three tip thursday [13].

by Janetha on August 9, 2012

in guest posts,tips

it’s that time again!

Happy Three Tip Thursday! I’m Kim from Wonderings. I met Janetha at Blend this year and I am so happy to be sharing some tips with you today! I am going to share three tips with you on how you can be a local explorer!

Tip #1: Enjoy your local farmer’s market!

clip_image002

Going to your local market will not only fill your fridge and pantry for the week, it can also let you know what is going on in your area. You can find out about local farm tours, bike groups, and events. You just have to take the time to peak your head in every tent and see what is going on!

Tip #2 to being a local explorer: Support Local!

This may seem obvious but there are great restaurants, breweries, and shop owners who survive on your local business. When you have the chance to choose between a chain and local owner, please choose local! Who knows, you may find your new favorite hangout!

clip_image003

Tip #3: Get outside!!

There is no greater resource than those occurring around you! While I know that not everyone has mountains to climb, I am sure that there is a public trail out there you haven’t done before, state park that you haven’t camped in yet, or perhaps a river to raft down! Pick an activity you have never done before and get going, you may actually discover something that you love!

clip_image004

Thanks for reading!

Kim

Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl August 9, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Love your tips, Kim! Of course you have an awesome to all of those with the state you are in. but I couldn’t agree more. I find lots of local goodies. especially when I pound the local mags for stuff to do. many times its free movies or music in the park. nothing better than a little R&R with some good food, friends, and entertainment. ;)

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List August 9, 2012 at 7:45 pm

love kim!! We should support locally next year by having Blend in Boulder again…whattya think?!?

Kelly @ No Sugar Sweet Life August 10, 2012 at 3:48 pm

YES!! Grand idea, Lindsay!!

Erin @ erinberries August 9, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Love your tips! I’m a true believer in going local. In Austin, we even have “Go Local” cards in which you get discounts/special offers for eating/buying from local places around town.

Kim @ Wonderings August 9, 2012 at 9:23 pm

@christine – local mags are the best!
@lindsay – Boulder would be perfect!
@erin – I would love a local card! It would make it easy to find new places.

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 9, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Great tips!

I always find that 98% of local restaurants have way better food than anything I can find in a chain. So I definitely think it’s the way to go.

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance August 10, 2012 at 5:40 am

Great tips! I’m trying to eat more local produce–I wish it were more readily available though. That’s the tough part.

Annette@FitnessPerks August 10, 2012 at 8:45 am

I LOVE our local Farmer’s Market! MUST hit it up again soon :) thanks!

Calee August 10, 2012 at 10:07 am

great tips! (ps I owe you some too!)