November 1, 2012 at 1:43 pm

it’s only because we are both so perfect.

Nicole C November 1, 2012 at 12:39 pm

I can’t say I have a favorite holiday, I really like fall as a whole though! If my birthday could count I’d say that. My bday trips for myself are always awesome!

I’d be bothered by teenagers trick or treating without costumes, or in general. Denied!

I made come caramel apples and pumpkin cupcakes for my office. Unless I come up with the ideas of a festive lunch, it won’t happen. Maybe for christmas since I won’t be around for turkey day.

Sierra November 1, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I LOVE the hot dog costume. Your doggy daycare is so legit with all the activities and snacks for the pups.

I also want to second that opinion on the pretzel rolls…THE BEST!

Amanda E. November 1, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I like that picture in your work where it looks like a grumpy old man AND a child are trying to photobomb you guys.

Janetha November 1, 2012 at 2:22 pm

haha awesome.. well there is only an old man there, the child is actually a poster!

Amanda November 1, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Where did you guys get those superhero shirts with the abs? Those are awesome!!!

Janetha November 1, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Zurchers!

purelylori November 1, 2012 at 1:52 pm

costume contest at daycare — too freakin cute! I can’t handle how cute your kids look!! love it.
I wanted to dress Jax up, but kinda forgot, bad mom :(
well there is next year, not even sure how Jax would do with a costume on as right now he loves chewing on everything. haha

Neil November 1, 2012 at 3:13 pm

First of all, ANYONE can go buy a t-shirt with a cape velcro’d to it. Too easy. MY Superman costume took TONS of time, thought and effort. Mine was BY FAR the better Superman costume. I had a pin (in the back) and everything.

Second, I’ve said it before – your abs (as seen in pics) are WAY better than what was printed on your velcro laden t-shirt.

Neil November 1, 2012 at 3:15 pm

P.S. – since when did Superman start wearing a head band?

Neil November 1, 2012 at 3:16 pm

OH BURN!

natasha November 1, 2012 at 4:12 pm

My rule for teenagers/adults trick-or-treating is “no costume = no candy” I tell them to get a costume and come back. Funny thing is a few actually do…yep extra candy for effort!

Emily @ www.main-eats.com November 1, 2012 at 5:57 pm

SO cute and fun!!! My big dog was a bumble bee-he was too precious! I like your costume too! : )

Brittany @Berries and Barbells November 1, 2012 at 6:24 pm

It’s the teenage trick-or-treaters who ask if they can take a whole handful that really bother me!
You’re dogs costumes are the cutest. :)

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie November 1, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I love the costumes! I think dressing up as an adult is so fun! I don’t work halloween, so I didn’t dress up. But Andrew was an army guy, and we had a blast trick or treating
(ps. the pups are ADORABLE!)

Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut November 1, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Oh my gosh I love that you take your pups to daycare AND that they had a costume contest!! I knew that cats froze when you dress them but dogs? lol!

Also, I’d just like to inform you: that cupcake is NOT big. It actually looks small. I say you owe 50 cents. ;)

And your socks are awesome.

Janetha November 1, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Haha it does look small in the pic. Weird. It was one if those fancy gourmet oversized ones. So worth it!