tuesday’s entirety, take five.

by Janetha on October 9, 2012

in day job,meals,moves,product review

i checked, and the last time i did a tuesday’s entirety post was in august. that means it’s time to ramble about my whole day again! just to warn you.. this could get long. and boring. read at your own risk.

things started off this morning by pressing snooze on my alarm clock three or eleven too many times.. meaning i didn’t make it to GPP for the early morning class.. also meaning i barely made it to work on time. okay, i am lying, i made it to work 16 minutes late. that’s okay, though, because i stayed 22 minutes past quitting time.

i drank my morning juice on the way to work. marshall is still making me juice every morning, and i am still happily drinking it.

i owe you guys a post on how marshall makes this whole-food juice. it’s in the works. promise.

after dropping the pups off at daycare, i got to work and did a few morning tasks before breaking for coffee.

IMG_6772IMG_6768

today’s brew was a hazelnut k-cup with vanilla cream. it’s a tasty blend, but doesn’t beat the pumpkin spice k-cups i picked up at dunkin’ donuts in chicago last month. if any of you dunkin’ donuts frequenters want to pick me up a box, feel free! ;)

breakfast came around 10:30 AM.. i like to have my juice and coffee a couple hours before eating. the real reason for this is because kerryne and amanda eat at 10:30 and i want to hang out with them in the kitchen.

as you can see, breakfast today wasn’t glamorous, but it was tasty. an egg plus two whites cooked in the microwave topped with ketchup (this is really grossing marshall out right now, he hates the stuff…) and then a new-to-me english muffin, toasted and topped with whipped cream cheese.

IMG 6802

these PUMPKIN english muffins were sent to me for free from thomas. they are limited edition and they are freaking fabulous. there are also pumpkin spice bagels and bagel thins. these are in stores now through early december.. keep an eye out and snag some if you see them! they are flipping delicious.

work got super crazy for a few hours… i am not sure why, but i was bombarded with one problem after another and then one more for good measure. it was stressful. and time consuming.

because of that, lunchtime wasn’t until 2:15. i realized i’d consumed zero ounces of water for the day. what is my problem?!? so, instead of filling up my water bottle, i filled up my belly with a sandwich. at this point, i was more hungry than i was thirsty.

this was wheat bread, mustard, herbed turkey (from costco) and romaine. i know, another sad and pathetic photo. this is why i don’t detail my meals each and every day. i eat at my desk, i work all day long, and i don’t do anything to fancy up the situation like i used to back in the day. sadly, i am just way too busy at work to mess with office food photo shoots these days.

my boss pulled me away from my “lunch break” (if you can call it that) to do some urgent work, so i got side tracked for an hour and didn’t end up drinking any water until 3:30. i freaking suck. i managed to down 50 ounces before leaving for the day.

i picked up the pups after work and got home just after 5 o’clock. i popped my gummy vitamins, love these things!

IMG 6801

i quickly threw a couple chicken breasts in a marinade of garlic seasoning and balsamic vinegar for dinner and changed for the gym. i scarfed down a muffin from the batch i baked last night.. they are peach pear banana muffins and are totally healthy! recipe here.

IMG 6797

i also drank my noxplode and fitmixer as a pre-workout beverage. no photo, i was in a hurry! i actually couldn’t even find my shoes and was going to be late to class, so i went without them. the workout didn’t require shoes, anyway, so it was fine.

today’s workout was shoulders & triceps at GPP. i love tuesdays because we always work on strength gains. this was a lot of fun! i love working my shoulders.

source: gppfit.com

i did the workout in the order written and my results were as follows: OH press 65#x3; OH SC 45#, 50#x2; dips 35×3; and lat raise 15#x3. after the workout i did 100 burpees with a few of my lady friends at the gym in preparation for the burpee mile!  it was a fun night at GPP. even more fun because melissa and i matched each other in an inverted way with our teal and black.

NewImage

i came home and ate another half a muffin because i like them. lots. i also checked the mail and squealed with delight because i got a postcard from jessica who is over in the UK on vacation. HI JESSIKER! THANKS!

IMG 6807

other good mail? the box of core power protein drinks i ordered from amazon (love these drinks so much!!)

IMG 6806

and a packers gear catalog.. marshall’s birthday is next week. think he’d like this bathroom setup? haha.

IMG 6808

after basking in my fun mail, i made a mediterranean-inspired quinoa to go with the balsamic chicken that was marinating while i was at the gym. it was simply cooked quinoa tossed with olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, diced tomatoes, feta, dried basil, salt, and pepper. so simple, yet so good!

IMG 6819

i grilled the chicken on my staub indoor grill pan and steamed some broccoli to serve on the side. it’s a good thing, too, because i realized the only veggies i’d had all day were in my morning juice and the sad romaine lettuce on my sandwich. truth be told, i am not the best at getting my veggies in. eight ounces of chicken, however? no problem. yum.

IMG 6833

i plan to spend the rest of the evening cleaning, de-cluttering, folding clothes, and trying to get my life in order. september was a whirlwind of a month with so many events and so much traveling, and my house has seriously suffered from the situation. of course, i made a list!

IMG 6811

i am going to spend the next few evenings straightening up so i don’t go completely bonkers from the mess.

dessert will most likely be another peach pear banana muffin…i mean, i have, like, 13 more to eat.

thanks for reading my rambles! have a good one.

1. on a scale from 1 to 10, how bad (or good!) are you at getting your veggies in?

2. when it comes to strength training, what is your favorite muscle to work?

Sana October 9, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I am totally going to get some TJ’s gummy vitamins!

Brittany @Berries and Barbells October 9, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I would say I’m a 5 with veggies. I have really good days and really bad days!

I love to work my rear end. It’s also the spot where I need the most work. Maybe that’s why I like it. ;)

Corrie Anne October 9, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Postcards are the best to get!! I need to send some if I ever manage to go on vacation again – lol. I am going search for those pumpkin English muffins. I LOVE English muffins. I have a hard time with the veggies and the water too… still a work in progress, I guess. My favorite muscle to work is probably legs? I don’t know. I like multi-tasking moves — like burpees!

Carly @ Snack Therapy October 9, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I love fruit. Veggies, not as much. I try to get at least three servings of veggies in each day. I figure this, paired with my bazillion servings of fruit, meets my 5-a-day quota. As for the water consumption, I never have an issue drinking enough. I usually go through at least 120 oz a day. I do, however, have an issue because I have to pee every second and a half. Water will do that, ya know?

Sophie October 9, 2012 at 11:19 pm

I would say I give myself a 9.5/10 for veggies – could easily live on veggies alone, but need the protein if I want to keep exercising the way that I do. However, I give myself a 2/10 for water consumption – I’m terrible, particularly because of the amount of exercise I do.

Favourite for strength training? Glutes for sure.

Jam October 9, 2012 at 11:36 pm

a 7/10 for veggies: I like ’em. And favorite for strength training is back–with dumbbell exercises. And the office food pics are ok-that’s life, I like that it is really the way it looks at work. I think we all relate with the tinfoil and sandwich.

RainStorm October 10, 2012 at 12:07 am

I am having a very similar morning – too tired but must leave or work soon! I’m ok at getting my veg – when I cook I put loads of veg in (so much that two portions of meat often accidentally gets stretched to 3 or 4 portions! I probably have 4-6 portions most days. But sometimes I have rubbish days where I only get 1 or 2!!! Oops

Kristin @ STUFT Mama October 10, 2012 at 1:01 am

Good luck organizing everything. I need to do the same like NOW. :) I can take a muffin off your hands if you need. :)

Erica October 10, 2012 at 2:36 am

I still need to locate the thomas’ pumpkin products! I’ve heard such good things. Ketchup grosses the man out? I cannot have my eggs without ketchup- so yummy. I like to work legs and I consume mass quantities of veggies most days ;)

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance October 10, 2012 at 3:08 am

I’m pretty good at getting veggies in, and for me it’s easy, because I pack a salad for lunch every day. The consistency keeps it easy and I don’t have to think about veggies. It’s automatic!

My favorite muscles to work are my lower body! Love the burn!

Sarah October 10, 2012 at 4:42 am

I was thinking about checking out TJ’s for vitamins just yesterday…. strange that I come across your post! Strange but totally awesome. I’m happy to read your positive feedback on em!
GPPfit… just checked out their programming, definitely good workouts!!! Your shoulder workout looks like a fun one :)

kim@hungryhealthygirl October 10, 2012 at 5:08 am

Looks like a busy, but good day….similiar to mine. I’m pretty good at getting the veggies in because I make lots of salads. I had a hazelnut k-cup too. Dinner looked fabulous and I’ve looked for the pumpkin sandwich thins and just can’t seem to find them.

Janet October 10, 2012 at 5:46 am

Juices are my favorite way to get veggies inthe morning. I eat a ton of veggies and at least 3 fruit servings a day. Not a protein lover.

I love the pen in your last photo. I buy them in bulk.
I also wrap them with a bright orange sticky name tag at work to prevent pen theft. True story.

Ellen M. Gregg October 10, 2012 at 5:47 am

I am an ace at getting my veggies (and fruits) in. In fact, I start right off with breakfast, adding spinach and/or mushrooms and/or onions and peppers to my eggs, plus having a cup of grapes on the side. By the time breakfast is over, I’ve had 1 – 2 servings of veggies; usually 2. I have two servings of veggies at lunch, and another 2 servings at dinner. I also have 3 – 4 servings of fruit every day. I love. :-)

sarah @ sarah learns October 10, 2012 at 6:11 am

i’m really bad about getting veggies in until dinner, especially on days when i don’t work from home! breakfast is usually fruit + pb and coffee, lunch is random things i grab on my way out the door (larabar, cheese stick, almonds, etc.) and then veggies are back-loaded on the day at dinner. womp womp.

katie October 10, 2012 at 6:27 am

I had the thomas pumpkin english muffins today! LOVED them! SO damn good! I did mine sweet style!

I miss you very much : p

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List October 10, 2012 at 6:39 am

I love working shoulders too! And my traps are the fastest (and easiest) to make grow..so I tend toward upper body.

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie October 10, 2012 at 7:32 am

I do a horrible job with veggies. Now fruit I could eat all day, everyday. I cant wait to find the pumpkin spice bagel thins!

the delicate place October 10, 2012 at 7:36 am

oh i get my veggies in everyday! i either drink them or have them on the side with my protein at lunch and dinner. i had a green (pulp-less juice) first thing and then my breakfast this morning was 3 hard boiled eggs but i will get my veg on later you better believe it!

i really need to work on some strength…i haven’t even done a bodyweight workout for about a month and i tried a zwow today and made it through 2 rounds before i caved…it was supposed to be 5 whoops! yep i can do about 10 pushups before i have to drop to my knees. :sad:

Tracey October 10, 2012 at 8:08 am

I usually do chicken on the grill, how do long and at what temp do you cook it in the oven? Also, did you marinade it in anything? Thanks!

Janetha October 10, 2012 at 8:40 am

I didn’t do it in the oven… it was on my indoor grill pan! But when I do bake chicken, it is at 350 for around 30 minutes. I sear each side for a couple minutes before transferring to the oven.

Tracey October 10, 2012 at 8:42 am

LOL..sorry..did you marinade it first?

Janetha October 10, 2012 at 10:20 am

yep! for a couple hours in balsamic vinegar!

Tracey October 10, 2012 at 11:29 am

EASY! Thanks!

Melissa B October 10, 2012 at 8:19 am

I feel so popular being on your blog! ;) I’m totally going to make those muffins, they look freakin delicious! Also, shoulders are my fav to workout, because I feel like you see definition in them the fastest – and I like quick results!

Kerryne October 10, 2012 at 8:24 am

How is it that the food you make always looks freaking amazing? Love you, and glad we get to share in the “fun” at work together! Wouldn’t be the same without my two favorite girls!

Alex @ therunwithin October 10, 2012 at 8:39 am

i do that too, totally forget about water because I am just swamped.

Megan October 10, 2012 at 8:50 am

I love the occasions when I can get a veggie in at breakfast, like throwing spinach in a smoothie or omelet. Sadly, that doesn’t happen often, because I’ve been on a cottage cheese binge for breakfast lately. So, usually veggies happen with lunch and dinner. Favorite strength training muscle to work is definitely triceps. I think it’s because my triceps are the least favorite part of my body, and I feel like I’m puttin’ in some effort when I work ’em!

Calee October 10, 2012 at 8:56 am

those muffins sound good, but i thought it was a turkey muffin at first glance (though also good).

also … boo hiss packers and all of that. ;)

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 10, 2012 at 10:34 am

I LOVE those Thomas’s pumpkin english muffins. I just finished a pack yesterday and i’m so sad they’re gone! :(

Annette@FitnessPerks October 10, 2012 at 10:50 am

I’m actually pretty good at getting veggies in–usually because I cook kale or spinach with eggs and have a spinach/kale smoothie every day. Plus the sides of veggies at lunch/dinner or a huge (mixing bowl) salad at lunch. I like my veggies!

Fav muscle to work: legs. I am a weirdo. And yes, I realize that is wayyyy more than 1 muscle ;)

Janetha October 10, 2012 at 11:25 am

not weird. I LOVE LEG DAYS.

Paige October 10, 2012 at 11:29 am

Old school Janetha post!
Thanks for the note on the DD K-cups. I’ve been debating whether or not to make the trip across town to pick some up! Love ya girl <3

glidingcalm October 10, 2012 at 12:38 pm

that dinner looks amazing! I love feta and tomatoes and I havent had it in so long!

also those muffins sound delicious. i should print that recipe!

when im at work with long days, my meals are really boring, so I feel ya!
Today I have a half day off, so im making butternut squash fries for lunch. bam! so excited!

LOVE YOU

Naomi(onefitfoodie) October 10, 2012 at 12:47 pm

definately legs for this gal! all time favorite and love finding new ways to kick my own butt (literally!)

pumpkin spice EVERYTHING I will take it! did you hear about the starbucks pumpkin syrup shortage?!?! omg blasphemy! haha. You are looking FABULOUS lady! xoxo

Maren October 10, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Lindsay Cotter sent me one of those core power shakes to try and it was seriously amazing!!! I need to order mine…once I’m not broke from this damn wedding! I am normally super good at getting my veggies in…I love veggies! But I’ve had a pb ball, a luna bar, a kind bar, and some mixed nuts today..random and not a veggie in sight. Oops. We are having crock pot chicken taco soup, so I’ll get a few in at dinner ;)

Man I wish I loved working shoulders…I just feel SO weak, so I hate doing them….guess I should work them harder so they aren’t so weak anymore eh?

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 10, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I go back and forth with my veggies…some days I’m about a 2, other days I’m a 10. I’m finding that my intake goes down once the weather gets colder though – no desire for salads whatsoever.

And I love training my legs! Probably because it’s the body part that comes easiest to me.

Bonnie October 10, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I like these whole day posts for some reason. :) I’d say I’m at about a 4 when it comes to veggies, although some days it’s higher. Generally they’re harder for me to get! As for working out, you KNOW I love total body moves – burpees truly are a favorite! But shoulders make me feel strong too…and I love core. I’m all over the place! Way to go with those burpees too – on Tuesday I also did 100 (burpee-to-pull-ups) and it felt great to get them done!

BroccoliHut October 10, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Well, you’ve convinced me to hunt down those pumpkin spice English muffins–they sound amazing!
As for getting in my veggies, I’m pretty good at it, so I’ll give myself a 10. I’m terrible about drinking enough water though.
My favorite strength training day is biceps/triceps, mostly because I see results there the fastest :)

purelylori October 10, 2012 at 4:02 pm

girl well Michelle and I love our veggies, so guess maybe a 9 ;) haha
and favorite thing to strength train is been legs lately but adore working the shoulders too

momma b. October 10, 2012 at 5:09 pm

oh man i am awful at eating vegetables – as in if not eating them equaled sure death – then I’m a goner…..

I like arms and legs about the same :)

I love you the most though!
xo

Lisa October 11, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Oh yum, that quinoa sounds awesome and easy which is a win for me!
I’m pretty good at getting in my veggies, since I typically crave them everyday. Sometimes I don’t, so I just roll with it. Especially if I’m having tummy issues. Yah, can’t eat that broccoli and cauliflower then…
I love training triceps and shoulders the most!