ask away.

by Janetha on July 30, 2012

in questions answered

hey, hi, hello.

today was my first day back at work.

my brain is mush! sometimes i wish i had a job that didn’t require “prep” or “catch up” before and after vacation.

like when i worked at target at the age of 16. hmm…maybe they are hiring.

aside from being back at work, my day consisted of morning juice with the new addition of hemp seed (marshall still makes me fruit and veggie juice every morning, he grabbed some hemp seed on a whim yesterday at whole foods), a big mug of cereal because it’s a life staple, a chocolate protein shake, a giant cobb salad, lots of fruit because i got hooked on it in costa rica, this workout which nearly killed me (my lungs are still on fire, no joke..that’s what i get for taking nearly 2 weeks off from working out) and i am now about to make this for dinner because it was so amazing the first time around and we’ve been dreaming about it since.

funny. i just summed up a whole bunch of stuff–both meals and moves–that i could have easily photographed and rambled on about lengthily (did i just make that word up?) and made a wonderful post out of in one long run-on sentence. oh, look, there was another long run-on sentence. hope you followed.

hmmm. i know, this isn’t really like me. but, like i mentioned in my last post, i’m not feeling quite like myself. i am in a funk of sorts. i may as well be honest with you all instead of trying to irk out a forced, fake post.. right? right. good talk.

anyway, i’ve been meaning to create a form for people to ask questions. “meaning to” meaning.. for the past year or so. tonight, i finally got on that small to-do. i thought now would be a good time since i have a slight case of the blog blahs. well, just the blahs in general.

i get a lot of questions in my email. not just about food and fitness, but about dogs and guts and utah and life. i try to answer those emailers as quickly as possible (and by “as quickly as possible” i mean “within three months”… if you have emailed me a question before, you know this.. sorry..) but i also know people want to ask questions anonymously. additionally, i think that it’ll be beneficial to answer questions publicly rather on an email-by-email basis.

there is a form on my sidebar (look to the right) so you can ask a question whenever the mood strikes. i will answer the questions as they come in—as best as i can. if there are any weird, creepy questions.. i probably won’t answer those. just a heads up. but for the most part, i’ll answer anything. so ask away.

you can also use the form below.

you may call this a cop out post, that’s fine. i’d agree with you.. like i said, i’m still working on getting that function-in-real-life mojo back. when i find it, i’ll be sure to post about costa rica. i have some gorgeous photos to share.

in the meantime, you should go see the new batman. i saw it. twice. i never see movies in theaters twice! that may have been a first, actually. and it was two days in a row, at that. i really liked it. i also like escaping to movie theaters.. it’s the next best thing to escaping to central america. for now, at least.

chat soon. promise.

Sana July 30, 2012 at 6:43 pm

You need another vacation!!

Momma b July 30, 2012 at 7:11 pm

I love you!
Don’t have any good questions…..yep another vacation or movie could be in order :-)

Coco July 30, 2012 at 7:21 pm

I worked at Target at age 16 as well! hahaha

Janetha July 30, 2012 at 7:23 pm

So rad. It was my first job ever.. I worked in toys for the most part. I will never wear red & khaki together again. Ha.

Coco July 30, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I worked the fitting room…aka sat there reading a magazine and critiquing people’s clothing choices. ha

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 30, 2012 at 7:23 pm

I definitely understand the funk. I think I’m still trying to come out from mine after going to the east coast at the beginning of the month. HA! But, happy to have you back and I’m sure you’ll get back in your groove soon! :)

lindsay July 30, 2012 at 7:31 pm

a little bird told be you are a whiz at writing posts so fast. Ya, that i want to know how to do.

p.s.
never a cop out post.
;-)

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List July 30, 2012 at 7:41 pm

i’m a bird.

Janetha July 31, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Tweet.

purelylori July 30, 2012 at 7:45 pm

welcome back ;)

xoxo

Janetha July 31, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Thanks, love! Have really loved your wedding posts! I am lurking ;)

Andrea July 30, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I hate funks!

Denise G. July 30, 2012 at 11:07 pm

I totally understand “prep and catch up”. I’m prepping tomorrow only not so I can go on a fun vacay, for surgery..boo!!! That doesn’t seem fair! Prep and catch up should only exist when there is fun in between. Oh well.

Janetha July 31, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Oh, no.. I have been there, it’s no fun :( I hope it goes well and you recover quickly!

Neil July 30, 2012 at 11:51 pm

So, So happy to see you today. Pulled me out of a funk of sorts. You have that effect on me.

Sorry, bout the funk. I’ve been deep in a writers funk for 2 months. I got a little “hater” in my head who tells me I can’t do these things. Sometimes I listen. Can’t force it, though. Frankly J – you could sit and type stuff like this: a;soim paoije pafoisdjf pwoeiaj cpoiejw vpourgaposkdjf – and I would read every line and try to interpret!

Good to have you back.

Janetha July 31, 2012 at 2:31 pm

You were in a funk? Couldn’t tell one bit. Thanks for the push. I needed that workout physically and mentally yesterday! It was hard but I’m glad I am back at it. Hey–you are a great writer. I have been hoping to see a musings post from you for awhile. You’ll knock one out soon, I am sure. Just tell that hater to shove it. ;) Thanks for everything.

Ellen M. Gregg July 31, 2012 at 4:45 am

I read your blog religiously and haven’t run across a cop-out post yet. While I’m *almost* old enough to be your mother, I feel more akin to a peer. That said (for whatever reason, and for what it’s worth) I’m sending you a virtual hug, and I hope your in-person friends and family are hugging you up. :-)
I’m going to see Batman this weekend. Can’t wait!

Janetha July 31, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Ellen, you are SO kind! Thank you for the comment and virtual hug!!

Kim@hungryhealthygirl July 31, 2012 at 5:29 am

It sucks getting back to reality after vaca. Glad you had a great time, though!

the delicate place July 31, 2012 at 6:43 am

that first day is always really rough! i have been craving fruit like crazy lately too! must be all these hot/humid days…where is autumn?!

i’d like to know what is your favorite band to see live OR what would be your dream job?

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning July 31, 2012 at 7:39 am

I was in a funk ALL week last week after I got home from vacation. I just wanted to go back- didn’t want to face reality. It’s hard adjusting back to real life (and for me, I’m still figuring out what that is now with this whole new career thing)!
I like your “ask a question” idea. Get right to the point.
And don’t feel bad about not answering every single email right away- there’s only so many hours in a day, and you already fill them to the max!
Good to see you “back.” xoxo

Janetha July 31, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Ughhhhh.. real life. It’s scary.

Emily @ www.main-eats.com July 31, 2012 at 9:03 am

3 things:
1. Target was the only place I have ever applied that I didn’t get the job…ouch.
2. Not a cop out post-awesome idea!
3. Batman was crazy crazy good!!!
: )

Janetha July 31, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I wouldn’t be too heartbroken about that one.. Target wasn’t a rad job ;)

Tamara July 31, 2012 at 9:32 am

Agreed, Dark Knight Rises was incredible! I haven’t seen it again… YET! I did see Avengers twice in theaters. Two days in a row, actually. And last year we saw Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World two weekends in a row in theaters. Sometimes a movie just moves you, ya know?

HUGS!!!!!

Janetha July 31, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I need to see the Avengers!

Tamara August 1, 2012 at 7:31 am

Yeah you do!

Annette@FitnessPerks July 31, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Dude. I totally know the *blogfunk. It’s crappy. But you still are awesome–and you’ll be back at it all in no time. ENJOY the memories of the vacation while you’re at it :)

Or just go see a movie–that always helps too.

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige July 31, 2012 at 12:55 pm

I swear, whenever I get back from an especially epic vacation, I come back with either a case of the blahs or a case of I really need to overhaul my life.
When we got back from the Rockies in June, I almost decided to quit blogging! But then I built Your Trainer Paige instead. And re-prioritized a lot of shit in my life :)
Hope you feel back to yourself, soon, friend!

Janetha July 31, 2012 at 2:34 pm

YEs,, a life overhaul sounds nice right now!!!

Katie July 31, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Pretty much nothing worse than trying to jump back into real life after a vacation. Love you and hope you get to sleep in sometime SOON. <3

Janetha July 31, 2012 at 2:34 pm

love, love, love you

Calee July 31, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Get yo mojo back, and soon. I hate being in a post-vacay funk! But yes, definitely see Batman multiple times.

And I hope you don’t read my blog … it’s one giant run-on sentence after another. It comes from writing for college recruiting pieces. They want you to be beyond conversational. To the point where grammar and syntax sometimes go out the window.

Sarah @ The healthy diva July 31, 2012 at 4:56 pm

I can totally relate about experiencing a bit of a funk! Just started back at school but wished I was on holidays. But you’ll get ur groove back and ur fitness as well! Lots of love!

Heather @ Better With Veggies July 31, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I know how you feel getting back from vacation – someone we have got to figure out how to get paid for vacation! Just wanted to reassure you (not that you need it) that you’re normal. Or at least as normal as me. :) I need a vacation!

Mollie @Sprinkles of Life August 2, 2012 at 12:26 pm

The funk always seems to happen once we get from vacation. It’s such a weird, like eery out of body feeling. Hard to explain but totally know what you mean.

Michelle August 6, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Hi there I really get a lot of information from your blog and so happy that I found it !! So here is a fun question and I will try and see Batman over the weekend, after seeing you back at a wedding the tall and short picture was adorable, so how tall, or is that how short are you. Have a great day !!

Janetha August 6, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Thanks for stopping by! I am 5’1″ short :)

Toni August 7, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Hey, I wonder if you could do a couple days a week showing a typical eating day? I guess that’s a pain? But if you don’t mind doing it now and then, it would be helpful to see other approaches.

I have tummy issues (a lot) like you complain(ed?) of….I don’t have a juicer though (or patience for actual juicing and cleaning)…any other tips? SO MANY of the health food supps I see in stores are super expensive with greens this and spirulina that. Gosh, I need simplicity and to somehow build up a better body (while getting out the gunk that has me so fatigued and so blocked digestively) without gimmicks. I wonder if that’s possible!