weekend things & scenes.

by Janetha on July 16, 2012

in random rambles

hi. apparently i took a blog vacation before my real vacation.. seeing as i haven’t posted since last friday. the weekend was a fun & busy one! here are some of the highlights.

1. company lagoon day.

we had so much fun at lagoon (the local amusement park)! eyefirst media designed these awesome shirts for us to wear on lagoon day—i love the way they turned out.

photo 019 photo 020photo 024

lagoon was fun.. but i am definitely too old for some of those rides. i seriously had a headache and was nauseous all day after riding a few of the gnarly upside-down, spin around rides. they seemed like a good idea before hopping on, but when hopping off, i swore off those types of rides all together. now i know why my boss opted to push his granddaughter around in the stroller all day!

photo 017

we had a terrace rented out and enjoyed a lunch of sandwiches, salads, chips, and various desserts. it was fun to hang out with everyone in a non-office setting!

photo 018

photo 016

the second best part of the day (the best is in #2 below) was all the prizes marshall won for kerryne’s kiddos. check out the loot!

photo 026

2. the skycoaster.

one thing i will never be too old for is the skycoaster! it is a tall thrill ride that you can read about on wikipedia. i rode it with amanda and kerryne in the rain on friday night.

this was probably the tenth time i’ve ridden the skycoaster. it never gets old!

3. i went to the farmers market on saturday.

amanda, kerryne, and i headed to the market around noon on saturday for some brunch and browsing.

we started with iced coffee.

IMG_4132 IMG_4134 IMG_4135

while in line for coffee, we spotted this sweet 13-week old newfie. AH!

we are big sharers, so we decided to get both a savory dish and a sweet dish to share. for the savory, we snagged huevos rancheros from frida bistro.

the ranchero sauce was so flavorful and had just the right amount of kick!

for the sweet, we had a caribbean waffle from the caribbean grill.

IMG_4144 IMG_4143

the gal at the carribean booth, michelle, was SO friendly! she gave us a fruity drink on the house and served our waffle with a smile.

IMG_4150IMG_4153

the waffle was topped with melon, pineapple, and a special syrup. i loved the unique combination of flavors and it was a tasty change from normal butter & maple syrup.

after eating, we wandered around the market and made a few purchases.

IMG_4163 IMG_4175   IMG_4171IMG_4158

4. indoor rock climbing!

after the market we headed to momentum for some indoor climbing. it had been on my to do list for a long time!

IMG_4255  IMG_4249IMG_4254 IMG_4253 IMG_4251

we got our gear, had a tutorial, and were climbing up the walls before we knew it.

IMG_4240IMG_4187   IMG_4192   IMG_4217 IMG_4215 IMG_4234IMG_4222 IMG_4238

it was SO much fun. i can’t wait to go again!

5. dinner with the girls.

saturday night i headed to the bayou with some lady friends for some beer, food, and much-needed catch up chatting.

photo 027 photo 028photo 029

i had the garlic burger and the next day, marshall asked me if i ate something with garlic. i’d even brushed my teeth twice! those garlic burgers are potent. potent, but tasty.

6. retail therapy.

i was having a bad day yesterday. i spent money. it’s what i do.

i got these

and this

and this, too.

image image

7. doug benson.

fun fact: my brother’s name is doug benson. it also happens to be the name of one of our favorite comedians. we headed to his show at wiseguys yesterday. this was the second time marshall and i have seen doug live. he’s hilarious! check him out.

photo 030

those are my weekend scenes and things. skipping workouts and opting not to cook is sometimes the very best option in life, right?

and now it’s monday night again. those weekends sure are quick!

today’s scenes and things included a few meetings at work, this workout, a dishwasher repairman (ugh, ours broke), and my first brazilian wax. i’ll spare you the photos.

Alex @ therunwithin July 16, 2012 at 6:29 pm

man, your weekend looks jam packed with so much fun. I am a huge fan of dollar coasters as well. I could ride them over and over. farmer’s market are such a must in a new place, you get the best of wherever you are in my opinion.

Tina @ Best Body Fitness July 16, 2012 at 6:52 pm

What a fun weekend!

And I gotta say it – DANG, WOMAN! Look at that back in that rock climbing shot. Hot stuff.

Lauren July 16, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Your weekends are never anything less than extraordinary! Love the market, what a dream! And kudos for indoor rock climbing. It’s been ages since I’ve done that. Hope you had a great Monday lady!

Andrea July 16, 2012 at 6:59 pm

You have it all!!

Sana July 16, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Rock climbing is so SO MUCH FUN!

Paige @ Running Around Normal July 16, 2012 at 7:19 pm

What a fun-packed weekend!! We have an indoor rock climbing place here and I haven’t gone yet…I really need to get on that – it looks like so much fun!
And the puppppyyyyyyy. Adorable.

Kris July 16, 2012 at 7:29 pm

when I was FIVE I was too old for the rides ;)

I have never been a fan, and call me a weenie, have never been on one really. Pirates at Disneyland is as wild as I get. Old Pirates. There’s probably a new one I don’t even know of that slings you into the sky or something…

Kim@hungryhealthygirl July 16, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Awesome weekend! I would love to try rock climbing. Might have to move that to the summer bucket list!

lindsay July 16, 2012 at 8:00 pm

you mean posting sporadically is not normal? Glad you had a good weekend. I think you need to teach me how to like iced coffee. I just can’t get into it. I am a hot coffee lover all the way. I know, i know, crazy.
Much love to ya woman!
xxoo

emily (a nutritionist eats) July 16, 2012 at 8:00 pm

That looks like a near-perfect weekend! I agree that some weekends it feels so good to not workout and not cook…and other weekends it is the other way around!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List July 16, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Brazilian wax….need all the details. every last one.

purelylori July 16, 2012 at 8:19 pm

man sure wished my weekend looked like yours ;) haha I did lots of yard work and running around with Jax

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 16, 2012 at 8:22 pm

i have yet to get my heiney to lagoon! obviously that needs to change. i love momentum! it’s definitely one of the best indoor rock climbing gyms that i’ve been to. and a brazilian… oh girl, i am in pain just thinking about it. ;)

Dana @ Minimalist Baker July 16, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Super fun weekend! I’ve only tried rock climbing once or twice but loved it! You’ve inspired me to seek out another location and give it another go.

Super cute swimsuits by the way, kinda jealous.

Jessica July 16, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Looking FIERCE on that climbing wall, my friend. Seriously, you are ripped! Rock climbing is on my bucket list. I have a groupon for one in Milwaukee…I need to get on it! Although I think I want to get a bit more toned so I can have hot pictures like yours! haha

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 16, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Looks like a super fun weekend!! I’ve never been rock climbing but I’d definitely like to go sometime. :)

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance July 16, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I LOVE indoor rock climbing. So much fun!

And retail therapy . . . I hear ya. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. :)

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 16, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Love rock climbing! I’ve only been once in the last couple years but I used to go all the time when I was younger.

It’s harder than it looks – takes a lot of upper body strength!

Kerryne July 16, 2012 at 10:31 pm

BEST. WEEKEND. EVER!!!! I had SO much fun with my favorite ladies. Love your guts!

meg July 16, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Sorry to hear you were having a bad day. :( I tend to make myself feel better with retail therapy too. I went rock climbing a long time ago, I’ve love to go again sometime!

Weee! Congrats on your first brazillian! (ahaha! I love that you actually mentioned that on your blog) I’ve been getting them for years and love them. Welcome to the secret club. ;)

RainStorm July 17, 2012 at 12:19 am

Busy, busy, busy :) I’ve had a go at rock climbing recently. And been exploring farmers’ markets. I guess it’s the time of year to wander round a market enjoying the sights, smells and tastes!

Neil July 17, 2012 at 12:28 am

You gotta help me get into that rock climbing stuff. Have admired it from afar for years. Deathly afraid of heights. I’ll endure anyway.

Also, I really love training you to become a trainer. I have trained hundreds of trainers. None were better than you. When things slow down for you, we’ll have to plan a week long bootcamp of 2-a-days! I’ll hitcha up.

Ashley @ coffee cake and cardio July 17, 2012 at 12:38 am

Cute bathing suits!!! Oh and Happy anniversary!! Can’t wait for your guest post to be up today!

Erica July 17, 2012 at 12:53 am

Fun weekend stuff! Your farmers market looks totally amazing. And check out your back- whoooooooooop!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva July 17, 2012 at 3:49 am

Action packed weekend girl! I love love love rock climbing but haven’t done it in ages. Had my friend over from interstate so we’ve been chin wagging, shopping, and doing the touristy things around sydney. So sad that she leaves tomorrow but it’s been a blast. Friends are the best. Congrats on surviving ur first brazilian wax ;) They are pretty much like 10 lbs of fun in a 5 lb bag! Hope your week continues to be amazing

betty July 17, 2012 at 7:16 am

four things:

1. i love your white watch (mine got jacked :( )
2. I LOVE NEWFIES. i need one in my life.
3. i love that bathing suit top
4. i love your face! hope you’re doing well! you look so fit in all yours pics!!

Nicole C July 17, 2012 at 8:38 am

Utah in the summer looks so fun! We are going to have a company work day but I guarantee it won’t be as fun :/ I’m sort of not looking forward to it.

Since i cancelled my “personal training” that was a waste of money I went shopping too. I was spending a small fortune to not get anywhere. Now, they gave me 5 free sessions with a new to the gym trainer and she is everything I wanted in a trainer. Damnit!

ali July 17, 2012 at 8:56 am

FUN, FUN, FUN weekend! Loved all the photos and all the things you did! You packed a lot in!

Great to see you last night! I hope you have the best time on your trip!

Hugs!

Kim @ wonderings July 17, 2012 at 9:16 am

Looks like you had a fun weekend!! Random question, how do I get my hands on a ChobaniFit water bottle??

Julie July 17, 2012 at 9:45 am

Must try my hand at rock climbing!

Rachelle B July 17, 2012 at 9:52 am

I wish I was as good as your husband at winning carnival games! I suck.

rachellelala.wordpress.com

Alicia July 17, 2012 at 9:59 am

I’m sorta sad you skipped over the brazillian wax deets….

elaine c. July 17, 2012 at 10:26 am

i wish my back looked like yours! WOW! i’ve been wanting to try rock climbing for a while, i hear it’s a blast!

hmm, is it weird i want to hear about how the brazillian went??? pain? awkwardness? other?

the delicate place July 17, 2012 at 10:35 am

i’ve only been rock climbing 1x and it was really hard! your back is jacked my dear! hope you have a better day today :) holy brazil….did it hurt? i have been tempted to try it but never had the nerve. is it worth the pain?

we just had our company picnic a couple wks back at kennywood! nothing like some junk food and rides that throw you around to induce the feeling of vomit haha. i actually really love amusement park days so i’m happy we did one this year!

p.s. retail therapy always cheers me up too ^_^

Annette@FitnessPerks July 17, 2012 at 11:33 am

So I’m not the only one who goes through retail therapy, then??? ;)

I wish my company took us to outings like that…..

Molly @ A Fresh Start For Molly July 17, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Oh, Daniel would love that sky coaster thing.
This sounds silly but I didn’t know Newfoundland dogs were popular elsewhere – they are named after an Eastern Canadian province near me so I thought maybe we only had them around here! Plus their furry coats are great for Canadian winters :)

Lisa July 17, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Wow, what a jam packed weekend! It looks like a ton of fun! I haven’t gone rock climbing in ages, its a good time though. The best part is the nice camel toe the harness gives you;) I’m glad you found some good finds on your retail shopping day. Those bathing suits are adorable! Haha, I get brazilian waxes every month. They aren’t bad at all! Just take 2 tylenol before, and the next ones are a breeze after.

meighan July 17, 2012 at 1:40 pm

your back muscles are amazing!

Christine @ oatmeal bowl July 17, 2012 at 2:52 pm

we have an indoor climbing wall by us that my daughter and I have been meaning to try. Great pics of your adventure! Glad you had a great time. And nice job.

allie July 23, 2012 at 3:26 pm

so of course I’m psyched-beyond-psyched you tried rock climbing! This weekend, we checked out a new outdoor area; I think I finally found one I love in Arizona. Honestly, I miss the outdoor climbing in Utah.
I’m glad you liked it & even more thrilled you had fun friends to try it with you.