grandma benson.

by Janetha on July 7, 2012

in family time

this is grandma benson. my dad’s mom.

NewImage

grandma benson died in the middle of the night. it’s sad, but it was a good thing because she has been in a lot of pain lately. she has also been missing her husband ever since he passed away, so i am glad they are together once again.

i don’t mention my extended family too often–it’s simply because i rarely see them. but that doesn’t mean i don’t love them lots. my grandma and i didn’t see each other much or know each other well. but i do know she was a wonderful woman, wife, mother, grandmother, and friend.

here are a few photos of grandma benson and our family through the years.

NewImage

NewImageNewImageNewImageNewImageNewImageNewImageNewImageNewImageNewImageNewImage

we love you, grandma b.

Heather (Heather's Dish) July 8, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I am so sorry to hear about grandma benson’s passing, but so happy to know she’s not hurting anymore. Let me know if you need anything at all sweet girl!

Maren July 8, 2012 at 5:15 pm

I am so sorry for your loss Janetha! Thinking of you and your family!! xoxo

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva July 8, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Sorry for your loss Janetha. My thoughts are with you and your family. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures of your family. I pray your grandma is happy to be with her husband once again :)

The Healthy Hostess July 8, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Sorry for your loss girl. I know it’s never easy to lose someone you were close to and someone close to those you love so much!
Thinking about your family!

jessie July 9, 2012 at 1:42 am

I am so sorry for you, and your family’s loss hunnie. My Prayers are with you all. From the pictures, Grandma Benson looks like such a beautiful and loving lady. I can see in pictures that she has touched many peoples lives, and just know she will continue to do so <3

Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 9, 2012 at 6:13 am

I am so sorry for your loss, Janetha! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Ali @ Around the VeggieTable July 9, 2012 at 8:26 am

Very sorry for your loss…I am sure she is happy to be reunited with her husband though :) Great pictures you have to remember her by!

Shaunna@mamas13minutemile July 9, 2012 at 10:44 am

I am sorry girl! Grandmas rock! :(

Biz July 9, 2012 at 11:14 am

So sorry about your grandma, but I am glad she’s back with her husband! I was just at my Uncle’s memorial last week, and I know that my Uncle and Dad are splitting a Dr. Pepper and fishing together! :D

Alicia July 9, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Oh I’m so sorry for your family’s loss. Sending love and positive vibes your way!!! xoxo

Lisa July 9, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. Even if it was expected, it’s still difficult.

I loved the photos of her wedding. Beautiful!

Megan (Braise The Roof) July 9, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I’m sorry for your loss, Janetha. I’m glad that she’s not in pain anymore, though- that’s always a comfort. Great pictures of your family! I love your mom’s 80’s perm. ;)

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning July 9, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Janetha, I’m so sorry to hear about Grandma Benson. Hopefully she is in a good place now and reunited with the love of her life. I adore that first photo of your grandparents- the one with the camera looking down on them. It’s so beautiful!

colleenzo July 9, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I’m sorry for your loss. The picture of your grandparents in front of the rock wall is heartwarming and very special.

denise July 9, 2012 at 3:14 pm

so sorry to hear. Grandma’s are special people.

Jessica July 9, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Janetha, I am so sorry for your loss. Grandma’s forever hold a special place in our hearts. You and your family are in my thoughts. If I could mail you a giant hug, I would. xoxo

purelylori July 10, 2012 at 6:30 am

Janetha Michelle and I are both so sorry for your loss. Losing a grandparent is never easy. It still feels like yesterday when our grandpa passed away.

You and your family are in our prayers!!

xoxo

glidingcalm July 10, 2012 at 8:55 am

<3 to you and your family

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 10, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Sorry to hear about your grandma – she was a beautiful lady!

brandi July 11, 2012 at 7:27 am

thinking of you guys!

these are some great pictures

Jess July 11, 2012 at 10:45 am

Aw. I missed this. I”m sorry for your loss, so sorry.

elise July 13, 2012 at 1:56 pm

sorry about your grandma. im impressed with all those old photos you have!

and the family shots – priceless. you really look like your mama in the one right above their wedding pic!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) July 13, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Wow, those early photos were stunning! And it’s so fun to see Momma B over the years. I’m glad that she’s with her husband now but sad, especially for your Dad. He’s so lucky to have had her so long! <3