thoughts & things.

by Janetha on August 12, 2012

in dogs,fun with friends,random rambles

ready for random? i am.

1. we just got done eating mahi fish tacos for dinner, and now i am eating the cabbage slaw (red cabbage, lime, and plain chobani) by the spoonful. i cannot stop. i never knew i liked cabbage so much! (but the lime is really hurting my geographic tongue. you’d think that would be reason enough for me to put the spoon down. no.)

IMG 4629

2. i need to do a post about my geographic tongue. been meaning to for a few years now…

3. we went camping last night! our friends lindsay and brandon invited us to camp with them up in the uintas.. specifically at a rad little secluded campsite overlooking lake beth. or is it beth lake? either way.. it’s gorgeous.

IMG 1125IMG 1126

4. randy hates water. but he walked down by the lake with marshall and the other pups.

IMG 1114

and then he proceeded to stumble into a sinkhole of thick, stagnant mud. he was so surprised! we all were. it was sad, but ridiculously hilarious.

IMG 1116

he looked like a chocolate dipped basset hound, but not quite as sweet..

IMG 1120

who am i kidding? he’s sweet. super sweet. even when covered in mud.

5. i checked another item off my summer bucket list! i made dutch oven peach cobbler. IT WAS SO FLIPPIN GOOD.

IMG 1148
IMG 1153IMG 1156

yes.. we took vanilla bean ice cream camping. it was a tad melty, but you can’t have peach cobbler without vanilla bean ice cream. that’s a crime.

6. one of these things doesn’t belong.

IMG 1141

hint: it’s the bag of toilet paper. toilet paper does not go on burgers.

7. i impulse bought cosmo today at the store. i don’t think i’ve read this mag in over five years! i’m always sucked into the fitness and food magazines.. i decided it was high time for some sassy sex articles and useless beauty tips.

IMG 4631

8. tomorrow is day one of Rx+ week at GPP. i am a little worried about how the week is going to pan out. in GPP’s words: Rx+ week is 5 days of two-a-day workouts (11 total workouts counting saturday’s) that will jumpstart fitness, weight loss (if needed), and give momentum to all fitness and health goals.

i am not too worried about the two-a-day workouts.. i can do that for five days. i am a little worried about the nutrition plan. only because i have been eating HORRIBLY since back from costa rica. however, i am welcoming Rx+ week with open arms and i am certain that it came when it did so i can clean up my act and pull myself out of my crappy eating & ho-hum fitness funk. the nutrition plan is nothing crazy, but it does require me to eat the same thing every day for five days. the science behind this plan is when you have limited options, you are less likely to stray from a nutrition plan. sure, it may get boring, but it’s only five days.

i will keep you guys posted on how i do. i am going to give Rx+ week my best shot!

9. he got a bath. (penny got a bath, too. two, actually, because she rolled in the dirt out back immediately after her bath. rascal.)

IMG 4628

10. CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS SHOW.

IMG 1084

11. i made goat cheese & red pepper quinoa cakes the other night. they were so delicious. recipe to come!

IMG 4577

12. i have been blogging less. it’s good for me. speaking of… i’m gonna go now… me and my mister are going to watch batman begins. i will leave you with a few more camping photos!

IMG 1113
IMG 1144IMG 1133IMG 1137
IMG 1163IMG 1166

Q~ what was your weekend highlight?

sarah @ sarah learns August 12, 2012 at 8:50 pm

brad and i met a bunch of our friends at a HUGE beer festival yesterday. it was pretty great. but, sadly, we spent our day on the couch today because of it. i will never learn…

your camping trip looks like it was a blast! poor randy.

Sana August 12, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I had a lovely weekend with my family eating pizza, cheesecake and playing with babies that don’t belong to meee.

Tess August 12, 2012 at 9:40 pm

I had an amazing weekend with 5 of my best girl friends – it involved a night out of town, tarot card readings, massages and dancing until the wee hours of the morning. Couldn’t have asked for a better time.

The campsite looks beautiful and your cobbler looks amazing!

Mary (A Merry Life) August 12, 2012 at 9:49 pm

All the food in this post looks so great, especially the cabbage. I never thought I would like cabbage but it’s actually one of my favorites! Go figure.

My weekend highlight was heading over to our friends new house to check it out and spend some time with them. They are getting married in 3 weeks so it’s a very exciting time for them.

Sarah August 12, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Yay for…

peach cobbler
being outdoors and camping
spicing things up
blogging less
living more
telling your friends you love them

Katelyn August 12, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Awww haha! Randy is so cute.

Heather (Heather's Dish) August 12, 2012 at 9:57 pm

I just love spending time with my boys and the pups all at once! It’s my weekend highlight every weekend :)

Tiffani @ Miles In Murray August 12, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Hahaha…silly Randy! He looks so cute covered in mud.

Abigail always ALWAYS gets 2 baths because she rolls in the dirt after I give her the first one.

I love Lucy Hale, I may have to go get that issue of Cosmo! :)

corrie anne August 12, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Oh my word. I just read the first GPP Rx week workout. Ow. Curious if you’re planning to follow the burst cycle nutrition plan? That peach cobbler look so awesome.

Heather August 13, 2012 at 12:09 am

I like random. I am also in a total fitness funk. I am hoping Monday brings motivation!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance August 13, 2012 at 4:31 am

Camping looks like a blast! I love camping, but haven’t gone in years. I probably miss the s’mores the most. :)

Good luck with this week’s meal plan and fitness routine! It might turn out to be something new and fun that spices up the week. Can’t wait to hear about it.

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List August 13, 2012 at 4:58 am

I wanna do GPP with you. And come camping. And go to the movies.
A move is in order!

Lauren August 13, 2012 at 5:58 am

I am always so impressed with people that can camp for days. I’ve come to realize that although the thought of camping sounds fun, it’s just not for me. :)

Highlight of my weekend was a trip to Trader Joe’s and FINALLY getting to put on a bathing suit. It has been all summer, seriously. :(

Lee August 13, 2012 at 6:06 am

For some reason, I randomly started getting a subscription of Cosmo in the mail. I have no idea where it came from. Some of the sex tips are just so corny.

Sarah @ The healthy diva August 13, 2012 at 6:18 am

Weekend highlight was a quiet night in on Saturday. Yummy food, a great movie, and a sleep in the next day! Hope you go well this week at gpp… If anyone can do it you can!

sarah August 13, 2012 at 6:24 am

The highlight for me was my son’s 10th birthday. We all had so much fun!

Both my sister and my daughter have geographic tongues. I’d never heard of anyone else having one. I guess its not something people talk about much. I should look up how common it is.

Sierra August 13, 2012 at 7:07 am

This weekend I went out to a birthday party with a bunch of new girls in Chicago and stayed out until 2 AM which I haven’t done in over a year. It was such a fun night it was worth waking up at 11 the next day. That being said, I am happy to go another year without seeing 2AM.

Presley @ Run Pretty August 13, 2012 at 7:19 am

Randy is so freaking cute!

the delicate place August 13, 2012 at 8:35 am

aww poor ran-dog :( the highlight of my weekend was my future sis-in-law’s bridal shower. i love watching people open gifts and it was really sweet to see her and my bro together getting ready to start their lives together :)

i couldn’t do 2 a day workouts lol. for me eating well comes easy, but i’m kinda lazy on the working out end of things. i’m lucky if i hit 4x a week, lately i’ve been doing 3 workouts a week.

p.s. <3 love minus the bear! i've got morrissey tickets i'm pretty excited about and btw the new fiona apple…wowza! love her!

Tina @ Best Body Fitness August 13, 2012 at 8:35 am

Oh my goodness I have never known anyone else ot have a geographic tongue. I do too! That junk is annoying…and kind of freaky looking.

natalie@thesweetslife August 13, 2012 at 9:15 am

you make me want to go camping…but only for 1 night. i prefer 1 night camping trips :)

glad you’re doing what’s good for you (ie. blogging less)–I’ve been focusing on some ‘good for me’ changes lately and feeling so much freer because of it!

had a GLORIOUS weekend–the highlight being so. much. quality time with the hubs!

Biz August 13, 2012 at 9:18 am

I haven’t camped in 25 years – WTF?! Your peach dessert looks amazeballs and insulin worthy!

Aw, poor puppers got muddy, that face is so pitiful and cute at the same time.

I got to see my daughter this weekend – even if for just a few hours, I’ll take it! :D

Michelle August 13, 2012 at 10:27 am

Randy’s such a cute bugger! Love him! We went camping with friends this weekend too…..Kohler Andrae State Park in Wisconson….it was right on Lake Michigan and the weather was gorgeous. They had a dog beach which the basset’s loved! They were running up and down the edge of the water and surprisingly had no problems dipping their toes in the lake.

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige August 13, 2012 at 11:23 am

I mean who doesn’t need a new naughty orgasm tip, right?? haha :)

I want to go to Lake Beth. I like the name and it’s freaking gorgeous. I also want dutch oven peach cobbler, pleeeease!

Janetha August 13, 2012 at 1:22 pm

You and Shane NEED to come to Utah!

kaitlyn August 13, 2012 at 11:29 am

YUM on the burgers. I made zucchini burger which were great and would love to see your recipe.
Highlight of my weekend-trail running with my man and the dogs yesterday and finishing a whole book.

Janetha August 13, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Actually I don’t have one! My friends brought the burgers and corn, I brought macaroni salad from Whole Foods :)

Annette@FitnessPerks August 13, 2012 at 11:57 am

Ahhh camping! I LOVE that! Especially with the husband–and ice cream. GREAT idea.

Good luck this week at GPP! I know you’ll rock it :)

Jessica August 13, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I’ve been blogging less too. Funny how when you are busy having fun, you run out of time for blogging! :)

Janetha August 13, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Yes, definitely! Well, actually, I have the time, but I have filled it with other things. Like laying on the grass doing nothing at all. I think it’s probably a good idea.

Erica August 13, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I really like cabbage too. So yummy. Camping! Looks like a blast. Ohhhh Randy. I want to meet Randy (and you too ;))

Janetha August 13, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Me too, with you.. and Frank.. and baby K.. ok, Josh too! xo

Lisa August 13, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Randy is just adorable! Poor guy.
The peach cobbler looks so interesting! I’m impressed.
Haha, all those sex tips in cosmo are just the worst, they just use the same things over and over and change the wording.
This weekend I worked nights, so it was pretty uneventful!

Kelly @ No Sugar Sweet Life August 13, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I know it’s simple, but I’m so excited about your slaw “recipe”… I LOVE fish tacos – but hardly ever make them at home. This will be the perfect accompaniment. :) THANKS!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables August 13, 2012 at 4:05 pm

So wanna read your post about geographic tongue! Those can look really cool. I’m a dental hygienist btw! :)

lindsay August 13, 2012 at 7:10 pm

youre the one that got me hooked on minus the bear on Pandora. I am jealous. Come pick me up on the way. I’ll bring goodies. Promise.

Emily @ www.main-eats.com August 13, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Love that slaw-simple and looks delicious! Also-I would eat a billion pounds of that peach cobbler-looks so amazing!!! Especially with ice cream!

purelylori August 13, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Michelle and I have geographic tongues. Dentist says it is nothing to worry about, who knows. But it is annoying.

Camping looked like fun! Gary wants to take me so bad, but I am not much of an outdoor girl ;(

Naomi(onefitfoodie) August 13, 2012 at 8:14 pm

peach cobbler over an open fire? YA KILLIN ME 10 days out from show lol just kidddding….well kinda

quinoa cakes sound delish! cant wait for the recipe! and they are made in a skille twhich is awesome because my new apt has no oven (I know so strange) BUT a nice stove top! lol

thanks for the comment on my blog, lady! always thinking of ya :)

Kait @ yogabeautylife August 13, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Spending quality time with my Passion sisters at Passion Parties’ summer conference! Training + team bonding = :)

Calee August 14, 2012 at 8:59 am

Yay for camping and blogging less. Not that I don’t like to hear from you, but it’s not your job to post all the time. :)

PS I can’t wait for the geographic tongue post. I remember you showing me at blend … and I was like, “um, okaaaaay janetha. time to put down that tequila.” ;)