friday fun: on the interwebs.

by Janetha on September 21, 2012

in humor

i like the internet. it has some good stuff. chances are you like it, too, since you are on it right now… reading my blog. here are some things for you to check out!

are you wearing pants? most times, i am not. what can i say? i love leggings. and lulu lemon. and i don’t reeeeally like pants. unless we are talking about randy pants. love him.

source

oh. my. gosh. i am an instagram addict, guilty as charged, but i got a huge kick out of this song making fun of instagrammers! so legit.

source

since we are on the topic of smart phones.. here’s another funny for you. my friend neil sent this link to me—HILARIOUS. it is a spoof on the new iPhone 5 and gearing it toward food photography. i had to watch it a few times because i liked it so much.

source

side note.. did you know that the new iphone 5 is going to have a different charger than, like, ALL THE OTHER APPLE STUFF i own? that’s so lame.

so, have you ever read a book, love it so much, and then wish you could find one similar? wish no longer, because there’s a website for that. whatshouldireadnext.com lets you put in a book title or author and it will generate other books that are similar to your entry. cool! i recently read gone girl by gillian flynn. i loved it SO MUCH, so i decided to read another one of her novels. i only got about 1/3 of the way in before giving up and deciding it wasn’t for me. too bad i didn’t know about this handy generator until now. i plugged gone girl into the generator and it spit out a plethora of options. now the only problem is selecting one from the list…

how about one for the animal lovers? my dog: the paradox. this had me in stitches! i can so relate to it all—but especially the part about cleanliness. i swear my dogs never stop licking, licking, licking… ack!

source

and if you are looking for an entire website that’ll make you laugh (and you have already read ALL OF THE POST on what should we call me) then give hilarious humor from outer space a shot. it’s pretty funny.. here are a couple of gems:

source

source

that’s all for today! hope i made you smile. have a fabulous weekend!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 21, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I love that pants info graph – totally made me laugh!! And i’m pretty sure according to that I do NOT wear pants 80% of the time. ;)

andrea September 21, 2012 at 5:16 pm

I loved Gone Girl it was truly the best book I’ve read in a while. I read her other two after Gone Girl and while they weren’t as good I hung in there. Sharp Objects wasn’t that bad but Dark Places was hard to get through..

Laura @ LauraLivesLife September 21, 2012 at 6:35 pm

I SO want to check out that book site – I’m always a looking for new authors (although I only read on the plane during the school year).

I don’t like pants either, but I mostly wear dresses and skirts. Lately lots of really really long skirts. I’m addicted.

Mary Legare Whaley September 21, 2012 at 8:03 pm

OMG. The fly thing is so true, especially in the car. All summer, nearly every morning, as I hop into my car, a damn mosquito joins me. I roll down all the windows, the sunroof, sometimes in desperate situations I pop the rear window which creates a wind tunnel, and everything inside the car blows around all crazy. I can’t hear my music. My gas mileage suffers. If it expels my rogue mosquito, it’s totally worth it. Love these links. I’ll save them for Monday at work…

Mollie @ Sprinkles of Life September 21, 2012 at 8:09 pm

HAHA! Those videos! So sad but so true! I haven’t read Gone Girl but want to after hearing good things from all around about it. I have read Two Kisses for Maddy. I actually did a short blog on it awhile ago. It’s SOOO good! You should read it.

michelle September 21, 2012 at 8:17 pm

I was laughing so hard at the my dog the paradox comic. Too funny!

kim@hungryhealthygirl September 21, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Loved both of the videos…those are great! Thanks for sharing the book generator! I never knew about such a thing and I will definitely be using this.

Kris September 21, 2012 at 11:14 pm

I was JUST thinking the other day that there should be something like that book site!! Thank You!! oh, and you should start with the Kristin Hannah book – and then read ALL the Kristin Hannah books. they are ALL good!

@pluvk September 21, 2012 at 11:53 pm

I just HAD to laugh at the fly “window maze.” I swear that’s true!

Katy A September 22, 2012 at 9:55 am

I am going to try the website for the books! … You should read the Janet Evanovich numbers series (One for the Money, Two for the Dough, Three to get Deadly, etc.). They are soo hilarious and are quick reads.

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige September 23, 2012 at 2:58 pm

BAHAH! Thank you for this post, girrrl. love the instagram vid and the iPhone 5 one is pretty great too. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. lol – Siri really kinda sucks balls though.

Claire September 25, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Two Kisses for Maddie by Matt Login is amazing! Maybe it’s a shameless plug since he is a friend of my brothers but check out his website http://www.mattlogelin.com for a preview :)

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) September 25, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I laughed louder than I have all day with that post- thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!