weekend things & scenes.

by Janetha on September 30, 2012

in fun with friends,groceries,random rambles

1. ouch. my calves have not been this sore in months. if you want a KILLER leg workout, do leg shredder. i did it on friday and my legs have been screaming all weekend.

2. i got home at 1:30 AM on friday night and 3 AM saturday night… giving me a grand total of 11 hours of sleep over the weekend. for me, this is not enough. not nearly enough. no.

3. my friend monika taught me about a tasty new way to eat garden tomato slices: top them with olive oil, a squirt of lemon, and sea salt. then she gave me a bag of garden tomatoes to try it at home. try it. you will fall in love with the combination.

4. friday we went to the mono show. it’s a good band. if you are into all instrumental and no lyrics and lots of good tunes, you should check them out. i didn’t even know i liked them until i saw them in concert.

5. i got three new pair of earrings from peach treats at the farmers market on saturday, including these in coral. i am obsessed with her new styles. i also have my eye on these.. yes, please.

6. i met some friends at the big ass show yesterday. it’s a concert put on by our local radio station and consists of 10 or 15 bands and approximately 1,432,237 teenagers. i lasted less than an hour before leaving. we had fun while it lasted, though.

IMG 2177

7. did you know the motorized shopping carts turn on a dime? true story.

IMG 2140

8. i can’t WAIT for haunted houses. i love halloween and spooky, scary things. this creeper dude that was promoting a local haunted house (fear factory) really got me in the mood for october. but i wasn’t very scared of him.

IMG 2158

9. try as they might, my friends could not get me to wear a sparkly sequined dress to the bar last night. i just couldn’t do it. the sequins were super scratchy. and i am a terrible girly girl. maybe next time… maybe.

IMG 2153

10. it was nikki’s (left) and chelsea’s (right) birthday celebration yesterday. aren’t they stunners? they both just turned 21…. ;)

IMG 2155

11. this morning i hiked to elephant rock with amanda, marshall, and the pups. it was 7 miles round trip. super fun!

IMG 2172IMG 2173

12. amanda and i went to bistro on main after the hike. see the top special? that was in my belly. along with lots of coffee.

IMG 2167

13. amanda made me try the monkey bars today. um. i am a failure. and i am also really screwed since tough mudder is less than two weeks away… eep.

14. i went to whole foods today and came out with three new-to-me things.

finally found this stuff:

IMG 2178

got this spiced cider because marshall LOVES it:

IMG 2181

and i couldn’t resist buying this stuff (and opening it immediately upon walking in the door… it’s so good):

IMG 2179

good stats & ingredients, too:

IMG 2180

15. guess who won their game today?!

IMG 2182

YAY. go pack go!

speaking of go.. i am going to bed. now.

Q~

what was your weekend highlight?

Heather (Heather's Dish) September 30, 2012 at 9:31 pm

The hike soUnds amazing, and I want to know what you think about that vanilla almond butter!

Sana September 30, 2012 at 9:36 pm

The hike looks awesome, I need to find some people to hike with around here!

Brittany @Berries and Barbells September 30, 2012 at 9:40 pm

We had a birthday party for my almost 3 year old and went to the USU football game. It was a great weekend.

That hummus looks SO good!

Momma b September 30, 2012 at 9:43 pm

You were a busy girl! Sounds like a lot of fun. My highlight had to be the cultural talent night where I hula hooped and danced the night away!!!

Love you!
xo

Corrie Anne September 30, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Sweet potato hummus sounds amazing!! We went hiking in Boulder! Pippa’s first time!! I was a little intimidated by the wildlife warning signs, but we had a blast!! If you can’t do sequins, glitter perhaps!? :)

Erica October 1, 2012 at 2:48 am

Party machine! Glad you had fun!! Not sure I could rock a dress of that nature either. They all look fab though. I am just thrilled for halloween over all- such a fun holiday! We had our launches at the gym this weekend.

Sara October 1, 2012 at 5:37 am

My highlight was going to the Purdue football game with my Dad. And Purdue won! Whew! It’s become a tradition between Dad and me. Love it.

Lauren October 1, 2012 at 6:13 am

My goodness lady what an incredible weekend! The hike looks absolutely breathtaking! And I love all of your food finds. I will never be able to find that Justin’s around here. Seriously, I asked them at the last food show and they said they are only making it on the west coast. Boo!
Always thinking about you love!

andrea October 1, 2012 at 6:14 am

you make me want to come to Utah and hang out with you so badly, your weekends always seem amazing!

Kim@hungryhealthygirl October 1, 2012 at 6:32 am

That sweet potato hummus looks delicious! Looks like you had a great weekend. I had a fun weekend at the baseball game with my family. Have a great week!

Sierra October 1, 2012 at 6:47 am

Your arms are looking amazing…good work.

I went to a blogger meet up yesterday and someone had pumpkin spice hummus. A totally different taste, but still okay. Sweet potato sounds more like my kinda thing.

Janetha October 1, 2012 at 8:41 am

thank you! mmm.. that hummus sounds intriguing!

Shannon @ Her Dog Blog October 1, 2012 at 7:00 am

Love the headband you wore hiking! What brand is it slash where can I get me one? :-)

Janetha October 1, 2012 at 8:41 am

lulu!

Katie October 1, 2012 at 7:12 am

Oh I need to go hiking…that picture of you at the top of a mountain makes me nostalgic for Boulder. And BLEND.

I also love a good leg soreness. I’m on that Leg Shredder today.

Julie @ Sweetly Balanced October 1, 2012 at 7:38 am

Sounds like a fun weekend!! I also went on a hike!! My fiance took me on a weekend camping trip for my birthday! We hiked, went to an apple farm for lunch, haunted hay ride at night… Made smores by the fire!! It was an amazing weekend!! :)

Alex @ therunwithin October 1, 2012 at 7:55 am

whoa sweet potato hummus? what a unique find.

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 1, 2012 at 8:20 am

My weekend highlight was yesterday’s 5k race (my first race ever) where I finished in 28 minutes and came in #5 in my age group. For me, that’s amazing!

Janetha October 1, 2012 at 8:37 am

YAHOO!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning October 1, 2012 at 8:31 am

I can’t BELIEVE you can stay up that late!! I’d be more inclined to WAKE up at 3 am than go to bed then :)
I need to find that cider. Greg would be all over it too.
And I would like to come hike with you and go to breakfast afterwards. If I had unlimited flying miles, I would make that happen every week. xoxo

Life's a Bowl October 1, 2012 at 8:51 am

Your weekend sounds wonderful- tons or fun and tasty treats! The highlight from my weekend: seeing one of my best girlfriends get married :D It’s hard to believe that my husband and I got married a month ago and my girlfriends are all getting married… Next comes the babies [but not for a while haha]!

Emily @ www.main-eats.com October 1, 2012 at 10:42 am

Looks like an awesome weekend!

Tiffani @ Miles In Murray October 1, 2012 at 11:07 am

Gosh, you sure had a fun weekend! :)

Our highlight was Chad’s (the boyfriend) 30th birthday camping trip! Woohoo!

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed October 1, 2012 at 11:25 am

I wore giangantor tall heels last weekend, and I kinda wanted to die. I get you on the girly girl thing.

Laura @ RunningJunkie123 October 1, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Wow! You had an awesome weekend!

I had a low key weekend at home with my boyfriend and our kids, but those are the best. I slept a TON (10 hours on friday/saturday and 9 on sunday lol) and had some great workouts. One being a comfortable 6 mile run with my 6 year old daughter biking next to me. She did awesome! We went to the Pumpkin Patch too!

Annette@FitnessPerks October 1, 2012 at 12:48 pm

What a great weekend! I think that hike sounds fun–and so pretty! I need some more hiking in my life, for sure. But when?! hah.

I launched BP 83 at the gym & it was a huge hit. SO tough. I also had a bunch of errands, date night (movie watching!), church, and baking. It was a great weekend!

Lisa October 1, 2012 at 2:21 pm

The hike looks beautiful, and so do you from your weekend pictures out!
I love haunted stuff too, but I actually get freaked out. Its kind of embarrassing, but I can’t help but LOVE all that Halloween stuff. Its my favourite time of year.
Kind of jealous you found that vanilla almond butter!

Janetha October 1, 2012 at 7:38 pm

I am bummed, it’s kinda TOO sweet =/

Simone October 1, 2012 at 3:15 pm

my weekend highlight was my niece’s 5th birthday party…oh and 2 froyo dates :), so yummy!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 1, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I’m really hoping there’s a haunted house around here – those things are amazing! I volunteered in one all through high school. Pretty much funnest volunteering experience of my life. :-)

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva October 1, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Oh my goodness I love sweet potato dip. I get one here that is roasted and mixed with cashew nuts and ginger. So good. Weekend highlight was basking in the glorious sun!

Kim @ The Family Practice October 2, 2012 at 7:01 am

Packers huh? I’m from Seattle…so…
Guess it’s a good thing we don’t watch MNF together! That would have been awkward :)

the delicate place October 2, 2012 at 7:28 am

this weekend was ridiculously fast! we were so busy but the highlight was running a 10k race through the city in the pouring rain on sunday morning. it was so freeing and exactly what i needed. now i won’t have to run again for like 2 months haha.

that is exactly how i eat my tomatoes plus fresh cracked pepper! so so good,i love the evoo with the sweetness of the summer tomato. too bad they are going to taste like crap for the next several months. oh well…i guess we have root veg/squash to look forward to!

i feel old when i go to shows now but i don’t care…i get to drink and they don’t! bonus!! that vanilla justin’s is my absolute favorite!

Lauren October 3, 2012 at 1:47 pm

It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. I haven’t been hiking in forever-putting it on the to do list now. You found Justin’s vanilla almond butter! Super jealous! How do you like it? Last weekend was spent doing homework but this weekend should be great. My birthday is on Saturday so I get to celebrate over the long weekend. Should be fun!

Janetha October 3, 2012 at 4:44 pm

To be honest, it was kinda too sweet! Happy early birthday!!