friday fun: randy’s birthday.

by Janetha on July 6, 2012

in dogs

yo! happy friday. this week was cool with that whole paid-day-off thing in the middle of the week. can that happen more often? please?

hope you all enjoyed ali’s three tips yesterday! she’s full of fun tips ALL the time, so be sure to follow her awesome blog.

since i took the night off from blogging, i didn’t get a chance to recap my special guy’s birthday yesterday! note: this is gonna be one of those “crazy dog lady” posts.

P1020407

he’s SEVEN. can’t believe it. marshall got randy in 2005 when we were simply co-workers and not in a relationship. i remember when he brought randy into work when he was just a baby pup.. cutest puppy ON THE PLANET. you can’t deny it.

l

i never get sick of staring at that photo.

as you know, randy and penny have been going to daycare for a few months now. this is a great way to make sure they get plenty of exercise while marshall and i are at work.  plus, they get to socialize with lots of pups all day long, which is good for their mental health.

they daycare we take them to offers special parties for birthday pups. i was really excited that randy’s birthday landed on a thursday AKA a daycare day! they made him his own personalized birthday cake.

P1020405

so cute! i was really surprised at his self control while they took his photo. he licked his chops, but didn’t attack the cake.

P1020410P1020409

i am also quite surprised he left that hat on for longer than three seconds. i guess you can get this guy to do anything when there is cake involved!

P1020408

what’s a birthday party without guests? randy was able to celebrate his big day with his sister (penny—for those just tuning in), his cousin (boozer, marshall’s step-sister stacie’s dog), and all his friends!

P1020426

that’s boozer on the left, winking. isn’t he a sweetie?

i wondered how they decided which dogs get to attend the party. the daycare has 50+ dogs there daily, but only about ten got to go to the party. they told me that the dogs really do make friends with each other and so they pick the dogs that randy (and penny) like to play with. they also try to pick pups who haven’t been to a birthday party before. these pooches were stoked to be selected!

P1020413P1020470

you can see that all the pups were SO happy to be celebrating! check out those smiles.

P1020415

oh, randy, your happy face makes my day.

i loved that all the guests had leis—and that randy, the birthday boy, had four of them. talk about royal treatment!

P1020449

everyone was standing around, licking their lips, and waiting for the cake.

P1020423
P1020429P1020430

after patiently waiting, it was finally time to eat cake!

P1020424

birthday boy first, naturally.

P1020455P1020440

of COURSE penny was trying to get in there. she is suuuuch a hog.

P1020427

greedy, greedy. pictures to prove it!

P1020438P1020439

hahahah.. look at that crazy eye!

P1020437

CAKE WASTED.

they made sure to get every last crumb.

P1020450 P1020461

all that cake left them thirsty! there was no booze at the party (they’re under age! plus dogs should not drink alcohol…) but there was plenty of water.P1020465

the party began to wind down, but the little vizsla puppy, ariel, just wanted to play.
P1020477P1020478P1020479

can you tell randy pants is gettin’ old? ha.. not amused.

P1020483P1020484P1020482

it’s good that randy gets to play with little pups. it keeps him young!

i’m so happy randy had a fun-filled seventh birthday party. he was in a cake coma when he got home from daycare and spent the rest of the evening snoring in his favorite chair.

whelp, that wraps up my crazy dog lady post for the day.

in addition to randy’s birthday, yesterday was mine and marshall’s 5-years-since-we-became-boyfriend-and-girlfriend anniversary. what? that’s not a thing?  we celebrated with a carribean cooking class at sur la table. it was so fun and so delicious! the added bonus was there were a total of three students in the class (one other lady aside from me and marshall) so it was basically a private class! pretty cool. i will be making the recipes we learned and sharing them with you guys soon.

a little blog business before i go… the winner of the probar fruition sample pack is #7, sarah b. congrats!

it’s time to enjoy the weekend! i think it may have to start with a nap since i was up early and doing the GPP workout this morning. marshall even went! that made me happy.

tonight i’m heading to dinner and a comedy show. kristen and i are seeing fortune feimster (from chelsea lately.) i can’t wait to laugh! then tomorrow will be filled with the farmers market, house cleaning, and maybe a little body combat with kerryne. sunday morning we are going to bikram! excited to get back to the mat—it’s been over a year.

hope you all have a great weekend!

Shannon July 7, 2012 at 7:34 am

oh, this post was awesome :) glad randy dog had a fabulous day!!!

Emily R July 7, 2012 at 8:07 am

oh my gosh…this was definitely one of my favorite posts. That daycare is awesome. so cool that they’ll throw parties for the birthday pups and invite their friends. That photo of Randy as a puppy is pretty much the cutest thing I’ve seen all week…

Susan July 7, 2012 at 8:39 am

Trying to pick a favourite picture from this post but almost all of them made me laugh!! Happy belated to Randy Dog! I think it is so cute that they make “friends” with certain other dogs. You’ve got a great doggie daycare – Buster is doing his first trial-day at one on Monday!

Ohyes, and happy anniversary to you and Marshall :) Love ya!

lynn @ the actor's diet July 7, 2012 at 8:56 am

happy bday from me and julius!

Kim @ The Family Practice July 7, 2012 at 9:22 am

so cute! I love Randy in his birthday hat!

purelylori July 7, 2012 at 9:45 am

love the poppy birthday recap! love all the pics too! Happy Birthday to Randy, so happy he and his doggy friends had such a great time! love it! And that vizsla puppy, ariel — makes me love my little Jax that much more. He is always full of energy and ready to go all the time!
Can’t wait to celebrate many birthdays with him :)
hugs

Rachael July 7, 2012 at 10:31 am

Those pics are too cute for words! Thanks for sharing!

Erica July 7, 2012 at 2:12 pm

ohhhhhhhhhh my gosh! I adore him! Randy is the cutest thing ever. Love the pup picture. And the personalized cake? FUN!

SweatyGirl July 7, 2012 at 2:43 pm

You’ve written some real gems… but I gotta admit, this is my fave post of all time! :-)

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats July 7, 2012 at 6:44 pm

My gosh, this post gave me puppy fever so badly! That little visla is precious!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 7, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Dogs wearing birthday hats and leis might go down as one of my favourite images of all time. Christ, that’s cute.

Ashley July 7, 2012 at 11:22 pm

OMG… those are the cutest pics ever! Love that his daycare threw him a party!!

sarah @ sarah learns July 8, 2012 at 6:23 am

awwww, happy birthday to randy guy! that is so awesome that the doggie day care does that for their birthdays! i love it. :)

Coley July 8, 2012 at 10:56 am

I LOVE that you did this for Randy! And all the pictures are too cute!!! Happy Be-lated birthday to Randy!

Carly July 8, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Randy as a puppy was sooo cute! Makes me want to get a basset hound(: We have a crazy boxer, that looked a little like that white boxer who was winking in one photo. That is such a cute idea to host a doggy birthday party at your dog’s daycare service, and your writings were hilarious as always. I cracked up; especially on the comments about the booze, haha

Sandra July 8, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Happy Birthday to Randy! He is the sweetest little dog. Basset hounds are the best. I have one of my own. Had two but lost one recently to cancer. I just love them. They are soooooo cute. Hug Randy for me!

Miranda July 8, 2012 at 5:30 pm

oh my gosh! SO CUTE!

Happy birthday Randy!

BroccoliHut July 8, 2012 at 6:25 pm

I loved all the doggie bday pics!! I love the idea of throwing a party for Margot next year. Happy birthday to Randy!!
…and happy dating anniversary to you and Marshall. I have a feeling that Seth and I will always commemorate our December 1st dating anniversary too, long after we’re married :)

corrie anne July 8, 2012 at 11:33 pm

The first pic of your dog is so cute that I kept looking at it like — is tha real??? Love the Vizsla puppy too!! That’s what I want to get!

Jenny July 9, 2012 at 8:28 am

Omg, Randy with the Vizsla! Cutest thing ever!

Ali @ Around the VeggieTable July 9, 2012 at 8:30 am

CUTEST blog post EVER. I kind of wanted to cry a little bit it was so cute.

Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl July 9, 2012 at 12:15 pm

OMG!!!! I’m dying over his puppy pic! The ears! His feets! :D This post was awesome in so many ways. ;)

Amy July 9, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Happy Birthday Randy!!!!! Looks like a great party :)

jaglangham July 10, 2012 at 1:55 pm

seriously the cutest blog post ever!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat July 13, 2012 at 8:09 am

Just saw this post (way behind, I KNOW), but I feel much better about my crazy-dog-lady moment with my dog’s birthday this week. Randy got a much nicer cake than Bella did though! :)

elise July 13, 2012 at 2:01 pm

oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my goshhhhhh…that puppy pic is the cutest!!!

i think its so precious that he got to enjoy his birthday with his friends, haha. that golden is a cutie too.

im impressed with the cake – but you should have just given him all the extra bars you have in your garage that hes constantly trying to steal. or is that penny? i cant remember. i still think thats the funniest story ever.

Alek Prus August 1, 2012 at 5:30 am