hello and welcome to thursday!
i know i have been talking a lot about eating clean and working out and being diligent with both of the above, but that doesn’t mean i am cutting out treats all together! i’m not a total stick in the mud… sometimes i’ve got a spatula in the cookie butter jar!
i made brownies the other night.
i wanted to bake, and brownies are marshall’s favorite, so i made them.
i can never just make something the same way i made it the time before (unless we are talking about the best chocolate chip cookies ever) so i put a fun little spin on these.
- 4 oz (four squares) unsweetened baker’s chocolate
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 1 cup evaporated cane juice or white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup biscoff spread or trader joe’s cookie butter
- preheat oven to 350 degrees (f).
- combine chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl. microwave on half power in one-minute increments, stirring after each one, until everything is melted together.
- add sugar, stir to combine.
- add eggs, stir to combine.
- add flour, stir to combine.
- fold in peanut butter chips.
- pour brownie batter in a 9×13 pan lined with foil or cooking spray.
- put biscoff or cookie butter in a microwave safe bowl. microwave on half power until it reaches a pourable consistency.
- pour biscoff or cookie butter over brownie batter in vertical lines, then slice through the batter with a butter knife to create swirls.
- bake for 30 minutes. do not over-bake! let cool completely before slicing into squares (or rectangles, or triangles, or even circles!) before eating.
xo. janetha g.