flashback friday fun: lagoon.

by Janetha on July 13, 2012

in flashback

hello and happy friday!

today is my company lagoon day–we have been trying to get my bosses to have one for awhile and today is the day! for those not from utah, let me clue you in… lagoon is our equivalent of disneyland, except on a much smaller scale. but it’s a nice little amusement park that i have been going to for my whole life!

NewImageNewImage

since it’s friday and i love alliteration, i thought i’d combine flashback friday AND friday fun into one tight, little package deal!

the last time i went to lagoon was in july of 2009. it’s been 3 years! i went with my family that time (my sister and her fam were in town from cali) and we acted like little kids again. my cute parents even treated us all to the experience.

NewImage

love how my mom stays young by hanging out with all her kids and grandkids!

NewImage

we went all out that year and rode those premium (as in–you have to pay more for them) rides that are a wee bit scarier.. the sky coaster:

NewImage

which i went on with my mom and my niece, who was 8 at the time!

NewImage

and some sling shot ball thingie. yes, that’s the technical name. i went on this one with my sister, marisa.

NewImage

i can’t believe how big my nieces and nephews have got since just three years ago. luke had to be around 2 1/2 here. he loves lagoon! he’s even going today!

NewImage

here is my brother with my niece, izzy, who looks like just a baby!

NewImage

sofi, who is tizzy’s same age, hated the rides that year.

NewImageNewImage

well, most of them, at least. she and izzy did great with the tug boats :)

NewImage

in 2007, i started dating marshall. i remember that summer we went to lagoon a few times. the first time was in june of 2007.. here we are on a roller coaster called colossus.

young love :)

i had never had a prize won for me at a lagoon game, so marshall stepped up to the plate!

NewImage

he managed to win me a stuffed shark, which i named CJ. i remember it so vividly even though it was 5 years ago! marsh has a shark tattoo on his hand and i named it charles (yes, i name some of his tattoos…) so i named the stuffed shark he won CJ for charles junior. i never said i was normal!

NewImage

one last flashback is from 2006 when i was at lagoon with the fam once again. i only have one photo– here we are on the merry-go-round, which was a childhood favorite of mine.

NewImage

my niece, kaylee, was on the cat–i ALWAYS had to get the cat when i was little. i was freakishly obsessed with cats. you don’t want to know the details.

anyway, that’s my short and sweet flashback of lagoon! hope you all have a fun filled weekend, whatever you have planned.

Q~

do you like amusement parks? how about roller coasters?

ali July 13, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Hope you are having a blast at Lagoon, Janetha! Lagoon is my favorite! Sooo many fond memories over the years. When my kids were younger we always got season passes, since we lived so close. Truthfullly, I’m sad that they don’t want them anymore ;). I’m hoping to get there in a few weeks. And, ride the sky coaster again! I’m curious who pulled the rip cord when you went with your mom and your niece? I went with my husband and brother, and had a mild panic attack on the way up! LOL! If I would have been by myself, I NEVER would have pulled the cord! They would have had to lower me down!

Have a great weekend! :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats July 13, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I LOVE amusement parks! We have a smaller one in Kansas City called Worlds of Fun and I love it! Glad you got to go!!!

Sana July 13, 2012 at 3:23 pm

It’s a waste of $$ to take me to an amusement park. I don’t do rides.

Tina @ Best Body Fitness July 13, 2012 at 3:46 pm

hope you had fun! I love theme parks. and your flashbacks.

purelymichelle July 13, 2012 at 3:56 pm

love the flashback! and love going to theme parks, we are disney girls at heart ;) we do like roller coasters, but not has much as we did as kids, maybe it is getting older but we are more scared haha I know we are dorks haha

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 13, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I love roller coasters!!! I can handle pretty any of them; super fast, upside down, steep drops, backwards….bring it on :-)

However, I can’t do anything that has a swinging motion. Even things like a little kid’s swinging ship will make me super nauseous.

But as long as I can avoid those, I’m always up for an amusement park!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat July 13, 2012 at 4:27 pm

What a fun post! We have a local amusement park in Pittsburgh, too, called Kennywood. Each school district even had a “Kennywood Day” in the Spring when we had the day off and everyone went!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 13, 2012 at 4:51 pm

We have a 6 Flags Great America around here, and I do love it – although I seriously cannot do too many roller coasters anymore. I get so nauseous and feel like I want to die after a few.

meg July 13, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I love lagoon! I think the only ride I didn’t like was the one where you free-fall. Not my thing! I hope you are having a fun day! :)

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily July 13, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Hope you had a great time today!!!! I haven’t been to an amusement park since the summer spence and i got married (2001), we are due for another trip for sure!

Alex @ therunwithin July 13, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I freaking love amusement parks! They are the best.

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables July 13, 2012 at 7:35 pm

I love roller coasters! You and your mom look so much alike!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 13, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I am NOT an amusement park, roller coaster or ride girl. If I go it’s for the shows, games and social aspect, not the rides. In high school I went with some of my friends and I went on a couple roller coasters but there was one they were trying to get me on and I did NOT want to go on it. I would always stand in line with them and then step through when it was time for the ride, except this time they pushed me in the seat before I could step through and forced me on the ride. I cried, it was awful and they thought I was never going to talk to them again. I debated it. ;)

Ezzie July 13, 2012 at 7:50 pm

I’ve always been deathly scared of heights but a recent trip to six flags helped me learn to love roller coasters! I may or may not have cried on the first ride, but after a few tries I got the hang of it! :p

Jena July 14, 2012 at 2:49 am

OH my gosh! I can’t believe your 8y/o niece went on the skycoaster! We have a sky coaster here; I went on when I was 14 or so, and that was RIDICULOUS!! I don’t think i’d do it now.

I love love theme parks; I was born & raised in central Florida, and my Step-Dad has worked at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure forever so we spent a lot of time there when I was growing up.

Rachel July 14, 2012 at 9:26 am

OMG I would be screaming my head off on that one ride you were on hahaha I actually hate roller coasters… I’m always scared I’m gonna fall out so I hold on for dear life haha

My friends are actually planning a trip to Six Flags and “making” me try the rides– I think I’ll stick to the kiddie ones ;)

Annette@FitnessPerks July 14, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I’ve been to Lagoon twice–and I think it’s SO fun! I always remember the Dippin Dots (of course), and the one that drops you from the top and you free fall. Ahhhhhhh. Now, I get sick and dizzy if I ride too many in a row. Hah. But I used to LOVE rides like that!

Emily R July 15, 2012 at 10:00 am

I L-O-V-E roller coasters. I haven’t been to Lagoon yet since moving here, but it’s definitely on my to do list!

Brittany July 15, 2012 at 10:01 am

While I’ve never been to Lagoon, I have been to tons of amusement parks and used to love riding roller coasters. Just last year I visited my version of Lagoon (called Kings Dominion) and while we all had fun, it wasn’t AS MUCH fun as I remember it being. The lines were long, it was hot and some of the rides were so intense I came off with a head ache. Maybe I’m just getting too old. LOL.

PS – I’ve totally done the sky coaster and human sling-shot rides at different parks too. :)

Zippsgal July 15, 2012 at 11:12 am

That looks like fun!!!!!
BTW – saw your Tweet last week – I HAVE GEOGRAPHIC TONGUE TOO!!!!!!!!!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning July 15, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I love the flashback and all the memories- so much fun! I am a BIG fan of amusement parks (and thrill rides!), but honestly can’t remember the last time I went to one. It’s something that i say I’m going to do every single summer- and just don’t. We have a wide variety within a few hours to choose from- so there’s no excuse! Going to Hershey Park (which is in Hershey, PA- about 80 minutes from here) is on my Summer Bucket List. I’m hopeful that it will happen…

Lea @ Coffee and Greens July 16, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I hate roller coasters. They’re scary and I’m a wimp. I do like amusement parks though.

Biz July 16, 2012 at 2:47 pm

I love, love, love amusement parks!! The scarier the roller coaster the better. Growing up we went to Kings Dominion in Virginia, and when my daughter was little, we always went to a small amusement park in Iowa near my brothers house.

Love the flashback pics!

meggi July 18, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Fun!! I love Lagoon! I had only been once before this summer! Now we go almost every Sunday. Silly but the kiddie coaster is my FAVORITE! And the boat :)