flashback friday fun: the myspace survey.

by Janetha on September 28, 2012

in questions answered,random rambles

so i had some free time on my hands awhile back… it was a long while back, since i have had zero free time lately. i decided to look at my old myspace account. what a trip down memory lane that was! it was hilarious to read the comments people were leaving five years ago… and the comments from marshall before we were an item. it was also hilarious to read the surveys i filled out (via myspace bulletin.) i found several survey gems in my myspace email that made me laugh. i tucked it away for a busier time in my life (like right now) and decided to post a myspace survey with the original answers (circa 2007) and post my current answers. because that’s fun. for me, at least. good thing this is my blog!

let’s set the scene: i was 23. it was may, 2007. i was recovering from my stupid broken arm. i didn’t have a boyfriend.. marshall and i were just co-workers. but i wasn’t working, because i was laid up on the couch. i had a lot of time on my hands… that could have gone without saying.

OA=original answer
AT=answer today
(anything in italics)=something i have to say today about my original answer

i will throw in some old flashback photos for visual appeal.

When did your last kiss take place?
OA: the other day (and for the record, it was not marshall)
AT: this morning, before marshall left for work. it wasn’t a very good one… i was sitting on the floor doing my makeup, he was standing over my head, so it was kinda like a spiderman kiss, ya know?

Four words to explain why you last threw up?
OA: whiskey beer jager lortabs (boy, i knew how to party)
AT: i don’t remember the last time i threw up! gold star.

If you could fly, where would you go first?
OA:either australia or norway.. to see friends
AT: i’ve been to norway! not austrailia..yet.. but if i could fly today, the first place i would go would be to greece.

[in norway]

[in norway again]

Who do you want to be with right now?
OA: someone who is on vacation.. (haha.. and by that i meant i wanted to be on vacation myself. not with any particular person.)
AT: right now? i wouldn’t mind being alone. i’ve had quite the crazy busy life lately and being alone sounds nice.

How do you handle a break up?
OA: i usually make it happen.. so better than the guy most times
AT: hopefully i won’t have to handle one any time soon. i don’t think it would be too fun.

Your motivation for tomorrow?
OA: lets see, thursday. im closing a fence deal.. going to the gym.. those are both pretty motivating
AT: saturday, whoop! the gym, the farmer’s market, the big ass show, and out with some birthday girls. lots of motivation right there!

Last thing you ate?
OA: english muffin
AT: leftover red enchiladas (made with jarred trader joe’s sauce) and some nacho cheese tortilla popchips.

Do you kiss your pets on the mouth?
OA: of course. mable kisses lalala
AT: awe i miss mable kisses! but at least i have randy and penny kisses.

[mable kisses!]

Have you ever accidentally eaten an insect?
OA: spiders crawl into your mouth all the time, i heard like 3 to 4 a year? i need a muzzle.
AT: i still don’t have a muzzle… i am probably still eating spiders. ick.

Have you ever cleaned up someone else’s vomit?
OA: yes, and that is true friendship right there
AT: yep.. most recently it was dog vomit, because i am a dog momma. still haven’t taken the human child vomit task on. maybe one day…

Have you ever dropped food on the floor and eaten it?
OA: depends on the floor.. ours are pretty covered in dog hair.. ick
AT: haha yes, actually, earlier today at work. a chip. a popchip, to be exact.

What was the last thing you ordered at McDonald’s?
OA: um i got my boss a #2
AT: don’t remember, but i bet it was something for my boss again. i never buy mcD’s for myself.

What’s crazy to you?
OA: that i broke my arm. really. its a trip.
AT: that i had a dream about a biker gang shooting at another biker gang and marshall was riding his motorcycle next to the gang being shot at and he was shot and killed, and then when i told him about it he told me that the news reported a dead biker with shotgun shells around him and was suspected to be in a biker gang. WHAT THE WHAT? WHAT. no, WHAT?!

[the day i got home from the hospital after breaking my arm]

When did you last eat pizza?
OA: ummmmmmm tuesday, i made a bbq chicken pita pizza..dellllish
AT: last saturday in chicago!

What are you drinking?
OA: water water water i drink atleast a gallon a day…
AT: same answer! but i have been BAD at my gallon lately. whomp whomp.

Have you ever talked about marriage with someone before?
OA: haha. with one person. thank god that didnt happen. we were young. woahhhhh.
AT: well, yes. i am married now. and we actually talk about marriage now more than we ever have.

Favorite place to be?
OA: with friends, hanging out, having fun, snowboarding, boating
AT: on vacation. or doing all the things in my original answer.

[snowboarding with friends]

My 24th b-day!
[boating with friends]

Does anyone hate you?
OA: doubt it but i guess they could
AT: probably. when you put your life on a blog, someone is bound to hate you.

How many people do you trust fully?
OA: hmm. a handful. i have small hands.
AT: i think my hands have shrunk a bit since my original answer…

What hurts you at the moment?
OA: my arm, as usual
AT: my gut. i owe you all an update on it, i am aware.

When and where was the last time you met someone new and who was it?
OA: last nite at stg i met some dude named jonny, and tonys pal dustin
AT: i met michelle at brunch with GPP friends yesterday! i am always meeting new people at GPP.

Do you believe that you can change someone?
OA: they have to want to.. but im sure you can have a influence on it
AT: i am feeling like you can have less and less of an influence on changing people and they really just have to want it for themselves.

What bill do you hate paying the most?
OA: car insurance. because lets face it…you put a lot more money into it than you get out of it.
AT: health insurance! it’s way more than car insurance and i use it never.

If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
OA: july 10th 2003..that would have prevented a lot of other problems also for example canada deportion, and also the whole probation for 18 months was somewhat whack.
AT: i would still probably change that day. criminal records suck.

canada, right before i was deported. sigh.
[my few hours in canada.. before leaving due to deportation]

What errand/chore do you despise?
OA: getting gasolina. and folding clean laundry. my floor is covered in oh so clean clothes.
AT: what do you know, same answers. still hate both those things with a passion.

Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
OA: no place is too strange for oral hygiene.
AT: it’s true. 2007 janetha knew a thing or two about clean teeth.

and that’s all for today. have a great weekend!

Qs for you~

1. if you could go back and change one thing what would it be?

2. when and where was the last time you met someone new and who was it?

3. what bill do you hate paying the most?

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 28, 2012 at 6:32 pm

1. if you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
I’d have written up a contract with the band RIGHT away…and probably left LA earlier…and maybe have gone to a school that would give me a BA or BS, not a BM (changing careers made me learn no one cares about a BM). Please note: I have NO regrets!
2. when and where was the last time you met someone new and who was it?
I meet new people at work everyday and they are all so lovely and nice.
3. what bill do you hate paying the most?
Normally my answer is rent but since I don’t have that right now, I’m going to say my car payment. Especially when I see how much is left…haha!
(Side note – i have that bikini top from the boating pic!)

Carly September 28, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Hmmm….If I could change something? 6 years ago we were drunk and stupid and a friend died because of it. I’d definitely be the voice of reason in the situation and change that outcome.

Technically, I meet someone new every single day at my work where I serve. It’s even better when these new people tip me.

I hate hate hate paying my car insurance. It’s so expensive and the one time my car got hit in a hit and run, they still made me pay my deductible. Not cool.

Kim@hungryhealthygirl September 28, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Worst bill is health insurance for sure! How did you break your arm? That looks soooo painful!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List September 28, 2012 at 7:16 pm

it’s posts like these that keep me forever hooked on you.

Colleen September 28, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Ooo ooo I want to hear the Deported-from-Canada Story!!!!

Amanda September 28, 2012 at 7:21 pm

That is one gnarly looking arm! OUCH.

When it comes to changing people it depends on what you want to change. Get them exercising? Possible. Alcohol or drug addiction? That they have to want to change. I’ve waited for somebody to change for a long time and it really hurts when you realize that they like the feeling they get from being drunk and won’t change it for the world.

lindsay September 28, 2012 at 7:53 pm

i don’t even remember my myspace password. sheesh, it’s been way to long. this was hilarious. Did you know i had a dream about you the other day? It was weird. All i know is that we were on a trip. LOL.

And your gut, not good. Hope it feels betters soon. praying!

Corrie Anne September 28, 2012 at 10:24 pm

I’m sure I have some very special surveys like that out there on myspace somewhere!!!

I met the parents of a new piano student today. They are all characters!! It’s a really fun part of my job, listening to parents tell me how wonderful their child is. I really do like it.

I asked my husband what I would change.. he named anyone else I ever dated. Lol. Wrong. Probably the attitude I had with my parents for a while when I was younger. That was uncalled for.

Erica September 28, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I think its awesome that you posted this! Always fun to look back at what you were thinking at a given point in time.

1. if you could go back and change one thing what would it be?I’m a big believer in everything happens for a reason so nothing.

2. when and where was the last time you met someone new and who was it? Probably at the gym too! New members always introduce themselves to me when I teach !

3. what bill do you hate paying the most?
Fact- I do not pay the majority of our bills- Josh handles the bills, I handle everything else (cooking, cleaning, etc).

Jenny B September 28, 2012 at 11:54 pm

I enjoyed reading this :)

Lee September 29, 2012 at 5:41 am

This was fun to read. It’s always so interesting to see how much we change and how much we stay the same.

Have you ever told your deportation story?

Broccolihut September 29, 2012 at 7:29 am

Fun survey!
1. I would go back and NOT ignore my thyroid problem. Maybe that way I wouldn’t have to be dealing with it the month before my wedding…
2. I most recently met a fellow dog owner who lives in my apartment building. Our dogs were really into each other.
3. I absolutely hate paying for health insurance too. It’s by far the most expensive bill I pay and I rarely use it.

Emily @ www.main-eats.com September 29, 2012 at 7:35 am

Fun flashback-love seeing your different answers-great idea for a post!

The Delicate Place September 29, 2012 at 7:43 am

wow..i don’t even remember my myspace account!
1. being 18 and having a vulnerable photo of me taken
2. a couple weeks ago, a few of my new sister-in-laws friends
3. i hate paying the cell phone bill. so much!

Cheri Z September 30, 2012 at 10:20 am

Change: I would NOT have gone into education. Don’t get me wrong, I adore being a teacher, but it has just been too hard on my health (total stress) and my finances.
New People: Happens every day. Our school is like a mini Grand Central Station. Plus, my ballerina daughter pulls me into all sorts of new venues as well. Gotta tell ya, the dance moms I’ve met are nothing like the television show.
Most hated bill: Insurance … you’re thankful you don’t use it I suppose, but sometimes I feel like I’m throwing money away.

Paige @ Running Around Normal September 30, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Ha! I love this. Love 2007 Janetha and current Janetha :)
Hope you got some free time this weekend, lova!

sherice@foodieluvsfitness September 30, 2012 at 4:28 pm

You make me want to live in Utah just because I want to be your friend cause you always make me laugh and you seem so laid back and sweet!! we all need more people like that in our lives right?! I hate HATE putting away folded laundry.. it sits in the basket and my husband always acts really shocked when it’s put away!

Laura @ Joyful Shimmy September 30, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Love the flashback of the post!
1. if you could go back and change one thing that would be I would have taken risks sooner than later. I would have allowed myself to go on dates and have fun as opposed to waiting for the perfect body

2. when and where was the last time you met someone new and who was it? I have been meeting a lot of new people lately. I just met a fellow blogger that i am going to be working together- she is a relationship expert (real life Sex and the City) and I am excited to see what comes up

3. what bill do you hate paying the most? Credit cards

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats September 30, 2012 at 9:11 pm

LOL. Gotta love MySpace right? If I could go back and change one thing I would have probably gone to school for something different. The last time I met someone new was tonight at bible study. I met like 3 or 4 new girls. I hate paying rent the most because it is the most expensive and paying for apartments is like freaking robbery. Can’t wait to move! lol.

Calee October 1, 2012 at 9:19 am

This was such a fun post! I deleted my MySpace account a few years ago because I never used it, but I’m sure if I logged into my old hotmail account, there would be similar surveys. :)

Also, I am very interested in this deportation story … I got kicked out of a bar once for getting in a fight (true story), your turn. ;)

And:

3. what bill do you hate paying the most? Most definitely rent every month. I hate it. It bugs me because we could be paying a mortgage on a house instead. BOO.

SaraB October 1, 2012 at 10:54 am

I think the general readership agrees that we are owed a post on your deportation and probation long before we are due a gut post. just sayin. Janetha, you are such a bad ass!

Tiffani @ Miles In Murray October 1, 2012 at 11:21 am

My how time changes things! Haha..I loved reading this.

I don’t really know what I would change. Maybe a friendship that I had for 23 years. It wasn’t worth the drama.

I will be meeting my dad’s new girlfriend…..in a few hours.

I hate paying my HOA payment. They take my money and I don’t see any improvements!