bikinis, burpees, and blend.

by Janetha on October 15, 2012

in BLEND,meals,random rambles

alternate title for this post: “b-cubed”

hola! how was your monday?

mine was… interesting. i iced my feet with bags of peas & carrots all day long.. thank goodness i have a desk job, right?

i hobbled around the office, going up and down the stairs only when i had to. like to eat. that, my friends, is a necessity!

amanda, kerryne, and i had waffles for breakfast today! we usually just have eggs and english muffins, but we decided to fancy things up a bit an busted out the waffle iron at work.

kerryne brought this awesome new waffle mix for us to try. it’s really good! it has great stats, too.

IMG_2325IMG_2327

speaking of kerryne.. i am sure you are wondering how her bikini competition went, right?! marshall, amanda, and i attended the show saturday night to cheer our friend on. she looked incredible! (she’s on the left.)

she took third place in her class, i am so proud!

i have to say, this is one thing i could never do. getting on stage is already out of my comfort zone.. but on stage in a bikini? no way, no how. seeing all the fit and fabulous folks do this on saturday was truly impressive. i would never have the guts to do such a thing. kerryne, i salute you!

kerryne’s division was first, so we stayed to watch a bit more of the competition. the figure division was cool to see—these women were ripped!

after all the women divisions had gone, there were a couple of guest posers. oh my, it was quite the sight!

imageimage

after seeing the guest posers do their thing, we decided to duck out and get some dinner. big, huge congrats to kerryne on her achievement!!

don’t worry, the tan washed off. hehe.

and now for my second B… burpees! as i mentioned before, i am participating in the burpee mile on october 20th. that’s this saturday!

we will be doing a mile of burpees in unison—don’t let that scare you.. if you aren’t big on the burpees, you can just come to support the cause. that’s right.. you can do one burpee or you can do all of them! the choice is yours. all proceeds go to no more victims, an organization that helps abused children.

if you are wondering how a mile of burpees will go down, check out this video explaining the actual burpee-ing.

if you are a utah local, please come join us on saturday! you can pre-register here or you can show up on the 20th and contribute your 5 bucks on the day of. here’s the info:

it’s going to be a blast! there are so many sponsors giving away swag and prizes, including chobani, the simply bar, and fitmixer! also, there is a burpee mile flyer contest going on right now.. check out the details here! up for grabs is a pair of tickets to see the utes play arizona on november 17.

and now, my third and final B… BLEND!

the time has come for us to announce details about blend retreat 2013! we went back and forth on holding it in boulder, CO again or holding it somewhere new… and in the end, we have decided on a new location! drumroll please…

yep! blend 2013 will be right here in my own backyard—park city, utah! it is a beautiful mountainous ski town full of lots of fun things to do. tickets will be $100 and will be on sale in january, i will keep you posted on the exact date. ticket sales will be capped at 125, so keep that in mind. we want to keep the event small so everyone attending has a chance to get to know each other. i cannot wait for the retreat! i think penny and randy may have to make a guest appearance on a hike or two!!

whelp, that covers all three Bs. i am signing off now so i can go watch the latest episode of dexter with my little fam. have a great night!

Q~

what is one “B” from your day?

andrea October 15, 2012 at 6:51 pm

omg i wanna go but im not brave enough to go alone!

Janetha October 15, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Just come with me, then :)

andrea October 15, 2012 at 7:29 pm

cool ill look forward to the details.

andrea October 15, 2012 at 7:36 pm

a flight from nj is $396 that’s cheap!

Janetha October 15, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Awesome! That IS cheap!

andrea October 15, 2012 at 6:53 pm

btw dexter was sooo good last night!

Carly @ Snack Therapy October 15, 2012 at 6:57 pm

So many fun “B’s!”

Some B’s from my day: Berries (of the straw variety), babysitting, boyfriend… and boredom (due to studying for midterms).

Happy Monday!

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries October 15, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Kerryne looked awesome!!

I’m SO stoked to hear that Blend Retreat is here in Utah! Can’t beat that! ;)

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 15, 2012 at 7:01 pm

SO excited for blend 2013! I’m going to start saving now… ;)

Julie October 15, 2012 at 7:03 pm

It’s good to hear it’s closer this time around!

Momma b October 15, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Oh man I’m so excited for the Blend retreat…..something tells me we may use our home for storing some swag!! Can’t wait to get going on it :-)

Sure hope your feet start feeling better!!

Hip hip hooray for Kerryne I’m so proud of that lady!!

Love you.
xo

Amy October 15, 2012 at 7:33 pm

B for blog — I just got back from Ireland last week and have been wanting to share my thoughts and pictures on my blog. Posted it tonight, success! Is it just me or is it really difficult to not only narrow down pictures but also figure out how to express a really wonderful vacation?

Janetha October 15, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Not just you.. it’s hard!

Erica October 15, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Wow! Girlfriend looks amazing! Congrats to her. The burpee mile sounds just awesome! Wish I could come!! And Blend! Please come somewhere close to me next year so I can attend ;) Too hard with the peanut right now. My B from today? I taught Body Step and ate a banana ;)

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 15, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Kerryne looks fantastic! She definitely gets kudos for that – that must take so much preparation!

B’s for the day – boyfriend, banana…umm…yea. that’s all I got. :-)

Jayme October 15, 2012 at 7:56 pm

B is for…Beesly, my puppy whose cuddled up next to be. So impressed with The Burpee Mile, because I can’t even do one without falling on my face.

Lauren October 15, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Wahoo!! I knew Blend was coming to Utah but I’m so stoked to hear more details. It’s my dream to make it happen this year!!

Sara October 15, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Congrats to Kerryne! She looks impressive. WOW.
Blend sounds like it’ll be another fantastic time. Maybe I’ll get brave enough to try and come… ooh.
My B… I read at Barnes & Nobles today. :)
(hope your feet get feeling better asap)

Heather (Heather's Dish) October 15, 2012 at 8:07 pm

i’m so stoked about blend – i’ve never been to park city!!!!

lindsay October 15, 2012 at 8:08 pm

ya, bikini, on stage, high heels, and no carbs don’t go well with me. LOL!

Love you, yea blend!

Kerryne October 15, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Thanks Geneva…. I am so glad to have such great friends and support there at my comps. Makes a huge difference, and the post show meal could not have been beat! Thanks for sharing! Loves and hugs!

Laura @ LauraLivesLife October 15, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Yay! PC! You know I won’t miss it!

Carbzilla October 15, 2012 at 8:39 pm

My B is Back from vacation in Hawaii, but I took an extra day off because I thought I was getting an eye infection.

I may have to be in PC at my bros during Blend if I get to see you and the fam. My sis-in-law there is a massage therapist so let me know if you’re in need of her services and maybe you guys can work something out.

(I get to see Deb this week – yay!)

Brittany @Berries and Barbells October 15, 2012 at 9:16 pm

So excited Blend is going to be in Utah. I would LOVE to come!!

jodie October 15, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Bullying. I went to see a documentary about it called “Minnesota Nice?”

Annette@FitnessPerks October 15, 2012 at 9:57 pm

YAY for Blend being close!!! :)

Kerryne looks fantastic. WAY to go!

B today is for BodyPUMP x2. Taught twice. So tired.

Kirstin @ Kirstin's Gone Racing October 15, 2012 at 11:41 pm

I’m REALLY thinking about Blend this year. It’s only a week after my birthday, too. Hmm….late gift to myself?

Kirstin @ Kirstin's Gone Racing October 15, 2012 at 11:43 pm

jessie ann james October 16, 2012 at 12:10 am

park city?! its a must for me!!! how do we sign up?

RainStorm October 16, 2012 at 12:22 am

I’m still pretty scared of those burpies! That is going to be really hard work! Blend sounds pretty exciting though. Shame I’m in the UK…

My B would be breakfast because I’ve just eaten it (and am running late as usual- these colder, darker mornings are killing me!). It was porridge with tinned pears and hot water with a slice of lemon. Now just have to get myself out of the door!

Have a good Tuesday!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance October 16, 2012 at 6:12 am

ahhh! I so want to go on the retreat! maybe I can try and get there…well have to see. so exciting!

Corey @ When We Wander October 16, 2012 at 6:40 am

I could never do one of those competitions either!! I’d be wayyy too nervous up on stage in a bikini!

It’s so cute how you and your coworkers make breakfast together every day! What a great ritual!

Janetha October 16, 2012 at 8:02 am

It really is fun! My boss calls us the breakfast club lol

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige October 16, 2012 at 6:48 am

Yeah Kerryne!
YEAH Blend!
YEAAAAHH Utah!
Yeah :)

Tamara October 16, 2012 at 7:12 am

I hope your feet are all better soon!

And as I told Katie yesterday, I really hope I can make it to Blend!! I’m going to start saving now and scope out some airfares from DTW!

Tracey October 16, 2012 at 7:15 am

Off to get that waffle mix! What recipe did you use to make them?

Janetha October 16, 2012 at 7:58 am

Just off the box

Tracey October 16, 2012 at 10:57 am

Thanks:)

Gillian October 16, 2012 at 7:42 am

Congrats to your friend! I would love to go to Blend next year and hang out with you and all the wonderful bloggers !! :)

Bonnie October 16, 2012 at 8:17 am

B is for… Bonnie’s bursting with bubbly excitement for her burpee mile on Sunday! ;) Leigh and I are going to do it Sunday morning (I’d join in Sat but I’m at a fitness conference all day) – I seriously cannot wait! Is it weird that I went to bed and dreamed about burpees? Oh boy. Really pumped for it. Watched the video – I would have done the burpees the traditional way; thanks, Neil, for setting me straight before the burpee mile so I make the most of my jumps! With my short legs I have a feeling it’ll take a while.

Also, is there a time you’re shooting for? And all in unison? So you’re going as fast as the slowest person, essentially? Just curious on the particulars. :) Good luck!

And Blend in Utah? So much closer! Ahhhh I want to make it happen! :D Pumped for the event. And way to go Kerryne on a job WELL DONE at the comp – her body (and therefore work and focus and dedication) amazes me. :)

Lots of good things to get stoked about – woot!

Janetha October 16, 2012 at 10:01 am

Bonnie, you HAVE TO COME to Blend. Please please please? I need you there. Also, the burpee mile will be good for us shorties because we go as fast as the TALLEST one. We all do a burpee then walk up to where the tallest guy got to and go again! We did a half mile like this and it took around 25-30 minutes, so the mile should be close to an hour! I am really stoked you are going to do it. I cannot wait to see. Thank you!

the delicate place October 16, 2012 at 10:08 am

depending on how things go at work at the end of this year, BLEND might be a possibility for me! wow your friend looks great!

omg. is that really a sparkly ruby jock-string?! brave LOL. i haven’t watched any dexter in the last season…i mean deb. really? it was getting a bit too absurd for me…is it worth still watching?

my B’s for the day: bison burger for lunch, boardwalk empire on netflix and brow wax after work today!

Janetha October 16, 2012 at 10:42 am

this season is already way better than last!!

Simone October 16, 2012 at 11:51 am

my daily B is from the blueberry pancakes I ate for breakfast :)
those shows are crazy, i’m always so impressed but I just don’t have the discipline or desire (read: obsessed with carbs) to train like they do

Lisa October 16, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I’m so hoping I can attend Blend next year!! It sounded like so much fun. I love that you can make waffles at work, that is too awesome.

Elizabeth M. October 16, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Good call on Blend in Utah. Even though I’m not blogging any more, Aurora and I will definitely have to make an appearance for some hiking!

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons October 16, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Can we just call this post Triple B?

ooh! or the B-word ;)

or…. i’ll quit while i’m not-so-ahead before you BANISH me!

Yes I regret that 2nd cup of coffee I just downed ;) Not really though — Congrats to Kerryne and hooray for blend 2013!!!!

Tara October 16, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Awww dadgumit! I move back to Denver and now the Blend retreat moves too? Guess I’ll have to find a way to Utah. ;)

Meg October 16, 2012 at 6:03 pm

Wow, awesome job to Kerryne! She looks fabulous :)

glidingcalm October 16, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Blend sounds so fun! too bad I am POOR and can’t afford airfare or an extra hundo buckeroos right now… maybe someday I’ll make it to a blogger retreat!!

that pancake mix looks SOO GOOD! i need to order that STAT

purelymichelle October 16, 2012 at 7:47 pm

wow! good luck with the burpees!!

and yay for blend retreat, Lori and I hope to make it this year!!

Neil October 16, 2012 at 9:55 pm

I’m so FRICKIN in for blend! I was sick to have to missed last year’s. I have gotten to know (read: stalked) many of those who visit your site and can’t wait to meet them.

Pumped.

Neil October 16, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Also Kerryne … I have THREE words for her:

HOW YOU DOIN?

ML Bishop October 17, 2012 at 1:55 am

um, B is for the bitchy cashier at the grocery store when I tried to redeem coupons and the extra effort irritated her. :)

Mollie @Sprinkles of Life October 17, 2012 at 8:29 am

Yay Blend!! I’ve been so anxious for the dates and location to come out! I really hope I’m one to snag a ticket! I’ll be at my computer ready to purchase hopefully in the first minute they become available!! :)

Amanda E. October 17, 2012 at 1:20 pm

So Blend is for gawkers to the blog as well, not just bloggers, right? *laugh* I try to blog and always feel boring, but the idea of getting to know some totally awesome ladies sounds pretty cool, and having it 15 minutes away from home makes it even more tempting.

Janetha October 17, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Right! You don’t have to have a blog to come!

Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre October 17, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Well gee, if Penny and Randy are going to be there then I am DEFINITELY going. :) But really, I am definitely going anyway. I can’t wait.

Veronica K October 18, 2012 at 1:56 am

I wanted to go last year, and really want to go this time! I’m just a reader and a huge introvert, but hopefully I’ll get over it!

Jessica October 22, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I’m more than excited for Blend. Woot!!